Which is your most favourite tank(s) in the game?

favourite favourite tank favorite favorite tank

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

Steeltank141 #21 Posted 27 February 2018 - 11:17 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 17187 battles
  • [4STAR] 4STAR
I really like the amx30-prot. Besides this tank there are a few others:
1) Amx13-90
2) Elc EVEN 90
3) Skorpion G

I also wanna buy the udes back. It's a great tank at tier 8!

Merton15 #22 Posted 27 February 2018 - 11:19 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 13815 battles
StugIII, Luchs & Bromwell for me

Sirebellus #23 Posted 27 February 2018 - 11:27 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 18196 battles

my favourite has to be the most OP (tier for tier) tank in the game

the leFH.... :trollface:

Balc0ra #24 Posted 27 February 2018 - 11:34 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 63685 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

13 90, T71 DA, Luchs, Comwell B, Chi-Ri, T69, Obj 416 and Skoda T25 and T50. Simply because they are fantastic bully tanks.

Aikl #25 Posted 27 February 2018 - 11:44 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25163 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

ELC EVEN, M41 90 GF, T92 and E25.

They are all fun because you usually aren't forced to sit still and wait. Type 5 is fun for sort of the same reason. As problematic as that tank is, its role as an 'assault tank' is underrated. When the default tactic of Bob/Steve/Heinz/Woitek is sitting hulldown/sidescraping on either end of a corridor, it's extremely refreshing to force them to, well, think or get killed. Most choose the latter. Death by peek-a-boo.

Edited by Aikl, 27 February 2018 - 11:45 AM.

MarcoStrapone #26 Posted 27 February 2018 - 11:44 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 33503 battles
  • [-GODS] -GODS
nothing can compar to KV-2.

Jotneblod #27 Posted 27 February 2018 - 12:04 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 895 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

Lots of similarities with Aikl's list except I hate the M41 GF... ELC EVEN, T92 LT, KV-5, Type 59, AMX 50B, Type 5 Heavy(I am so going to hell for this) are all my favorites though. AMX 50 120 should also probably be mentioned as the only tier 9 I voluntarily play nowadays. Could also list a few more preferential matchmaking tanks like Panther M10, it's hard to rank them and I didn't want to include them all in the list but most of them are fun to play. Wargaming have made a good business of making all the interesting tanks premiums.

At this point there isn't a single regular tank with +2/-2 matchmaking in my garage that I regularly take out and even the premiums with +2/-2 I play are light tanks. Kind of sad.

ironcross39tr #28 Posted 27 February 2018 - 01:14 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 34424 battles
  • [CMYK] CMYK
My favorite ones are Leopard 1, M48A5, Strv103B, Bc-25t in tier 10, Bulldog, T54 lightweigt, T49 and lt100 as light tank. Those ones are always in queue to play for fun. 

discontinued #29 Posted 27 February 2018 - 01:26 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5950 battles
  • [-VOID] -VOID

View PostGardar7, on 27 February 2018 - 09:57 AM, said:

Thank you for all of your answers! I'm constantly looking for new tanks/lines, until now it seems that I find the most of the fun with medium tanks. But as a lot of you are writing about lights, then maybe I should continue on the Chinese light line, WZ-131 is collecting dust in my garage for a while now.

Now my priority is STB-1 (with Type 74 skin) as it is my favourite real-life tank. But this Japanese line was sooo long, I needed all my willpower even to get the STA-1. I'm finishing it, 20.000xp away from Type 61 (I just wish I could have Milkym4n's skin for that). 

Recently I find Emil I, Centurion, FV4202, Strv S1 really good, but my grind for the higher tier Swedish TDs goes very slow - I'm still at the horrendous tier 6.

I'm also stuck with the TVP VTU, I can force myself almost only for the daily double/triple.

And I'm at halfway for T-62A on the T-54, the "traditional" soviet medium line is a really pleasant one to play. 

