Jump to content


Premium Tanks Lowe, Lorr 40t to name a few


  • Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

mrspoonsi #1 Posted 05 March 2018 - 10:39 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 11165 battles
  • 6
  • Member since:
    10-08-2016

After around 100 battles fighting these tanks, in an E75 which is Tier 9, with the Tier 10 Gun which can go through 246mm < 100M, I can say it is a real lottery (perhaps 50:50) if your shell does any dmg to these tanks.

 

Case in point, just had a battle where Lorr 40t drives right past me, so a clear straight shot into his back 10 Meters away, square on, waited 2 seconds for 100% accuracy aim, I happened to be loaded with a Gold shell as was going for a Tier 10 tank, so this shell can go through 311mm at 10 meters, fire clear into his back (saw the shell) and 'we did not penetrate his Armour'. 

 

According to tanks gg there is 25mm on the rear of this tank, so I am more than 10x able to dmg him.

 

I see this lots, Lowe many, many times on the side, not turret (square on) no dmg, no modules dmg (not a track hit), which is a joke.  In some battles it can be 4 out 4 shells did not dmg a lowe which is forward facing, square on and the lower part of the hull is constantly hit, all very disheartening.



Steel_Patriot #2 Posted 05 March 2018 - 10:44 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 42672 battles
  • 487
  • [_DOG] _DOG
  • Member since:
    03-06-2011

I can pen both with 175 pen , Lowe lfp/ sides /butt.

If you cant pen Bonapartes bath sponge with an E75 dude its not the tank that is failing , because all it does is soak up dmg . Even from a Cromwell @ teir 6

 


Edited by Steel_Patriot, 05 March 2018 - 10:44 PM.


mrspoonsi #3 Posted 05 March 2018 - 10:47 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 11165 battles
  • 6
  • Member since:
    10-08-2016

I am not the only one seeing this:

 

http://forum.worldof...e-of-derp-guns/

 

"Armour angling mechanics. Are they even remotely realistic? They are without doubt the most frustrating thing about this game. The other night it was just my At15A left versus a tier 8 (I think) premium Swedish TD. It was a 1600 damage game, which is good for me. Every single shot I fired at the enemy bounced. Including gold, which my team urged me to spam. Every single shot he fired at me went right through my armour. He ended up killing me, to the dismay of my team and my own dumbfounded amazement. I was hitting him dead-on and also angled from the side. After the battle I checked the tank's stats. I believe it had 30 armour all round. Thirty millimetres of armour defeated a 76mm gun with 239 penetration."

 

I need to start taking videos, so people can see shells not go through these magic tanks.



Renesco #4 Posted 05 March 2018 - 10:47 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 21205 battles
  • 469
  • [SOBAD] SOBAD
  • Member since:
    10-08-2010
It's true, especially with rare premium tanks, I'm practically invincible in my M4A2E4 and Ram II, guys with like 300 pen try to roll me and it all just bounces off, it's amazing.

TheWarrener #5 Posted 05 March 2018 - 10:52 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 2244 battles
  • 333
  • Member since:
    10-31-2017
I feel you man, I also once bounced my shot 

Steel_Patriot #6 Posted 05 March 2018 - 10:53 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 42672 battles
  • 487
  • [_DOG] _DOG
  • Member since:
    03-06-2011

View Postmrspoonsi, on 05 March 2018 - 09:47 PM, said:

I am not the only one seeing this:

 

http://forum.worldof...e-of-derp-guns/

 

"Armour angling mechanics. Are they even remotely realistic? They are without doubt the most frustrating thing about this game. The other night it was just my At15A left versus a tier 8 (I think) premium Swedish TD. It was a 1600 damage game, which is good for me. Every single shot I fired at the enemy bounced. Including gold, which my team urged me to spam. Every single shot he fired at me went right through my armour. He ended up killing me, to the dismay of my team and my own dumbfounded amazement. I was hitting him dead-on and also angled from the side. After the battle I checked the tank's stats. I believe it had 30 armour all round. Thirty millimetres of armour defeated a 76mm gun with 239 penetration."

 

I need to start taking videos, so people can see shells not go through these magic tanks.

 

The S1 is auto bounce for anything under 90mm unless you have HEAT as APCR is even pure pointless . If you can hit it try the cuppola on top, that you will pen

 



arthurwellsley #7 Posted 05 March 2018 - 11:05 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 51268 battles
  • 2,814
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
  • Member since:
    05-11-2011

View Postmrspoonsi, on 05 March 2018 - 09:39 PM, said:

After around 100 battles fighting these tanks, in an E75 which is Tier 9, with the Tier 10 Gun which can go through 246mm < 100M, I can say it is a real lottery (perhaps 50:50) if your shell does any dmg to these tanks.

