T25/2 is actually good.

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Tinom5 #1 Posted 02 March 2018 - 09:40 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9651 battles
  • [STAR-] STAR-
Yesterday a person on the youtube comments was amazed how could i like the t25/2 when its one of the worst tanks ingame. So since i havent played in months (laptop crashed and PC is out too). So what makes me like the t25/2 ? I didnt expect much from it when i researched it after loving the m18 hellcat but i was suprised ( in a positive way ) of its slowish speed bulky look and sort of realistic handling ( again from the slow speed and bad stock engine ) and so far i cant remmeber the upgrades i did before the laptop crashed but it wasnt the gun. OH and the stock gun i love it. I love american tanks in general really good for eveything, even though i started the Chinese Tecg Tree first (thinking it was russian but eh i saw a red and yellow flag), then i corrected myself to the USSR tech tree and alot of others but so far the americans are very nice for me. The t25/2 is supposed to be crapand probably is but i somehow said how i like the realistic slow movement of everyhing and the gun is decent i hope that the second gun ( with the amazing 10 + mm pen this was sarcastic ) isnt gonna ruin the vibe for me. Like i just wanted to say that its a decent tank and that i like it :)

Azgabast #2 Posted 02 March 2018 - 09:47 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 18752 battles

Hello,

I understand you. I played this tank some time ago (probably 2014) while on the road to my first t10, the t110e4.

After ~159 games, the final winrate is well above 62%. One might argue that this is not a big enough amount of battles though.

The gun is decent, albeit a bit lacking in the penetration department.

Being a turreted td, it works well with camo net + binos.

Being American, it gets the nice 10 degrees of gun depression specific to this nation.

Being slow-ish, you rarely find yourself in the front lines before others, so it actually helps you survive more.

It's been an ok tank when I played it. I'm not sure how well it would fare nowadays though.

Have a nice weekend!

lord_chipmonk #3 Posted 02 March 2018 - 11:58 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33952 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-
Not sure I'd go as far as to call it good, but I do think it gets a worse rep than deserved. 

vasilinhorulezz #4 Posted 02 March 2018 - 12:07 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22813 battles

It's a TD without a TD gun,

and a medium tank, without medium tank mobility.

So, it is actually pretty bad,

bad tank doesn't really mean that you won't have fun in it.

I do like my Sheridan, although for a light it's probably not good, bad camo and maybe lacking a bit in mobility.

I did have fun playing the EVEN 90, although stat wise it looks actually pretty bad.

And I could rant for more but, I guess you get the point.

Liking a tank, and it being good are two different things.

lord_chipmonk #5 Posted 02 March 2018 - 12:26 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33952 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-

You could also phrase it as a medium with reduced mobility and increased firepower. Or a TD with decreased firepower but increased mobility. Not saying ti is good, and it has been power crept, but I don't think it is terrible.  

Search_Warrant #6 Posted 02 March 2018 - 12:30 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 27201 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD
Its good (only in your opinion maybe) as for the rest of the sane people, its crap.  Jpanther is better in every aspect minus a turret.

TungstenHitman #7 Posted 02 March 2018 - 12:54 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22259 battles
I will say this, there are universally accepted good tanks and bad tanks with some "hmmmmm..." tanks in between, fine. However some of the "bad" tanks are perfect for over enthusiastic players that would normally take a fast or very good tank and get themselves in trouble early on and have a bad game. A slow tank forces a player to arrive a little bit later than teammates usually and at this point the enemies are now scouted and probably engaged with teammates so for this TD, slow can be good and arrive at this perfect moment to engage preoccupied enemies and with a better understanding of the unfolding battlefield whereas if they used the "good" tank that is faster like or better armor or whatever, they are first to be spotted and first to be killed, so a "bad tank" can actually be a very good tank for certain players I believe. :) 

JocMeister #8 Posted 02 March 2018 - 01:01 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 23409 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostTinom5, on 02 March 2018 - 09:40 AM, said:

