Jump to content


Tanks which got ninja nerfed with HD model


  • Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Habad #1 Posted 26 February 2018 - 11:40 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 53937 battles
  • 430
  • [SCREW] SCREW
  • Member since:
    12-07-2010

I can talk only about those i play.

 

M4A3E8 Sherman: Slightly decreased armor on lower front hull. Greatly decreased armor on upper front turret slope (used to be auto ricochet, now everything goes through).

Comet: HUGE nerf of front turret armor (gun shield). It used to bounce sometimes even tier 8 shots, now every tier 6 and even tier 5 shots goes through it, and in many cases kill gunner and commander in one shot. I just wondering is that nerf was intentional, or someone in WG have hands grown on wrong place. Cuz obviously none ever considered Comet as OP even with that shield armor.

M26 Pershing: also nerf on gun shield, more weak spots on it.

 

So what do you guys experienced so far?

 



Agent_327 #2 Posted 26 February 2018 - 11:45 AM

    Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 16270 battles
  • 283
  • [CAF] CAF
  • Member since:
    09-20-2010
Proof?

8126Jakobsson #3 Posted 26 February 2018 - 11:47 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 61018 battles
  • 2,572
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014
STB-1 - got poo smeared all over its face

Akathis #4 Posted 26 February 2018 - 11:48 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 71724 battles
  • 1,382
  • Member since:
    12-02-2012
Skorpion: accuracy is awful.

Strappster #5 Posted 26 February 2018 - 11:53 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 23565 battles
  • 8,757
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

Black Prince - could reliably bounce IS-3 AP if angled correctly before the HD model.

Bert (FV304) - HD model is twice the size of the old SD model, halved the camo values and wrecked the mobility.



discontinued #6 Posted 26 February 2018 - 11:54 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 5434 battles
  • 638
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-22-2017
STB-1 is practically useless, even after the supposed "Buff" to the Turret armor. The new Russian heavies and mediums which where so lacking in the game have made all other nations a waste of time.

Edited by discontinued, 26 February 2018 - 11:55 AM.


Habad #7 Posted 26 February 2018 - 11:56 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 53937 battles
  • 430
  • [SCREW] SCREW
  • Member since:
    12-07-2010

View Postdiscontinued, on 26 February 2018 - 12:54 PM, said:

STB-1 is practically useless, even after the supposed "Buff" to the Turret armor. The new Russian heavies and mediums which where so lacking in the game have made all other nations a waste of time.

 

That's true, every other non russian T10 med is pretty much useless now, when compared with russian meds.

Enforcer1975 #8 Posted 26 February 2018 - 01:20 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 18361 battles
  • 9,842
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-04-2014

View PostHabad, on 26 February 2018 - 11:56 AM, said:

 

That's true, every other non russian T10 med is pretty much useless now, when compared with russian meds.

Yep...not only tier 10. Every other nation has to be historically accurate because reasons. 



Igor_BL #9 Posted 26 February 2018 - 01:25 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 35524 battles
  • 1,029
  • Member since:
    06-10-2015
useless Batcat? Paton? TVP?

dimethylcadmium #10 Posted 26 February 2018 - 01:29 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 4556 battles
  • 770
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A
  • Member since:
    11-24-2017
KV-1, KV-85, T-150, KV-2, AMX 40, M6, St.Emil, Centurion I, SuperPershing, ST-I

dimethylcadmium #11 Posted 26 February 2018 - 01:31 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 4556 battles
  • 770
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A
  • Member since:
    11-24-2017

View Postdiscontinued, on 26 February 2018 - 11:54 AM, said:

STB-1 is practically useless, even after the supposed "Buff" to the Turret armor. The new Russian heavies and mediums which where so lacking in the game have made all other nations a waste of time.

 

Russian mediums should have T34 HT gun handling considering how much armor they have.

Habad #12 Posted 26 February 2018 - 01:51 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 53937 battles
  • 430
  • [SCREW] SCREW
  • Member since:
    12-07-2010

View Postdimethylcadmium, on 26 February 2018 - 02:31 PM, said:

 

Russian mediums should have T34 HT gun handling considering how much armor they have.

 

Batchat and TVP are good, cuz of mobility and drum, but Patton is nothing special, large, crappy camo, weak hull armor. Yes it got turret buff, but also got hull nerf, now scouts kill it on auto aim.

Edited by Habad, 26 February 2018 - 01:52 PM.


Igor_BL #13 Posted 26 February 2018 - 01:55 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 35524 battles
  • 1,029
  • Member since:
    06-10-2015

Paton is fantastic tank.

for me better then 140 for randoms



Homer_J #14 Posted 26 February 2018 - 01:57 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 27045 battles
  • 27,667
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

You can't really call them ninja nerfs when every minor change was scrutinised in great detail on third party blogs.

 

Anyway, E8 got off much more lightly than expected, they buffed the Fury instead of nerfing the E8 to match the historical mantlet and front turret armour.



Balc0ra #15 Posted 26 February 2018 - 02:04 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 62779 battles
  • 14,389
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostHabad, on 26 February 2018 - 11:40 AM, said:

I can talk only about those i play.