 

Case in point, just had a battle where Lorr 40t drives right past me, so a clear straight shot into his back 10 Meters away, square on, waited 2 seconds for 100% accuracy aim, I happened to be loaded with a Gold shell as was going for a Tier 10 tank, so this shell can go through 311mm at 10 meters, fire clear into his back (saw the shell) and 'we did not penetrate his Armour'. 

 

According to tanks gg there is 25mm on the rear of this tank, so I am more than 10x able to dmg him.

 

I see this lots, Lowe many, many times on the side, not turret (square on) no dmg, no modules dmg (not a track hit), which is a joke.  In some battles it can be 4 out 4 shells did not dmg a lowe which is forward facing, square on and the lower part of the hull is constantly hit, all very disheartening.

 

Hello and welcome to the forums.

 

Please post replays of the alleged gameplay examples you give above of nil damage shots from you in an e75 against the Lowe and Lorraine 40t. 

 

For on this forum if you make a wild assertion such as you have made above and not posted accompanying replays some unkind soul is likely to say "replays or it never happened".



mrspoonsi #8 Posted 05 March 2018 - 11:15 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 11165 battles
  • 6
  • Member since:
    10-08-2016

Ok I will start filming them, I do not have a problem with that.



DutchBaron_ #9 Posted 05 March 2018 - 11:24 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 9955 battles
  • 141
  • [FDAD] FDAD
  • Member since:
    10-06-2016

View Postmrspoonsi, on 05 March 2018 - 11:15 PM, said:

Ok I will start filming them, I do not have a problem with that.

You should know it's just a setting that you can turn on and off, the replays and when on your battles are automatically saved to your PC.

PS. I advise you to read up on the penetration mechanics on the wot wiki, your just making a fool out of yourself here



FritzSpiegal #10 Posted 05 March 2018 - 11:27 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 15494 battles
  • 56
  • [A-W-F] A-W-F
  • Member since:
    10-13-2016

I saw a mod called Battle hits by Tornado which shows where you have been hit and where you hit enemies once you have returned to the garage.

 

Frequently it shows hits that I thought had been aimed and hit a particular part of a tank only for the actual hit point to be completely different.

 

I imagine that is because it records what the server saw rather than what I saw so "maybe" that is what has happened with the Lowe and others being discussed.

 

On the other hand you just know a game will be a loss when every shot you make bounces and every shot the enemy makes does maximum damage!



mrspoonsi #11 Posted 05 March 2018 - 11:31 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 11165 battles
  • 6
  • Member since:
    10-08-2016

>PS. I advise you to read up on the penetration mechanics on the wot wiki, your just making a fool out of yourself here

 

Really?, because I do not have a problem with most other tanks, same tier or lower, just these premium tanks. I know the stats for these tanks off by heart, I know the weak points. I also know that 'crap' happens in the game with the RNG, but for these tanks 'crap' happens way more than it should...if you go off stats. Heck I drove a Tiger 2 which the lowe lower half pretty much is, for 6 months, so I know that hull as good as the next guy...



Jigabachi #12 Posted 05 March 2018 - 11:36 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17858 battles
  • 18,551
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

View Postmrspoonsi, on 05 March 2018 - 11:15 PM, said:

Ok I will start filming them, I do not have a problem with that.

The important part is to actually watch them after the match is over. Do that and all the magic and weird stuff turns into thin air...

 

View Postmrspoonsi, on 05 March 2018 - 10:47 PM, said:

Thirty millimetres of armour defeated a 76mm gun with 239 penetration."

1. Thirty mm when not angled - which it never is.

2. A 76mm gun with 239 average penetration.

You should REALLY read the wiki... :rolleyes:


Edited by Jigabachi, 05 March 2018 - 11:49 PM.


MarcoStrapone #13 Posted 05 March 2018 - 11:38 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 34062 battles
  • 712
  • [-GODS] -GODS
  • Member since:
    08-11-2013
dude i bounced twice in row type 64 at the side. with 150 pen. :izmena:

FluffyRedFox #14 Posted 05 March 2018 - 11:40 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 22619 battles
  • 8,111
  • [LEWD] LEWD
  • Member since:
    12-05-2012

View Postmrspoonsi, on 05 March 2018 - 10:47 PM, said:

 Thirty millimetres of armour defeated a 76mm gun with 239 penetration.

A 76mm gun cannot triple overmatch a 30mm plate so it is possible to bounce no matter how much your penetration is... 



