type 5 heavy ranked

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

warriornl #1 Posted 28 February 2018 - 04:26 PM

Private

• Player
  • 17663 battles
  • [W_A] W_A

As a player using tanks like the IS-4, IS-7, Jgpz E100 and Obj 168-4 in ranked battles.... i've found that i would be better off grinding the japanese heavy line to the type 5 then playing that non stop , instead of trying to play games without it.

Every single battle is dominated by these busted tanks, no need to aim, just spam the premium shells and gg. It makes no sense that a tank that is already so insanely difficult to pen with normal ammo, also gets a gun that requires no active braincells to dominate matches. They hide at a wall with 4 of em, spam gold shells and take out IS-4 without even aiming... Armor doessnt matter anymore these days.

How can that be what Wargaming wants? Do they want everyone to just play type 5 heavies? Since that is the way the game is turning right now.

And for the love of god, remove Ensk above tier 5....

Edited by warriornl, 28 February 2018 - 04:28 PM.

lord_chipmonk #2 Posted 28 February 2018 - 04:34 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 34409 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-

View Postwarriornl, on 28 February 2018 - 04:26 PM, said:

How can that be what Wargaming wants? Do they want everyone to just play type 5 heavies? Since that is the way the game is turning right now.

Of course not! Why would WG want everyone to roll around in heavily armoured tanks firing gold at each other? It's almost as if that would make them more money or something. 

Edited by lord_chipmonk, 28 February 2018 - 04:34 PM.

Simeon85 #3 Posted 28 February 2018 - 04:37 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 1097 battles

Ranked just highlights the multiple problems with the tier 10 meta, Type 5s being one of them, plus the terrible maps, many of which are just too small for 15 v 15 tier 10 tanks, often including multiple super heavies that just clog the limited corridors. 

From others I have heard it doesn't do as well at the higher ranks. 

warriornl #4 Posted 28 February 2018 - 04:39 PM

Private

• Player
  • 17663 battles
  • [W_A] W_A

View PostSimeon85, on 28 February 2018 - 03:37 PM, said:

From others I have heard it doesn't do as well at the higher ranks. 

Im currently at rank 10, every single game 3 or more type 5 each team...

The_Georgian_One #5 Posted 28 February 2018 - 04:43 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37893 battles
  • [KOFN] KOFN
I'd be happy if they banned Types from ranked. I'm on rank 11 and very consistently Type players are the worst players on both teams stats-wise.

They often camp at the back, either cause it's their 'strategy' or because they are too slow to get to any meaningful position.

As a result they often die last (amor helps too), which means more XP and a higher chance of keeping chevron. Easy chevron farming.

If Types were banned we would see higher variety of heavies. Ever wondered why we don't have sidescraping heavies in ranked? Try to sidescrape against Type 5.

warriornl #6 Posted 28 February 2018 - 05:12 PM

Private

• Player
  • 17663 battles
  • [W_A] W_A

View PostThe_Georgian_One, on 28 February 2018 - 03:43 PM, said:

I'd be happy if they banned Types from ranked. I'm on rank 11 and very consistently Type players are the worst players on both teams stats-wise.

They often camp at the back, either cause it's their 'strategy' or because they are too slow to get to any meaningful position.

As a result they often die last (amor helps too), which means more XP and a higher chance of keeping chevron. Easy chevron farming.

If Types were banned we would see higher variety of heavies. Ever wondered why we don't have sidescraping heavies in ranked? Try to sidescrape against Type 5.

Exactly my point, sidescrape wont work, they are rewarded for being idiots by camping.......

HugSeal #7 Posted 28 February 2018 - 05:22 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 22717 battles
  • [SWEC] SWEC

View Postwarriornl, on 28 February 2018 - 04:26 PM, said:

As a player using Obj 168-4 in ranked battles...

Every single battle is dominated by these busted tank that is already so insanely difficult to pen with normal ammo, requires no active braincells to dominate matches. They hide at a wall with 4 of em, spam gold shells and take out

How can that be what Wargaming wants? 

Fixed it for ya.

Whining about one broken tank while driving another broken tank just makes you a giant hypocrite

Edited by HugSeal, 28 February 2018 - 05:24 PM.

warriornl #8 Posted 28 February 2018 - 05:32 PM

Private

• Player
  • 17663 battles
  • [W_A] W_A

View PostHugSeal, on 28 February 2018 - 04:22 PM, said:

Fixed it for ya

As, appearently, you seem to be a bit slow on the uptake, let me explain.

