Assistance damage for tanks shot after they dissapeared

assistance

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

th013 #1 Posted 08 March 2018 - 10:04 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 39102 battles

It happens, especially in arty, to shot at spot where tank was spotted seconds before but it's not visible anymore.

You maybe think about crediting assistance to one who spotted even if it's not spotted anymore....

Just played one game, and felt bad for LT which spotted some TD, but as I had new crew in arty, took me about 9 seconds to aim 100%, and tank was invisible when I fired. I did hit it and destroyed it, but no credits were awarded to LT who made that shot possible.

It happens also with other classes, when you know tank is there and shot blind... but you are shoting blind because someone spotted it before there.

You may think maybe to credit assistance XP for next 30-60 seconds, or until tank moves 20m from last known spot .

Aikl #2 Posted 08 March 2018 - 10:15 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25167 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

You do, in fact, get spotting damage on tanks that have disappeared, though it's around five-six seconds rather than 30. I often write the assist done in chat, it can be rather useful to know if someone's a oneshot. Slim chance of people listening, but still. Teamplay.

Part about moving 20m would be rather interesting, but there's not a lot of blindshooting that actually hits anyway. I could also see tanks getting less camo if they were spotted and didn't move. Hm...

Edited by Aikl, 08 March 2018 - 10:16 AM.

Somnorila #3 Posted 08 March 2018 - 10:58 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 55694 battles
  • [4-YOU] 4-YOU
You do get assists after the enemy cloaked again. But it's a small window. Same happens to you as arty too, if you blind fire and another ally does the same you get assistance for stun or track. You even get assisted damage even if you died and allies keep shooting at your spotted targets. 

Balc0ra #4 Posted 08 March 2018 - 12:40 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64443 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
Think it's 5 seconds. If anyone hits it with blind fire in that short window. The spotter or the spotters still get the assist. Tho 60 seconds might be a tad to long, even if it's countered by movement.

Cobra6 #5 Posted 08 March 2018 - 12:45 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostAikl, on 08 March 2018 - 09:15 AM, said:

You do, in fact, get spotting damage on tanks that have disappeared, though it's around five-six seconds rather than 30. I often write the assist done in chat, it can be rather useful to know if someone's a oneshot. Slim chance of people listening, but still. Teamplay.

I do exactly this as well, I write in chat how much damage was done to the target if it's not visible anymore. Very useful for your team and the shooter to know they hit.

Also, if you blindfire enemies you seem to get the damage done somehow, happened to me a couple of days ago blindfiring something out of render range and hitting. Got the client telling me exactly how much damage I did.

Cobra 6

th013 #6 Posted 08 March 2018 - 11:54 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 39102 battles

Yeah, I actually noted that dmg on invisible, but cannot remember on spot.

Anyway... some more than 5 sec will be more fair to scouts. at least 20-30 sec will be OK.

Player in LT did actually scout, for a change in game full of sniping LTs with 0 assistance and 100% over 300m dmg,

and I oneshot some TD he actually spotted (swedish tier 4), but checked he had less assistance than that single hit I made....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users