Remove Gold Ammunition

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic

StillCursed #1 Posted 27 February 2018 - 11:44 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 16181 battles

WG need to remove The gold ammunition or make them for gold only as it was when the game launched.

I know its really hard for WG to do this as they will lose a lot of money..... they want players to spend there credits so they can buy premium accounts and premium vehicles . This is so commented on the forums but they don't seems to care...

If they do that the game will be so enjoyable heavy tanks will finally be heavy tanks and TD's will finally have purpose with there high penetration . 80 % of the shells are gold now ... i know that's what WG wanted but is it what players wanted?

Here is some screen shoots that i have taken from few of my games today....

Attached Files

• Attached File   shot_046.jpg   1.6MB
  • Attached File   shot_044.jpg   1.62MB

divsmo #2 Posted 27 February 2018 - 11:48 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 32619 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF
Count yourself lucky the deathstar didn't one shot you :P

Edited by divsmo, 27 February 2018 - 11:48 PM.

yun9 #3 Posted 27 February 2018 - 11:57 PM

Warrant Officer

• WGL PRO Player
  • 5190 battles
  • [CHAI] CHAI
I forgot what number this is is on? @The Dingers

ares354 #4 Posted 28 February 2018 - 01:35 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 73803 battles

View PostStillCursed, on 27 February 2018 - 11:44 PM, said:

WG need to remove The gold ammunition or make them for gold only as it was when the game launched.

I know its really hard for WG to do this as they will lose a lot of money..... they want players to spend there credits so they can buy premium accounts and premium vehicles . This is so commented on the forums but they don't seems to care...

If they do that the game will be so enjoyable heavy tanks will finally be heavy tanks and TD's will finally have purpose with there high penetration . 80 % of the shells are gold now ... i know that's what WG wanted but is it what players wanted?

I see pros in 113 and AMX 50b. 

Mauschen lower plate is  easy pen for all tier 10 guns, no gold is needed. But true pros use GOLD ammo to negate RNG, remember that. They say this often. 

Edited by ares354, 28 February 2018 - 03:50 AM.

TheComfyChair #5 Posted 28 February 2018 - 01:50 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 7612 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
:popcorn:

Balc0ra #6 Posted 28 February 2018 - 01:51 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66286 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

You own a T32 with sub 200 pen. And a VK 100.01 with 220 weak spot armor. So you know how they both are. Would you play your T32 more if gold was removed considering the armor the VK and other new additions have? And there you have it. Without re-balancing normal ammo vs armor with the new super heavy meta,  or adjust stock grinds like they have done with the new French HT's. Removing it won't fix anything. It will just fix one issue, and add several more issues instead.

I suspect you always use normal ammo when you face super heavies you can't pen to right?

As for your screens? IS-M has bad pen for a tier 8 HT. So it's a gold spamming machine for most. The 2nd one could pen you with normal ammo even depending on where they hit. Not that you would have lived longer if you bounced by the looks of it.

Edited by Balc0ra, 28 February 2018 - 01:57 AM.

Warzey #7 Posted 28 February 2018 - 02:16 AM

Warrant Officer

• WGL PRO Player
  • 57073 battles

View PostStillCursed, on 27 February 2018 - 10:44 PM, said:

Right, it's so simple, make game actually pay to win or just rebalance armor on all tanks in the game. Did you actually think this through before you opened the topic? 

Also you're implying that heavy tanks are not good enough even though most of the maps and meta in general are all geared towards heavy tanks. You're also driving a super heavy which basically has a sign above its turret "please shoot me with premium because standard can't do crapto me" and then you come here complaining that lower tier tanks are using premium on you. Did you expect them to roll over and die? 

I'm sure you'd love for WG to remove premium ammo or make it inaccessible so you can take out your super heavy and just stomp on people but that is not going to happen. 

ares354 #8 Posted 28 February 2018 - 03:54 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 73803 battles

View PostWarzey, on 28 February 2018 - 02:16 AM, said:

Right, it's so simple, make game actually pay to win or just rebalance armor on all tanks in the game. Did you actually think this through before you opened the topic? 

Also you're implying that heavy tanks are not good enough even though most of the maps and meta in general are all geared towards heavy tanks. You're also driving a super heavy which basically has a sign above its turret "please shoot me with premium because standard can't do crapto me" and then you come here complaining that lower tier tanks are using premium on you. Did you expect them to roll over and die? 

I'm sure you'd love for WG to remove premium ammo or make it inaccessible so you can take out your super heavy and just stomp on people but that is not going to happen. 

It's all about middle ground. SQ vs E100. E100 have better armor but worse gun. SQ press 2 key and eliminate armor advanatage of E100 on turret. E100 can press 2, still have to aim on two small weakspot on SQ turret. This is not balance. 

Type 5 is not balanced at all, coz of derp gun. Some gold ammo take all of his armor, some gold ammo cant pen him, he just press 2 and use gold derp ammo and do dmg. 

WG can't find middle ground, or they don't want to do that. 

lord_chipmonk #9 Posted 28 February 2018 - 08:04 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33952 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-

View Postares354, on 28 February 2018 - 03:54 AM, said:

WG can't find middle ground, or they don't want to do that. 

One of the more sensible posts I've seen on this forum lately. 

