new suggestion battle mode developers

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Faranicius #1 Posted 02 March 2018 - 12:55 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 11270 battles
  • [134DC] 134DC

****************************************************************************************

SUGGESTIONS FOR DEVELOPERS - post your best ones here please!

****************************************************************************************

Hello, 

could not find a page for 'suggestions' to developers elsewhere, so I will post this here.

sorry if it's the wrong place.

SUBJECT: WILL YOU ADD HERE all your favorite SUGGESTIONS to be achieved in this wonderful game for further releases in the hope for some of them to be accomplished one day? 

Please post your contribute.

Thank you very much

:)

FARAXIUS SUGGESTIONS FOLLOW

1) can you introduce a new battle mode named "REALISM Battles" ?

Here are features: 

- highlighted contours colors

while this feature looks great on standard play as it helps you to better spot any tank half hidden behind trees or walls, in real battles it could have never applied of course.

It would be VERY VERY intriguing to force players interested in real battles to think on what they can really see with no suggestions from the game engine.

Some things should change to make this feature full coherent and worthy. 

- minimap

After setting OFF contour lights secondly get rid of minimap. That is another impossible thing in realism mode of course. Add rather a sound alert to simulate radio communication occurring there so that what you currently see in minimap is now told by speaker voice.

Currently we are all familiar with speaker telling you about tank damages and tank member health updates. Simply add a set of radio voices telling you in words what you usually see from minimap that is "IS-2 spotted near the lake, at 3:00 approaching approximated 400 meters away" or "large wing of enemy tanks approaching frontally 200 meters". 

- spotting enemy tanks

Add a "binoculars" feature..where the chief tanker opens up hatches and let you see around with binoculars...(exposing him to higher risk for injuries of course).

Informations you had from minimap now should come from your chief tanker looking from binoculars or hatches or periscope...nothing else, like in REAL tanks...

Now tank MGs also may play a role than never before in close range combat if a tanker puts his head out to have better vision around.

Sounds should also help spotting in addition...telling you about any fighting in your proximity or possible direction from where it occurs.

- damaged buildings

Also there can not be anymore buildings that can't be damaged since now...I should be able to damage ALL buildings, just make them less easy to collapse if in stones or bricks and add some minor damage to tanks behind walls or structures that collapse. Tanks may take some damage from damaging walls and structures if fired while being under of behind them.

- visibility

Tanks should be ALWAYS visible, so extend visual range to long distances, simply make the tank shapes confused but if there is something moving I need to know when I am staring at that direction!

It's not fair that I can see grass or buildings but can't see tanks moving even if distant!!!

- maps design

Current maps are designed to work with contour lights ON..hills, buildings nothing is random into current maps..but if you put contour lines OFF then you need to create maps that don't make players too mad in trying to spot enemy tanks. Maps should be SMALLER and natural barriers should be decreased allowing tanks to get more map maneuverability so to prevent too much camping style of gaming even if some camping may turn to be 'worthy' in some situations and ambushes will rule than ever before!

- camouflage

Camouflage would increase LOT of importance here  as well as engine sounds and fire sounds as they talk about tanks location.

- friendly fire

Do NOT cut off friendly fire...it's another crucial point. we will see much more esitation before firing a shot because we need to be VERY sure we recognized our target as an enemy one!!!!

friendly fire can not be cancelled in this mode..it's rather the contrary. Penalization of friendly fire should become more pursued (of course in terms of misunderstanding nature).

- reduced intelligence

No more video informations on enemy tank damages. Only taken damages have sense to be listened to from now to further from our tank crew...of course it should be improved the visible effects of damages on enemy tanks...but I should be anymore sure about all details I got with my shot at an enemy tank like now is.

And of course that means I would spend some more 'ammo' to be sure a tank has been really destroyed.

Destroying all enemy tanks is now an option to win a battle but not the main one anymore...since there will not be ANYMORE a right-hand column informing the player about how many enemy tanks are still there, what now really 'matters' is the occupation of enemy base or BASES that can now be more than one. Radio system may remind you how many enemy tanks have been signaled to be destroyed to let you imagine if your team is winning or not but you can't know exactly how many ENEMY tanks joined the battle. You can still see however how many tanks are alive in your team and their kills and status. We can consider it a sort of 'note' that the radio tanker makes available to tank commander. But in general a team should be unaware of how many different tanks has to face untill it spots them all....of course that information will set the type of that battle (assault, meeting engagement, advance and so on)(and the player can set options to avoid such occurence or not). Awards will change accordingly at the end of the battle.

Time counter when a tank captures an enemy base should NOT be ANYMORE be shown like now....if any tank of my team is around our base and spots enemy tanks occupying it then again a radio message to all tanks (in range with a working radio) can send a communication to our tank telling that our base number xx is under attack...but that info won't be given if NO friendly tank is around there!!!

