Obj 430U economy setup

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

anonym_uktlgGKuDbuG #1 Posted 03 March 2018 - 05:04 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 0 battles

So it's TotT now, and I want my 50 wins for those nice boosters! I'm not gonna run food on this tank because a) it catches fire a lot and b) I don't want to waste like 100 rations. 

I can choose between mounting vents and only getting around 420m viewrange, or mounting optics and getting 450m viewrange. With optics I can compete with other meds quite well when it comes to spotting power. With vents I improve the gun a tiny bit. Which would you recommend and why? 

8126Jakobsson #2 Posted 03 March 2018 - 05:09 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 66397 battles

I got it done earlier today and am running it with optics. Gun, as well as everything else, works just fine. Have nothing to complain about that machine. 

edit: the driver isn't too fond of it though.. f

Edited by 8126Jakobsson, 03 March 2018 - 05:10 PM.

anonym_uktlgGKuDbuG #3 Posted 03 March 2018 - 05:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View Post8126Jakobsson, on 03 March 2018 - 05:09 PM, said:

I got it done earlier today and am running it with optics. Gun, as well as everything else, works just fine. Have nothing to complain about that machine. 

Well, it's russian so gun stats don't matter. I think I will go with optics so I'm not completely helpless getting outspotted by other meds and lights at range.

If you run it with food and a good crew vents might be a good choice, but the entire thing is one big fuel tank so fires are a big concern..

Does anyone run this tank with food? I get lit on fire multiple times per game quite often actually, unless I waste my repair kit on the fuel tank. I should look into the firefighting skill but since camo and repairs are also a must it really puts a lot of strain on my commander if I pick Firefighting as the next skill :| I'd rather go with Situational Awareness.

Edited by Tr0gledyte, 03 March 2018 - 05:12 PM.

arthurwellsley #4 Posted 03 March 2018 - 05:15 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 51740 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

View PostTr0gledyte, on 03 March 2018 - 04:04 PM, said:

So it's TotT now, and I want my 50 wins for those nice boosters! I'm not gonna run food on this tank because a) it catches fire a lot and b) I don't want to waste like 100 rations. 

I can choose between mounting vents and only getting around 420m viewrange, or mounting optics and getting 450m viewrange. With optics I can compete with other meds quite well when it comes to spotting power. With vents I improve the gun a tiny bit. Which would you recommend and why? 

Optics because spotting damage gives more exp and so easier to be top ten on wins.

vasilinhorulezz #5 Posted 03 March 2018 - 05:22 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22813 battles

I run optics in most meds, unless I can get pretty high view range without them,

in my 140 I use vents, but I have vents, BIA, Reckon and Situational Awareness (no food btw), so

I get a pretty good 442 view range, in my book it's satisfactory.

On lower tier meds I go always for Optics to get some assistance, especially when I'm bottom tier.

anonym_uktlgGKuDbuG #6 Posted 03 March 2018 - 05:33 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View Postarthurwellsley, on 03 March 2018 - 05:15 PM, said:

Optics because spotting damage gives more exp and so easier to be top ten on wins.

True as well, you always spot some random chump while driving around and get a bit of extra assistance damage. :) But my main reasonining behind having at least max viewrange is to prevent myself from being kited by enemies I can't spot back when they shoot me. My IS-7 crew is so good with max viewrange that I am comfortable fighting in open areas (with some terrain to hide my hull) on maps like Sand River because anything that spots and shoots me gets spottted back. Very useful.

Edited by Tr0gledyte, 03 March 2018 - 05:35 PM.

anonym_uktlgGKuDbuG #7 Posted 04 March 2018 - 11:56 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 0 battles
Related question: Since the fuel tanks are in the front and are damaged almost every shot, does anyone ever actually run this tank with food? I'm about to pick a 5th skill but it just doesn't seem feasible to run this with food, it's a firecracker. So if I never run it with food I can leave out the Firefighting skill.

Etre_ #8 Posted 04 March 2018 - 12:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 52649 battles
  • [WEBOB] WEBOB

View Postvasilinhorulezz, on 03 March 2018 - 05:22 PM, said:

I run optics in most meds, unless I can get pretty high view range without them,

in my 140 I use vents, but I have vents, BIA, Reckon and Situational Awareness (no food btw), so

I get a pretty good 442 view range, in my book it's satisfactory.

On lower tier meds I go always for Optics to get some assistance, especially when I'm bottom tier.

