Suicide

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

WoT_RU_Doing #1 Posted 01 March 2018 - 02:11 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 48580 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

OK, so a few weeks ago, I raised a ticket to WG Support, complaining about the number of times I see players kill themselves. This includes especially enemy arty drowning as the last tank left to be killed, other tanks actually posting in the battle chat they don't like the MM and shooting themselves to death etc. The results are either that your own team loses a gun, whatever it may be mounted on, or you lose the chance to kill something and get the HP. When you are within a few HP of completing a personal mission this is especially frustrating. Sadly I'm personally seeing it happen more often now than I did a few months ago.

So, back to WG Support's response, which I'll paraphrase as "we don't like it either, but maybe if you raise it on the forum someone might suggest a sensible solution". So here we go....

1. Remove all deep water, so that nobody can drown (Also means you can't drown anyone, but after 34k battles I've only actually got credit for one drowning, and that was a blind shot. All deliberate pushing tanks into the water came out as the player drowned.)

2. Add a reporting line for players to report suicide. (Great unless everyone decides to report 1 person, cos for some reason he's unlikeable)

3. Treat ANY self kill as a team kill. (not great if you habitually drive tanks like the T67 or any light that has the same likelihood of falling over after hitting a pebble)

My view would be that any player with a high suicide rate (e.g >5%) should be punished/banned so that this stops. Personally I've never committed suicide in the game, as I find it better to keep fighting. I don't know if WN8 gives a higher rating if you kill yourself rather than get killed by the enemy?

So, that's my piece said, but what do you all think?

WindSplitter1 #2 Posted 01 March 2018 - 02:14 AM

Major

• Player
  • 16669 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

View PostReported_Noob, on 01 March 2018 - 01:11 AM, said:

Report noobs.

Spoiler

Edited by WindSplitter1, 01 March 2018 - 02:15 AM.

tam35 #3 Posted 01 March 2018 - 02:18 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 44297 battles
they are usually clickerz, clicking from 700 m and suiciding at the end. they are really respectable, brave and honored friends.

WoT_RU_Doing #4 Posted 01 March 2018 - 02:23 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 48580 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

View Posttam35, on 01 March 2018 - 01:18 AM, said:

they are usually clickerz, clicking from 700 m and suiciding at the end. they are really respectable, brave and honored friends.

Often, But I'm also frustrated by idiots who kill themselves before we spot the first enemy...(Oh crap, you're all crap, bye, etc.). Last one I saw was a Lorr 40t who suicided in a battle vs Tier 6....I mean...wtf?

Edit - yes we won that one, so he got credit for being on the winning team :(

Edited by Reported_Noob, 01 March 2018 - 02:31 AM.

TheComfyChair #5 Posted 01 March 2018 - 04:44 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8072 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostReported_Noob, on 01 March 2018 - 02:23 AM, said:

Often, But I'm also frustrated by idiots who kill themselves before we spot the first enemy...(Oh crap, you're all crap, bye, etc.). Last one I saw was a Lorr 40t who suicided in a battle vs Tier 6....I mean...wtf?

Edit - yes we won that one, so he got credit for being on the winning team :(

Those people are the XVM crazies. They believe XVM is infallible. :facepalm:

Spurtung #6 Posted 01 March 2018 - 06:03 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 66033 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostTheComfyChair, on 01 March 2018 - 05:44 AM, said:

Plenty of those here in the forum, you can usually see them writing pearls of wisdom such as "if I don't have much time to play, the least I can do is play to win, so I won't waste my precious time playing to be farmed".

_funitoo__ #7 Posted 01 March 2018 - 06:11 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1237 battles

View PostReported_Noob, on 01 March 2018 - 02:11 AM, said:

OK, so a few weeks ago, I raised a ticket to WG Support, complaining about the number of times I see players kill themselves. This includes especially enemy arty drowning as the last tank left to be killed, other tanks actually posting in the battle chat they don't like the MM and shooting themselves to death etc.

I think you should stop playing this game immediately, you clearly have been exposed to levels way above what your brain can handle and are suffering detrimental effects.

