• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

VarzA #41 Posted 14 March 2018 - 01:45 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18081 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

View Postbenjibutton, on 14 March 2018 - 12:04 AM, said:

Thanks guys - totally confused now! I am getting on OK surprisingly with T150, had good games yesterday, and now I got a rammer and GLD on it. I have 4 million silver ( don't pay to play  apart from bought T127 and PZ25T ages back). You say Skoda T25 is far better than T 24 which I do like, so that has possibilities, as does Cromwell. All your help guys , has started to give me some confidence, so thank you

Pz T25 is basically E50/E50M at t5, but with crappier view range (tier for tier) and a gun that blooms too much (also, great at ramming).

If you like that, and in that spirit, Pz 3/4, Vk 30.02 M, Vk 30.01 P, and above the tiers, E50/E50M.

Skoda T25 basically has the hull of the Pz. T25, more hp, about the same mobility, but it's autoloader can drop 330 hp in 2.66s, with a 8-9s reload. It's main problem is the derpy gun (like the Pz t25, you must let it fully aim first shot), and the 110mm of pen at t6. :(

PS: In the comparison between Vk 30.02M, Vk 30.01 D (i forgot this one), VK 30.01 P ....

- VK 30.02M is the most like the E50/E50M and Pz T-25, but with way better gun handling. it can also ram, and it's armor will bounce some stuff in the tier.

- VK 30.01 D has awesome gun handling and the same gun, but way better mobility and smaller profile ... personally i loved this tank the most.

- VK 30.01 P has the 88 L56, so high alpha and high dpm, but it suffers with turning, it has horrible stock grind, and it's armor is badly angled.

If you like the fast paced battles with a medium that can scout, has decent gun depression and a good gun, i would recommend the Vk 30.01 D.

Edited by VarzA, 14 March 2018 - 01:55 PM.

SiliconSidewinder #42 Posted 14 March 2018 - 06:58 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 27206 battles
to give you honest advice benji, just try out everything that looks nice to you, tier VI is easy to grind ;)

benjibutton #43 Posted 15 March 2018 - 09:23 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 13986 battles
SiliconSidewinder ref 13k battles - I have already said my stats are bad, I didn't say I had played no battles! When I started I did the usual , rushed through tiers, not learning and played point and click. Took a load of abuse and gave some back! then started to try, sold a load of tanks that I wasn't any good in, and restarted to learn - my stats will always be bad because of start but, it's life.I do appreciate everybody help and no doubt I will have further questions.

benjibutton #44 Posted 20 March 2018 - 12:01 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 13986 battles

Hi Just an update for those guys that helped me.

I have spent some silver lol and bought VK 30.01D - equipped Rammer & Vents -( no 3rd equip yet as not sure), now enjoying a terrible grind, but guess it will only get better. 

renewed with my VK36.01H - equipped with Rammer, EGLD & Vents, which was fully opened up. Few decent games despite 50% crew

and same with my Cromwell- equipped with Rammer, Vent & Optics. Again some decent ames with 50% crew.

Once current discount is over will probably sell VK30.01 and move crew up to 36.01H. Don't want to sell Crusader so will suffer crew situation on Cromwell.

Leopard is elated and has opened VK28.01, but reading up this is now not worth getting? If not worth it will move Leopard crew eventually to VK 30.01D

Guys what do you think?

Thank you

Nexuo #45 Posted 20 March 2018 - 09:01 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 18599 battles
  • [DPG2] DPG2

View Postbenjibutton, on 20 March 2018 - 12:01 AM, said:

Hi Just an update for those guys that helped me.

I have spent some silver lol and bought VK 30.01D - equipped Rammer & Vents -( no 3rd equip yet as not sure), now enjoying a terrible grind, but guess it will only get better. 

renewed with my VK36.01H - equipped with Rammer, EGLD & Vents, which was fully opened up. Few decent games despite 50% crew

and same with my Cromwell- equipped with Rammer, Vent & Optics. Again some decent ames with 50% crew.

Once current discount is over will probably sell VK30.01 and move crew up to 36.01H. Don't want to sell Crusader so will suffer crew situation on Cromwell.

Leopard is elated and has opened VK28.01, but reading up this is now not worth getting? If not worth it will move Leopard crew eventually to VK 30.01D

Guys what do you think?

Thank you

First of all, always spend credits on getting 75% crew (or even 100% crew if you can afford the gold). 50% free crew makes the grind more horrible and the tank gameplay unrepresentative and unenjoyable until they are 100% on major qualifications. Also because they are underperforming with a non-100% crew, it makes your ability to contribute to the team lower and thus earning less XP for progressing through the grind. Also when you aren't enjoying the tank you are driving in, you generally don't perform so well (state of mind thing). Also since this is a game, i personally think you should do whatever you can to increase how much fun you will have when playing!

