Is auto-aim indicator mod illegal?

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

MegaDeltaFighter #1 Posted 01 March 2018 - 12:46 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 36316 battles
  • [GRFIN] GRFIN

Is auto-aim indicator mod illegal? I have downloaded it from this forum and the author claimed it is not illegal and WG staff had not remove it from the forum.

in a a chat I admitted that I have used it and now I have been banned for 7 days and my tickets are closed with no reply what's that?

it is not much useful and I rarely used it just when escaping from one area to hide and used to hit enemy at the back while looking at forward.

in most of situations it is useless while it is aiming at the center of a tank and you can not hit the target while most of time ether the target is moving or the aimed point is not the weak point

I do not care if I stop using it if it is illegal now, cause it is not much useful.  I do not why WG support even do not care to reply a ticket.

while WG is careless and even do not bother to answer any body can help?

I feel I may decide to stop playing such a game or at least stop paying I guess I can not trust the game management, and what I have invested including the money I paid can be lost very easily by irresponsibility   of game staff

Edited by MegaDeltaFighter, 02 March 2018 - 09:49 AM.

KosmetskiTigar #2 Posted 01 March 2018 - 12:51 PM

Private

• Player
  • 47381 battles
  • [MAD-J] MAD-J
Of course it’s illegal, dude.

Aikl #3 Posted 01 March 2018 - 12:53 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25547 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

The mod that features 'snap' functionality for autoaim, i.e. enables autoaim without directly hovering over the silhouette of an enemy tank, is indeed prohibited. The 'legal' version, which provides assitance but does require you to actually aim at the tank is fine.

Could you link to the topic where you downloaded the mod from? Also, is this the only mod you used? Has the account been accessed on other computers and/or by other users?

Edited by Aikl, 01 March 2018 - 12:55 PM.

imendars #4 Posted 01 March 2018 - 12:53 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10983 battles
I dont wana sound [edited], but what even is that thing? What does it do?

Soifon99 #5 Posted 01 March 2018 - 12:54 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 35615 battles
  • [KITTY] KITTY

View PostKosmetskiTigar, on 01 March 2018 - 12:51 PM, said:

Show the source where it says it's illegal.. you are not a figure of authority here.

MegaDeltaFighter #6 Posted 01 March 2018 - 12:57 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 36316 battles
  • [GRFIN] GRFIN

View PostAikl, on 01 March 2018 - 12:53 PM, said:

The mod that features 'snap' functionality for autoaim, i.e. enables autoaim without directly hovering over the silhouette of an enemy tank, is indeed prohibited. The 'legal' version, which provides assitance but does require you to actually aim at the tank is fine.

Is this the only mod you used? 

Could you link to the topic where you downloaded the mod from?

well the mod let you aim-lock at enemy when it is at your direct sight and you can not aim when it is behind a rock or building. it is almost the same as auto-lock of the game.

it is not the only mod I use XVM as well and other garage mod to indicate last battle win8 and eff I am sure they have no problem

Edited by MegaDeltaFighter, 01 March 2018 - 12:58 PM.

Soifon99 #7 Posted 01 March 2018 - 12:58 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 35615 battles
  • [KITTY] KITTY

Is this the only mod you used? 

Could you link to the topic where you downloaded the mod from?

This,  i used the mod before it was illegal and then they changed it to you have to hover over the silhouette in order to autolock.  if you used the mod where you can autolock without hovering over their silhouette (so if they are behind a rock or something) it's illegal.

Edited by Soifon99, 01 March 2018 - 01:33 PM.

Aikl #8 Posted 01 March 2018 - 12:58 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25547 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostKosmetskiTigar, on 01 March 2018 - 11:51 AM, said:

Interestingly enough there are actually mods included on the mod portal that isn't exactly in-line with the FPP, as outline below. Also note the image in the spoiler, specifically the part about illegal mod users encouraging whining on the forum (to sow discontent, presumably).

View PostAikl, on 01 March 2018 - 11:06 AM, said:

1. (...)
  2. The official mod portal features a mod pack (Aslain's) that includes 'enemy view direction on minimap'. How is that not covered by the following points?
    1. Mods that reveal the position of enemies in a way not included in the vanilla client
    2. Mods that do provide a gameplay advantage, one that we think is bad overall for the game. These are classified as a cheat and are illegal going forward.