Shaade_Silentpaw #8 Posted 01 March 2018 - 07:02 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23428 battles

What I would do:

1. Make it so that you recieve 0 exp for the battle - or, maybe even LOSE exp. (like 1-2k vehicle exp)

2. Receive 0 credits for the battle, and double or even triple the repair cost for the vehicle.

I think these 2 things combined would put alot of people off doing it, especially the harsher versions.

Some people still will, no doubt - but they will pay for it.

(Also, drowning isn't the only problem - arty players like to drive up to obstacles and shoot them, killing themselves with HE splash - So it needs to cover that also.)

Edited by Shaade_Silentpaw, 01 March 2018 - 08:55 AM.

wiggles #9 Posted 01 March 2018 - 08:15 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 34265 battles

View PostShaade_Silentpaw, on 01 March 2018 - 06:02 AM, said:

What I would do:

1. Make it so that you recieve 0 exp for the battle - or, maybe even LOSE exp. (like 1-2k vehicle exp)

2. Double or even triple the repair cost for the vehicle.

3. Introduce a new stat that records suicides - intentional or not, and have it significantly affect personal rating.

I think these 3 things combined would put alot of people off doing it, especially the first two.

Some people still will, no doubt - but they will pay for it.

#3 would encourage TK's off'f cliffs etc.

LordMuffin #10 Posted 01 March 2018 - 08:27 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 48529 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
I think a sensible solution would be.

If you drown then 2 times within any sequence of 100 battles you get banned.
3 hour
1 day
3 day
1 week
2 weeks
1 month
3 months
And so on.

Jack_Sparroxx #11 Posted 01 March 2018 - 08:33 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 57133 battles
  • [KLKMP] KLKMP
To be honest I really dont care very much at all. Some games are just a complete utter waste of time.. And I can usually tell with in the first 60 sekunders if the game is lost or won simply on how the team deploys. And I dont need or use XWM crap mods to tell me if my team mates are a bunch mouth breathing crayon sniffing window licking donkeys.. So no, I dont blame or get upset if people drown them self.. why would I, lots of other things that pisses me a lot more..yolo [edited]and xwm focus pisses me of alot more. 

Shaade_Silentpaw #12 Posted 01 March 2018 - 08:52 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23428 battles

View Postwiggles, on 01 March 2018 - 07:15 AM, said:

#3 would encourage TK's off'f cliffs etc.

Teamkills =/= Suicides, it would only record suicides.

But yeah, with WG's hack of an automated system I could see it causing frequent problems...i'll remove it~

Babbet_1 #13 Posted 01 March 2018 - 09:09 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11542 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

For what it's worth, my solution to suicide drowning would be to return the vehicle to garage minus its crew, on the premise that they have all drowned, deserted, defected to the enemy, etc. Penalty not to be applied in cases where another vehicle is involved, ie pushing etc. First drowning incident in every 100 battles not to incurr penalty, to allow some leeway for accidental drownings.

I believe this would make would be suiciders think twice, especially if they stand to lose a good crew.  

TsundereWaffle #14 Posted 01 March 2018 - 09:41 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27233 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD
Spoiler

Simeon85 #15 Posted 01 March 2018 - 09:50 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 1097 battles

For the early suicides then getting rid of XVM would help massively, many a time you see comments from players basing it XVM win chances or XVM stats would then help as they wouldn't know at the start of the game.

Also fixing -2 MM would help, whilst I don't condone it, I somewhat understand why someone say grinding a tier 8 might just get up fed up with their 10th game in a row bottom tier and then might think f it I'll just suicide. 

So I think fixing those two problems would heavily reduce your early game suicides.

As for the drowning end of game, I'd suggest much harsher penalties, the game must be able to see when a player drowns themselves or tks themselves, occasionally this will be accidental, but in many cases it won't.  

So two things I would propose -

1. A big credit fine, like 4 even 5 times the repair costs of the vehicle if you kill yourself PLUS those credits get equally distributed between the players on the winning team. 

2. Every time you drown or kill yourself you get a warning point, if you do it say 3 times within 100 games, that is a one hour ban, if you do it again that is a 1 day ban etc. 

Edited by Simeon85, 01 March 2018 - 09:51 AM.