A type 5 heavy typically waits a a corner, hides and shoots at any specific hittable part of a tank, still doing about 600 dmg.

This, combined with the insane HP pool and current exp system in place in ranked games, results in type 5 players being rewarded in a way that is not desired in a game that is ment to promote diversity in tank usage. This mechanic makes it possible for type 5 players to hide in the back lines, farm free dmg (no need to aim) and get their chevrons.

Compared to the obj 268-4, a tank that actually requires a pen to do dmg (unlike the type 5), it cant sidescrape (type 5 HE will smash it), cant push forward (Type 5 HE will smash it), cant snipe (accuracy is so bad you'd hit moskou when aiming at berlin), and the flanks are paper. Due to these differences, the obj cant hide in the back for free dmg, you just wont hit any weakspots.

As you seem to be another player that decides to ignore the 250mm weakspot on top of the obj, aswell as its lack of abilities to deal with flanking manouvers, i can only conclude that ranting about a tank with obvious flaws is a way to make yourself feel more important. I agree with the seemingly OP frontal armor on the obj, wont deny that it can be insanely hard to pen it.

Yet the case here is the insane derp guns on the Japanese heavy, not the obj. If you feel like you have to be another person joining the " this tank is OP" hype, do so in a topic made for that specific tank. 

The_Georgian_One #9 Posted 28 February 2018 - 05:34 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37893 battles
  • [KOFN] KOFN

View PostHugSeal, on 28 February 2018 - 05:22 PM, said:

Fixed it for ya.

Whining about one broken tank while driving another broken tank just makes you a giant hypocrite

True, but he still has a valid point. I'd also argue it's more difficult to play V4 than Type in ranked.

Noo_Noo #10 Posted 28 February 2018 - 05:34 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 21939 battles
Perhaps it should be renamed Broken Tank Wa**ed Battles?

warriornl #11 Posted 28 February 2018 - 05:42 PM

Private

• Player
  • 17663 battles
  • [W_A] W_A

View PostHugSeal, on 28 February 2018 - 04:22 PM, said:

Fixed it for ya.

For someone talking crap, you seem to provide very little contrasting evidence about my claims in the difference in tanks.

Are you going to produce any intelligent remarks at all? or is this all we get to expect?

Dava_117 #12 Posted 28 February 2018 - 05:43 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 20204 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postwarriornl, on 28 February 2018 - 05:32 PM, said:

As you seem to be another player that decides to ignore the 250mm weakspot on top of the obj, aswell as its lack of abilities to deal with flanking manouvers, i can only conclude that ranting about a tank with obvious flaws is a way to make yourself feel more important. I agree with the seemingly OP frontal armor on the obj, wont deny that it can be insanely hard to pen it.

That would be a "weackspot" just if it was flat. But it's round so, even if you have a gun that reliably can roll over 250 (very few on HTs), you still have to hit it dead center to pen. It should be 120mm to be a real weackspot because as it is now, is just WG trolling the players.

Spurtung #13 Posted 28 February 2018 - 05:45 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 65878 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View Postwarriornl, on 28 February 2018 - 05:26 PM, said:

As a player using tanks like the IS-4, IS-7, Jgpz E100 and Obj 168-4 in ranked battles.... i've found that i would be better off grinding the japanese heavy line to the type 5 then playing that non stop , instead of trying to play games without it.

Every single battle is dominated by these busted tanks, no need to aim, just spam the premium shells and gg. It makes no sense that a tank that is already so insanely difficult to pen with normal ammo, also gets a gun that requires no active braincells to dominate matches. They hide at a wall with 4 of em, spam gold shells and take out IS-4 without even aiming... Armor doessnt matter anymore these days.

You could always equip a spall liner.

Or play the Type 5 yourself.

But I guess whining will have to do.

Gremlin182 #14 Posted 28 February 2018 - 05:48 PM

General

• Player
  • 49548 battles

I must be doing something wrong though that wouldn't be the first time played the type 4 not bad not fantastic I mean its only real option is the derp gun.

