• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Thuis001 #1 Posted 07 March 2018 - 11:19 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 5568 battles
  • [-SBN-] -SBN-

Hello everyone.

With the second week of the Countdown to 1.0 starting tomorrow I started to think. It has been quite a while since the last tier VIII prem marathon on EU, more precisely: Almost a year, the last one was in I believe May 2017 for the T25 Pilot. And while we have had 2 others since (T-34-85M and HT No. VI) I would like to see a new one for tier VIII in the next couple of months.

So what ways could they improve it's implementation?

Private/Veteran system:

The current "marathon" features something that I believe is quite unique, two "difficulties" and this is something that might be used in the future aswell, with different prices for them ofcourse (I think the worst thing currently is that completing all the Veteran missions doesn't get you anything extra at the end of the event...) The current way Private tier IV+ and Veteran tier VIII+ is fine and doesn't need any change.

Rewards:

Untill now all mission marathons had just 1 main price, generally a tank (with a slot ofcourse) but by adding this Private/Veteran system to it you can add something extra aswell. 

How would this work? For most marathons it would work by having the tank be the price for the Private difficulty, but completing the veteran difficulty could gain you extra stuff, like? A free 1 or 2 skill crew for a tank of the same nation and class to go with the tank. Camoflages, equipment etc. Or perhaps (in case of a tier VIII marathon) a lower tier prem (for example a tier VI prem). This way people get an incentive to complete the missions on veteran difficulty. Perhaps giving players the possibility to choose the tank for reward would be nice in addition aswell.

Missions:

A marathon ofcourse requires missions but how should these look and work? To be honest the missions on the different difficulties should be the same (you are already doing it at higher tiers, perhaps somewhat higher dmg required) besides that should ALL missions be doable on their respective tiers, in a reasonable amount of time (1-2 hours tops, more then that is something most people won't have which will mean less people participate in them) by a normal player (50% WR, around 1k WN8 etc.) and they should differ between the days, so no: Day 1: 1k xp, Day 2: 2k xp... Day 15: 15k xp because this is genuinly boring, rather try some other things, however! they should not rely on RNG to trigger them. So no: Detonate the ammorack of a tank. Or something like that, these aren't really skill bound but just pure luck.

This way mission marathons might be a lot more interesting in the near future. And I really hope there will be one for tier VIII somewhat soon (I need credits... And no! I'm not gonna buy a premium tank because of my view concerning the game and company. (Fix the game first, make sure it is reliably fun, remove arty, prem rounds, make grinds more bearable, rebalance tanks INCLUDING premiums. etc.))

Have a nice day.

fighting_falcon93 #2 Posted 08 March 2018 - 12:38 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 29326 battles

I believe you missed the most important part: To allow players to choose themselves which premium tank they want.

Player A wants a T34, player B wants a Löwe and player C wants an IS-6. You see you can't please everyone by using the old system where WG decides the premium tank. However, by allowing player A, B and C to decide for themselves, you suddenly make everyone happy.

Me personally doesn't really care which kind of mission it is, as long as I get to choose the tank myself and as long as it's not overly difficult or grindy.

Edited by fighting_falcon93, 08 March 2018 - 12:39 AM.

Balc0ra #3 Posted 08 March 2018 - 12:56 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 62749 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Postfighting_falcon93, on 08 March 2018 - 12:38 AM, said:

I believe you missed the most important part: To allow players to choose themselves which premium tank they want.

Player A wants a T34, player B wants a Löwe and player C wants an IS-6. You see you can't please everyone by using the old system where WG decides the premium tank. However, by allowing player A, B and C to decide for themselves, you suddenly make everyone happy.

Me personally doesn't really care which kind of mission it is, as long as I get to choose the tank myself and as long as it's not overly difficult or grindy.

Or you can do like NA did late last year and had 3 Marathon missions for each one.. tho the Black version, and the Mutz vs the Lowe. Mutz was the hardest one. T34 B was the easiest. If you were good enough, you could get all 3. 

fighting_falcon93 #4 Posted 08 March 2018 - 01:06 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 29326 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 08 March 2018 - 12:56 AM, said:

Or you can do like NA did late last year and had 3 Marathon missions for each one.. tho the Black version, and the Mutz vs the Lowe. Mutz was the hardest one. T34 B was the easiest. If you were good enough, you could get all 3. 

Yeah, but you missed the point :P

I only mentioned players A, B and C. Then we also have player D that wants a T-34-3, and player E that wants a FV4202, and player F that wants a Strv S1, and so on. It will be a massive mess if they add all tanks in the game connected to different missions. That's why it's better to allow players to earn tokens, and then players can use these tokens in a marathon prize shop. For instance, player G might prefer 2 tier 6 premium tanks over 1 tier 8 premium tank etc.

Thuis001 #5 Posted 08 March 2018 - 06:14 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 5568 battles
  • [-SBN-] -SBN-

I believe that I actually said that giving people that choice was a good idea but oh well 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users