-repairing tools

Most of repairing tools are great in random battles and arcade play...not so realistic for this kind of mode. Men's bleeding and then completely revived after a medikit are nice into Call of Duty world, not in realistic mode here. So I believe there should be NO chance for a 'fast' repair system like we are currently used to....so take care and do not go like a chicken running in to the battlefield in super God mode...tanks in real war didn't move that way. You must be cautious. Realistic mode is a kind of play for VERY veteran players! For a fast battle all other mods fit perfectly this need.

- battle length

Battle time should be 10 minutes no more 15..even 8...with smaller maps and less vegetation, unknown number of enemy tanks time is crucial to achieve victory even despite bad odds!

- side nationalities

and finally the most important one...I kept this at the end of the paragraph, but its importance is crucial...contour lines have been introduced to help you distinguish friend from foe tanks....if you get rid of them everybody understands that realistic battles MEAN realistic tank composition force for each team so putting together axis vs allies tanks...

so german, italian, swedish, japanese tanks should all stay in one team and only british, chineese, soviet, american and french tanks may form an opposite team for them, of course.

Quite interesting would be introducing a small amount of 'captured' tanks...of course with correct insignia like it happened in real war.

This way a player should LEARN tank shapes to better recognize them into realistic battles.

SUMMARY: REALISM BATTLES should be a custom selection like random battles are....something amusing older and veteran players currently easy with gameplay after thousands of battles.

the player who chooses this mode is aware that the challenge looks much harder...but that usually mean MUCH MORE EXCITING in most of the cases, especially to adult players, and especially more to those who play this game for their real interest in tanks and into world war II. 

Other players can still have lot of fun time in what currently WOT is.....a wonderful tank simulator.

The point is simply dear developers: you pushed the tank physics and graphics to an extent that some kind of TANK REALISM has now become MANDATORY...

;)

2) can you introduce another new battle mode named "HISTORICAL  Battles"?

Same issues than realism battles but now some options maybe selected to address matchmaking in order to create battles who can look much more historical than ever...not only 'realistic'...

that means no more german tanks from world war II can meet post-war tanks in the same battlefield as well as from the same side....just look to real historical battles and you now know which tanks can belong to a battlefield or not at the same time. I would never can see again german tanks together with japanese ones since this has never happened in history as far as I know...

But I can see maybe japanese vs soviet....or soviet + americans vs germans and so on...

Players can set boundaries for historical intervals and only tanks 'available' in that period may be allowed in matchmaking.

It may cost you some longer to wait for joining a battle....but you can simply reject if you are bored to wait or maybe select another tank which can have better chances to enter some battlefield!

Again this is a custom selected mode.  If you don't find it your best one you can step back to random battles quite easy!

It would be nice also trying to 'respect' some proportionality. Say if only 100 Marder II was produced during all wwII while 2000 Panthers were effective... that should be turned into a very low chances to join an historical battle with a Marder II in 1945..the player can choose a year and months and 'available tanks for that period only can join an historical battle. A sort of 'rarity' system next to historical  time availability to deny access to low produced tanks or prototypes.

Of course maps should now reflect what were real battlefield in wwii....Prokorovka, Berlin, Stalingrad, El Alamein, Carentan, Karkov and so on

No need to create thousands of them, just few...what matters is to finally see teams that may reflect real battlefields of wwII.

As for propotypes tanks just let the player decide if matchmaking should include them also. Of course those who are interested in pure realism will never meet them into battlefields.

3) can you FINALLY introduce italian tanks?

Italian tanks can not compete with soviet, us, british or german from late war on...of course...but on early war lot of them could easily deal with some british, french and japanese ones also quite well...

​They can be introduced as light and medium tanks. There is no serious reason not to introduce them once you introduced chinese, swedish or czech or polish tanks!!!!!!!!!!!!! really!

​Don't wish to add them now? no problem, but there should be ONE DAY for them to come in....can you see it??

What's more there is plenty of informations about them in the web...

​And of course there may be lot of italian players INTERESTED in playing their own motherland tanks...why not??

​just to make you an example, look it at here: http://www.tanks-enc...alian_Tanks.php

4) can you introduce new battle items?

game engine makes you play ONLY with tanks...I expect that from a game whose name is WORLD OF TANKS of course...

but...the only 'variety' of gameplay currently relies on tanks and artillery....there are players like me who really played thousands of battles ranging from 20 maps and 30 -40 tanks only....I will gladly play another 10.000 battles again in this wonderful game...but...why not introducing also new items to play with?? trucks, tractors, halftracks, anti-tank guns...each with specific MINOR missions to be played into a battlefield and tanks 'interacting' with them as masters of the battlefield!...why not??...no need to change this game too much...but it would be really nice to have a chance sometimes to drive a truck for carrying some wrecked tank back to retreat zone so that the player who lost that tank will spend less in reparation costs and me getting some medal for succesfully recovering a wrecked tank...or trucks to bring some ammo somewhere once time only then retreat back to retreat hexes..and so on....to play some bunker with anti.tank gun....why not? there is no limit to imagination without making radical changes to this game philosophy!!