:)

When it comes to crew, your priority should be to get them up to 100% as quickly as possible and than go for Sixth sense on the commander and repair skills (for mediums and heavies). Unless you want to prioritize on improving gun handling or camou-rating for LT and some MT that can be played as semi-scout.

For the VK 30.01 D (one of my favourite tech tree T6 and among my most played tank), I have ran Rammer/Vents/GLD for a long time. Even tho Optics is generally better for most players since the gun is capable of sniping. But i noticed GLD makes the peek-a-boo shots where you aiming for a weak spot on enemy tank over 100M connect more often for my play style. Especially in combination with relevant crew skills to improve gun handling: Smooth Ride & Snapshot.

For comparison using top tank configuration on the VK 30.01 D:

- using a 50% crew with rammer/vent/optics

View range = 328M (298M with GLD instead of Optics)

DPM = 1779

Reload time = 4,55 sec

Aim time = 2,77 sec (2,52 sec with GLD instead of Optics)

Dispersion = 0,42

- using a 100% crew with rammer/vent/optics (no crew skills)

View range = 416M (378M with GLD instead of Optics)

DPM = 2286

Reload time = 3,54 sec 

Aim time = 2,16 sec (1,96 sec with GLD instead of Optics)

Dispersion = 0,33 

- using a 100% crew with rammer/vent/optics and crew skills: Brother in Arms, Situational Awareness, Recon and chocolate as consumables

View range = 471M (428M with GLD instead of Optics)

DPM = 2438

Reload time = 3,32 sec

Aim time = 2,02 sec (1,84 sec with GLD instead of Optics)

Dispersion = 0,31

So as you can see, when it comes to tank performances it makes a huge differences. Not to mention on the other statistics of the tank. It turns the tank from not capable of sniping into an great sniping tank eventually when everything is topped out. Greatly increasing the combat capability of the VK 30.01 D where you can stay far and hit hard!

My own VK 30.01 D and it's crew currently does:

View range = 400M, DPM = 2337, Reload time = 3,47 sec, Aim time = 1,92 sec, Dispersion = 0,32

I don't use chocolate yet since i don't have fire fighting capabilities with related skills/equipment/consumables and considering my (aggressive medium) play style with this tank this suits me better for now.
DPM of 2337 put it in the range of a Tier 10 BatChat 25t (= 2,298 obviously without equipment and skills and consumables)!

Bet generally a medium tank needs good view range so you can spot your own targets rather than relying on LT doing it for you. Also gives you a nice assist damage when your teammates hit a target you spotted (and/or preferably tracks shots off by you). Which in turn earns you more XP and credits.

Your equipment choices for the VK 36.01H and Cromwell are good, except for the 50% crew matter which i already extensively explained above with example.

Edit: I mentioned "if you can afford gold" (on crew training matters). I wish anyone told me back than that the best way to "invest" gold (or money on this game) in early stages is to get (or do missions to win) premium account. It makes the tank grind so much shorter on 2 things:

- You can get 75% crew and train them up much quicker up to 100%

- Earning more experience per battle thus accelerate the tank grind to top configuration

Should also mention premium account gives you 50% more credit per battle so you have more credits to get more T6 tanks to try them all out.

Having a 100% crew and top tank configuration makes the game so much more enjoyable. Allowing you concentrate more on working on your crew skills and learning the tank.

10 euros for 30 days premium account is still cheaper than going to cinema once!

Edited by Nexuo, 20 March 2018 - 09:29 AM.

cobalt_killer #46 Posted 20 March 2018 - 10:05 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 5856 battles

Best advice I can give someone is doing the campaign missions, not only do you get female crew out of it but you also get decent rewards. I've only done 5500-6000 battles and I've almost completed the 2nd set of missions!

As someone who doesn't spend a lot of money on the game at all I can recommend doing daily missions that reward the personal reserves - with things like +100% Exp for 1-2hrs and +200% crew exp for 1-2hrs you can really slash the time taken to get 75% crew up to 100%! Also remember training a 100% crew member into another tank (for credits) drops them to 80% not 100% for a different type of tank and 100% down to 90% for same type of tank. So the grind isn't as painful. You can "cheat the skill" here by investing in 20 premium food (only buy on discount) and use it while you crew is skilling up.

I would also recommend getting crew 50% into first skill before shifting them into next tier tank as its a progressive scale and really easy to get the first 50%, on something like repairs or camo can make a real difference to the grind on the next tank.