3. Furthermore, I feel there's an overall lack of information and disclosure regarding the FPP on WoT EU. WoWs has a seemingly similar approach to FPP - which they have clarified on the official subreddit (and probably in the forums as well).
    Spoiler

Several points in the above post would be extremely useful to note. Not to say the post above isn't a bit 'fuzzy' regarding the 'ReShade' tool, however, but it's something Wargaming should really consider posting on the WoT forums as well. Truth being told - based on information and impressions from this forum and worldoftanks.eu, I have minimal to little faith in the system. Common sense and the knowledge that illegal mods aren't actually a huge advantage/problem says the opposite, of course.

All-in-all, this would be prime material for a forum Q&A session. While you've previously noted that developers do not have the time to partake in community activities (Q&As, 'dev blogs' etc.), I'm sure Wargaming realizes the importance of community interaction and might have, or find, someone suitable for this task.

Stat_Padder #9 Posted 01 March 2018 - 01:09 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 39969 battles

View PostMegaDeltaFighter, on 01 March 2018 - 11:46 AM, said:

Is auto-aim indicator mod illegal? I have downloaded it from this forum and the author claimed it is not illegal and WG staff had not remove it from the forum.

in a a chat I admitted that I have used it and now I have been banned for 7 days and my tickets are closed with no reply what's that?

it is not much useful and I rarely used it just when escaping from one area to hide and used to hit enemy at the back while looking at forward.

in most of situations it is useless while it is aiming at the center of a tank and you can not hit the target while most of time ether the target is moving or the aimed point is not the weak point

I do not care if I stop using it if it is illegal now, cause it is not much useful.  I do not why WG support even do not care to reply a ticket.

while WG is careless and even do not bother to answer any body can help?

I feel I may decide to stop playing such a game or at least stop paying I guess I can not trust the game management, and what I have invested including the money I paid can be lost very easily by irresponsibility   of game staff

Is it stupid question day or something?

Aikl #10 Posted 01 March 2018 - 01:10 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25547 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostMegaDeltaFighter, on 01 March 2018 - 11:57 AM, said:

well the mod let you aim-lock at enemy when it is at your direct sight and you can not aim when it is behind a rock or building. it is almost the same as auto-lock of the game.

it is not the only mod I use XVM as well and other garage mod to indicate last battle win8 and eff I am sure they have no problem

As confirmed by Soifon99 and the fact that this kind of mod appears in the official mod portal, that functionality is actually fine.

Again, it would certainly be helpful to know where you got the mods you've used, and if you play on other computers (or other users play on your account). Links or the contents of the python.log file found in the game directory is always interesting, though of course you won't be able to prove your innocence that way. If you were innocent, however, posting information would let us help you find the bad stuff.

View PostSoifon99, on 01 March 2018 - 11:58 AM, said:

This,  i used the mod before it was illegal and then they changed it to you have to hover over the silhouette in order to autolock.  if you used the mod where you can autolock without hovering over their silhouette (so if there are behind a rock or something) it's illegal.

Part of why I find this particular mod interesting is that the 'snap' functionality is still integrated for the 'T' key, and judging from the configuration file is possible to activate for the autoaim as well. I've used the legal version for a long time without any issues (it's a useful FC tool if you don't have LOS to the enemy tanks).

Here's the content of the config file, with the interesting stuff in bold:

Spoiler

This particular mod also serves as an argument for 'serverside detection' without literally analyzing the mod folder. Detecting the pattern exhibited by the autoaim snapping shouldn't be hard when you know what to look for. Some modpacks might include the illegal version of this mod, which is hardly surprising seeing as the snap functionality itself is a part of the mod, and there's literally a 'true/false'-modifier to switch it on for the autoaim (why would it be included if it was disabled?).

BP_OMowe #11 Posted 01 March 2018 - 01:45 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 24764 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

Auto-aim indicator is an allowed function, described as highlighting and/or having an arrow pointing at the target you currently use the client auto-aim function against.

The way you describe the mod you used, it seems you are talking about something else.

If you don't trust the company, don't give them your money. There I fully agree.

Pvt_Duffer #12 Posted 01 March 2018 - 01:50 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 16658 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostStat_Padder, on 01 March 2018 - 12:09 PM, said:

Is it stupid question day or something?

Nope, just the day after ban wave day, when all the poor cheaters come crying to the forums to have their cheaty mods declared legal.

Edited by Pvt_Duffer, 01 March 2018 - 01:51 PM.

BP_OMowe #13 Posted 01 March 2018 - 01:53 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 24764 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

View PostKosmetskiTigar, on 01 March 2018 - 12:51 PM, said:

And you of course have no idea what so ever what you are typing about.

View PostMegaDeltaFighter, on 01 March 2018 - 12:57 PM, said:

That is not the auto-aim indicator mod, but Auto-aim++ updated to follow the FPP.