AliceUnchained #15 Posted 05 March 2018 - 11:42 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 38165 battles
  • 8,807
  • [322] 322
  • Member since:
    10-18-2011

View Postmrspoonsi, on 05 March 2018 - 10:39 PM, said:

so a clear straight shot into his back 10 Meters away, square on

 

Sure, 10 meters... Got the replay perchance?



Balc0ra #16 Posted 06 March 2018 - 12:00 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 64429 battles
  • 15,448
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View Postmrspoonsi, on 05 March 2018 - 11:15 PM, said:

Ok I will start filming them, I do not have a problem with that.

 

You should. As if you hit the right spot at the back, you should have overmatched that easy. But remember that the hit marker, or where you see the shell hit, might differ vs what the server says. And if you hit the corners connecting the plates. It might not do anything at times. Even if you overmatch anything around it.

 

 

View Postmrspoonsi, on 05 March 2018 - 10:47 PM, said:

I am not the only one seeing this:

 

http://forum.worldof...e-of-derp-guns/

 

"Armour angling mechanics. Are they even remotely realistic? They are without doubt the most frustrating thing about this game. The other night it was just my At15A left versus a tier 8 (I think) premium Swedish TD. It was a 1600 damage game, which is good for me. Every single shot I fired at the enemy bounced. Including gold, which my team urged me to spam. Every single shot he fired at me went right through my armour. He ended up killing me, to the dismay of my team and my own dumbfounded amazement. I was hitting him dead-on and also angled from the side. After the battle I checked the tank's stats. I believe it had 30 armour all round. Thirty millimetres of armour defeated a 76mm gun with 239 penetration."

 

I need to start taking videos, so people can see shells not go through these magic tanks.

 

That's because he has a 17 pounder. And the S1 is usually at an angle bigger then 70 degrees .Then he has zero chance to overmatch it as his caliber is not more then 3x the armor. As he needs 90mm or higher to do that. And it's 30mm flat armor. Not effective armor, and at 70 degrees or more. It's not 30mm anymore.

 

View Postmrspoonsi, on 05 March 2018 - 10:39 PM, said:

I see this lots, Lowe many, many times on the side, not turret (square on) no dmg, no modules dmg (not a track hit), which is a joke.  In some battles it can be 4 out 4 shells did not dmg a lowe which is forward facing, square on and the lower part of the hull is constantly hit, all very disheartening.

 

Lowe has been buffed on the side armor. Again unless you hit it flat on, he might have enough effective armor for you to bounce. As when you angle a plate, the thicker it becomes. Same with the turret. If you hit the far edges of it as it's a round shape. It might bounce right off some areas. Flat on the side of the hull and turret, you should have a 100% chance to pen with that gun. Head on the turret is incredibly strong vs your gun. Same with the turret checks. Upper plate is about a 70% chance to pen. Lower plate again should be an auto pen unless he is at an extreme angle.


Edited by Balc0ra, 06 March 2018 - 12:06 AM.


piratha #17 Posted 06 March 2018 - 12:22 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 8855 battles
  • 131
  • [2-KP] 2-KP
  • Member since:
    10-07-2017

View PostMarcoStrapone, on 05 March 2018 - 11:38 PM, said:

dude i bounced twice in row type 64 at the side. with 150 pen. :izmena:
I once even bounced a T67 TD on my T-28 (the Tier IV banana) facing it backward at around 50-100mt while running away :hiding:. Since then I'm keeping the T-28 a a lucky-bunny-foot, so to say.

AliceUnchained #18 Posted 06 March 2018 - 12:25 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 38165 battles
  • 8,807
  • [322] 322
  • Member since:
    10-18-2011

View PostJigabachi, on 05 March 2018 - 11:36 PM, said:

 

2. A 76mm gun with 239 average penetration.

You should REALLY read the wiki... :rolleyes:

 

So should you; it's the British 17-pounder (76,2 mm actually) :P



Jigabachi #19 Posted 06 March 2018 - 12:37 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17858 battles
  • 18,551
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

View PostAliceUnchained, on 06 March 2018 - 12:25 AM, said:

 

So should you; it's the British 17-pounder (76,2 mm actually) :P

Pfff... you have no idea how rusty those phew-phew-pipes can get inside.



Schepel #20 Posted 06 March 2018 - 12:37 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 57334 battles
  • 3,005
  • Member since:
    05-13-2013

Please do correct me if I am mistaken, but I seem to recall that (server) lag can result in misses in rare cases being reported as hits that did not pen? (In which case it would be very useful to watch replays and see what really happens!)

 

 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users