TacticusMK2 #16 Posted 01 March 2018 - 11:13 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17744 battles
  • [DUAL] DUAL

View PostTheComfyChair, on 01 March 2018 - 04:44 AM, said:

Ironic about this is that by suiciding you get 0 WN8, effectively reducing your WN8 and thus WN8 based win chance in oncoming games. It's difficult to fathom how someone can be as mentally limited as they are.

View PostReported_Noob, on 01 March 2018 - 02:11 AM, said:

1. Remove all deep water, so that nobody can drown (Also means you can't drown anyone, but after 34k battles I've only actually got credit for one drowning, and that was a blind shot. All deliberate pushing tanks into the water came out as the player drowned.)

2. Add a reporting line for players to report suicide. (Great unless everyone decides to report 1 person, cos for some reason he's unlikeable)

3. Treat ANY self kill as a team kill. (not great if you habitually drive tanks like the T67 or any light that has the same likelihood of falling over after hitting a pebble)

1) No way, no point... They will find other ways to suicide, for example, shoot against a wall with HE.

2) Already there, doesn't work.. no one uses the report functionality because WG doesn't care either.

3) I sometimes accidentally suicide when trying to jump down a cliff to surprise the enemy... would suck to see that being punished like this.

View PostSimeon85, on 01 March 2018 - 09:50 AM, said:

1. A big credit fine, like 4 even 5 times the repair costs of the vehicle if you kill yourself PLUS those credits get equally distributed between the players on the winning team. 

2. Every time you drown or kill yourself you get a warning point, if you do it say 3 times within 100 games, that is a one hour ban, if you do it again that is a 1 day ban etc. 

1) I'm all in for the huge credit fines. 

2) No, you can accidently kill yourself in the heat of battle.. big NO.

I suggest Credit and XP fines are the best solutions... for example if you have contributed nothing at all to the team, no dmg, no spotting, no assist etc, and you drown/kill urself within X minutes of the fight, a huge credit penalty +  0 exp gain.

If you drown/suicide later on the game a slight credit penalty and a slight exp penalty.

Simeon85 #17 Posted 01 March 2018 - 11:19 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 1097 battles

View PostTacticusMK2, on 01 March 2018 - 11:13 AM, said:

2) No, you can accidently kill yourself in the heat of battle.. big NO.

You can, but it does not happen very often and if you manage to do it repeatedly then you are super careless and probably deserve the punishment anyway. 

IMO 99.9% of people who manage to kill themselves several times in a fairly short sample of games are people doing it on purpose.

it's a bit like team damage, everyone does a little bit of team damage every now and then, but if you manage to do it multiple times over a few games then you are either careless or are doing it on purpose, either way the punishment is just. 

I've probably only drowned like 4-5 times in like 20k battles. 

RamRaid90 #18 Posted 01 March 2018 - 11:20 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 22473 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

View PostTacticusMK2, on 01 March 2018 - 10:13 AM, said:

I suggest Credit and XP fines are the best solutions... for example if you have contributed nothing at all to the team, no dmg, no spotting, no assist etc, and you drown/kill urself within X minutes of the fight, a huge credit penalty +  0 exp gain.

If you drown/suicide later on the game a slight credit penalty and a slight exp penalty.

Decreasing with battle effectiveness is one way.

We need a coefficient to battle effectiveness to decrease earning by upon suicide which takes all factors into account (damagecaused, time of death, total battle time, assistance damage, spots etc)

The more effective you are in battle the less your punishment for death.

Vukila #19 Posted 01 March 2018 - 11:56 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 28762 battles
  • [OT_YU] OT_YU

The only thing which could partially eliminate suicides is better MM. Never did It, but I do understand why somebody doesnt want to waste 5-6 minutes in a red team vs yellow greens. Suicides are just a symptom, not source of a problem.

And there always be some morons suiciding because they are at a bottom tier or theres 3 artys or whatever. But their numbers are acceptable, doesnt happen too much.

And theres a slight problem with penalties for a early drown- pushers. Fags who enjoy pushing you from the bridge if they see the chance.They will enjoy it even more.

Edited by Vukila, 01 March 2018 - 12:02 PM.

Ricky_Rolls #20 Posted 01 March 2018 - 12:04 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 66954 battles
Every time a cliker kills himself he should be banned 1 day.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users