Ranger_Alone #1 Posted 07 March 2018 - 06:34 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10916 battles
  • [JHS] JHS

Jaktosoka.png

Koulutuksen kautta täydellisyyteen.

(Through education to perfection.)

World-of-Tanks-Screenshot-2018.04.10-13.

The Jatkosota High School is a unique schooling clan which is currently very active and quite successful in the German community. What makes us special is that we don’t offer classical training sessions. Our schooling concept is based on platooning with experienced World of Tanks players called instructors. The students can ask their questions directly in the battle when they come to mind.

Also note: Even though our clan is based on the school of the same name from the Show “Girls und Panzer”, we are not exactly a fan clan. We just found it boring to design a schooling clan after just another military unit and thought that it may be fitting.

We have our own Discord Server, accessible via following link:https://discord.gg/UxdE75J

This is our communication center with text and voice chats, where you can go fishing for a platoon mate. We also have a website which is available in English and German language. You can find it here.

Students that have bought tier VI tanks may take part in clan-based game modes if they want to.

Our philosophy:

Tyvestä puuhun noustaan. ( “A tree is climbed from its base” )

We train players who don’t have any experience yet and have yet to acquire the very basics of the game. All of our instructors are ready help you out on any tier.

On vähäkin tyhjää parempi. ( "A little is better than nothing'' )

You don't need the high-end-meta-tanks that are important in competitive play if you want to join our “competitive team”. We work with the equipment that you bring into the clan.

Isoja kaloja kannattaa pyytää vaikkei saisikaan. ("Big fish are worth of fishing even if you don't catch one.'' )

We are not Unicums; far from it. Most of us are average players or even below that. So we may not win 60 or 70% of our battles, but we will put up a good and fair fight! Our goal is to learn with and from each other and improving our skills together.

ju7kX77.jpg

What can we offer you?

• A discord server where you can always find people to platoon with
  • Clan based game modes (stronghold etc.) from time to time
  • A relaxed and productive learning atmosphere
  • Guides on our website (work in progress)
  • Clan members who honor fairplay and teamplay

Want to become an instructor? Here’s what you need:

• At least 7500 battles to show that you possess basic experience
  • You should know how the game mechanics work
  • Basic knowledge about the techtree and it’s vehicles, advanced knowledge of at least one line
  • Advanced fairplay (No blocking, team-damage, drowning oneself etc.)
  • It’s helpful if you like talking and explaining
  • Advanced knowledge of either English or German. English preferred at this moment.

If you ask yourself why the requirements are relatively low, I’d recommend reading the “About us” section on our website.

Want to become an student? Here’s how you can become one:

• Join our Discord or write an application using the tool on our website
  • Talk to an instructor, recruiter or the headmaster
  • Don’t wish to join the clan itself yet? You will be enlisted as “foreign student”. This role means that you are a part of the JHS without being a member of the clan itself. This means you can join another clan or become active here if you already found another clan.
  • If you want to join the WoT clan as well, just ask a recruiter or the headmaster.

Note: Right now we are just building up the english/international section of the JHS, so be aware that there are not that many student slots right now.

You said fairplay? What exactly do you mean?

- Never intentionally damage an allied vehicle. We don't support team killers in any way.
- Don't intentionally block allied vehicles / push allied vehicles out of cover.
- Don't rage around in the in-game-chat, especially not after your death.
- Don't go afk in matches until it's an emergency.
- No suiciding when losing a match!
-> Play for your team, not against it.

Should be the very basics of playing WoT; its sad we need this as a written code of honor.

Are you trying to get me into a clan full of Krauts?

To be honest, a large percentage of the current clan and Discord server lives in Germany and speaks German if left alone. But almost everyone of these people speak very good English as well. Don’t be afraid that you won’t be able to understand anything, we can adapt to English quite well. In a long term perspective, we aim to have 50% non-German members or more.

If you have any questions left, don’t hesitate to ask in this thread or hop onto our Discord server and chat with a clan member.

Looking forward to talk to you!

Edited by Ranger_Alone, 23 April 2018 - 08:54 AM.

Liner8 #2 Posted 07 March 2018 - 06:44 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 17249 battles
  • [JHS] JHS

Thanks to Zavarosan for helping with this text!

Note: You can also ask your questions directly to me via forum PM. I check multiple times a day.

Edited by Liner8, 21 April 2018 - 03:58 PM.

Fuulio #3 Posted 03 April 2018 - 11:33 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25419 battles
  • [METAL] METAL
We ride upon the wings of storm. What hope of escape can our foes have?

Liner8 #4 Posted 03 April 2018 - 12:57 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 17249 battles
  • [JHS] JHS

View PostFuulio, on 03 April 2018 - 11:33 AM, said:

We ride upon the wings of storm. What hope of escape can our foes have?

Excuse me?

Edited by Liner8, 21 April 2018 - 03:57 PM.

