Jump to content


Roll ov The Dice

Damage rolls low high

  • Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

cyberwraithx1 #1 Posted 27 February 2018 - 12:28 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 20058 battles
  • 82
  • [-WTN-] -WTN-
  • Member since:
    11-21-2012

You have three people stood at a table, one guy rolls dice for the other two, he rolls guy A 6 6's on the trot, Guy B get 4 6's 1 3 and 1 2, so who wins? Guy A right? So when you look at WoT damage stats, it's only high or low because that's what the game allowed with the rolls... Which to my thinking is blatantly wrong and unfair, as in how can you do more damage when the damage RNG doesn't let you? So now when I look at others stats, I'm not going to be so awestruck, as frankly they were lucky, which gives the lie to this game being about skill. At least I know that in some other games, that when you shoot something, it does as it says on the tin, RNG is shown the door.

 



wiggles #2 Posted 27 February 2018 - 12:29 PM

    Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 33769 battles
  • 276
  • Member since:
    09-12-2010
What an original post.

brumbarr #3 Posted 27 February 2018 - 12:31 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 38626 battles
  • 6,325
  • Member since:
    07-30-2012
*of

Enforcer1975 #4 Posted 27 February 2018 - 12:33 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 19652 battles
  • 10,233
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-04-2014
I doubt it's because of rng that OP has bot rating.

Dr_ownape #5 Posted 27 February 2018 - 12:33 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 41468 battles
  • 5,302
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    03-27-2013

Yes


 

No


 

I'm not sure what you are looking for here. any RNG will even out over a long enough time



OreH75 #6 Posted 27 February 2018 - 12:35 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 46698 battles
  • 1,908
  • [RANGR] RANGR
  • Member since:
    05-29-2013

View Postcyberwraithx1, on 27 February 2018 - 12:28 PM, said:

, RNG is shown the door.

 

If you do less than 400 damage on average tier 6.6 then getting rid of RNG will not help



unhappy_bunny #7 Posted 27 February 2018 - 12:41 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 17686 battles
  • 2,362
  • [-OC-] -OC-
  • Member since:
    08-01-2012

View PostOreH75, on 27 February 2018 - 12:35 PM, said:

If you do less than 400 damage on average tier 6.6 then getting rid of RNG will not help

 

Unless he is right and his low dmg is caused by RNG being against him. 

unhappy_bunny #8 Posted 27 February 2018 - 12:45 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 17686 battles
  • 2,362
  • [-OC-] -OC-
  • Member since:
    08-01-2012

View Postcyberwraithx1, on 27 February 2018 - 12:28 PM, said:

You have three people stood at a table, one guy rolls dice for the other two, he rolls guy A 6 6's on the trot, Guy B get 4 6's 1 3 and 1 2, so who wins? Guy A right? So when you look at WoT damage stats, it's only high or low because that's what the game allowed with the rolls... Which to my thinking is blatantly wrong and unfair, as in how can you do more damage when the damage RNG doesn't let you? So now when I look at others stats, I'm not going to be so awestruck, as frankly they were lucky, which gives the lie to this game being about skill. At least I know that in some other games, that when you shoot something, it does as it says on the tin, RNG is shown the door.

 

 

And what if they each roll for themselves and still get the same result? It is only unfair if the player rolling for the others is able to manipulate the outcome. If he cant, and the roll is just random, there is no unfairness, only luck.

Shivva #9 Posted 27 February 2018 - 12:45 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 29382 battles
  • 1,942
  • [J_A_G] J_A_G
  • Member since:
    05-20-2012

View Postcyberwraithx1, on 27 February 2018 - 11:28 AM, said:

You have three people stood at a table, one guy rolls dice for the other two, he rolls guy A 6 6's on the trot, Guy B get 4 6's 1 3 and 1 2, so who wins? Guy A right? So when you look at WoT damage stats, it's only high or low because that's what the game allowed with the rolls... Which to my thinking is blatantly wrong and unfair, as in how can you do more damage when the damage RNG doesn't let you? So now when I look at others stats, I'm not going to be so awestruck, as frankly they were lucky, which gives the lie to this game being about skill. At least I know that in some other games, that when you shoot something, it does as it says on the tin, RNG is shown the door.

 

 

I feel dumber for having read that.....hard to believe people are stupid enugh to actually think along the lines of the OP but there it is. Seriously, we've had people blame teams for them being trash at WoT, people blame gold ammo for them being trash at tanks, and now RNG's fault that they are trash....hmm I'm noticing a theme, all the guys complaining are actually trash. You think maybe it could be their own fault?

 

edit: 2k games in your tier 10 E50M and you manage 800 dmg on average to go along with your 39%winrate, I think you need to stop blaming everything but yourself.


Edited by Shivva, 27 February 2018 - 12:52 PM.


Draz_H #10 Posted 27 February 2018 - 12:48 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 14692 battles
  • 647
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    05-30-2011

Another victim of rigged RNG.

