Jump to content


Finally got teamkilled


  • Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

WindSplitter1 #1 Posted 03 March 2018 - 03:49 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 14295 battles
  • 1,720
  • [RYNO] RYNO
  • Member since:
    02-07-2016

Took 1410 battles in SPGs for [he that shalt not be named]  teamkill me at the start of a match.

 

The joker even factored in the cheapest shell to do the job because "arty and those who play it are scum". I can understand the hate but going through those links to remove a player of your own team for it? OK.

 

Obviously, it was a 3K+ WN8 from Xbox servers. F

 

I am not mad. Even made a profit. Although this behaviour will go unpunished. And that's what bothers me.

 

Team damage will be removed apparently. And that might end the teamkillings between other classes too.

 

But I'm afraid that will only create another problem that is players like these, that aren't bothered by losing WN8 or a match by putting themselves in front of a gun in order to block it. Which is something the report function won't parse. Neither will do any good to report it to support.

 

 

 

 

Spoiler

 

Spoiler

 



Alidore #2 Posted 03 March 2018 - 03:53 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 10652 battles
  • 218
  • [EMB3R] EMB3R
  • Member since:
    10-13-2013

Edited

 

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks and promoting rule violation.


Edited by VMX, 04 March 2018 - 12:16 PM.


Renesco #3 Posted 03 March 2018 - 04:34 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 20020 battles
  • 311
  • [SOBAD] SOBAD
  • Member since:
    10-08-2010
It's hard to believe that there are actually worse creaturas out there than the people on the Euro servers, but there is and they're called console gamers.

Tinbawx #4 Posted 03 March 2018 - 05:25 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 14709 battles
  • 1,199
  • [SNOB] SNOB
  • Member since:
    01-31-2011

Rly? You make a thread because you got tk´d once in 1.4k battles?

 

Removing team damage won´t do anything against griefers. Might save you if someone gets randomly triggered and that´s it. And WG gets it wrong, it´s gonna get very annoying.

 

Tk´ers will just block people which imo is far more annoying, Arty will shoot into brawls, Edited. The preferred arty tk method, barrel blocking, is probably still going to work, unless they remove self damage aswell.

Or they just remove team damage from normal tanks, in which case griefers will play arty.

 

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to swearing. 

 

 


Edited by VMX, 04 March 2018 - 12:30 PM.


Stohne #5 Posted 03 March 2018 - 06:36 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 26883 battles
  • 167
  • Member since:
    04-15-2017

View PostWindSplitter1, on 03 March 2018 - 03:49 AM, said:

Took 1410 battles in SPGs for [he that shalt not be named]  teamkill me at the start of a match.

 

The joker even factored in the cheapest shell to do the job because "arty and those who play it are scum". I can understand the hate but going through those links to remove a player of your own team for it? OK.

 

Obviously, it was a 3K+ WN8 from Xbox servers. F

 

I am not mad. Even made a profit. Although this behaviour will go unpunished. And that's what bothers me.

 

Team damage will be removed apparently. And that might end the teamkillings between other classes too.

 

But I'm afraid that will only create another problem that is players like these, that aren't bothered by losing WN8 or a match by putting themselves in front of a gun in order to block it. Which is something the report function won't parse. Neither will do any good to report it to support.

 

 

 

 

Spoiler

 

Spoiler

 

 

I get team shot by arty quite often when I jump an opponent in my AMX.

 

I often have to use my repair kit and med kit when it happens.

And then a lame "sry".

 

If you shoot at an enemy with a circling friendly AMX, it's not a mistake.

I play arty for missions, and it's not hard to fire in a way to avoid team damage.

So personally I think teamkills by arty "by mistake" should be severely punished.



yun9 #6 Posted 03 March 2018 - 06:44 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • WGL PRO Player
  • 5080 battles
  • 504
  • Member since:
    12-21-2012
There's a console forum for console gameplay btw

LordMuffin #7 Posted 03 March 2018 - 08:33 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 47010 battles
  • 10,018
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    06-21-2011

View PostWindSplitter1, on 03 March 2018 - 03:49 AM, said:

Took 1410 battles in SPGs for [he that shalt not be named]  teamkill me at the start of a match.

 

The joker even factored in the cheapest shell to do the job because "arty and those who play it are scum". I can understand the hate but going through those links to remove a player of your own team for it? OK.

 

Obviously, it was a 3K+ WN8 from Xbox servers. F

 

I am not mad. Even made a profit. Although this behaviour will go unpunished. And that's what bothers me.

 

Team damage will be removed apparently. And that might end the teamkillings between other classes too.

