How i can download mods?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Th3_Whit3D34th_2018 #1 Posted 28 February 2018 - 05:14 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4859 battles
  • [UB_RO] UB_RO
how i can download mods in world of tanks?

jack_timber #2 Posted 28 February 2018 - 05:20 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31194 battles

https://wgmods.net

"Official" mod spot, download, run exe, pick the ones you want, load up wot, enjoy.

Edited by jack_timber, 28 February 2018 - 05:25 PM.

vasilinhorulezz #3 Posted 28 February 2018 - 05:42 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21220 battles
He probably means warpack :trollface:

_b_ #4 Posted 28 February 2018 - 07:28 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 54009 battles

Don't... Wot is very much better without imho.

evilchaosmonkey #5 Posted 28 February 2018 - 07:32 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16539 battles
  • [EIGHT] EIGHT
Ask VSUK he knows.

Isharial #6 Posted 28 February 2018 - 07:46 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 18348 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postevilchaosmonkey, on 28 February 2018 - 07:32 PM, said:

Ask VSUK he knows.

:trollface::trollface: 

:popcorn:

View PostTh3_Whit3D34th_2018, on 28 February 2018 - 05:14 PM, said:

on topic

why do you want them? there aren't any that will automatically make you a good player

you need to go and learn map mechanics, tanks and how to play in general... there aren't any mods that will make you play well

250swb #7 Posted 28 February 2018 - 10:10 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 20795 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostTh3_Whit3D34th_2018, on 28 February 2018 - 04:14 PM, said:

They don't improve your performance at all, they just swamp you with things to make you 'think' you have the same tools as a good player, but all the while masking the core need to 'get good'. I suppose you could look on the bright side, you'll have even more things to say to your team, such as 'Help' at the start of a battle as you allow XVM stats to manipulate your mind.

hasnainrakha57 #8 Posted 28 February 2018 - 10:15 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12624 battles
  • [WFTTE] WFTTE
Careful i once downloaded legal mod tundra + i got trojon in my pc get 1 other for free just like that and then..

Desyatnik_Pansy #9 Posted 28 February 2018 - 10:22 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 14408 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostIsharial, on 28 February 2018 - 06:46 PM, said:

why do you want them? there aren't any that will automatically make you a good player

you need to go and learn map mechanics, tanks and how to play in general... there aren't any mods that will make you play well

View Post250swb, on 28 February 2018 - 09:10 PM, said:

They don't improve your performance at all, they just swamp you with things to make you 'think' you have the same tools as a good player, but all the while masking the core need to 'get good'. I suppose you could look on the bright side, you'll have even more things to say to your team, such as 'Help' at the start of a battle as you allow XVM stats to manipulate your mind.

I guess I'm going to be that guy but why the automatic assumption that he wants those kinds of mods. To be fair, I didn't check OP's stats or anything or his other posts (of which there are only 2) so I'm not sure if he's given that away already but for all I know, he just wants something like a new reticle such as Jimbo's, or a skin mod or whatever. :mellow:

SirTogII #10 Posted 01 March 2018 - 03:58 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 46417 battles
  • [REQT] REQT

You go here: http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/forum/2686-mods/

I’d recommend a mod pack like for example Webiums if you don’t want to copy bits yourself. 

Really depends what you want it for. Personally I want xvm to get an idea about how the match is going to pan out, server crosshair, 3-row garage and session stats. 

TheComfyChair #11 Posted 01 March 2018 - 04:39 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6106 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Sod mods, just have a few beers. Or alternatively if you don't drink/like/too young for beer then...... all out of ideas :hiding:

JocMeister #12 Posted 01 March 2018 - 07:05 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20592 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

I don´t really know why some people keep bashing mods all the time. As long as they don´t do anything illegal I can´t see why some people have to constantly trashtalk mods.

The mods I use:

- Various garage mods. (Session stats, Hangar clock, Smaller icons)

- Webiums Contour icons

- Another 6th sense icon + sound. (Trap Sense)

- Another Crosshair. (Damocles)

- A mod the shows the MOE % in battle

- A mod that shows where I was hit during the battle after I died.

- A mod that shows the current active campaign mission for the tank being played. (Angels PCM helper)

Those mods make the game a lot more comfortable to play and I can´t understand why using mods like that should be frowned upon.

firelars4 #13 Posted 01 March 2018 - 11:20 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 40435 battles
  • [E-BAY] E-BAY

He didn't say he was going to use mods to improve his gameplay. I don't use any mods myself, but WG just launched a website with mods themselves. they are all checked by WG and none are illegal. you can find it here https://wgmods.net/

there is also a small guide on how to install the mod once you clicked on it.

Edited by firelars4, 01 March 2018 - 11:21 AM.

Trillock1945 #14 Posted 01 March 2018 - 12:00 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14741 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I use Aslains mod pack, for:

SS which are 'boobs'.

XVM, so I can see who the (probable) good players are, so that I might learn something from them, and follow them if they are running the same class of tank as me.

A gun sight, I forget which one.

Two rows in the garage.

Garage mod, for pretty garages.

and a couple of others. Too many options otherwise, which if enabled just clutter up my monitor.