 

M4A3E8 Sherman: Slightly decreased armor on lower front hull. Greatly decreased armor on upper front turret slope (used to be auto ricochet, now everything goes through).

Comet: HUGE nerf of front turret armor (gun shield). It used to bounce sometimes even tier 8 shots, now every tier 6 and even tier 5 shots goes through it, and in many cases kill gunner and commander in one shot. I just wondering is that nerf was intentional, or someone in WG have hands grown on wrong place. Cuz obviously none ever considered Comet as OP even with that shield armor.

M26 Pershing: also nerf on gun shield, more weak spots on it.

 

So what do you guys experienced so far?

 

 

Ninja nerf would detail a hidden unannounced nerf. All these changes were shown on CT and noted in the patch notes. So they were all widely known. The HD model changes on the E8 was apparent in the premium based on the same tank released before the HD model change. The Fury that had an HD model when released had the same weaker lower plate before the E8 got his HD model. The armor differences between that and the SD E8 was basically a sign of what they wanted to do with it. Same with even the Prima Victoria vs the Cent 1. As the Cent 1 got those changes shortly after.

 

And the Comet and Pershing was more on that their spaced mantle armor is modeled more correctly if you will. And since they laser scan the layout if they have the real thing. Some changes to angles etc will occur vs the SD model. Some got stronger, some got weaker. As the early HD models where not laser scanned to get the correct layout. Thus why the Tiger got a new model this patch.

 

Comet still had those weak armored mantle areas next to the gun as before. They were just made a little bigger with the HD and went from 120mm to 101mm iirc. Tho in return the curved sides of the mantle are 200 to 500mm effective depending on where you hit it now vs before. It's still strong as top tier if you use the gun depression. And tbh RU did have complain topics about the old mantle being OP before. And we know what happens when the complain about something. Its why the IS-3 got the magical side armor buffs back in the day.


Edited by Balc0ra, 26 February 2018 - 02:12 PM.


Dava_117 #16 Posted 26 February 2018 - 02:07 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 17581 battles
  • 2,179
  • [B-BAS] B-BAS
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

View Postdimethylcadmium, on 26 February 2018 - 01:29 PM, said:

KV-1, KV-85, T-150, KV-2, AMX 40, M6, St.Emil, Centurion I, SuperPershing, ST-I

 

ST-I and the KV series got buffed not nerfed. Less weakspot and more rounded layout.

Igor_BL #17 Posted 26 February 2018 - 02:10 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 35524 battles
  • 1,029
  • Member since:
    06-10-2015

kv4 got buff.

also. ST I got comander and driver hatch nerf. but all in all. it got armor buff, looking bigger picture.

 

none of those are not ninja nerfs...



Habad #18 Posted 26 February 2018 - 02:15 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 53937 battles
  • 430
  • [SCREW] SCREW
  • Member since:
    12-07-2010

View PostBalc0ra, on 26 February 2018 - 03:04 PM, said:

 

Ninja nerf would detail a hidden unannounced nerf. All these changes were shown on CT and noted in the patch notes. So they were all widely known. The HD model changes on the E8 was apparent in the premium based on the same tank released before the HD model change. The Fury that had an HD model when released had the same weaker lower plate before the E8 got his HD model. The armor differences between that and the SD E8 was basically a sign of what they wanted to do with it. Same with even the Prima Victoria vs the Cent 1. As the Cent 1 got those changes shortly after.

 

And the Comet and Pershing was not "nerfed" as such. It's just that their spaced mantle armor is modeled more correctly if you will. And since they laser scan the layout if they have the real thing. Some changes to angles etc will occur vs the SD model. Some got stronger, some got weaker.

 

That still is a nerf on these tanks, without actual reason, other than "historical" in totally unhistorical game, poluted by fantasy, or prototype tanks which was never made, or never accepted by armies for various reasons. Tho they perform perfectly fine in game, and in majority of cases heavily outperform historical and battle proven tanks. Main point of this game now is fun balanced game play, but if they nerf historical tanks for historical reasons without giving anything in return, then it's plain retarded. 

leggasiini #19 Posted 26 February 2018 - 02:23 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 9584 battles
  • 5,804
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    12-01-2012

View PostDava_117, on 26 February 2018 - 03:07 PM, said:

 

 KV series got buffed not nerfed. Less weakspot and more rounded layout.

 

Debatable in the case of the KV-1/KV-2:

 

Spoiler

Edited by leggasiini, 26 February 2018 - 02:26 PM.


diddyfan2pac #20 Posted 26 February 2018 - 02:24 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 18558 battles
  • 6
  • Member since:
    04-28-2011

View PostBalc0ra, on 26 February 2018 - 03:04 PM, said:

 

And since they laser scan the layout if they have the real thing

where not laser scanned to get the correct layout.

Funny they laser scan real tanks to add weakspots but somehow their OCR software that scans fantesy blueprints does not find weakspots. Hmm must be uncalibrated...






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users