 

But I'm afraid that will only create another problem that is players like these, that aren't bothered by losing WN8 or a match by putting themselves in front of a gun in order to block it. Which is something the report function won't parse. Neither will do any good to report it to support.

 

 

 

 

Spoiler

 

Spoiler

 

Only if arty players got banned for shooting team mates....



Solstad1069 #8 Posted 03 March 2018 - 09:15 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 38861 battles
  • 2,880
  • Member since:
    06-15-2013
Just move on, next battle is under 1 minute away and then you can enjoy 1400 of them without any problems.

Chopchopchop #9 Posted 03 March 2018 - 09:15 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 52005 battles
  • 688
  • [IDI0T] IDI0T
  • Member since:
    08-04-2013

The same if team push a smaller tank into enemy line. 

If the players are higher damage dealer, the account let them get away even more. If you able to contact support(by pass their filter) , still they will tell you the "system" won't let them do anything about it.

 

 


Edited by Chopchopchop, 05 March 2018 - 05:29 PM.


NUKLEAR_SLUG #10 Posted 03 March 2018 - 09:27 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 26618 battles
  • 1,616
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015
No matter how much you may hate arty it takes a truly special kind of stupid to think that shooting the arty on your own team is going to somehow stop the enemy arty from bombing the crap out of you.

TacticusMK2 #11 Posted 03 March 2018 - 09:33 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 15671 battles
  • 590
  • [DUAL] DUAL
  • Member since:
    02-09-2014

View PostWindSplitter1, on 03 March 2018 - 03:49 AM, said:

Took 1410 battles in SPGs for [he that shalt not be named]  teamkill me at the start of a match.

 

The joker even factored in the cheapest shell to do the job because "arty and those who play it are scum". I can understand the hate but going through those links to remove a player of your own team for it? OK.

 

Obviously, it was a 3K+ WN8 from Xbox servers. F

 

I am not mad. Even made a profit. Although this behaviour will go unpunished. And that's what bothers me.

 

Team damage will be removed apparently. And that might end the teamkillings between other classes too.

 

But I'm afraid that will only create another problem that is players like these, that aren't bothered by losing WN8 or a match by putting themselves in front of a gun in order to block it. Which is something the report function won't parse. Neither will do any good to report it to support.

 

 

 

 

Spoiler

 

Spoiler

 

 

Arty are there for me?

 

Yesterday I got team killed by arty once on my WZ 111 5A, because i was face hugging some Obj heavy (I was winning, up until the moment I lost 400+ hp, 2 modules, my commander and loader).

And once on my Schwarzpanzer 58, while circling a E100. Hilarious part is that I got killed by the GW Panther of my team about 3~4 sec. AFTER I killed the E100. Ofcourse it was MY fault to be so close to the E100 and i deserved to die. According to the player in question.

 

Your average arty player doesnt really give a crack about the team, they care about splash numbers. I've seen 2 of our lights fight 1 enemy light yesterday, guess which light's got rekked by our arty when he tried to "help" them?

 

 



HeidenSieker #12 Posted 03 March 2018 - 10:20 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 10046 battles
  • 4,396
  • Member since:
    03-26-2016
The number of really stupid replies to a quite valid complaint is very telling. Should these fools be TK'd at the start of a game, the crying, whining and outrage would I'm sure be extraordinary.

Noo_Noo #13 Posted 03 March 2018 - 10:46 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 21559 battles
  • 2,029
  • Member since:
    05-05-2013

Huge shame.

 

Arty has never TK'd me in my 20+k battles either. No never happened because I wont post a replay of it.



TungstenHitman #14 Posted 03 March 2018 - 12:57 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 18619 battles
  • 3,453
  • [TKSV] TKSV
  • Member since:
    08-28-2016

Edited.  Otherwise, reducing your teams chances of winning for an opinion is just stupid and will not change the enemy arty from hitting you nor will it stop players from using SPG. Luckily when I used SPG for 2 sets of PM I never had any grief, not once, much to my surprise and was the opposite experience. I worked with the team and it was clear most players new the potential game changer SPG brings on open maps and would request areas and targets to be focused on to me, I would paint the target area, they would say "affirmative" so I nuke the area and they attack the stunned targets or they say "negative" in which case I hold my shot or target something else. 

    If a player want to play an SPG or a light tank or a TD or whatever, that's their choice, it's a game option and they are entitled to do so regardless of what one player feels. I will rant during battles now and then but I don't change that opinion, a player can play whatever they like, however they like... even if it's a vehicle class you might not like or played in a way you do not agree with, it's their choice. I'm more concerned about lack of teamwork during battles than SPG or whatever.. the headless chicken syndrome or flocking sheep that all stop for just one enemy tank, now THAT is annoying lol.