For the future, I would like to play lights, but at the moment I'm interested only in the Chinese line. It would be nice to see British, Japanese or Swedish high tier lights although.

Be warned the STB-1 is a pretty unforgiving tank

its great for destroying stats and silver at a rapid pace...

this is a tank for unicums = ie its not very good...Im hating mine atm you have to work very, very hard to get the STB-1 to work, especially with these new RU OBJ tanks...

my current favorites are

TOG3, this is so bad its good...makes silver like crazy and I got 60% wins in this thing..I cant think why

T54Ltwt just good.I prefer this to the Chinese lights

T127 = Mini monster

Jackson..this is a great and underrated tank, so much better than the post nerf Hellcat

Edited by discontinued, 27 February 2018 - 01:29 PM.

Captain_Kremen0 #30 Posted 27 February 2018 - 01:53 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36542 battles

currently the T71. Historically though ye olde T50 - MT25 just wasn't the same.

Also kind of liking the VK...P. I don't particularly like Heavies or know how to play them despite the advice Ive  heard in the forums over the years. This bugger though is letting me at least live long enough in a heavy to learn something before back to garage.

saturdaymaxx #31 Posted 27 February 2018 - 01:54 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 41320 battles
  • [6MX] 6MX

View PostGardar7, on 27 February 2018 - 10:57 AM, said:

Thank you for all of your answers! I'm constantly looking for new tanks/lines, until now it seems that I find the most of the fun with medium tanks. But as a lot of you are writing about lights, then maybe I should continue on the Chinese light line, WZ-131 is collecting dust in my garage for a while now.

Now my priority is STB-1 (with Type 74 skin) as it is my favourite real-life tank. But this Japanese line was sooo long, I needed all my willpower even to get the STA-1. I'm finishing it, 20.000xp away from Type 61 (I just wish I could have Milkym4n's skin for that). 

Recently I find Emil I, Centurion, FV4202, Strv S1 really good, but my grind for the higher tier Swedish TDs goes very slow - I'm still at the horrendous tier 6.

I'm also stuck with the TVP VTU, I can force myself almost only for the daily double/triple.

And I'm at halfway for T-62A on the T-54, the "traditional" soviet medium line is a really pleasant one to play. 

For the future, I would like to play lights, but at the moment I'm interested only in the Chinese line. It would be nice to see British, Japanese or Swedish high tier lights although.

lights are my absolute favorites 

the chinese light tanks are good 

all of them. starting with 5916 

but i wouldnt recommend grinding the line

they all drive and feel and look the same 

its always the same chassis the same gun depression the same hull with a turret that can bounce some. the same vr in comparison to your tier. same ok guns, dispersions, ground resistances ....

so although the tier8 wz132 is one of the best of the chinese light tank line tier for tier 

and the tier10 is a nice goal to reach as it is clearly the best of the line and one of the best t10 light tanks overall, im bored and stuck at tier8

it really feels like an endless grind with the same tank :D

sometimes i still play the type62 to keep training my chinese light tank crew. it is very strong and a decent credit maker. 

and that is also the reason i dont like to play all chinese meds and russian meds tier9+, and the t54ltwt   (even the chinese and russian heavies kinda)

because they all have almost the same chassis and look and feel similar.

and because of the same bad gun depression you even drive into same terrain, same spots, have same battles ...

the japanese medium line is total trash until u reach tier8

so, congrats, u made it!! 

time to relax and enjoy because the sta-1 and also the premium sta2 are very decent and enjoyable tanks 

the type 62 is the best in the line tier for tier and u will love it. there is nothing bad about it, with a great gun

the stb1 is a good all around but polarizing tank bc of its huge dpm but pretty bad and trollish gun handling

i enjoy(ed) the uk mediums as well, ridgeline kings with great guns (t8+) 

but im also kinda stuck at tier9 bc it feels the same as tier8. and the difference and attraction of the tier10 vehicle is only very small

i also think they are out of meta. too cumbersome and big

and if u cant find hills with it they feel pretty stupid

all you will ever need here is the tier10

so that feels like a 2tier grind with the same tank

swedish tds have the same problem 

starting with t8 they all play the same

tier10 is the best. bounces the most. and looks the best. no need to keep any other tanks in this line

again a 2tier grind with the same tank

czech med line

tier8 tvp ... wtf is this crap?? 