View PostTr0gledyte, on 03 March 2018 - 05:04 PM, said:

The first step to being competitive in an online game is min/max-ing everything you can. Without optics a tier X should have 461m view range, food included. With optics is 497m I think. My 907 with improved optics has 507m. Patton 522m. 430U with improved vents 465m.

With 450 view range is doubtful you are going to counter spot a well geared, good camo, medium playing the 445m circle. You know when you are playing against well prepared guys when you are getting spotted as soon as you shoot inside a 445m circle. 

Here is my 430U, equipped for ranked battles:

Spoiler

There is no economy setup. To put it blunt, that is looser setup.

Edited by Etre_, 04 March 2018 - 12:38 PM.

arthurwellsley #9 Posted 04 March 2018 - 12:53 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 51740 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

View PostTr0gledyte, on 04 March 2018 - 10:56 AM, said:

Related question: Since the fuel tanks are in the front and are damaged almost every shot, does anyone ever actually run this tank with food? I'm about to pick a 5th skill but it just doesn't seem feasible to run this with food, it's a firecracker. So if I never run it with food I can leave out the Firefighting skill.

On tanks where I drop the Automatic Fire Extinguisher I have Firefighting on the crew skills to compensate for the most part.

anonym_uktlgGKuDbuG #10 Posted 04 March 2018 - 01:49 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostEtre_, on 04 March 2018 - 12:32 PM, said:

The first step to being competitive in an online game is min/max-ing everything you can. Without optics a tier X should have 461m view range, food included. With optics is 497m I think. My 907 with improved optics has 507m. Patton 522m. 430U with improved vents 465m.

With 450 view range is doubtful you are going to counter spot a well geared, good camo, medium playing the 445m circle. You know when you are playing against well prepared guys when you are getting spotted as soon as you shoot inside a 445m circle. 

Here is my 430U, equipped for ranked battles:

Spoiler

There is no economy setup. To put it blunt, that is looser setup.

But what if you catch fire? That'll ruin your entire game and that's my main worry. And why not use a large repair kit? The track repair takes super long, like 6 seconds even with a full repair skill, it's ridiculous. Also helps because when you catch fire you will lose multiple modules/crew members.

View Postarthurwellsley, on 04 March 2018 - 12:53 PM, said:

On tanks where I drop the Automatic Fire Extinguisher I have Firefighting on the crew skills to compensate for the most part.

Exactly how effective is firefighting? Without it you can easily lose like 1000hp and multiple modules and crew members, ruining your tank. What if you have it maxed?

Edited by Tr0gledyte, 04 March 2018 - 01:50 PM.

Etre_ #11 Posted 04 March 2018 - 01:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 52649 battles
  • [WEBOB] WEBOB

View PostTr0gledyte, on 04 March 2018 - 01:49 PM, said:

But what if you catch fire? That'll ruin your entire game and that's my main worry. And why not use a large repair kit? The track repair takes super long, like 6 seconds even with a full repair skill, it's ridiculous. Also helps because when you catch fire you will lose multiple modules/crew members.

Exactly how effective is firefighting? Without it you can easily lose like 1000hp and multiple modules and crew members, ruining your tank. What if you have it maxed?

Repair every time your fuel tanks are damaged and you should be fine. I'm seldom set on fire. 

I don't use big repair kits because a russian medium will keep you perma tracked anyway. You need to avoid getting tracked in the open or without support when you repair kit is down even with a big kit. Running full premium consumables and shooting gold ammo on demand in ranked will get you out of credits really fast.  

Edited by Etre_, 04 March 2018 - 02:00 PM.

anonym_uktlgGKuDbuG #12 Posted 04 March 2018 - 02:04 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostEtre_, on 04 March 2018 - 01:57 PM, said:

Repair every time your fuel tanks are damaged and you should be fine. I'm seldom set on fire. 

I don't use big repair kits because a russian medium will keep you perma tracked anyway. You need to avoid getting tracked in the open or without support when you repair kit is down even with a big kit. Running full premium consumables and shooting gold ammo on demand in ranked will get you out of credits really fast.  

The fuel tanks are damaged so often, using your repair kit on them can get you in serious trouble if you're tracked or ammoracked.. That's my main gripe with this tank. Every frontal hit seems to damage the fuel tank. I've had TVP's set me on fire twice in a single clip where even my auto extinguisher couldn't save me.

