Jump to content


Fair play and mods


  • Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

herodotas #1 Posted 03 March 2018 - 01:36 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 27868 battles
  • 36
  • Member since:
    09-09-2012

I dont know, how many players use vanilla client, but I’m one of them. I wonder how fair are(legal) mods for me and other vanilla players, because some make huge advantage for user:

- Gun direction on minimap - huge advantage,because you dont see enemydirectly, but know where gun is turned.

- Arcade camera zoom - you see far more like in vanilla and can use autoaim in modes impossible in vanilla.

- Direction to closest enemy - no vaste time for looking in minimap.

- Skins with tanks crew and modules places - huge advantage, i cant find official info about that and cant learn. And how to learn that for current count of tanks in game?

 

Its just few mods... How fair it is WG?



Dava_117 #2 Posted 03 March 2018 - 01:50 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 17581 battles
  • 2,182
  • [B-BAS] B-BAS
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

View Postherodotas, on 03 March 2018 - 01:36 PM, said:

I dont know, how many players use vanilla client, but I’m one of them. I wonder how fair are(legal) mods for me and other vanilla players, because some make huge advantage for user:

- Gun direction on minimap - huge advantage,because you dont see enemydirectly, but know where gun is turned. Illegal

- Arcade camera zoom - you see far more like in vanilla and can use autoaim in modes impossible in vanilla. If you can engage autoaim in place where you can't in vanilla it's illegal

- Direction to closest enemy - no vaste time for looking in minimap. Don't know but looks illegal to me

- Skins with tanks crew and modules places This kind of mod is illegal- huge advantage, i cant find official info about that and cant learn. And how to learn that for current count of tanks in game?

Check armour inspector on internet. It shows the location of a lot of module, so you can learn it and know where to aim.

Its just few mods... How fair it is WG?

 

Most of the mod you said are indeed illegal. You can be banned for using them.


Edited by Dava_117, 03 March 2018 - 01:51 PM.


Hedgehog_small_tanks #3 Posted 03 March 2018 - 01:53 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 698 battles
  • 148
  • Member since:
    12-28-2012

View PostDava_117, on 03 March 2018 - 12:50 PM, said:

 

Most of the mod you said are indeed illegal. You can be banned for using them.

 

  Nope.

RamRaid90 #4 Posted 03 March 2018 - 01:59 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 19672 battles
  • 5,847
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

View PostDava_117, on 03 March 2018 - 12:50 PM, said:

 

Most of the mod you said are indeed illegal. You can be banned for using them.

 

Nope. Not a single one of those mods is illegal.

 

Gun direction mod is fine as long as it only shows on the minimap tanks within your render range.

 

Zoom out mod is perfectly legal, offers no significant advantage and actually is a real pain in the rear when fighting in cities or close quarters.

 

Tanks spotted direction indicator is fine.

 

Module and crew skins are perfectly legal. Any semi-competent player will know the basics of where to aim for engine, ammo rack, driver, commander etc anyway and it doesn't offer any advantage. Just because you can see where the ammo rack is located, doesn't mean you can damage it.



CmdRatScabies #5 Posted 03 March 2018 - 02:10 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 35178 battles
  • 3,542
  • Member since:
    10-12-2015

View PostDava_117, on 03 March 2018 - 01:50 PM, said:

 

Most of the mod you said are indeed illegal. You can be banned for using them.

 

You need to brush up on what's legal & illegal.  Wrong on every one.

Shivva #6 Posted 03 March 2018 - 02:14 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 29175 battles
  • 1,909
  • [J_A_G] J_A_G
  • Member since:
    05-20-2012

View PostDava_117, on 03 March 2018 - 12:50 PM, said:

None Most of the mods you said are indeed illegal. You cannot can be banned for using them. Sorry I'm a tool who just spouts nonsense.

 

FTFY.

8126Jakobsson #7 Posted 03 March 2018 - 02:22 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 61018 battles
  • 2,574
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014

View PostRamRaid90, on 03 March 2018 - 01:59 PM, said:

 

Nope. Not a single one of those mods is illegal.

 

Gun direction mod is fine as long as it only shows on the minimap tanks within your render range.

 

Zoom out mod is perfectly legal, offers no significant advantage and actually is a real pain in the rear when fighting in cities or close quarters.

 

Tanks spotted direction indicator is fine.

 

Module and crew skins are perfectly legal. Any semi-competent player will know the basics of where to aim for engine, ammo rack, driver, commander etc anyway and it doesn't offer any advantage. Just because you can see where the ammo rack is located, doesn't mean you can damage it.

 

​Whit a zoom out mod I can look where tanks behind stuff are aiming. With gun direction mod I don't have to. Both of them offer an advantage and should not be regarded as "fine". 

jabster #8 Posted 03 March 2018 - 02:29 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12516 battles
  • 21,682
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View Post8126Jakobsson, on 03 March 2018 - 01:22 PM, said:

 

​Whit a zoom out mod I can look where tanks behind stuff are aiming. With gun direction mod I don't have to. Both of them offer an advantage and should not be regarded as "fine". 