"I can force myself almost only for the daily double/triple" 

exactly same here :D

i couldnt get past 50k xp

i just didnt want to play even 1 more battle and free xp'ed 110k or so. last week when high tiers were discounted 

that is the first time i did that, and im so glad 

that tier8 tvp has to be one of the worst tanks in the game

who plays this tank really? 

i almost never see it

the emil I is the most fun and best tier for tier in that swedish heavy line starting tier8. and one of the best tier8 in general

so, if u like lights and meds and tds, like me, i really want to recommend you:

the french light tank line (if you like autoloaders or want to start with)

the german and american light tank lines. but both only until tier9. the tier10s are just obsolete and not good

the russian light tank line is very variational and fun but mediocre until tier8. and the tier8 is only good if u can play with that horrible gun depression. (the tier5 t50 is fun though)

the standard american med line is simply great 

the american autoloader line with t8 and t9 as mediums is great

the german medium lines are very interesting bc they are very special. so that is when you want to try something different

the 2 french medium lines starting at tier9 and the new russian 430u line from tier9

the german paper td line is one the most interesting and variational. the 2nd td line is also fun

the british td line is very special and can be fun bc of that. but not everybody will like it. and until tier10 they are all out of meta right now imo

the german standard heavy tank line with E100 on top was one of the most interesting and fun, but unfortunately is also out of meta right now...

Edited by saturdaymaxx, 27 February 2018 - 02:50 PM.

Gardar7 #32 Posted 27 February 2018 - 02:22 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22772 battles
  • [VKG-] VKG-

View Postdiscontinued, on 27 February 2018 - 10:26 AM, said:

Be warned the STB-1 is a pretty unforgiving tank

its great for destroying stats and silver at a rapid pace...

this is a tank for unicums = ie its not very good...Im hating mine atm you have to work very, very hard to get the STB-1 to work, especially with these new RU OBJ tanks...

my current favorites are

TOG3, this is so bad its good...makes silver like crazy and I got 60% wins in this thing..I cant think why

T54Ltwt just good.I prefer this to the Chinese lights

T127 = Mini monster

Jackson..this is a great and underrated tank, so much better than the post nerf Hellcat

I know that it is a totaly outdated tank, but it is the same with all the other Japanese tanks as well (like IRL). I just would like to have it as a trophy as it is one of my favourite existing tanks. I don't care about my stats, whatever I do, in the end it is always at 50%, but it doesn't mean the end of the world if it goes down to 40%. I play only for fun and it is such a satisfaction to drive a damn good-looking tank. So I will get it...someday. :D

T-54 lightweight seems to be interesting for me too, although the way to it is not worth the effort, in my honest opinion at least. Maybe I will change my mind, but that LTG and LTTB don't look so promising. :D

SuperDuperOtter #33 Posted 27 February 2018 - 02:35 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15061 battles
  • [_7TH_] _7TH_

In no specific order

E 50 with the 8.8cm L100

BatChat 12t

Strv 103B

Panther/M10

T-44/T-44-100

I'm considering buying back the UDES 03.