Got the type 5 and yep same option

I can use the 14cm gun with I think 249 pen 600 damage but the rate of fire doesn't improve much and the accuracy is abysmal so they are really pushing players to the derp gun.

So 1100 damage great and if I fire gold another 300 damage so a possible 1400 damage fantastic if it were not for the 75 penetration.

Even the KV2 down at tier 6 gets 86 pen

So yes most tanks even tier 10 heavy tanks need to use premium rounds to penetrate the front of the type 5 so use premium that's why its there.

I will not be bothering to fire premium back at you at least not with the 15cm gun given your frontal armour I may track you I may even do an arty and knock out modules and or crew it will still take me way more shots to kill your tank that it will take you to kill mine.

Your tanks can consistently do full damage to me with premium from the front my shots are extremely unlikely to do anywhere near full damage.

Tell you what its a very boring tank to play so until they make some changes I doubt I will do more than just play the occasional game.

warriornl #15 Posted 28 February 2018 - 05:53 PM

Private

• Player
  • 17663 battles
  • [W_A] W_A

And still people ignore the problem completely...

View PostSpurtung, on 28 February 2018 - 04:45 PM, said:

You could always equip a spall liner.

Or play the Type 5 yourself.

But I guess whining will have to do.

Another great comment by an obviously very intelligent person.

Read my post above (comparing the obj and type)

View PostGremlin182, on 28 February 2018 - 04:48 PM, said:

I must be doing something wrong though that wouldn't be the first time played the type 4 not bad not fantastic I mean its only real option is the derp gun.

Got the type 5 and yep same option

I can use the 14cm gun with I think 249 pen 600 damage but the rate of fire doesn't improve much and the accuracy is abysmal so they are really pushing players to the derp gun.

So 1100 damage great and if I fire gold another 300 damage so a possible 1400 damage fantastic if it were not for the 75 penetration.

Even the KV2 down at tier 6 gets 86 pen

So yes most tanks even tier 10 heavy tanks need to use premium rounds to penetrate the front of the type 5 so use premium that's why its there.

I will not be bothering to fire premium back at you at least not with the 15cm gun given your frontal armour I may track you I may even do an arty and knock out modules and or crew it will still take me way more shots to kill your tank that it will take you to kill mine.

Your tanks can consistently do full damage to me with premium from the front my shots are extremely unlikely to do anywhere near full damage.

Tell you what its a very boring tank to play so until they make some changes I doubt I will do more than just play the occasional game.

Im not saying the players are the problem, the tank itself is.

The armor layout, fine, no problems with it. The fact that it does not need to aim to do 600 dmg reliably, whilst camping and doing nothing else..... <-- that is the problem.

warriornl #16 Posted 28 February 2018 - 06:01 PM

Private

• Player
  • 17663 battles
  • [W_A] W_A

View PostDava_117, on 28 February 2018 - 04:43 PM, said:

That would be a "weackspot" just if it was flat. But it's round so, even if you have a gun that reliably can roll over 250 (very few on HTs), you still have to hit it dead center to pen. It should be 120mm to be a real weackspot because as it is now, is just WG trolling the players.

https://tanks.gg/tank/obj-268-4/model

Dava_117 #17 Posted 28 February 2018 - 06:10 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 20204 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postwarriornl, on 28 February 2018 - 06:01 PM, said:

There is actually a flat small flat plate, but you can see that, with 258 pen gun and from a position that show just it, it' at most 55%. Frequently down to 53-50 using the gun depression. Not really reliable, considering that the avarage pen is in the order of 250mm...

IncandescentGerbil #18 Posted 28 February 2018 - 06:37 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35775 battles
In the interest of balance (ha!), I should point out the Type 5 is edited boring to play.
I played a lot of Random games in it before (the understandable) insta-gold counter became entrenched, and it clearly worked well for me. But still, it's so fat, and slow, and expensive, and annoying. Durping Grilles is fun, but that's about as far as it goes.

lifelessgamer #19 Posted 28 February 2018 - 06:51 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 5462 battles

View Postwarriornl, on 28 February 2018 - 09:26 AM, said:

http://forum.worldof..._ranked#topmost

Grass is always greener as the saying goes.

LordMuffin #20 Posted 28 February 2018 - 07:06 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 48529 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
Just so you know, WG recently claimed Type 5 isn't a problem, and no changes to it is planned.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users