Jump to content


Would WG sell rare (non-overpowered) tanks by request? (ex: KV-5)


  • Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

KillingJoker #1 Posted 01 March 2018 - 03:19 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 28940 battles
  • 1,148
  • Member since:
    09-07-2015

I want a KV-5, i understand WG dont want to use a thouse special campains anymore to sell it, because they have many other more recent and powerfull premiums to get more proffit from...its a rare tank to see in the battle,,and  because of that they think its pointless to sell it again and people would even complain...

 

"who would want to buy that rubish" only 167 penetration on a tier 8 with current meta, are you insane WG?"

 

But i am one of thouse "insane" people who really want it...  i am wanting it for a long long time now, and they dont sell it...

and its not i am requesting it becuase it's a super overpowered tank that was removed  from the techtree and not sold anymore for being unfair...

everyone recognizes its underpowered (in theory....) 

 

So why not sell it for people who request it? you know, people giving their account details, and you sent them a special code to unlock the tank...

 

 



tank276 #2 Posted 01 March 2018 - 03:28 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 47825 battles
  • 266
  • [KEKE] KEKE
  • Member since:
    08-30-2012

Why would u want that piece of crap?

Only good thing about it - have played it in a friends account- is the credits it makes, maybe one of the best earners.

If u dont use gold ammo that is, but u will have to, with the penetration value it has.



Geno1isme #3 Posted 01 March 2018 - 03:28 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 40053 battles
  • 6,591
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT
  • Member since:
    09-03-2013
Well, you can always try to ask support, but I don't think WG will do it (way too much effort to deal with individual requests).

KillingJoker #4 Posted 01 March 2018 - 03:37 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 28940 battles
  • 1,148
  • Member since:
    09-07-2015

View Posttank276, on 01 March 2018 - 03:28 PM, said:

Why would u want that piece of crap?

Only good thing about it - have played it in a friends account- is the credits it makes, maybe one of the best earners.

If u dont use gold ammo that is, but u will have to, with the penetration value it has.

 

Because in my hands would never be a piece of crap... 

and its more mobile than a KV-4, with a preferencial mm, with very very good armor for a player who knows how to use...

 

because the gun despite being only 164 penetration have very good dpm, and the 219 penetration of the premium rounds are enough for me to deal with tier 8s and 9s

in the current meta...

 

therefor,  i am for a long time, interested in buying the kv-5. 



DracheimFlug #5 Posted 01 March 2018 - 03:40 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 8925 battles
  • 3,724
  • Member since:
    11-13-2014

By request is a problematic thing. Companies want to avoid that whenever practical.

 

The other issue is that they seem to have some plans to rebalance the KV-5, so if they sell it then change it relatively shortly thereafter it becomes a bit of a bait and switch.... 



Pvt_Duffer #6 Posted 01 March 2018 - 03:41 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 16404 battles
  • 3,019
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-11-2011

View PostKillingJoker, on 01 March 2018 - 02:37 PM, said:

 with very very good armor for a player who knows how to use...

Or pathetically weak armour for anyone who knows where to shoot it, which is practically everyone as the KV-5 Radio Droid is legendary.

 



tank276 #7 Posted 01 March 2018 - 03:47 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 47825 battles
  • 266
  • [KEKE] KEKE
  • Member since:
    08-30-2012

View PostKillingJoker, on 01 March 2018 - 02:37 PM, said:

 

Because in my hands would never be a piece of crap... 

and its more mobile than a KV-4, with a preferencial mm, with very very good armor for a player who knows how to use...

 

because the gun despite being only 164 penetration have very good dpm, and the 219 penetration of the premium rounds are enough for me to deal with tier 8s and 9s

in the current meta...

 

therefor,  i am for a long time, interested in buying the kv-5. 

 

Roger that then.

They are in a long quest for some time now to "retire" special MM vehicles, so I dont expect it to be available any time soon but u never know.

I have FCM,Super Pershing and t34-3 of this kind of tanks. FCM is pretty cool, t34-3 I cant stand it and Pershing is ok.

And @Pvt_Duffer has a good point about the R2D2 also.

 


Edited by tank276, 01 March 2018 - 03:48 PM.


arthurwellsley #8 Posted 01 March 2018 - 03:47 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 50487 battles
  • 2,506
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
  • Member since:
    05-11-2011

View PostKillingJoker, on 01 March 2018 - 02:19 PM, said:

I want a KV-5, i understand WG dont want to use a thouse special campains anymore to sell it, because they have many other more recent and powerfull premiums to get more proffit from...its a rare tank to see in the battle,,and  because of that they think its pointless to sell it again and people would even complain...