Gardar7 #34 Posted 27 February 2018 - 02:39 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22772 battles
  • [VKG-] VKG-

View Postsaturdaymaxx, on 27 February 2018 - 10:54 AM, said:

lights are my absolute favorites   

the chinese light tanks are good. all of them. starting with 5916 

but i wouldnt recommend grinding the line

they all drive and feel and look the same 

its always the same chassis the same gun depression the same hull with a turret that can bounce some. the same vr in comparison to your tier. same ok guns, dispersions, ground resistances ....

so although the tier8 wz132 is one of the best of the chinese light tank line tier for tier 

and the tier10 is a nice goal to reach as it is clearly the best of the line and one of the best t10 light tanks overall, im bored and stuck at tier8

it really feels like an endless grind with the same tank :D

sometimes i still play the type62 to keep training my chinese light tank crew. it is very strong and a decent credit maker. 

and that is also the reason i dont like to play all chinese meds and russian meds tier9+, and the t54ltwt   (even the chinese and russian heavies kinda)

because they all have almost the same chassis and look and feel similar.

and because of the same bad gun depression you even drive into same terrain, same spots, have same battles ...

the japanese medium line is total trash until u reach tier8

so, congrats, u made it!! 

time to relax and enjoy because the sta-1 and also the premium sta2 are very decent and enjoyable tanks 

the type 62 is the best in the line tier for tier and u will love it. there is nothing bad about it, with a great gun

the stb1 is a good all around but polarizing tank bc of its huge dpm but pretty bad and trollish gun handling

i enjoy(ed) the uk mediums as well, ridgeline kings with great guns (t8+), but im also kinda stuck at tier9 bc it feels the same as the tier8

and i also feel they are somehow out of meta. and they are too cumbersome and big

if u cant find hills with it they feel kinda stupid

swedish tds also play all the same starting with udes. so this line for me also has the same problem and im also stuck at tier9

all u need once and for all is the tier10 bc it bounces the most. no need to keep any other tanks in this line

tier8 tvp ... wtf is this crap?? 

"I can force myself almost only for the daily double/triple" 

exactly same here :D

i couldnt get past 50k xp

i just didnt want to play even 1 more battle and free xp'ed 110k or so. last week when high tiers were discounted 

that is the first time i did that, and im so glad 

that tier8 tvp has to be one of the worst tanks in the game

and the emil I is the most fun and best tier for tier in that swedish heavy line starting tier8 and one of the best tier8 in general

so, if u like lights and meds and tds, like me, i really want to recommend you:

the french light tank line (if you like autoloaders or want to start with)

the german and american light tank lines. but both only until tier9. the tier10s are just obsolete and not good

the russian light tank line is very variational and fun but mediocre until tier8. and the tier8 is only good if u can play with that horrible gun depression. (the tier5 t50 is fun though)

the standard american med line is simply great 

the american autoloader line with t8 and t9 as mediums is great

the german medium lines are very interesting bc they are very special. so that is when you want to try something different

the 2 french medium lines starting at tier9 and the new russian 430u line from tier9

the german paper td line is one the most interesting and variational. the 2nd td line is also fun

the british td line is very special and can be fun bc of that. but not everybody will like it. and until tier10 they are all out of meta right now imo

the german standard heavy tank line with E100 on top was one of the most interesting and fun, but unfortunately is also out of meta right now...

Thank you for all the recommended lines! I almost free xp'd TVP VTU but I changed my mind, as the reward after the full grind will be more satisfying and I will value it more. :medal:  I'm at 90.000 xp at the moment, so less than the half is remaining. :great:

From the recommended lines I'm not interested at all in the 'murican tanks, I had the Pershing and the T32, these were my first tier 8s seven years ago and it is boring even to look at them. The frenchies are... I tried some of them when they came out (maybe 4- 5 years ago?) but I didn't find them worthy to play anymore.

I had the Maus, it was my first tier 10, but I sold it soon as it was boring to play with. I finished German lines at: Maus, TigerII, and Panther II. I kinda liked the Panther, maybe I will buy it back and go for the E-50M. 

Anyway, how is the Skoda T50?

Jotneblod #35 Posted 27 February 2018 - 02:40 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 895 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View PostKharlos76, on 27 February 2018 - 02:35 PM, said:

In no specific order

E 50 with the 8.8cm L100

BatChat 12t

Strv 103B

Panther/M10

T-44/T-44-100

I'm considering buying back the UDES 03.

