How much is enough ?

OP tanks

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Beltalowda #1 Posted 04 March 2018 - 05:01 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 60151 battles

We've always had UP and OP tanks in the game, but the increasing amount of impenetrable tanks is slowly ruining already fragile balance and there is no faith when it comes to WG balancing team to do the right thing.

Ranked seasons have always been a showcase of currently OP tanks dominating the battlefield. Before it was 907's running everywhere, with some Type 5 heavy as well. In these days it's still those two, but accompanied with Super Conqeror, WZ 5a, Obj 268 4 and Obj 430U.

The last Q&A never even came close in restoring some faith, more like quite the opposite. 268 4 might be buffed, Type 5 is not a problem, flatting maps is done on purpose so tanks with poor gun depression have easier time fighting other vehicles, we all know which tanks they are talking about.

So the question remains. How much is enough and how much longer before one can say, I just don't want to deal with this anymore ? 

Regular paying customer is a nice thing to have, although he/she can't dictate the direction where the place he/she is spending money on should be going, still a voice of a paying customer should carry some weight.

What can we do and is there anything at all we can do ? 

Edited by TrewSx, 04 March 2018 - 05:02 PM.

Enforcer1975 #2 Posted 04 March 2018 - 05:03 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20435 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
The only thing you can do is either join the party or stop playing entirely.

Balc0ra #3 Posted 04 March 2018 - 05:04 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64272 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
Did you not complain a while back that armor is useless due to gold ammo? Now when it finally works. That's bad as well suddenly? 

Beltalowda #4 Posted 04 March 2018 - 05:06 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 60151 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 04 March 2018 - 04:04 PM, said:

Did you not complain a while back that armor is useless due to gold ammo? Now when it finally works. That's bad as well suddenly? 

You are mistaken me for someone else. Since my most played tanks are either paper mediums or a Tiger I, me complaining about armour does not make any sense since the tanks I play have no armour at all.

Steve8066 #5 Posted 04 March 2018 - 05:07 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11135 battles

View PostTrewSx, on 04 March 2018 - 05:01 PM, said:

We've always had UP and OP tanks in the game, but the increasing amount of impenetrable tanks is slowly ruining already fragile balance and there is no faith when it comes to WG balancing team to do the right thing.

Ranked seasons have always been a showcase of currently OP tanks dominating the battlefield. Before it was 907's running everywhere, with some Type 5 heavy as well. In these days it's still those two, but accompanied with Super Conqeror, WZ 5a, Obj 268 4 and Obj 430U.

The last Q&A never even came close in restoring some faith, more like quite the opposite. 268 4 might be buffed, Type 5 is not a problem, flatting maps is done on purpose so tanks with poor gun depression have easier time fighting other vehicles, we all know which tanks they are talking about.

So the question remains. How much is enough and how much longer before one can say, I just don't want to deal with this anymore ? 

Regular paying customer is a nice thing to have, although he/she can't dictate the direction where the place he/she is spending money on should be going, still a voice of a paying customer should carry some weight.

What can we do and is there anything at all we can do ? 

my main problem isnt the same as yours, its MM. Ive given WG 2 patches to fix it before i leave for good. I would say set a date (a reasonable one) for them to show signs of `fixing` your problem and if it isnt done, or at least signs that its in progress, go find another game to play.

The only way companies listen is when revenue income and bums on seats so to speak (players ingame), decrease.

TO_FR #6 Posted 04 March 2018 - 05:47 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15301 battles

After so much time, WoT should have proper balance if it's what the developers wanted.

But somewhat like LoL developers although not to the same extent, Wargaming wants some imbalance to force (or at least induce) constant change. At one point, tank A will be OP then it will be nerfed. Then, tank B and C will be the new standard and eventually power-creep will make them obsolete. Later, a new line of tanks D, E and F will come and beat everything else until they are nerfed, and that's when tank A will be strong again as it gets buffed....

With this system, you will be strongly encouraged to unlock tanks A, B, D, and F if you want to be able to perform really well.

If the game were well balanced, you could get the tank A and decide it's your main, play it for 10k battles without ever needing to switch. And maybe you'll grind another one when you're bored. That would require much less grinding and therefore it would be less profitable for WG.

The game will never be balanced since it's not what the developers want. Or otherwise the game would be balanced already.

I remember they took about 2 years to nerf the tank KV-1S back in the days; even though it was blatantly OP and you had 4 of them in each team in each game involving tier6... Had they wanted balance they would have nerfed it right away but KV-1S was what insured the russian potatoes kept playing the game. So it's clear WG prefers imbalance over balance when it's profitable.

Also tagged with OP, tanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users