Sugestion for the arty problem: Remove arty-missions

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

pecopad #1 Posted 28 February 2018 - 01:06 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24069 battles
  • [UGN] UGN

Taking into consideration that most of us only play arty to do the missions, why not just remove the arty missions from the game...

My peeve isn't with arty players, my problem is that on the current state of the game, I find no joy in playing arty... so

My suggestion is to make life easier to all of us, keep arty for the ones who like to play it (which I think is a minority) and remove the missions. I'm sure the number of spg's in the game will decrease and make all of us happier...

If the problem is that we will no longer free exp on arty to be able to fulfill the missions, then make it some kind of premium feature...

Edited by pecopad, 28 February 2018 - 01:07 PM.

PervyPastryPuffer #2 Posted 28 February 2018 - 01:21 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 31206 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

Well I've completed all 60 arty missions and 59 of those with honors. :trollface: I collected the free garage slots, consumables, premium time... CREDITS...

Go ahead, hate me.

Sirebellus #3 Posted 28 February 2018 - 01:23 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19560 battles
I can't stand playing light tanks (above tier 4) - can we please remove LT missions

Koriin #4 Posted 28 February 2018 - 01:25 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 13906 battles

Well, you have a point. The only reason I play arty is to finish the missions.

As I am getting closer to the end of my t55a missions, soon I start playing arty again.

jack_timber #5 Posted 28 February 2018 - 01:29 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 34018 battles

No leave as it is.

With the number of arty haters who populate this forum forcing them to play arty for the missions is great:)

I can just imagine them hunched over their keyboard, teeth gritted, tears streaming down their cheeks....

pecopad #6 Posted 28 February 2018 - 01:29 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24069 battles
  • [UGN] UGN

Even if you enjoy playing arty just consider that WG is thinking on taking Arty out of the game due to so many players hating playing games with arties...

Now we can have no arty in WG (which I think it would be a shame because to me SPG's have their role in the game), or mitigate the problem by having games naturally with less arty players.

I imagine a good amount of players wouldn't even touch arty if they didn't have to play the missions... maybe I'm wrong and people [edited]about arty,but secretly they enjoy playing them...

Homer_J #7 Posted 28 February 2018 - 01:32 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29215 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I started playing arty again for the missions but now I just play it to harvest salty tears. :arta:

Edited by Homer_J, 28 February 2018 - 01:33 PM.

Hamsterkicker #8 Posted 28 February 2018 - 01:39 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34535 battles
  • [TEAMB] TEAMB

I totally agree. 

As I got stuck on the MT15 mission for the T55-A (the secondary requirement)  I rebought several arties just to complete that mission set. It was hilariously easy to do so.  After they introduced the token system I just kept them for the object 260 SPG missions. Finished 7 of them already.  8 to go.

jadgboom #9 Posted 28 February 2018 - 01:46 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4913 battles
I have a better one  find out the accounts of all the arty yappers on here and ban the f***ing lot of them on the game

MattieW #10 Posted 28 February 2018 - 02:26 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 13829 battles
  • [SA_HB] SA_HB

How about posting this in the arty thread?

And if you don’t like the missions then use a token.

PhooBar #11 Posted 28 February 2018 - 02:28 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 18840 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

What arty problem?

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/663697-dev-qa-230218-wot-dir-anton-pankov-creative-dir-andrey-beletsky/

• The Super Conq is being investigated.
  • There’s a bot under development, which will play like a 48% WR potato to test tanks.
  • The premium ammo/consumable changes will be introduced after 1.0
  • After 1.0, small maps like Ensk and Karelia will be rebuilt.
  • Each new exception in the matchmaker puts a lot of stress on it
  • There are no problems with arty now
  • We’ll ponder upon penalizing arty players who drown themselves
  • No Type 5 Heavy changes planned
  • There will be a new referral program
  • Historical battles only in PvE
  • First few battles in stock tanks will be at the top tier
  • There will be a review of all special and personal mission tanks
  • Personal missions are for now planned for three seasons, and you’ll be able to do them simultaneously
  • T-22 medium is a closed chapter
  • Ranked for other tiers are debated upon

PowJay #12 Posted 28 February 2018 - 02:34 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 35658 battles

One thing that I can say is that the requirements for SPG missions are reasonably easy.

To start at the top. After 8.6. I largely gave up on arty, and sold my keepers apart from the tier II T57, which has been replaced. I played some lines, but generally did not like playing SPGs any longer.

Then the PMs came along. I had just finished the T-55a missions before the stun mechanic was introduced. I have recently acquired the T-55a, and so I have moved onto the Object missions.

The SPG missions are proving to be relatively easy. For some, I have found that the 23 second reload of the stock gun on the FV207 is ideal to just keep banging away to "stun 6 vehicles" "Stun for so many seconds" missions, but as for SPG-6 that I am on now. Stun vehicles 6 times so that allies can damage them. FFS!!! If only my allies would actually bloody hit something I have stunned. Five stuns in one battle and zero assist. I've just done 6 stuns for an impressive 294HP assist.