With such a good top gun available on E50 why would you ever use the 8,8? 240 alpha at tier 9 is just a disaster no matter how high the DPM. You just get 1-for-1 out-traded by everything, including T-54s, and as result can't play aggressively at all.

Yes, you get tons of DPM but you never get anywhere near it in practice so it's just a pretty paper stat.

Edited by Jotneblod, 27 February 2018 - 02:40 PM.

Knight_Zao #36 Posted 27 February 2018 - 02:45 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 27319 battles
  • [KOOL] KOOL

Tier 1 ........errr

Tier 2 ........errr

Tier 3 ........Panzer 1c

Tier 4 ........Ke-Ho

Tier 5 ........Chaffee

Tier 6 ........Cromwell B

Tier 7 ........T29

Tier 8 ........Strv S1

Tier 9 ........was T-10 but the 430 is amazballs!!

Tier 10 ......Batchat25t or M48 Patton (probably the 430U when its unlocked)

However any of my tier 10s i find fun to play.

mirri_maz_duur #37 Posted 27 February 2018 - 02:47 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 15276 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Ummm, usually the T29, T32, T34, Rhm Borsig, Hetzer, Alecto, Wolverine, Marder 38T, and, my little M56 Scorpion, the only tank that I have a 52% WR on........:hiding:

Yes, I know I am a sad person...

Edited by Trillock1945, 27 February 2018 - 02:48 PM.

saturdaymaxx #38 Posted 27 February 2018 - 03:10 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 41320 battles
  • [6MX] 6MX

View PostGardar7, on 27 February 2018 - 02:39 PM, said:

Thank you for all the recommended lines! I almost free xp'd TVP VTU but I changed my mind, as the reward after the full grind will be more satisfying and I will value it more. :medal:  I'm at 90.000 xp at the moment, so less than the half is remaining. :great:

From the recommended lines I'm not interested at all in the 'murican tanks, I had the Pershing and the T32, these were my first tier 8s seven years ago and it is boring even to look at them. The frenchies are... I tried some of them when they came out (maybe 4- 5 years ago?) but I didn't find them worthy to play anymore.

I had the Maus, it was my first tier 10, but I sold it soon as it was boring to play with. I finished German lines at: Maus, TigerII, and Panther II. I kinda liked the Panther, maybe I will buy it back and go for the E-50M. 

Anyway, how is the Skoda T50?

...e50m and dont forget to have a look a the second german med line which ends in leo1

for me as a light tank player that was the most interesting one because it blurs the line between medium and light tanks

as if your light tank gets an extremely strong gun

in exchange for losing light tank camo on the move and also overall mobility. bc the much better gun simply weighs a lot more and requires a stronger platform

and the french non-autolader meds amx30 and amx 30B are and play very similar to the german pta and leo1. 

so maybe also revisit ur french lights. taste opinions and abilities change...

havent played the skoda T50 yet. no more free xp for top gear left atm. i dont play tanks stock

Edited by saturdaymaxx, 01 March 2018 - 11:50 AM.

NitroDeluxe #39 Posted 27 February 2018 - 03:14 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 27580 battles
The following are current faves:
  • BT7-Art
  • Marder 38t
  • T28
  • KV220
  • S35 CA
  • T50
  • Type64
  • E25
  • Cromwell
  • Rhm Borsig
  • Strv S1
  • T44-100

The following are tanks that were my faves but since map changes or tank changes I dont bother with anymore:

• Cruiser III
  • Lloyd GC
  • Matilda
  • Stug III G
  • Crusader
  • DMax
  • VK28.01

Arty isn't a class I prefer to play but the M53/55 is my fave of all I've played so far

Edited by NitroDeluxe, 27 February 2018 - 03:15 PM.

Tom_Deekanarry #40 Posted 27 February 2018 - 03:27 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5586 battles

Absolute favourite the M10 Wolverine,

Closely followed by the Crusader and the Valentine.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users