pansy

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Desyatnik_Pansy #1 Posted 26 February 2018 - 11:06 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 14408 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

So I kinda feel bad making another thread on this, but the other one was more me working on it and I wanted to upload it in a separate thread just so I didn't have to edit the OP Or bump it up again with the link lower down. So anyway. For anyone who is unhappy with the new Tiger I HD Model as of the last patch, I've remodelled it somewhat for you to look more like the older model. It's not perfect, there's going to be some issues here and there that I'm certain of and I'm sure some of the things I chose not to edit are things that some are fine with on the new model, and others are not. Sadly for those folks I have to say sorry, I'm not going to redo it just to remove say, the helmets on the side or the tracks on the turret.

Now with that out of the way, just some previews and then the link for you (as well as a small description on how to install it if you're not sure how).

Previews

Download link:

https://wgmods.net/694/

When you download it, you'll now have a zip in your Downloads (or wherever you direct that stuff to) called "[0.9.22.0] Tiger I Remodel". Open it with a program such as WinRAR or 7zip (or whatever else there is) and inside the folder in there will simply be a folder titled "vehicles". Extract that to your 0.9.22.0.1 Folder in res_mods within your WoT Game files. The final folder path should look like:

World of Tanks > res_mods > 0.9.22.0.1 > vehicles > german > G04_PzVI_Tiger_I (and all the stuff in that)

If it doesn't look like that, you might encounter some trouble with the model actually loading. If the folder changes (such as to 0.9.22.0.2), you likely will have to just move the vehicles folder with that inside over to the new patch folder and unless they've modified anything, it should work just fine. Additionally, it may not look as good on low graphics (as with any model mind you, but sometimes remodels have issues on lower graphics though I don't see a reason why this should be the case, just letting you know though). If you encounter any other issues however, please let me know. Otherwise, enjoy.

Edited by Desyatnik_Pansy, 28 February 2018 - 08:11 PM.

malachi6 #2 Posted 26 February 2018 - 11:25 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 48623 battles
I love that you have worked on it to make it "more realistic"  and then stuck the Logo on it.  Awesome.

Desyatnik_Pansy #3 Posted 26 February 2018 - 11:38 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 14408 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View Postmalachi6, on 26 February 2018 - 10:25 PM, said:

I love that you have worked on it to make it "more realistic"  and then stuck the Logo on it.  Awesome.

I wasn't really going for "realistic", more just like the old model. Also not entirely sure what you mean by "the Logo". I'm assuming my clan emblem, but I mean.. why wouldn't that be there? :amazed:

Balc0ra #4 Posted 26 February 2018 - 11:43 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 62806 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

WG just launched their Mod site. You can upload it there so everyone can find it... once it's reviewed

View Postmalachi6, on 26 February 2018 - 11:25 PM, said:

It's called a clan emblem. He can't remove that unless he leaves his clan.

FluffyRedFox #5 Posted 26 February 2018 - 11:44 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21564 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 26 February 2018 - 11:38 PM, said:

I wasn't really going for "realistic", more just like the old model. Also not entirely sure what you mean by "the Logo". I'm assuming my clan emblem, but I mean.. why wouldn't that be there? :amazed:

Not even putting it in a historical garage, reeeeeeee

Pansenmann #6 Posted 27 February 2018 - 12:02 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33273 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Installed it right away. muchos gracias.

Desyatnik_Pansy #7 Posted 27 February 2018 - 02:42 AM

Bartender

• Player
  • 14408 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostBalc0ra, on 26 February 2018 - 10:43 PM, said:

It's called a clan emblem. He can't remove that unless he leaves his clan.

It can be, by editing the script and setting values to 0 Or heck, even probably just removing the clan emblem line itself. Still, wouldn't do that unless there were a good reason to. Also,

WG just launched their Mod site. You can upload it there so everyone can find it... once it's reviewed

If I'm honest, I'm not really interested in uploading stuff to that site unless I have too.

Edited by Desyatnik_Pansy, 27 February 2018 - 03:24 AM.

Desyatnik_Pansy #8 Posted 28 February 2018 - 08:12 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 14408 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Added it to the WG Site and updated the link in the OP To reflect that, though nonetheless here it is again down here just for the heck of it.

https://wgmods.net/694/

Still not personally super big on the site to be honest, but eh.

bunkermad #9 Posted 01 March 2018 - 12:20 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 19414 battles

Hey Desyatnik_Pansy, thank you so much for your precious hard work.  I wanted to thank you in your previous thread but having seen this now I may as well add to it.  You were very kind to do what you did, and for making up for WG's disgraceful mess.  It's a shame you couldn't remove the silly helmets and especially the machine gun on top of the turret, but getting rid of the log and ST44, placing the tracks back on the LFP and patching up all the missing parts is a huge step forward.  Shame on WG for making this happen, and well done to you for putting it right somehow.

Now, what do I need to load this up in my client so I don't have to see the crap that WG has done?

OK sorry I see your instructions now, can you just please confirm all I have to do is place your  unzipped "vehicles" folder inside res_mods? Do I really not need any other MOD to load your skin?

Edited by bunkermad, 01 March 2018 - 12:25 AM.

Desyatnik_Pansy #10 Posted 01 March 2018 - 12:28 AM

Bartender

• Player
  • 14408 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View Postbunkermad, on 28 February 2018 - 11:20 PM, said:

Hey Desyatnik_Pansy, thank you so much for your precious hard work.  I wanted to thank you in your previous thread but having seen this now I may as well add to it.  You were very kind to do what you did, and for making up for WG's disgraceful mess.  It's a shame you couldn't remove the silly helmets and especially the machine gun on top of the turret, but getting rid of the log and ST44, placing the tracks back on the LFP and patching up all the missing parts is a huge step forward.  Shame on WG for making this happen, and well done to you for putting it right somehow.

I could have removed the helmets, but like the StG There would be some textures problem as a result and compared to the StG, they would be a bit more annoying to fix and honestly not worth the time. The AAMG Though I'm not sure I can agree on, as I personally like the appearance it gives and I believe it is pretty accurate to later Tiger models to be equipped with them due to the Allied air superiority.

View Postbunkermad, on 28 February 2018 - 11:20 PM, said:

Now, what do I need to load this up in my client so I don't have to see the crap that WG has done? 

To basically just kinda copy what I wrote on the WG Mods post. Hit the "Download" button and it should of course, download the zip and you should find it in your downloads with the filename "[0.9.22.0] Tiger I Remodel". From there, open it by double-clicking with a program such as WinRAR or 7zip (or anything else. I have WinRAR And have always used that so no experience with any other similar programs). Open the folder inside with the same name and there should just be a folder titled "vehicles". Click it, then go to "Extract" and extract the vehicles folder over to the respective patch folder under res_mods in your WoT Game files. The final path should look something like this:

World of Tanks > res_mods > 0.9.22.0.1 > vehicles > german > G04_PzVI_Tiger_I

If you have trouble locating your WoT Game files, it's likely under something like "Local Disk > Games" or wherever you chose to install WoT. If it doesn't load, the file path might be wrong somehow, so feel free to ask me if there's any problems loading it up.

Also tagged with pansy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users