As noted elsewhere, between my allies spotting enemy tanks for me to hit and actually bothering to do something when I do hit them, SPGs are more dependent on teams for a win than ever before. As soon as I (hopefully) finish these PMs, I'll be a non-SPG player once more- Guaranteed!

Jigabachi #13 Posted 28 February 2018 - 02:39 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17946 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
What about fixing the ACTUAL problem instead and continuing to balance it?

No idea how you guys get those ideas that don't touch the actual issues at all.

Sirebellus #14 Posted 28 February 2018 - 03:14 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19560 battles

View Postpecopad, on 28 February 2018 - 01:29 PM, said:

Even if you enjoy playing arty just consider that WG is thinking on taking Arty out of the game due to so many players hating playing games with arties...

this is great news ! - no hang on, it's fake news... WG are not thinking of taking Arty out of the game

Edited by Sirebellus, 28 February 2018 - 03:14 PM.

Somnorila #15 Posted 28 February 2018 - 03:14 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 55889 battles
  • [4-YOU] 4-YOU
What problem? 

unhappy_bunny #16 Posted 28 February 2018 - 03:22 PM

Major

• Player
  • 18411 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

View Postpecopad, on 28 February 2018 - 01:06 PM, said:

1. Taking into consideration that most of us only play arty to do the missions, why not just remove the arty missions from the game...

2. My peeve isn't with arty players, my problem is that on the current state of the game, I find no joy in playing arty... so

3. My suggestion is to make life easier to all of us, keep arty for the ones who like to play it (which I think is a minority) and remove the missions. I'm sure the number of spg's in the game will decrease and make all of us happier...

4. If the problem is that we will no longer free exp on arty to be able to fulfill the missions, then make it some kind of premium feature...

1. Have you evidence of this? If not then express it as your opinion not as if it is a proven fact.

2. If you dont enjoy playing arty, then dont play it. I believe you can buy tokens to skip the arty missions.

3. Who wants life easy? Easy life is boring. Life needs to made up of challenges.

4. See point 2. Buy tokens. 

pecopad #17 Posted 28 February 2018 - 03:37 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24069 battles
  • [UGN] UGN

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 28 February 2018 - 03:22 PM, said:

1. Have you evidence of this? If not then express it as your opinion not as if it is a proven fact.

2. If you dont enjoy playing arty, then dont play it. I believe you can buy tokens to skip the arty missions.

3. Who wants life easy? Easy life is boring. Life needs to made up of challenges.

4. See point 2. Buy tokens. 

1- you should always take what you read on forums has opinions, don't ever go to forums to look for facts....

2 - Can you buy tokens for missions? Now I'm surprised... 

4- Where can I buy the tokens?

pecopad #18 Posted 28 February 2018 - 03:44 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24069 battles
  • [UGN] UGN

View PostPowJay, on 28 February 2018 - 02:34 PM, said:

One thing that I can say is that the requirements for SPG missions are reasonably easy.

To start at the top. After 8.6. I largely gave up on arty, and sold my keepers apart from the tier II T57, which has been replaced. I played some lines, but generally did not like playing SPGs any longer.

Then the PMs came along. I had just finished the T-55a missions before the stun mechanic was introduced. I have recently acquired the T-55a, and so I have moved onto the Object missions.

The SPG missions are proving to be relatively easy. For some, I have found that the 23 second reload of the stock gun on the FV207 is ideal to just keep banging away to "stun 6 vehicles" "Stun for so many seconds" missions, but as for SPG-6 that I am on now. Stun vehicles 6 times so that allies can damage them. FFS!!! If only my allies would actually bloody hit something I have stunned. Five stuns in one battle and zero assist. I've just done 6 stuns for an impressive 294HP assist.

As noted elsewhere, between my allies spotting enemy tanks for me to hit and actually bothering to do something when I do hit them, SPGs are more dependent on teams for a win than ever before. As soon as I (hopefully) finish these PMs, I'll be a non-SPG player once more- Guaranteed!

Easy... try to stun for 150 secs and kill 3 tanks with a french arty...

SPG 15 is crazy hard now... Top Xp with a high tier Arty (because of the damage its required)  its very hard. I'm grinding another line just to be able to do it...

Don't believe me: 

http://www.vbaddict....erience&server=

jabster #19 Posted 28 February 2018 - 03:47 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12566 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View Postpecopad, on 28 February 2018 - 12:06 PM, said:

Taking into consideration that most of us only play arty to do the missions, why not just remove the arty missions from the game...

My peeve isn't with arty players, my problem is that on the current state of the game, I find no joy in playing arty... so

My suggestion is to make life easier to all of us, keep arty for the ones who like to play it (which I think is a minority) and remove the missions. I'm sure the number of spg's in the game will decrease and make all of us happier...

If the problem is that we will no longer free exp on arty to be able to fulfill the missions, then make it some kind of premium feature...

This is my opinion and so it must be the opinion of everyone else. An excellent thread I must say.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #20 Posted 28 February 2018 - 03:48 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29918 battles

View PostSomnorila, on 28 February 2018 - 03:14 PM, said:

What problem? 

The one that requires them to learn something more complex than where their 'W' key is.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users