_Anarchistic_ #1 Posted 28 February 2018 - 10:39 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34798 battles
  • [SKIL3] SKIL3

game after game the team that presses w wins, 

game after game you go to a flank, numbers even and one teams meds turn and run

game after game once you win a side the meds all run to a corner and hide

I don't understand why they play like that?  1 chevron for a loser is so hard to get and they throw away many more chevrons for winning by not playing the game

remove the chevron for losing, remove keeping a chevon for losing.  you lose you go down a rank, play to win

TheWarrener #2 Posted 28 February 2018 - 11:21 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 2034 battles
You have to be one of players insisting that 268v4 isn't OP because you can flank it

Procjon #3 Posted 28 February 2018 - 11:23 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 52170 battles

View Post_Anarchistic_, on 28 February 2018 - 09:39 PM, said:

I don't understand why they play like that?  1 chevron for a loser is so hard to get and they throw away many more chevrons for winning by not playing the game

remove the chevron for losing, remove keeping a chevon for losing.  you lose you go down a rank, play to win

Ranked battles are nothing but selfish me, me, me. It is caused by adding 'lose chevron' factor. Many times players start running away without any reason just to go back deep into a map and start camping. 

Ranked battles = camping = more exp = getting chevron

In random battles you gain something always. Maybe you don't get more exp, credits and etc when you lose battle but it is very easy to come even.

In ranked battles i can play all day and at the end be at the same place i started. Random battles are more predictable than ranked. In ranked players are so much afraid of dying and losing a chevron that they do stupid things - for example running away from a winning flank and leaving slow heavy tank to be slaughtered. In ranked battles players get scared way more easily. In random we can see more risk taking than in ranked.

hf

Edited by Procjon, 28 February 2018 - 11:31 PM.

enu_ #4 Posted 28 February 2018 - 11:25 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 22534 battles
  • [-322-] -322-
if you have good situational awareness you will see on time when team starts to fall. then you go back to live as long as possible (and try to negate loss with more damage) or stay and die with rest

_Anarchistic_ #5 Posted 28 February 2018 - 11:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34798 battles
  • [SKIL3] SKIL3

View Postenu_, on 28 February 2018 - 11:25 PM, said:

if you have good situational awareness you will see on time when team starts to fall. then you go back to live as long as possible (and try to negate loss with more damage) or stay and die with rest

but that's just it, they don't even play the game, they just turn and run, full hp

demon_tank #6 Posted 28 February 2018 - 11:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24203 battles
  • [NOS] NOS

Newsflash. Meds have speed....

...Hence they choose to run for whatever reason.

Dont be surprised with what you see in Ranked.

_Anarchistic_ #7 Posted 28 February 2018 - 11:34 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34798 battles
  • [SKIL3] SKIL3

View PostTheWarrener, on 28 February 2018 - 11:21 PM, said:

You have to be one of players insisting that 268v4 isn't OP because you can flank it

​it is very OP lol

but if you can flank it, if, then like any other turretless td its dead meat.  if it is 1v1 a med should be able to track and kill it

but it does need a nerf

OreH75 #8 Posted 28 February 2018 - 11:35 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 46046 battles
  • [3V] 3V
Meds run when idiot heavies are dying...

Etre_ #9 Posted 01 March 2018 - 09:16 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 50742 battles
  • [WEBOB] WEBOB

View Post_Anarchistic_, on 28 February 2018 - 10:39 PM, said:

Massive melees are not the way to win as you put it. This new "meta" happens because WG gave a bonus XP for brawls. The mediums/fast heavies that know this can exploit the situation. Often now, even at rank 15, there are huge parts of the map empty, plenty of space to rush and flank.

Gardar7 #10 Posted 01 March 2018 - 09:20 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22645 battles
  • [VKG-] VKG-
So, you have never heard about tactical retreat? An infamous historical person didn't believe in it either. 

XxKuzkina_MatxX #11 Posted 01 March 2018 - 09:32 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 44713 battles

The OP states that the "odds are even" and most of you are trying to find excuses for being a wuss! "Etre" said a reasonable argument "trying to flank". Running without trying or running for no reason is as dangerous as the melee you are trying to avoid in the first place. In ranked, yeah i know it is even more selfish than randoms but hp is there to use guys, you don't get to use that excess hp in the next battle!

One very compelling argument, watch a Decha stream and see how he handle those meds.

Edited by XxKuzkina_MatxX, 01 March 2018 - 10:06 AM.

Simeon85 #12 Posted 01 March 2018 - 09:39 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 1097 battles

View Postenu_, on 28 February 2018 - 11:25 PM, said:

This basically, had some T-62A berate me yesterday cos I left a flank, when he then got rushed by 3 Bat Chats and an Obj. 140.

Mediums, unless they are like a 907 or 430U work best at medium to long ranges, brawling in them is just a way to lose your hit points cheaply.

Plus why would you fight an even fight? If it's even then nothing is likely to happen because neither side will push, they will just trade HP away and in any soft medium you are just going to come out worse in that fight so I'll go somewhere else to flank or create an overload. 

Hardly unique to ranked either, it's sensible play in randoms as well, don't take an even fight. It's is only worth pushing a medium flank if you have a heavy that will be able to tank and give you an advantage. 

SoupFork #13 Posted 01 March 2018 - 09:40 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 4771 battles

Well, I've never played Ranked, heck I don't even have a Tier X tank yet, but a few days ago I watched a video by Quickybaby about how to do better in Ranked battles and he said:

"In ranked battles it is more about staying alive and doing as much (dmg) as possible. The longer you stay alive, the more points you earn. So if you can't win a fight, run and fight somewhere else" or words to that effect. That might explain it.

lonigus #14 Posted 01 March 2018 - 09:56 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 32631 battles

maybe the medium players dont feel like fighting a Super Conq. in a hull down chokepoint? Or dont feel like being slower on the malinovka hill the a [edited]ObjV4 with 300+ effective frontal armor still having a 50% chance to bounce even premium ammo on its front?

Ranked is not randoms. Playing the usual simply doesnt work here.

_Anarchistic_ #15 Posted 01 March 2018 - 10:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34798 battles
  • [SKIL3] SKIL3

well, 2 days and 2 totally different game sessions,

once I got to rank 10  the game changed and the players play, if they have an advantage they push it, disadvantage played tight and let the other side carry their flank

really good play tonight and really fun evening, lots of close games and lots of really enjoyable teamwork with intelligent and hard fought games and in game was always positive, everyone encouraging the win

really looking forward to next session

oh and most games arty free and not 1 game with more than 1 arty, oh joy, wonderful experience :)

hope this continues as I try to get further up the board

Edited by _Anarchistic_, 01 March 2018 - 10:59 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users