Homer_J #10 Posted 28 February 2018 - 08:17 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28771 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

make them for gold only 

Make wallet warriors great again!:izmena::honoring::coin:

[edit] I notice OP has chosen screenshots which hide his own ammo loadout. Hmmm....

Edited by Homer_J, 28 February 2018 - 08:18 AM.

StillCursed #11 Posted 28 February 2018 - 09:32 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 16181 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 28 February 2018 - 08:17 AM, said:

Make wallet warriors great again!:izmena::honoring::coin:

[edit] I notice OP has chosen screenshots which hide his own ammo loadout. Hmmm....

Not true no one used gold ammunition back in the days coz nobody is going to shoot with actual gold... its madness its like shooting with your actual money...

I don't use gold ammunition 99% of the time and I'm still fine i know the week spots and just shoot them... other players now days are just the opposite they don't care/know the week spots they just shoot gold all the time how they make it i don't know because if you want progress you need credits.

Btw saying that Moushen is OP and its gold target its silly how do i deal with targets like that if i don't shoot gold then ?

The truth is there must be a strong heavys there are a few with a strong armor but they have week spots.

P.S. WG will never remove the gold ammunition anyway this post its irrelevant as the game became money machine but it wasn't use to be like that .

_EXODUZ_ #12 Posted 28 February 2018 - 09:40 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34979 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostStillCursed, on 28 February 2018 - 09:32 AM, said:

P.S. WG will never remove the gold ammunition anyway this post its irrelevant as the game became money machine but it wasn't use to be like that .

They are actually removing gold prices in 1.0. It will be available for credits only cause they want to change the way it works.

Joggaman #13 Posted 28 February 2018 - 09:43 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 23983 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Not true no one used gold ammunition back in the days coz nobody is going to shoot with actual gold... its madness its like shooting with your actual money...

:harp:

Noo_Noo #14 Posted 28 February 2018 - 10:01 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 21651 battles

I don't use gold ammunition 99% of the time and I'm still fine i know the week spots and just shoot them... other players now days are just the opposite they don't care/know the week spots they just shoot gold all the time how they make it i don't know because if you want progress you need credits.

Btw saying that Moushen is OP and its gold target its silly how do i deal with targets like that if i don't shoot gold then ?

The truth is there must be a strong heavys there are a few with a strong armor but they have week spots.

And what has happened to tank armour since then?

Regarding the OP I dont see a problem. 

AMX 50B had a HEAT clip loaded. So what? 
Deathstar had premium loaded for LOLs

However look at the position of this guy on the mini map in his Mauschen. All alone surrounded by enemies. Yet its the game's fault. OK then

Homer_J #15 Posted 28 February 2018 - 10:04 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28771 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostStillCursed, on 28 February 2018 - 08:32 AM, said:

Not true no one used gold ammunition back in the days coz nobody is going to shoot with actual gold... 

Errmmm I did.

I would stockpile it when it was half price.  Which made it free ammo when I used it.

Bora_BOOM #16 Posted 28 February 2018 - 10:54 AM

Major

• Player
  • 22676 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

View Postyun9, on 27 February 2018 - 10:57 PM, said:

I forgot what number this is is on? @The Dingers

There is really a misconception on this subject, but luckily you have me here.

People tend to think that the Dingers have premium ammo on "1". Why? Because that is easier - but only easier for them! They have learned the automatic dishwashers, touchscreens, voice commands, automatic gearshift cars, face recognition, credit cards and all the cr@p teaching human to become a bot.

Nope, dude. Real Dingers are hard-core wired, manual labor old school!

When I want to Ding, I reach for that "2" key.

To feel the shape of that embossed letter on the key.

To tap it twice for the ultimate ecstasy.

Its a shrine!

A Holly trinity!

SKILL, TROLL and LOL.

ILoveGold.jpg

arthurwellsley #17 Posted 28 February 2018 - 11:04 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 51767 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

A. WG recently announced that they are about to alter premium ammunition - OP do you even read what the devs actually say?

B. Read the whole of this thread and then come back and amend your original post = http://forum.worldof...-5k-gold-prize/

Xaneleon #18 Posted 28 February 2018 - 11:47 AM

Second Lieutenant

• WGL PRO Player
  • 22554 battles

I'm not concerned about the premium ammo issue, I'm thinking about his position of death.

How did you come up with a plan that involved going to that specific building? It's basically a worse position than K7 in every single way.

Sometimes it's not the premium ammo that is getting shot at you, it's the fact that your position sucks and you need to get better at making these positional decisions. Thus, not getting shot less or even better not at all.

ApocalypseSquad #19 Posted 28 February 2018 - 11:51 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 26484 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 28 February 2018 - 01:51 AM, said:

<snip> Without re-balancing normal ammo vs armor with the new super heavy meta,  or adjust stock grinds like they have done with the new French HT's. Removing it won't fix anything. It will just fix one issue, and add several more issues instead.

With all due respect, I think it would be possible to remove premium ammo without touching armour or normal ammo.  What they would have to do instead is completely change all map designs. Corridors would have to go.  Completely.  The standard argument of the super heavy drivers is that they are balanced because other classes can counter by flanking.   Well, let's make that possible.

Of course it would then be mere nanoseconds before all the superheavy drives were back on the forums bitching about how unfair the map designs were to them....

Asklepi0s #20 Posted 28 February 2018 - 11:53 AM

• 6824 battles
This thread has been closed by the moderation team due to not being constructive.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users