In regards to tanks - just play what you enjoy. Skip what you don't. I actually hated playing the cromwell as I found it just absorbs shells that come anywhere near it. I found the Sherman Easy8 better to play, most would disagree with me on that but I just found the easy8 suited me better. Everyone always suggests playing russian heavies, or jap heavies. I couldn't imagine anything worse! I would recommend American tanks as they generally have good view range and good turret armour and decent gun depression. In terms of TD's I've enjoyed the russian ones the most, the SU-100 with its 390 alpha gun! I've just got the SU-100M1 at tier7 which has a gun mounted to the rear section and strong frontal armour, its like a heavy tank / tank destroyer hybrid - 20 battles in and I love it :)

benjibutton #47 Posted 20 March 2018 - 12:11 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 13986 battles
Hi Nexuo & cobalt_killer Thank you.Great info guess I had better use the XP things on my account - never used so 99 + all sorts. Also explains why I can't see the tank that shot me!  

VarzA #48 Posted 21 March 2018 - 01:22 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18081 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

Benji, since you like this playstyle, maybe look into getting into russian tanks.

Before the tar and feathers, hear me out.

Top of the tree this month will continue to be Object 430U, top of the tree next month will be T-100LT.

In the T-100LT branch, at t5 there is a tank called T-50, a light tank which, with 100% crew is pretty insane.

Top of the tree gives you bonuses to buying the tank (half off at that tier), but it also gives you 50% bonus to crew xp .... which is pretty big (especially if you marry it with a crew xp booster, and ideally some premium time).

On St. Patrick's event, in 1d i took a crew from 75% to 99% on camo because i had the st patrick bonuses, and crew xp boosters running at the same time (that is almost 210k crew xp farmed in ~5hs).

The downside is that the T-50 needs to fire a bit of gold, but you can also just spot, and the tank can be fitted for maxed out vision with vents, coated optics and binocs. :)

PS: The top engine on the VK 30.01 D + tracks makes the tank speedy gonzalez. :P

VarzA #49 Posted 21 March 2018 - 02:36 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18081 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

View Postcobalt_killer, on 20 March 2018 - 10:05 AM, said:

Best advice I can give someone is doing the campaign missions, not only do you get female crew out of it but you also get decent rewards. I've only done 5500-6000 battles and I've almost completed the 2nd set of missions!

As someone who doesn't spend a lot of money on the game at all I can recommend doing daily missions that reward the personal reserves - with things like +100% Exp for 1-2hrs and +200% crew exp for 1-2hrs you can really slash the time taken to get 75% crew up to 100%! Also remember training a 100% crew member into another tank (for credits) drops them to 80% not 100% for a different type of tank and 100% down to 90% for same type of tank. So the grind isn't as painful. You can "cheat the skill" here by investing in 20 premium food (only buy on discount) and use it while you crew is skilling up.

I would also recommend getting crew 50% into first skill before shifting them into next tier tank as its a progressive scale and really easy to get the first 50%, on something like repairs or camo can make a real difference to the grind on the next tank.

In regards to tanks - just play what you enjoy. Skip what you don't. I actually hated playing the cromwell as I found it just absorbs shells that come anywhere near it. I found the Sherman Easy8 better to play, most would disagree with me on that but I just found the easy8 suited me better. Everyone always suggests playing russian heavies, or jap heavies. I couldn't imagine anything worse! I would recommend American tanks as they generally have good view range and good turret armour and decent gun depression. In terms of TD's I've enjoyed the russian ones the most, the SU-100 with its 390 alpha gun! I've just got the SU-100M1 at tier7 which has a gun mounted to the rear section and strong frontal armour, its like a heavy tank / tank destroyer hybrid - 20 battles in and I love it :)

You are not the only one.

I followed advice by Quickybaby and went for Cromwell/Comet .... i'm just happy i never bought the Cromwell B, and got the Rudy instead because that tank and crew at least saw some use.

I hate both of those tanks with a passion, they have lousy pen, lousy gun handling and the turret armor is not what it was on the Comet.

On top of that the Cromwell vs lights is insanely OP.

Otoh, i absolutely love the gun handling of american tanks, i started playing with the T25 Pilot 1 (my first t8 premium, got it in the marathon), and the vision is insane, so i will go long term for Pershing, T69 and M48 Patton.

benjibutton #50 Posted 21 March 2018 - 10:08 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 13986 battles
VarzA Thank you - makes sense. I have got a T 50 with crew on 65% so need to put in some time on it. On USA I have got Wolverine,M4, M7 M24v Chaffee  M5 Stuart.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users