Support tanks in Ranked, why would you play them?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

kiolvi #1 Posted 01 March 2018 - 11:16 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 49335 battles
  • [T-BAD] T-BAD

The topic says it all. In my mind I played pretty good matches with arties, light, leopard 1 etc... Did the thing that disrupted enemies plans. You know, supported. From rank 8 to 1 and not even a one chevron. I know I am not that good of a player who carries teams, but I many times felt that i supported the team the best I could. Now it just seems foolish. 

I have always enjoyed being part of the team, not the best, and mostly not the worst, but part of the team. Now. Just useless. 

Thanks ranked. You may support my failing sexual life with others. At the time, I can manage doing sex by myself.

Solstad1069 #2 Posted 01 March 2018 - 11:20 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 39958 battles

Whats the point of playing ranked anyway?

In random you get the 3-5-7 MM with your leopard, in ranked its all tier 10.

Aikl #3 Posted 01 March 2018 - 11:41 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25167 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostSolstad1069, on 01 March 2018 - 10:20 PM, said:

Whats the point of playing ranked anyway?

In random you get the 3-5-7 MM with your leopard, in ranked its all tier 10.

Support tanks should generally benefit from not being one of three tanks deciding the fate of your team. You tend to notice it when one team gets a Leopard and the other gets a 907, just like Grille vs. 268 v4. Of course, maps, situations, players, RNG, but still.

yun9 #4 Posted 01 March 2018 - 11:50 PM

Warrant Officer

• WGL PRO Player
  • 5105 battles
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN

Support tanks sort of suck in this meta. It's obviously an issue but it used to be the other way around. Final accuracy and viewrange were far a bigger deal back in 2013-2014. Tanks like the Leo 1 and E 50M were just insanely good because of how much vision games mattered. That's almost gone now so their advantage went away with it. Now armour is everything and I'm pretty sure it'll stay that way since the russians like that gameplay more. I personally feel like the game has been a consistent downgrade in gameplay but an upgrade in everything else so my advice is that you either get with the protocol and simply play the meta tanks or accept that the support role has already seen its glory days and accept that you won't do as well with them. 

The Leo1 especially suffers in tier 10. I think the biggest joke WG's ever made is saying that the Leo is balanced right now. It's literally the tier 10 tank that fares the worst out of any single T10 on two thirds of the map pool. But giving it a decent bloom or some turret armour would apparently break the tank and make it too OP :facepalm: 

Lohend #5 Posted 02 March 2018 - 08:54 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 44075 battles
Ranked rewards players on the front line, simple as that. You need to be where the exp is at. Support tanks like Leopard are not viable as there are tanks that can fight in front and support from far at same level as Leopard.
If you wanna play ranked you should have 1 of the META tanks you stick to. 
Primary option:
Type 5, Super Conq, Obj. 907, Obj. 268-4
Secondary option:
IS7, Obj. 140, Bat-Chat, CGC

Playing "other" tanks is not worth it. Some tanks are very map dependent, others are simply outclassed by meta tanks. In Leopard you are just exp pinata for enemy team.
"Balance in its finest"

FAME_skill4ltu #6 Posted 02 March 2018 - 09:14 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29890 battles
  • [FAME] FAME
dude i had a 10k spotting battle with t100 in ranked and didnt get a chevron for it cuz our arty did 5k dmg and 3 kills. ofc we lost that round  :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users