Liner8 #5 Posted 23 April 2018 - 10:37 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 17249 battles
  • [JHS] JHS
Okay, so after a major rework of everything in this thread, we're finally able to get this thing running! 

killer999death #6 Posted 23 April 2018 - 11:14 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24280 battles
  • [JHS] JHS

Liner8 #7 Posted 24 April 2018 - 09:12 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 17249 battles
  • [JHS] JHS

killer999death pushed this thread and became a JHS instructor just a few hours after

killer999death is smart

be like killer999death

Dr_Grigz #8 Posted 24 April 2018 - 09:20 AM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Commander
  • 21426 battles
So mister Liner8, are you a student or an " Instructor " yourself ?

Liner8 #9 Posted 24 April 2018 - 12:31 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 17249 battles
  • [JHS] JHS

View PostDr_Grigz, on 24 April 2018 - 09:20 AM, said:

So mister Liner8, are you a student or an " Instructor " yourself ?

Hello Dr_Grigz,

at first, thank you for reading (a part of?) our project introduction & recruitement text.

I assume your inquiry was posed provocatively and aimed at the question wheather an average player should work as an instructor for a schooling clan. If you read the text careful you will notice that your question has already been answered in the text:

View PostRanger_Alone, on 07 March 2018 - 06:34 PM, said:

If you ask yourself why the requirements are relatively low, I’d recommend reading the “About us” section on our website.

This has been made so short because the old thread was three times as long as this one and thus not practical anymore. You can still find it on the aforementioned and linked website. I quoted a little part of the text here.

JHS Website

I’d like to compare us to the crew system of the game: The lowest crew experience possible is 50%. This is comparable to a new player who just completed the tutorial.

Then there is the 100% crew training which players can get at regular schooling clans. They are in many ways the best education for newcomers.

But a lot of newcomers don’t go to these clans, mainly because of one of the following two reasons:

Problem 1: They are all extremely good and I’m not, I don’t want to be a burden for them.

Problem 2: This all sounds so sophisticated, only elite players need that set of skills.

We see that for a good education, a different kind of training is needed -the 75% training. A kind of high school between the tutorial-elementary and the pro-clan-university.

Okay, if my sarcasm detector horribly malfunctioned regarding the intentions of the question, please tell me so and I'll answer anew.

Edited by Liner8, 24 April 2018 - 12:56 PM.

Dr_Grigz #10 Posted 24 April 2018 - 03:07 PM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Commander
  • 21426 battles

I didn't mean it in a bad way. I was in a clan with good players and our clan leader was some bloak that had yellow stats, and he managed the clan really well from a " Marketing " ( I guess ) stand point. He basically didn't play the game a lot but just did the clan leading stuff. So i was wondering if you are actually a Student / Instuctor in what you are actually advertising to players in this here post.

Edited by Dr_Grigz, 24 April 2018 - 03:11 PM.

Liner8 #11 Posted 24 April 2018 - 03:52 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 17249 battles
  • [JHS] JHS

Okay, thanks for the explanation of your question.

I actually do a lot as an instructor, especially with players who have less than 500 battles. I teach them typical routes in the battle, help them deciding which tanks to grind for and show them how to do the settings properly. Showing the players the strengths and weaknesses of their tanks and how/where to use them. 

Currently, I'm working on a series of guides about lowtier tanks.

Zavarosan #12 Posted 26 April 2018 - 08:39 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3635 battles
  • [JHS] JHS
Everyone that has been waiting for gentle Liner must be disappointed, but today it's me keeping watch. :bush:

Zavarosan #13 Posted 28 April 2018 - 09:59 AM

Private

• Player
  • 3635 battles
  • [JHS] JHS
Three things you can do on a weekend: Gardening :bush:, movie marathon :popcorn:and babysitting your bosses little darling. :child:

Zavarosan #14 Posted 30 April 2018 - 10:17 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3635 battles
  • [JHS] JHS

[JHS] - we love

Let's grow together. ;)

Edited by Zavarosan, 30 April 2018 - 10:18 PM.

Liner8 #15 Posted 01 May 2018 - 08:31 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 17249 battles
  • [JHS] JHS
T(h)anks a lot to Zavarosan for keeping everything running while I was away. :)

Liner8 #16 Posted 02 May 2018 - 07:00 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 17249 battles
  • [JHS] JHS

Liner8 #17 Posted 03 May 2018 - 06:56 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 17249 battles
  • [JHS] JHS
Running out of creative pushes right now because I don't want to recycle the ones from the German forums.

Liner8 #18 Posted 04 May 2018 - 10:57 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 17249 battles
  • [JHS] JHS
uncreative push

Liner8 #19 Posted 06 May 2018 - 07:30 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 17249 battles
  • [JHS] JHS

We're still searching instrcutors!

Liner8 #20 Posted 08 May 2018 - 02:31 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 17249 battles
  • [JHS] JHS
Okay maybe I should proofread these pushes... Noone wants to be an instrcutor. We also don't offer a position like this. Recruiting instructors though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users