BP_OMowe #14 Posted 01 March 2018 - 01:56 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 24764 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

View PostAikl, on 01 March 2018 - 01:10 PM, said:

As confirmed by Soifon99 and the fact that this kind of mod appears in the official mod portal, that functionality is actually fine.

Again, it would certainly be helpful to know where you got the mods you've used, and if you play on other computers (or other users play on your account). Links or the contents of the python.log file found in the game directory is always interesting, though of course you won't be able to prove your innocence that way. If you were innocent, however, posting information would let us help you find the bad stuff.

Part of why I find this particular mod interesting is that the 'snap' functionality is still integrated for the 'T' key, and judging from the configuration file is possible to activate for the autoaim as well. I've used the legal version for a long time without any issues (it's a useful FC tool if you don't have LOS to the enemy tanks).

Here's the content of the config file, with the interesting stuff in bold:

Spoiler

This particular mod also serves as an argument for 'serverside detection' without literally analyzing the mod folder. Detecting the pattern exhibited by the autoaim snapping shouldn't be hard when you know what to look for. Some modpacks might include the illegal version of this mod, which is hardly surprising seeing as the snap functionality itself is a part of the mod, and there's literally a 'true/false'-modifier to switch it on for the autoaim (why would it be included if it was disabled?).

I found something similar in the Kellerman Blue sight. The sight itself was perfectly legit, but it was built on a cheat with the forbidden functions just disabled through the xml-file. A real pity, as I found the sight itself really comfortable to use.

jack_timber #15 Posted 01 March 2018 - 02:46 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 33432 battles

Mods... If you must use them get them from here...

https://worldoftanks...b-announcement/

Jam_in_a_Tank #16 Posted 01 March 2018 - 04:43 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 14917 battles
  • [ENZYM] ENZYM
Don't understand what it is, dont care, but why cant we enjoy a clean mod game ?
I bet 50% of players will loose their minds having no idea what to do, 25% will confused on prioritising target due to no xvm, 10% the clickers will cry in forums that game is unplayable, and we the last remaining 15% we will not even care and enjoy the game even more ..
dont mind just sitting here dreaming..

Slyspy #17 Posted 01 March 2018 - 06:20 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14202 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostJam_in_a_Tank, on 01 March 2018 - 04:43 PM, said:

Don't understand what it is, dont care, but why cant we enjoy a clean mod game ?
I bet 50% of players will loose their minds having no idea what to do, 25% will confused on prioritising target due to no xvm, 10% the clickers will cry in forums that game is unplayable, and we the last remaining 15% we will not even care and enjoy the game even more ..
dont mind just sitting here dreaming..

Really? I bet that if they somehow could enforce a ban on all mods tomorrow your game experience would not alter at all, which the exception which you mention of players targeting you if you show up as a good player in XVM.

Mr_Burrows #18 Posted 01 March 2018 - 06:31 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 45099 battles

Okay, I use this: https://modxvm.com/en/

And no, I did not get banned, btw. 

But as I cannot download it from the WG approved homepage I will uninstall it, at least for now. So what modpack should I get instead? The auto aim thingamajig mentioned above, downloadable "legally", what mod pack contains it? It sure as heck would help when trying to circle strafe an enemy heavy in my light tanks, and since it is readily available "legally" I will install it in a heartbeat. 

Should be part of the ordinary game client, really. 

So which pack to get? 

8126Jakobsson #19 Posted 01 March 2018 - 06:52 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 66397 battles

View PostMr_Burrows, on 01 March 2018 - 06:31 PM, said:

Okay, I use this: https://modxvm.com/en/

And no, I did not get banned, btw. 

But as I cannot download it from the WG approved homepage I will uninstall it, at least for now. So what modpack should I get instead? The auto aim thingamajig mentioned above, downloadable "legally", what mod pack contains it? It sure as heck would help when trying to circle strafe an enemy heavy in my light tanks, and since it is readily available "legally" I will install it in a heartbeat. 

Should be part of the ordinary game client, really. 

So which pack to get? 

​No pack. Cool guys don't pack. And isn't the legal auto aim mod the same as the one in game? You have to highlight target and click in both cases, no?

Jam_in_a_Tank #20 Posted 01 March 2018 - 07:18 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 14917 battles
  • [ENZYM] ENZYM

View PostSlyspy, on 01 March 2018 - 06:20 PM, said:

Really? I bet that if they somehow could enforce a ban on all mods tomorrow your game experience would not alter at all, which the exception which you mention of players targeting you if you show up as a good player in XVM.

But wait you have more comments on forum rather than battles played, i thought just was worth mentioning that :B

Anw i do believe roughly what i have mention above is true

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users