• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

ZbysiaxXx69 #1 Posted 08 March 2018 - 10:31 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 28586 battles
  • [TANKI] TANKI

Hello everyone,

I was looking at the new Italian tanks yesterday and started thinking about how it is a shame that not many people care about those low tier vehicles. I mean, we get 2 Italian tier 2s but only because they were both mass-produced, but there are many, many minibranches that could end at tier 8 or 6 or even 4, but WG is not bringing them in, because, well, they can't make money on them. So I started thinking, what can be done about that.

First of, we need to understand a few things about low-tier gameplay. First of all - it's where players start, obviously, so we don't want experienced players to ruin the day for newcomers. Secondly, we don't want to slow down the grind towards higher tiers. Those 2 things mean, that there should be an additional game-mode where people could play with their low-tier vehicles. However, here we encounter another problem - the average HP for T2 vehicle is around 160, while average DPM is slightly above 1000 (we're talking light tanks here), while the average HP for T10s is circa 2000 and average DPM like 2300? So on average it takes T10s to kill each a minute, while T2s - about 15 s? That's a big difference and it means that mistakes on T2 are much more costly than on T10.

So, here's what I would do in this new game-mode: I would have a different set of statistics for those vehicles that would be "scaled up" to match those of T10s. I don't mean literally scaling up dmg, armour, penetration and so on, but rather making the DPM/HP coefficient similar to those of T10s. This way we could have longer battles, you could risk more, try to use your armour and so on. As to how to encourage people to play in such a game mode - you could give special camos, maybe visual decorations for tanks like logs and other clutter, maybe even enable ppl to get marks of excellence on those low tier tanks but only in this special game-mode. You could have it for different tiers - I was thinking T2, T4, T6... maybe T8? You can always also give some obligations and what-not.

The idea would make playing low-tiers rewarding, fun and interesting. You wouldn't sealclub this way. Also, it would make WG employee's work on low-tier vehicles meaningful and maybe encourage them to put in game branches that do not end in T10s? There are Christie tanks, many pre-war French tanks, many nations could make their own mini tech trees using that idea...

tl;dr Make a special game-mode for low-tier vehicles with similar HP/DPM ratios as T10s, give rewards for that and bring more interesting low-tier content.

Balc0ra #2 Posted 08 March 2018 - 12:45 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66636 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
People don't care about low tiers for a few reasons. One "for me at least" is that since the new player protection went away. It's just low tier cannon fodder vs mostly players with a few hundred games under their belt, not 10 000. So most will do the low tier Italian tanks in a few games with easy XP. Or skipping it, because it's not worth their time. Adding that into a new game mode so it will take longer to kill them on their condemned failure to understand the game less with those modes won't change anything. Or help them much.

ZbysiaxXx69 #3 Posted 08 March 2018 - 12:51 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 28586 battles
  • [TANKI] TANKI

View PostBalc0ra, on 08 March 2018 - 12:45 PM, said:

People don't care about low tiers for a few reasons. One "for me at least" is that since the new player protection went away. It's just low tier cannon fodder vs mostly players with a few hundred games under their belt, not 10 000. So most will do the low tier Italian tanks in a few games with easy XP. Or skipping it, because it's not worth their time. Adding that into a new game mode so it will take longer to kill them on their condemned failure to understand the game less with those modes won't change anything. Or help them much.

I think you didn't quite get for whom this game mode would be - it would be for expierenced players that want to play low tiers. They wouldn't have to seal club in random queue, rather play in more demanding enviroinment with better rewards than just exp and credits that they make on higher tiers.

EDIT: Also, it's not meant for Italian tanks only, they just made me think of low tiers. I would even maybe limit this game mode only to tanks that are elite, so you wouldn't grind exp for the next tank there.

Edited by ZbysiaxXx69, 08 March 2018 - 12:54 PM.

VsUK #4 Posted 08 March 2018 - 01:03 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14288 battles
I recently decided to try & grind the soviet tank tree, aiming for the 140 & the 705A. 2 tanks that suit my style of play. But I've noticed a gulf between low tiers & tier 8+. I know, if I'm in a tier 8. I have some chance to inflict damage on any tier 9/10 tanks that I come across. Its just a case of picking my moment. But when your in a tier 5/6 tank & you get stuck in a tier 7/8 game. You know there's nothing you can do. There's a gulf between tiers 5-7 & 6-8 that isn't really present in tiers 8-10.  I now understand why people pay to skip grinding their way to the new tier 10 tanks. Because it is insanely horrible. Not only do people not communicate. But you often see them sat in the open, getting shot at & not even moving. 

Also, Tier 10 arty cant 1 shot kill tier 10 tanks. So what on earth was WG thinking by giving the ability for Tier 4/5 & 6 Arty to one shot kill same tier tanks? Or worse. I was in my T-34 & I had a tier 8 arty kill me with splash in one shot. Didn't even hit me, he hit the rock on top I was hiding behind, but still good enough to kill. 

But I'm determined to grind my way to tier 10 soviets without paying to convert exp or using premium ammo.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users