Yesterday a person on the youtube comments was amazed how could i like the t25/2 when its one of the worst tanks ingame. So since i havent played in months (laptop crashed and PC is out too). So what makes me like the t25/2 ? I didnt expect much from it when i researched it after loving the m18 hellcat but i was suprised ( in a positive way ) of its slowish speed bulky look and sort of realistic handling ( again from the slow speed and bad stock engine ) and so far i cant remmeber the upgrades i did before the laptop crashed but it wasnt the gun. OH and the stock gun i love it. I love american tanks in general really good for eveything, even though i started the Chinese Tecg Tree first (thinking it was russian but eh i saw a red and yellow flag), then i corrected myself to the USSR tech tree and alot of others but so far the americans are very nice for me. The t25/2 is supposed to be crapand probably is but i somehow said how i like the realistic slow movement of everyhing and the gun is decent i hope that the second gun ( with the amazing 10 + mm pen this was sarcastic ) isnt gonna ruin the vibe for me. Like i just wanted to say that its a decent tank and that i like it :)

I have to STRONGLY disagree with this.

It is actually one of the worst tanks in the game. As some has already mentioned its kind of a hybrid between a TD and MT. And its absolutely awful at both. It has no strong point at all bar perhaps the depression which actually isn´t that amazing any more. The gun is absolutely dreadful. Awful PEN and probably one of the most trollish guns in the game. And with that PEN and alpha you can´t afford a trollish gun. Mobility is absolutely disgusting on a platform with that horrible gun. Track traverse and turret traverse are absolutely dreadful.

The tank needs a strong point. Something that offsets that the rest is horrible. It needs either mobility OR a gun that isnt so damned bad. 

I would rather play the Hellcat as it is now at tier 7 then the T25/2. At least it has speed and only 10 less PEN won´t make a difference.

Edited by JocMeister, 02 March 2018 - 01:02 PM.

BicycleOfDeath #9 Posted 02 March 2018 - 01:32 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 15703 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L
This was my first tier 7, I have 1,160 games in it and I love it (but it took me a few hundred games to get used to it). With a 5 skill crew the gun is very accurate. Like everyone said it doesn't excel at anything but the strength of the tank is its flexibility. You can play half a game as a TD and then go MT mode if it's needed to back up your team for example. To me it has quite peculiar gameplay when played as a medium, you kind of have to play as a 2nd line support, let stronger mediums take shots and pop out for quick damage. People tend to not see you as a threat, work that to your advantage. The only thing I would change about the tank is maybe a slight buff to gun mantlet armor.

Dava_117 #10 Posted 02 March 2018 - 01:39 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19508 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Not only it doesn't have a TD gun (man, at least give it 200 pen! Even using APCR!), doesn't have mobility and doesn't have armour no more. It also makes T28proto grind even worst, because you have a tier 6 gun on a tier 8!

Edited by Dava_117, 02 March 2018 - 01:43 PM.

lord_chipmonk #11 Posted 02 March 2018 - 01:42 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33952 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-

View PostDava_117, on 02 March 2018 - 01:39 PM, said:

Not only it doesn't have a TD gun (man, at least give it 200 pen! Even using APCR!), doesn't have mobility and doesn't have armour no more. It makes T28proto grind even worst, because you have a tier 6 gun on a tier 8!

Yeah, to anybody going to play through the prot, I strongly recommend either:

1) Free xp at least the 105 

or

2) Play the non-turreted US TD line first at least until you have unlocked the 105 on the T25AT. 

Dava_117 #12 Posted 02 March 2018 - 01:44 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19508 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postlord_chipmonk, on 02 March 2018 - 01:42 PM, said:

Yeah, to anybody going to play through the prot, I strongly recommend either:

1) Free xp at least the 105 

or

2) Play the non-turreted US TD line first at least until you have unlocked the 105 on the T25AT. 

Agree, in fact I'm gettong free exp to finish this pain as soon as I can. 

lord_chipmonk #13 Posted 02 March 2018 - 01:57 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33952 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-

View PostDava_117, on 02 March 2018 - 01:44 PM, said:

Agree, in fact I'm gettong free exp to finish this pain as soon as I can. 

Similar story with the ST-I grind; get the BL-9 from the IS-3 first if you can. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users