Update 1.0: Remastered Graphics Part Three

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 07 March 2018 - 03:29 PM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
Read up on improvements to flora and in-game objects.

The full text of the news item

Search_Warrant #2 Posted 07 March 2018 - 03:32 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 27644 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

Will this fix terrible MM? corridors? light tanks being useless still? paper TD's with poor camo having no place to go? gold spam in high tiers? Sconq spam? Type5 derp? i could go on forever.

but hey at least you added a few pixels to a flower... we really needed that....

CarelessOne #3 Posted 07 March 2018 - 03:55 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 4646 battles
Looks great, but at first it will be very disorienting with all this new backgrounds and details. I watched some streams and if not minimap I would't know which map is it. Without tanks, you would think it's some FPS game, like Battlefield. 

SMR_FV #4 Posted 07 March 2018 - 09:35 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 76645 battles
  • [322] 322

''...we’ve managed to keep the minimum and recommended system requirements unchanged.''

Source: https://worldoftanks...s-optimisation/

This is simply not true, and is extremely obvious when using the sniper mode with x4 and x8 magnification with other vehicles present in the 3D scene. Even on lowest settings on mid and low end computers that were capable of running the game on lowest with 100+ fps or 70+ fps in sniper mode it is no longer the case and FPS in sniper mode is now as low as 30fps with stuttering due to increased demand from the game. 

LCpl_Jones #5 Posted 07 March 2018 - 09:38 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10588 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostSearch_Warrant, on 07 March 2018 - 03:32 PM, said:

Will this fix terrible MM? corridors? light tanks being useless still? paper TD's with poor camo having no place to go? gold spam in high tiers? Sconq spam? Type5 derp? i could go on forever.

but hey at least you added a few pixels to a flower... we really needed that....

this

pmakins #6 Posted 07 March 2018 - 10:05 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 46828 battles
  • [O-S-C] O-S-C
I have 70-80 fps on 4k with mu current configuration, in the new one Im barely hitting 30-40, I really doubt it's because you have improved the graphics hugely and not the lack of optimisation as you promised (which I have noticed other also complaining with lower end rigs)
I really hope it is stil being optimised but it looks like WG again rushed things up without commiting themselves to it completely...
You earned millions with one tank sale (scorpion for example), you could devote more budget into improving the game and not spend it on whoes and booze :D

Sarm3c #7 Posted 07 March 2018 - 11:32 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 54527 battles
  • [CTIME] CTIME
First of all, I hate ur RNG logic.... but I have to say, this is HELL OF THE GRAPHICS OPTIMATISATION.... very WELL DONE indeed.... anyway... by me... these kind of bushes seem to eat the FPS... enormously.... just eate it... and esspecialy when im in the sniper mode thru them.... perhaps a fix... not much for other stuff... in fact... it seams to run better with this optimatisation and all you have done, considering running graphics on current servers... keep up the good work....

Attached Thumbnails

803 #8 Posted 08 March 2018 - 10:27 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 6376 battles

Block Quote

Now, with a few explosions, high-resolution effects are displayed only along the edges, and the interior is rendered in lower resolution. This switch is practically unnoticeable but saves a lot of performance in critical moments.

This and a thousand times THIS. This is by far the most important graphics change in the whole game. In every single game I play actually while defaults are usually set to high/ultra etc I tone them down to low, at best some stuff medium just to have decent performance on those "critical moments", seeing your FPS crshing down to unsavoury 20-40 FPS, while it usually is like 100 in the hottest, most crucial part of a match is truly infuriating. This means I can get virtually all settings up a notch, two or three. To be honest it isnt super-intense particle effects in WoT due to long reload times in games, but in some where there's plenty, this should be adapted immediately.

I would like to personally thank to whoever came up with this idea and made it happen, you've just changed thousands if not millions of lives, you are amazing!

Max_Calibre #9 Posted 08 March 2018 - 12:43 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20737 battles
  • [T-OG] T-OG

Great, not!

Maps fix the maps for GAMEPLAY

that fun playing its called enjoyment something WOT current maps have big problems with

1/ not nearly enough Maps in game

2/ variety of Maps is terrible

3/ Map rotation is to small only 7 or 8 maps per server per day = BORING really I mean really boring!

4/ corridors, funnels, death kill zones 50% of map - zero flanking just 4 minute slaughters, hate it really hate it.

5/ Mountains, lakes, seas, and etc block 50% of Maps ~ terrible poor map design from players point of view, feels false & manipulated

6/ Maps too Small

7/ T8 upward especially T10's small Maps far to small, spotted in 10 seconds at times, why? not fun not even off base and spotted is bad design

8/ we hear from WG YouTube that FEWER maps in game! lol how to lose players fast = few Maps is boring why play, why!

then do your update for 1.0

so everyone is happy -

WG get your priorities right for BOTH WG and players

remember Rubicon? nearly killed the game WOT, don't do it again with stupid thinking by thinking players are dumb and stupid

were not ......................................!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users