 

F



AvengerOrion #11 Posted 27 February 2018 - 12:49 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 25328 battles
  • 1,012
  • Member since:
    12-21-2013

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 27 February 2018 - 12:41 PM, said:

 

Unless he is right and his low dmg is caused by RNG being against him. 

 

Yeah sure, bad luck in all 20k rounds.

Wargaming turned the settings on his account to FAIL.

That is so much more likely than the OP having no clue at all.

 



cyberwraithx1 #12 Posted 27 February 2018 - 12:52 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 20058 battles
  • 82
  • [-WTN-] -WTN-
  • Member since:
    11-21-2012

View PostShivva, on 27 February 2018 - 11:45 AM, said:

 

I feel dumber for having read that.....hard to believe people are stupid enugh to actually think along the lines of the OP but there it is. Seriously, we've had people blame teams for them being trash at WoT, people blame gold ammo for them being trash at tanks, and now RNG's fault that they are trash....hmm I'm noticing a theme, all the guys complaining are actually trash. You think maybe it could be their own fault?

 

No, have tried to do more damage, but again, how can I do more damage when consistently and without fail I only get low rolls? Unless you can magic some out of the ether, then I am at loss to see where I can get it.

Draz_H #13 Posted 27 February 2018 - 12:53 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 14692 battles
  • 647
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    05-30-2011

View Postcyberwraithx1, on 27 February 2018 - 11:52 AM, said:

 

No, have tried to do more damage, but again, how can I do more damage when consistently and without fail I only get low rolls? Unless you can magic some out of the ether, then I am at loss to see where I can get it.

 

Have you tried contacting support? I wrote a ticket and explained how the RNG constantly rigged low rolls. After that it was better and they apologized.

cyberwraithx1 #14 Posted 27 February 2018 - 12:54 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 20058 battles
  • 82
  • [-WTN-] -WTN-
  • Member since:
    11-21-2012

View PostAvengerOrion, on 27 February 2018 - 11:49 AM, said:

 

Yeah sure, bad luck in all 20k rounds.

Wargaming turned the settings on his account to FAIL.

That is so much more likely than the OP having no clue at all.

 

 

Right, so a shot that should get 200 for example, on average mine rolls around 150...so your point is what? Having no clue as to where to aim? what round of ammo to use? what? 

Axelfoley666 #15 Posted 27 February 2018 - 12:55 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 21792 battles
  • 391
  • [TWD] TWD
  • Member since:
    04-17-2012
Is this another post about favourite cheese flavours? If so I do like a nice Gorgonzola. 

AvengerOrion #16 Posted 27 February 2018 - 12:57 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 25328 battles
  • 1,012
  • Member since:
    12-21-2013

View Postcyberwraithx1, on 27 February 2018 - 12:54 PM, said:

 

Right, so a shot that should get 200 for example, on average mine rolls around 150...so your point is what? Having no clue as to where to aim? what round of ammo to use? what? 

 

Proof it, show us a screenshot that your 'average 200 damage shots' only do 150 damage.

Until that I call horse crap.



cyberwraithx1 #17 Posted 27 February 2018 - 12:58 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 20058 battles
  • 82
  • [-WTN-] -WTN-
  • Member since:
    11-21-2012

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 27 February 2018 - 11:45 AM, said:

 

And what if they each roll for themselves and still get the same result? It is only unfair if the player rolling for the others is able to manipulate the outcome. If he cant, and the roll is just random, there is no unfairness, only luck.

 

Only luck, in a game that others say is about skill? Well it is pointless relying on those skills when all you get as a result are low rolls. As for rolling for themselves, the game doesn't do that, it rolls for you..or so I'm led to believe. I've never had a set of dice appear and be asked to roll them myself, unless I've been missing something?

K_A #18 Posted 27 February 2018 - 12:58 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 13577 battles
  • 4,666
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    04-18-2013

View PostAxelfoley666, on 27 February 2018 - 11:55 AM, said:

Is this another post about favourite cheese flavours? If so I do like a nice Gorgonzola. 

 



rustysprite #19 Posted 27 February 2018 - 12:58 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 21761 battles
  • 2,397
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    03-18-2012

View Postcyberwraithx1, on 27 February 2018 - 11:52 AM, said:

 

No, have tried to do more damage, but again, how can I do more damage when consistently and without fail I only get low rolls? Unless you can magic some out of the ether, then I am at loss to see where I can get it.

 

I dont usually like to look at peoples stats to see how it compares to their complaint..... but yours are truly aweful

 

https://en.wot-life..../cyberwraithx1/

 

 

Not having a pop at you.

It seems you are doing something dreadfully wrong and maybe you need to reconsider your gameplay



MeetriX #20 Posted 27 February 2018 - 12:59 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 19276 battles
  • 2,548
  • Member since:
    08-12-2012

What if that other guy's dices fall from the table?

 






2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users