 

"who would want to buy that rubish" only 167 penetration on a tier 8 with current meta, are you insane WG?"

 

But i am one of thouse "insane" people who really want it...  i am wanting it for a long long time now, and they dont sell it...

and its not i am requesting it becuase it's a super overpowered tank that was removed  from the techtree and not sold anymore for being unfair...

everyone recognizes its underpowered (in theory....) 

 

So why not sell it for people who request it? you know, people giving their account details, and you sent them a special code to unlock the tank...

 

 

 

WoT Developer Q&A

Preferential MM

  • Preferential MM will continue to slowly be phased out, even with vehicles that already have it. The first planned vehicle will be KV-5. The nature of those changes aren’t worked out yet. Though there will likely be the option for gold compensation or the rebalanced vehicle.

 

Source = https://ritastatusre...developer-qa-2/

 

From 24th February 2018.

 

So No you will not be able to buy the KV5 as it is about to be radically changed. However. afterwards you will be able to buy it again, but who knows what it will be like then.



KillingJoker #9 Posted 01 March 2018 - 03:50 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 28940 battles
  • 1,148
  • Member since:
    09-07-2015

View PostPvt_Duffer, on 01 March 2018 - 03:41 PM, said:

Or pathetically weak armour for anyone who knows where to shoot it, which is practically everyone as the KV-5 Radio Droid is legendary.

 

 

No worries, a put a women as radio operator, so she moans everytime she gets hit... 

 

but, i am interested mostly in the fact the armor is extremely good for a tank that will potencialy have 13.14 horsepower per tone... and can reach 40kph...

and it weights 130 tones, 

 

i want it for the troll factor, this is the reason... its a tank that is meant to give me fun time ocasionaly, despite it should be really good credit maker

with 300 alpha and only 250 credits cost per shell, but its mostly for the troll


Edited by KillingJoker, 01 March 2018 - 03:52 PM.


BP_OMowe #10 Posted 02 March 2018 - 12:35 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 24743 battles
  • 2,047
  • [-GY-] -GY-
  • Member since:
    01-08-2013

View PostKillingJoker, on 01 March 2018 - 03:19 PM, said:

I want a KV-5, i understand WG dont want to use a thouse special campains anymore to sell it, because they have many other more recent and powerfull premiums to get more proffit from...its a rare tank to see in the battle,,and  because of that they think its pointless to sell it again and people would even complain...

 

So why not sell it for people who request it? you know, people giving their account details, and you sent them a special code to unlock the tank...

 

They will, if the profits gained are enough. Not income, profits.

Balc0ra #11 Posted 02 March 2018 - 12:44 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 62806 battles
  • 14,399
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012
Considering it's likely to be one of the first premiums to be buffed after 1.0 going by the recent Q&A. I'm fairly sure they will sell it again then. Just like they have done with every underwhelming premium they have buffed of late. Like the Panther M10 and the T-34-85M. Both went on sale the day after the buffs.

Homer_J #12 Posted 02 March 2018 - 04:23 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 27068 battles
  • 27,695
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostKillingJoker, on 01 March 2018 - 02:50 PM, said:

 

 and can reach 40kph...

 

If you drive it off a cliff.

 

IIRC the early versions on the test server had 50kph top speed and could use it, plus it was tier 7.  It was really OP and got nerfed down and bumped up a tier.



Coldspell #13 Posted 02 March 2018 - 04:48 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 18583 battles
  • 2,095
  • Member since:
    08-12-2013

View Postarthurwellsley, on 01 March 2018 - 02:47 PM, said:

 

WoT Developer Q&A

Preferential MM

  • Preferential MM will continue to slowly be phased out, even with vehicles that already have it. The first planned vehicle will be KV-5. The nature of those changes aren’t worked out yet. Though there will likely be the option for gold compensation or the rebalanced vehicle.

 

Source = https://ritastatusre...developer-qa-2/

 

From 24th February 2018.

 

So No you will not be able to buy the KV5 as it is about to be radically changed. However. afterwards you will be able to buy it again, but who knows what it will be like then.

 

Well that is a little depressing, I don't mind driving pref mm tanks even if they are mostly outclassed nowdays... for the simple fact the the tier 8's don't get thrown into +2 every single game.

 



Jigzy84 #14 Posted 02 March 2018 - 09:53 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 26770 battles
  • 846
  • [H2VOC] H2VOC
  • Member since:
    03-13-2013
KV-5 is losing it's pref mm so I would hold off until such a time as this is confirmed one way or another

Balc0ra #15 Posted 02 March 2018 - 01:50 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 62806 battles
  • 14,399
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostColdspell, on 02 March 2018 - 04:48 AM, said:

 

Well that is a little depressing, I don't mind driving pref mm tanks even if they are mostly outclassed nowdays... for the simple fact the the tier 8's don't get thrown into +2 every single game.