 

But WG do regard them as fine and they get to decide the rules, not you or me.

8126Jakobsson #9 Posted 03 March 2018 - 02:41 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 61018 battles
  • 2,574
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014

View Postjabster, on 03 March 2018 - 02:29 PM, said:

 

But WG do regard them as fine and they get to decide the rules, not you or me.

 

I apologize for expressing my opinion on this matter.

DracheimFlug #10 Posted 03 March 2018 - 02:55 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 8925 battles
  • 3,720
  • Member since:
    11-13-2014

View Postjabster, on 03 March 2018 - 02:29 PM, said:

 

But WG do regard them as fine and they get to decide the rules, not you or me.

 

Have they actually put in a formal location listing what is deemed legit? Or are we still treating things said in some informal thread months or years ago as gospel?

jabster #11 Posted 03 March 2018 - 02:59 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12516 battles
  • 21,682
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View Post8126Jakobsson, on 03 March 2018 - 01:41 PM, said:

 

I apologize for expressing my opinion on this matter.

 

No need to apologise as WG’s rules on allowed or not can seem somewhat arbitrary. In the end though they get to decide.

Warzey #12 Posted 03 March 2018 - 03:00 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • WGL PRO Player
  • 56221 battles
  • 795
  • [XEQTE] XEQTE
  • Member since:
    04-29-2011

View PostDracheimFlug, on 03 March 2018 - 01:55 PM, said:

 

Have they actually put in a formal location listing what is deemed legit? Or are we still treating things said in some informal thread months or years ago as gospel?

 

Well there is a new site with official wg approved mods, so you can assume that everything downloaded from there is legal.

RamRaid90 #13 Posted 03 March 2018 - 03:01 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 19672 battles
  • 5,847
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

View Post8126Jakobsson, on 03 March 2018 - 01:41 PM, said:

 

I apologize for expressing my opinion on this matter.

 

May well be your opinion, however it's still irrelevent.

 

They are not illegal, nor are they deemed to give any significant advantage.



DracheimFlug #14 Posted 03 March 2018 - 03:26 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 8925 battles
  • 3,720
  • Member since:
    11-13-2014

View PostWarzey, on 03 March 2018 - 03:00 PM, said:

 

Well there is a new site with official wg approved mods, so you can assume that everything downloaded from there is legal.

 

A page that does not seem linked from EU, and says nothing about anything being WG tested or specifically approved. You can buy all sorts of things from EBay. Does that mean Ebay guarantees every such sale to be legal?

Enforcer1975 #15 Posted 03 March 2018 - 03:29 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 18361 battles
  • 9,842
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-04-2014

View PostDracheimFlug, on 03 March 2018 - 03:26 PM, said:

 

A page that does not seem linked from EU, and says nothing about anything being WG tested or specifically approved. You can buy all sorts of things from EBay. Does that mean Ebay guarantees every such sale to be legal?

 

What do you mean by not linked from EU?



Warzey #16 Posted 03 March 2018 - 03:33 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • WGL PRO Player
  • 56221 battles
  • 795
  • [XEQTE] XEQTE
  • Member since:
    04-29-2011

View PostDracheimFlug, on 03 March 2018 - 02:26 PM, said:

 

A page that does not seem linked from EU, and says nothing about anything being WG tested or specifically approved. You can buy all sorts of things from EBay. Does that mean Ebay guarantees every such sale to be legal?

 

Well they did have a trailer on their official EU youtube channel, that's official enough for me. 

DracheimFlug #17 Posted 03 March 2018 - 03:38 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 8925 battles
  • 3,720
  • Member since:
    11-13-2014

View PostEnforcer1975, on 03 March 2018 - 03:29 PM, said:

 

What do you mean by not linked from EU?

 

I said 'does not seem to be.' I could not find any link to it from the main page...... 

Dava_117 #18 Posted 03 March 2018 - 03:39 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 17581 battles
  • 2,182
  • [B-BAS] B-BAS
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

View PostRamRaid90, on 03 March 2018 - 01:59 PM, said:

Gun direction mod is fine 

Module and crew skins are perfectly legal. 

 

But also for the other who quoted me:

Are you sure about this mod in particular? I remember a thread during fall ban wave, where it was stated that both the turret direction indicator and module skins where considered illegal.


Edited by Dava_117, 03 March 2018 - 03:40 PM.


ThebaldEagle #19 Posted 03 March 2018 - 03:41 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 750 battles
  • 364
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014

View PostDracheimFlug, on 03 March 2018 - 03:38 PM, said:

 

I said 'does not seem to be.' I could not find any link to it from the main page...... 

 

Maby look a bit better 

https://worldoftanks...b-announcement/


Edited by ThebaldEagle, 03 March 2018 - 03:42 PM.


DracheimFlug #20 Posted 03 March 2018 - 03:43 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 8925 battles
  • 3,720
  • Member since:
    11-13-2014

View PostWarzey, on 03 March 2018 - 03:33 PM, said:

 

Well they did have a trailer on their official EU youtube channel, that's official enough for me. 

 

Do they say anything about testing or approving individual mods ? 




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users