 

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to promoting rule violation.


Edited by VMX, 04 March 2018 - 01:17 PM.


NUKLEAR_SLUG #15 Posted 03 March 2018 - 01:31 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 26618 battles
  • 1,616
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015

View PostTungstenHitman, on 03 March 2018 - 12:57 PM, said:

Edited

 

One of the few times I'd agree with TK'ing someone. At that point they're more harmful to your team alive than not.

 

Generally tho arty is no different to any other class. You can play arty like a moron and hurt your own team with stupid shots or you can provide good fire support at crucial times and help a push. You can play your E100 like a moron and glue your arse to the red line or you can use your momentum to be instrumental in pushing a flank.


Edited by VMX, 04 March 2018 - 01:31 PM.


CptBarney #16 Posted 03 March 2018 - 01:43 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 18915 battles
  • 3,915
  • [-WR--] -WR--
  • Member since:
    12-09-2013
never understood why people think it's intelligent to remove a tank on your own team, mind you arty wouldn't be the only spg since the su-152 and isu-152 are technically spg's as well but aren't classified in game as such.

RamRaid90 #17 Posted 03 March 2018 - 01:55 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 19683 battles
  • 5,852
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 03 March 2018 - 08:27 AM, said:

No matter how much you may hate arty it takes a truly special kind of stupid to think that shooting the arty on your own team is going to somehow stop the enemy arty from bombing the crap out of you.

 

I think some of them genuinely believe that removing your own arty will encourage a like-minded cretin on the opposite team to do the same.

TacticusMK2 #18 Posted 03 March 2018 - 02:00 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 15671 battles
  • 590
  • [DUAL] DUAL
  • Member since:
    02-09-2014

View PostTungstenHitman, on 03 March 2018 - 12:57 PM, said:

Edited  Otherwise, reducing your teams chances of winning for an opinion is just stupid and will not change the enemy arty from hitting you nor will it stop players from using SPG. Luckily when I used SPG for 2 sets of PM I never had any grief, not once, much to my surprise and was the opposite experience. I worked with the team and it was clear most players new the potential game changer SPG brings on open maps and would request areas and targets to be focused on to me, I would paint the target area, they would say "affirmative" so I nuke the area and they attack the stunned targets or they say "negative" in which case I hold my shot or target something else. 

    If a player want to play an SPG or a light tank or a TD or whatever, that's their choice, it's a game option and they are entitled to do so regardless of what one player feels. I will rant during battles now and then but I don't change that opinion, a player can play whatever they like, however they like... even if it's a vehicle class you might not like or played in a way you do not agree with, it's their choice. I'm more concerned about lack of teamwork during battles than SPG or whatever.. the headless chicken syndrome or flocking sheep that all stop for just one enemy tank, now THAT is annoying lol.

 

  Done the same once, for the same reason. Would do again without hesitation. 

Edited by VMX, 04 March 2018 - 01:32 PM.


arthurwellsley #19 Posted 03 March 2018 - 02:16 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 50487 battles
  • 2,506
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
  • Member since:
    05-11-2011

OP have you considered that the player in question may have spent a number of previous games taking damage from his spg team mates? The problem with spgs on your own team is unlike enemy spgs they can always see you. Therefore he carefully calculated that the amount of damage he would recieve from friendly fire spgs during clutch endgame situations, weighed against any possible value that they might add to the team during the game, and reached the possibly logical conclusion that it would cost the team less to eliminate the risk of friendly fire damage at the beginning.

 

I would expect that if WG goes ahead and remove friendly fire damage from the game it will become less necessary to eliminate own team spgs at the beginning. However, until then there is a cost benefit analysis to be considered by good players at the beginning of each match, considering such factors as; (a) their own skill level, (b) the tank that they are in, (c.) the map, (d) the enemy line up, (e) the spg on their own team (whether it has a larger or smaller splash radius), and (f) the skill level of the own team spg player. After considering all those factors a quick HE shell at the beginning may assist the team in winning.

 

Personally I have never killed an own team spg at the beginning of a battle, but there have been a few games when I have been sorely tempted to drive back and HE one who has damaged and stunned me more than twice. So far I have resisted that temptation as well.


Edited by arthurwellsley, 03 March 2018 - 02:18 PM.


TheWarrener #20 Posted 03 March 2018 - 02:17 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 2040 battles
  • 331
  • Member since:
    10-31-2017
Do you have some personal vendetta against people who don't enjoy getting crapon by no skill broken class




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users