Etre_ #13 Posted 04 March 2018 - 02:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 52649 battles
  • [WEBOB] WEBOB

View PostTr0gledyte, on 04 March 2018 - 02:04 PM, said:

The fuel tanks are damaged so often, using your repair kit on them can get you in serious trouble if you're tracked or ammoracked.. That's my main gripe with this tank. Every frontal hit seems to damage the fuel tank. I've had TVP's set me on fire twice in a single clip where even my auto extinguisher couldn't save me.

All comes down to avoiding getting caught in a nasty position. 

Let's say a BC/TVP is in my area and I don't have enough or reliable backup. You can bet that if I'm not 100% HP they will come for me. As such I have 2 options. I either fall back to a safer position, with cover from other tanks or a hull down position with open ground in front where I can put 1-2 shots in them before getting to me. Or, I can be aggressive an try to intercept them, sneak a shot and lower their HP well before they are ready to engage. That usually deters them from rushing as autoloaders don't like loosing almost their entire HP when clipping someone. 

Edited by Etre_, 04 March 2018 - 02:12 PM.

Afdass #14 Posted 04 March 2018 - 05:24 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12980 battles

It's a russian tank. No matter what you do, you get set on fire once every 5 battles. You get ammoracked once every 2 battles. I run this tank with Food, Optics, Rammer, VStabs and I have a 4 skill crew in it + 50 or 60% in the 5th - 2 of the dudes are learning firefighing and I use those firefighting directives that gives those 2 dudes the 100% skill - which is still useless because it still takes toooooo long to put the fire out. At the moment it happens you have already lost all internal modules + 500 or 600 HP. I don't really play tier 10 that much, only 1 or 2 games a day in both 140 and 430U, and if I fancy I can play some more in the Patton or IS-7, but I don't really have that much to go for it. 

As the 430U is not ToT I will probably play for the 50 wins but I'll do it maybe rotating the consumables options. Without food I still have 469m VR (with food it goes to 492m) and it's still pretty good to deny most part of other mediums' camo values. But with those 492 I can spot many TD's as soon as they get withing the 445m range. And as this is pretty much the only tank I run with russian food, I may aswell just spend the 86 I still have to spend, right? 

anonym_uktlgGKuDbuG #15 Posted 04 March 2018 - 10:39 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostAfdass, on 04 March 2018 - 05:24 PM, said:

It's a russian tank. No matter what you do, you get set on fire once every 5 battles. You get ammoracked once every 2 battles. I run this tank with Food, Optics, Rammer, VStabs and I have a 4 skill crew in it + 50 or 60% in the 5th - 2 of the dudes are learning firefighing and I use those firefighting directives that gives those 2 dudes the 100% skill - which is still useless because it still takes toooooo long to put the fire out. At the moment it happens you have already lost all internal modules + 500 or 600 HP. I don't really play tier 10 that much, only 1 or 2 games a day in both 140 and 430U, and if I fancy I can play some more in the Patton or IS-7, but I don't really have that much to go for it. 

As the 430U is not ToT I will probably play for the 50 wins but I'll do it maybe rotating the consumables options. Without food I still have 469m VR (with food it goes to 492m) and it's still pretty good to deny most part of other mediums' camo values. But with those 492 I can spot many TD's as soon as they get withing the 445m range. And as this is pretty much the only tank I run with russian food, I may aswell just spend the 86 I still have to spend, right? 

The 430U catches fire way more often than the other russian meds. I can run the other meds with food, this one gets lit on fire at least once every 3 games or so.. But maybe I'm just taking too many hits.

Does anyone know where *exactly* the fuel tanks are? 

Afdass #16 Posted 05 March 2018 - 05:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12980 battles

View PostTr0gledyte, on 04 March 2018 - 09:39 PM, said:

The 430U catches fire way more often than the other russian meds. I can run the other meds with food, this one gets lit on fire at least once every 3 games or so.. But maybe I'm just taking too many hits.

Does anyone know where *exactly* the fuel tanks are? 

The tank iselft seems to be the whole fuel tank and the whole ammo rack :trollface: And it's funny to see how the tank only has "10% chance of getting set on fire" and still gets set on fire by some random lucky shot. Now taking it seriously, fuel tanks are most likely to be on the front as usual. Penetrating shots in the lower plate/side of the frontal part of the hull pretty much damages them 80% of the times. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users