New players may not be interested (and maybe allowed) to have all of such available at once, not to distract them too much from completing a good technological tank tree.....but think to older players who are not interested in campaigns...missions are a GREAT innovation....in this game design...but there is room also for more :)

Any one else would like to add some other new ideas?

Please add and thanks for reading till here!

Homer_J #2 Posted 02 March 2018 - 01:01 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28132 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

If you want to play a different game then play a different game.

Realism mode: No, it's an arcade game.

Historical mode: We tried this, everyone wanted to play Tiger II, nobody wanted to be the PzIII supporting him, even less wanted to be the M4 on the other team.

As for your final suggestion, why would you want to play as a fixed AT gun when you can be a mobile TD?

Faranicius #3 Posted 02 March 2018 - 01:38 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 11270 battles
  • [134DC] 134DC

Fifa or GTA are 'different' game in my opinion and sometimes I play those titles :)

Realism term was my way to show a concept ( I am not english mother tongue, sorry), maybe there may be better terms for it...indeed to make a true realistic tank simulator then you should rarely look outside your tank, rarely engaging enemy tanks so close...and so on...thus WOT will still keep on staying into the arcade  cathegory, simply emphasizing a more challenging approach to the game. You should agree that green/red lines helps you a lot to even distinguish a hittable region of a tank much beyond what you can simply 'see'...right? that said green and red lines work fine for me, but I would feel excited also being given the chance to suppress them. that simple..

Historical mode: I talked to add a rarity concept also. If germans produced more Pz III E than any other tank it simply mean that a player with a Tiger II would wait much longer to join  a battle than someone else who  chooses a Pz III E...

Also a player who sets battle year in 1941 and month 'january' will never meet a Tiger II for sure...point is simple: Tiger II was introduced to manage specific heavy soviet tanks...if you have one you also have the second. Of course you are right when talking about US tanks...americans relied more in air artillery than equivalent tanks if compared to deal with Tigers II....but Tigers II were not so many on the road...and not present everywhere. So choosing 1943 and a northafrika map means US tankers won't ever meet any Tiger II for sure too...and some sherman tanks were given ammo type sufficient to kill Tigers in some cases....since I also talked about 'different' numbers, developers have lot of options to balance things...

for instance allowing a Tiger into a North africa battle may enable 5 shermans more to be available from US side..so you have what really happened...one Tiger dealing with many opponents. WOT plays mostly close range battles where Tiger lost most of its advantage against us numbers and close ranges. Wittman died for a Sherman firefly hit...I stated clearly that teams may be formed by different numbers of players occasionally.

To answer your last question I have to quit WOT for a moment. Reason for a fixed AT ? well...same that sometimes makes you be madly attracted by a one night stand with an ugly woman despite  being married with a top model for so many yeeeeears..

:P:P:P 

In general my suggestions do not mean I do not appreciate this game.

Who is talking here is a gamer who played 11.000 battles...of course there is people (like you) who did twice...even though you are a more experience player than me, 11.000 battles and all the money I spent for this game

surely mean I appreciate this game a lot...and I humbly believe also allow me to make some suggestions and so I did

:P

Nevertheless, thanks for your reply and to all which will follow 

;)

:)

Edited by Faranicius, 02 March 2018 - 01:43 AM.

Homer_J #4 Posted 02 March 2018 - 04:02 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28132 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostFaranicius, on 02 March 2018 - 12:38 AM, said:

that said green and red lines work fine for me, but I would feel excited also being given the chance to suppress them. that simple..

Press V, have all the excitement you want.

Faranicius #5 Posted 02 March 2018 - 08:02 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 11270 battles
  • [134DC] 134DC
the V key would work the exciting way you suggested if ALL do the same at the same time of course :P:)

Faranicius #6 Posted 11 March 2018 - 10:10 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 11270 battles
  • [134DC] 134DC

3) can you FINALLY introduce italian tanks?

https://worldoftanks.../italian_tanks/

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWW

WOWOWOOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOOWOWOWOWOWOWOOWOWOWOWOOWOWOWOOWWWOOW

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWOWOWOWOWOOWOWWOOWOWOWOWOWOOWOWOWOWOOWOWOWOWOWOOWOWOWOW

:harp::harp::harp::harp::harp::harp::harp::harp::harp::harp::harp::harp::harp:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users