 

 

Tbh I would rather play my IS-6 vs tier X guns with good pen vs pure tier 8 games or the odd tier 9 game with bad pen. The only pref MM tank on tier 8 I still enjoy is the T26E4, as the pen on that is not terrible vs other US tier 8 meds etc. Still higher then some of the other non pref MM US tier 8 premiums.

_underscored_ #16 Posted 02 March 2018 - 03:27 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 54913 battles
  • 377
  • [_EON_] _EON_
  • Member since:
    04-19-2014

View Posttank276, on 01 March 2018 - 02:28 PM, said:

Why would u want that piece of crap?

Because it trades damage well against e50m while ramming. The pref mm is there in order to not make the e50m weak.



D4wiD3K #17 Posted 02 March 2018 - 03:38 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 659 battles
  • 276
  • Member since:
    08-11-2012

Still a great tank, just being misplayed by heavy bobs who think a heavy tank is only viable if it can sidescrape and trade shots with higher tier heavies in the local botfest. Such a shame to see Wargaming destroy an iconic, competitive and unique tank because bots can't play it.

 

When I say bots I mean the players who whine that 167 penetration is bad yet the first thing they do when the battle starts is to find the "heavy flank" and trade shots with an enemy E75 with that 167 penetration. It's clearly the tank's fault.


Edited by D4wiD3K, 02 March 2018 - 03:41 PM.


DeadlySpade #18 Posted 03 March 2018 - 09:50 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 18463 battles
  • 3
  • [USAFC] USAFC
  • Member since:
    04-02-2011
Well having played since beta and having a kv5 since the start. You are forgetting one very important detail. It has great armour but everyone from old that use to play against them know. Shoot r2d2. A tier 4 can penetrate it and kill you. I took it out recently and the first match was amazing I really around 2000 dmg  and bounced 3000 plus. No one shot r2. The next match I was dead 30 flat r2 let me down. Unless you drive backward there no way to not expose r2 before u fire. And if your wondering r2 is the big useless turret on the front. So it really not a good tank at all

D4wiD3K #19 Posted 04 March 2018 - 08:01 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 659 battles
  • 276
  • Member since:
    08-11-2012

View PostDeadlySpade, on 03 March 2018 - 08:50 PM, said:

Well having played since beta and having a kv5 since the start. You are forgetting one very important detail. It has great armour but everyone from old that use to play against them know. Shoot r2d2. A tier 4 can penetrate it and kill you. I took it out recently and the first match was amazing I really around 2000 dmg  and bounced 3000 plus. No one shot r2. The next match I was dead 30 flat r2 let me down. Unless you drive backward there no way to not expose r2 before u fire. And if your wondering r2 is the big useless turret on the front. So it really not a good tank at all

 

That's utter BS. When I bought my KV-5 some 2-3 years ago I was supposed to be late and it was a terrible tank and not worth anyone's money. Everyone apparently had it figured out. Everyone knew exactly where to shoot the tank and the armor would therefore be paper. Just shoot the R2D2 that is the most obvious weak spot any tank has in the entire game and the tank is as good as dead! Still after 1.5k games I am sitting here, scratching my head with the average damage blocked of 1480 per battle, which is a few funny points off IS-3's full health. Talking of the devil, my IS-3 and IS-6 which I played mostly a couple of years ago when they were in their prime block 1000-1100 damage per game. Still during those times everyone was whining how those tanks had OP armor. My O-Ho blocks 1k damage. My IS-7 blocks 1440 damage. KV-5 is still at 1480 with its "paper" armor.


The only reason people fail with KV-5 is because they insist on being heavy bots with it. Because it's a heavy tank they have to play it like idiots, turn off their minimap and trade shots with other heavies in the local bot flank. Just like when they play a top tier Badger they absolutely must camp base with it because "im td". Did I say "fail with KV-5"? I meant allegedly fail. Statistically everyone seems to be doing just fine with it even in 2018.

 

There's absolutely nothing wrong with KV-5 barring the standard penetration and a simple buff to 200 AP standard round would've fixed any an all problems the tank has. Here we are losing a unique, fun and iconic tank because bots keep whining about it because they fail with it(they fail even more with their other tanks) because it's not a Defender.


Edited by D4wiD3K, 04 March 2018 - 08:02 AM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users