But then I am just a noob....:hiding:

BP_OMowe #15 Posted 01 March 2018 - 01:28 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 24757 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

View PostTh3_Whit3D34th_2018, on 28 February 2018 - 05:14 PM, said:

You start by reading the first posts in these two threads:
Cheating, mods and the res_mods-folder in WoT

List of Mods (Still Allowed and Forbidden) - Mods - World of Tanks official forum

Then you can go to either the official mod-portal, or use google to find sites offering mods.

The Mod-section of this forum also contains a lot of links, and is a good place to ask if a site is reputable or not (a tip, if the site contains cheats, you are usually better off looking somewhere else)

Once you located the mods you are interested in, simply download them to your computer.

After unpacking, put them in the appropriate game folder (usually the path is something like G:\Games\World_of_Tanks\res_mods and G:\Games\World_of_Tanks\mods)

Start the client and enjoy your blacked out garage, scantly clad female crew with anime voices, vertical compact tech-tree and historically correct engine sounds.

OreH75 #16 Posted 01 March 2018 - 01:31 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 46125 battles
  • [3V] 3V

View Posthasnainrakha57, on 28 February 2018 - 10:15 PM, said:

Careful i once downloaded legal mod tundra + i got trojon in my pc get 1 other for free just like that and then..

Lol, Tundra - the bush removing mod - legal? You deserved a trojan.

Isharial #17 Posted 01 March 2018 - 05:27 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 18348 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 28 February 2018 - 10:22 PM, said:

I guess I'm going to be that guy but why the automatic assumption that he wants those kinds of mods. To be fair, I didn't check OP's stats or anything or his other posts (of which there are only 2) so I'm not sure if he's given that away already but for all I know, he just wants something like a new reticle such as Jimbo's, or a skin mod or whatever. :mellow:

because the are very vague on what they want.

being a terrible player too, and with the huge amount of "hax" threads, its easy to assume what they want

but, imo, if your asking for mods, you don't care about playing fairly and within the rules, why cant people just play vanilla? the advantages of using them, regardless of whether its as "harmless" as a bright pink tank skin with a pony on it, it still gives you an advatange (your gunna see an enemy one of those coming from a long way away.... )

no matter how small it might be, its still something others don't see or have access to

BP_OMowe #18 Posted 01 March 2018 - 08:55 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 24757 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

View PostIsharial, on 01 March 2018 - 05:27 PM, said:

because the are very vague on what they want.

being a terrible player too, and with the huge amount of "hax" threads, its easy to assume what they want

but, imo, if your asking for mods, you don't care about playing fairly and within the rules, why cant people just play vanilla? the advantages of using them, regardless of whether its as "harmless" as a bright pink tank skin with a pony on it, it still gives you an advatange (your gunna see an enemy one of those coming from a long way away.... )

no matter how small it might be, its still something others don't see or have access to

Why don't we eat porridge every day?

If you feel mods gives such an advantage, there is good news for you: you are absolutely free to use any and all mods that are not forbidden.

Desyatnik_Pansy #19 Posted 01 March 2018 - 09:28 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 14408 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostIsharial, on 01 March 2018 - 04:27 PM, said:

I'm not even entirely sure what to say on that. This isn't War Thunder, tanks aren't permanently spotted where yes, your example might actually make sense. Simply due to how WoT Works though I cannot see how that's an advantage. Whether someone has their tank painted fully black, or neon pink, you won't have any advantage over "seeing him earlier". You won't spot him earlier because for you his tank is neon pink, nor will you spot him later because his tank for all I care has a camouflage net remodelled onto it. I can't even say you have an easier time really aiming at him, as the outlines exist on tanks you hover over in the first place and I also don't think it'll give you any advantage over lining up the shot on him while part of his tank might be obscured by a bush or mound of dirt.

The only thing similar I can think that does give a "slight advantage" is the dead white tanks stuff, and that's to highlight the wreck to make sure you're not accidentally shooting part of a destroyed tank when trying to aim at an enemy. Nonetheless that won't help you out that much if that wreck is somewhat concealed in bushes or the like, it doesn't exactly defy the bushes and make it perfectly visible. At most it'll be a bit easier as you might be able to see where the gun is compared to the vanilla destroyed tank models, but I still don't see this as hugely advantageous.

The only mode this might be helpful in is something like RamRaid's hide and seek event he's going to do on Saturday. With the HUD Turned off and everyone pretty much trying to conceal themselves then yeah, it'll be easier to spot someone who's spotted who's neon pink compared to someone who isn't. I mean heck if someone wanted to be a real **** they could model-swap everything at Tier VI To a Maus or something and then it'd be piss easy to see them once spotted since they'll be taller than the bushes they're probably hiding in. However, this is just a community event thing and doesn't affect actual battles at all, nor would it actually help at all in standard battles to do such a thing.

Jigzy84 #20 Posted 02 March 2018 - 10:09 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26770 battles
  • [H2VOC] H2VOC

I would say play vanilla, it is better!

https://wgmods.net/ then put the downloaded mods into the resmods folder if you get stuck watch a utube guide it is easy.  All in other than a few garage mods that make things slightly easier (free equipment mover etc) mods are a waste of time in game imo....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users