Help me understand the Countdown to 1.0 -missions...

obscure enigma level sh*t

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Ryn1k #1 Posted 01 March 2018 - 05:00 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1617 battles

Ok, I have always thought that WG's way of displaying missions to complete has been needlessly complicated compared to many other games. Now I'm just baffled on what I need to do in order to complete all the  Countdown to 1.0 -missions.

I've numbered the questions so it's easier to answer them:

Posted Image

Coming back from a long break, this is really annoying as a whole. I have campaigns, missions, events, bonds, directives, tokens, stuff that can be completed with or without honors, stuff that can be completed as a private or veteran... jesus christ really. They could really make this slightly less irritating.

Thanks for the possible explanations that follow.

Martijn_mk2 #2 Posted 01 March 2018 - 05:16 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5840 battles
Look here

https://worldoftanks...inal-countdown/

wremise #3 Posted 01 March 2018 - 05:18 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 47534 battles
  • [P4NTA] P4NTA

The explanation ingame is real mess, but there is an easy solution:

-> Go to the WoT Website and find the event! You know, on the website they explain their events.

Balc0ra #4 Posted 01 March 2018 - 05:34 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64272 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

1: Each of the 3 are rewarded for doing different missions. If you click on the different 3 tokens on the top 3 mission. It will list all the current missions that reward the token you clicked on. Going by past events. I suspect the fire and the ricochet token will be reward more in the next few weeks when new missions come. But as I said. Click on the fire token etc at the top to see a list of missions that currently rewards them .

2: If the token image is in the middle saying 2/4. It's showing how many tokens you need to get the listed rewards below it to complete said mission. Like on "veteran still that long?" that says 2/5. That means you have 2 out of the 5 to get the consumables listed below it. But if the token is listed at the bottom of a mission on the red ribbon line is the rewards. Like on the "private 19 days to go" one. So find those and do those to get more tokens. But as I said, there are not enough tokens to do the top missions this week. As there is only 1 fire token. The rest will come later as the event lasts for 3 weeks.

3: The numbered boxes is the total missions for the event. The red means it's not unlocked yet. Green means it's done. Grey means available. If you go on the red boxes, it will show when they will be available in red letters in the upper right corner of the mission box.

4: The tokens on your 2nd screen is a green mission. Indicating you have been rewarded those 3 tokens along the red ribbon. It's the grey numbers you still have not done, and still has tokens to give you. Any mission window like the one there is marked as completed as indicated by the green color, and the "completed" mark in the upper right corner. If you go any grey number, it will say in the upper right corner how many times you can do that mission a day. 

I hope that made it a bit easier to understand.

Edited by Balc0ra, 01 March 2018 - 05:35 PM.

jack_timber #5 Posted 01 March 2018 - 06:09 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32355 battles

And I thought it was only myself that didn't understand from in-game missions, breathe sigh of relief.

But explanation on announcements is far easier to digest.

Lycopersicon #6 Posted 01 March 2018 - 07:28 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 10600 battles
Somehow, what I understood from the website was that today's task was to play one game. I suspected that in the future, it would get tougher, but alright, let us play this one game. However, after that game, I apparantly received a big stream of tokens with fancy names that had not been mentioned anywhere. Noticing that there was also a "1/5" mission, I decided to play four more games. Turns out that it didn't end there, the game client now tells me that I have five games to go to get some more stuff. With the in-game mission descriptions being what they are, and the website description not mentioning anything of what is going on in the game, I have no idea whether I have actually done what I had to do for this countdown event, but screw that, I can't be bothered anymore :)

Edited by Lycopersicon, 01 March 2018 - 07:32 PM.

RamRaid90 #7 Posted 01 March 2018 - 07:30 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20535 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Heres what you do.

Just play. You will earn the missions as even the stupidest of plebs can do them.

SnowRelic #8 Posted 01 March 2018 - 07:47 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22820 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostRamRaid90, on 01 March 2018 - 07:30 PM, said:

Heres what you do.

Just play. You will earn the missions as even the stupidest of plebs can do them.

^ Universal guide to WoT missions. Deserves getting pinned. ^

Ryn1k #9 Posted 01 March 2018 - 08:31 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1617 battles

Thanks for the replies.

WG could learn something about interface user friendliness. I've played PC games actively for 22 years and never have I seen such a cluttered way to display tasks/missions/quests.

Lycopersicon #10 Posted 01 March 2018 - 09:21 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 10600 battles

View PostRyn1k, on 01 March 2018 - 09:31 PM, said:

Thanks for the replies.

WG could learn something about interface user friendliness. I've played PC games actively for 22 years and never have I seen such a cluttered way to display tasks/missions/quests.

Funny thing is that we used to have a really nice and clear in-game mission interface, but last year someone thought he absolutely had to redesign somethign, and chose the mission interface as his victim.

Edited by Lycopersicon, 01 March 2018 - 09:23 PM.

Balc0ra #11 Posted 02 March 2018 - 12:55 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64272 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostLycopersicon, on 01 March 2018 - 09:21 PM, said:

Funny thing is that we used to have a really nice and clear in-game mission interface, but last year someone thought he absolutely had to redesign somethign, and chose the mission interface as his victim.

Funny thing is that in the patch videos where these changes did occur. They said "the mission UI is nice and informative". So basically they admitted "it was not broken and it worked. So we fixed it and made it worse". Because looking nice is not all the mission UI has to do. As it don't always gets the messages across. As we see topics like this for missions and campaign all the time now, vs never before. Because WG thinks it's better to hide all the mission info behind 3 new windows you have to open to even know what tanks can do it, vs having all the info on one tab.

Coldspell #12 Posted 02 March 2018 - 04:54 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 18708 battles

View PostLycopersicon, on 01 March 2018 - 08:21 PM, said:

Yes someone at WG has a serious token fetish, instead of just completing a task or a part of a mission everything has to be a token??

Spurtung #13 Posted 02 March 2018 - 05:59 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 61571 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

Let me make it very simple.

Once, there were marathons for tier 8 tanks, where a number of kills and damage had to be done using tanks of each nation. Whenever a nation was completed there was a token representing the nation. All tokens, and you got the prize.

Then, they started selling tokens for those that wanted the prize but for some reason couldn't complete some nation(s).

Now, every bloody mission gets a token with an empty meaning which purpose is to make you cringe over how hollow devs can be.

I hope this helped.

Synopsis0 #14 Posted 02 March 2018 - 11:34 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 37600 battles
I dont even bother to understand the new interface with missions but i think they can and will make it more complicated.

Rati_Festa #15 Posted 02 March 2018 - 12:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41312 battles

I can very rarely understand the missions interface.

I've never failed to complete any though as others have noted most are beyond simple. I'm waiting for the press "W" key to complete this mission, although after playing most of yesterday some players would fail that ;)

Also tagged with obscure, enigma, level, sh*t

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users