Turret aiming reticule movement issue

aiming reticule movement issue bug

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Poll: Turret aiming reticule movement issue (18 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Have you experienced jerky/uncontrolled aiming reticule (not camera) movements in WoT?

1. Yes (13 votes [72.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 72.22%

2. No (5 votes [27.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.78%

Vote Hide poll

Eraser2 #1 Posted 08 March 2018 - 08:36 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5008 battles

Hello,

I have been experiencing a weird issue in World of Tanks which started about 3-4 weeks ago.

The aiming reticule of the gun/turret, not the camera reticule, suddenly starts moving up-down on its own (several millimeters), independent of where I'm moving the camera reticule.

This can happen, when I'm moving, standing still and traversing my gun or simply not touching the mouse and keyboard.

I can have a whole day with this issue, or just one batlle, or just a few seconds, it's really random.

The end result is a slight headache (as the screen moves very little too) and missing shots.

This issue is only present in World of Tanks.

I play other games, like shooters as well, where there is no such issue.

I have been unable to solve this either on my own, or with the help of WoT support.

Have any of you guys and girls experienced this issue?

JCD3nton #2 Posted 08 March 2018 - 08:55 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 21688 battles
Sometimes a bad mouse pad can do that.

Eraser2 #3 Posted 08 March 2018 - 09:03 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5008 battles

Hey there,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have seen this suggestion in a different thread and I will try it.

I have ruled out the mice, as I have bought a second one recently, uninstalled the old drivers and installed the new ones and it's the same problem.

What is really killing me is the fact that this is the only game I have noticed this.

The issue started about a month ago, even though I played for around a year.

I own the mouse (the old one) for about two years and the mouse mat for around a year, and they haven't given me any issues.

Its weird that I have not seen any posts about this particular issue.

Thanks again for your suggestion.

Balc0ra #4 Posted 08 March 2018 - 09:05 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66239 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostEraser2, on 08 March 2018 - 08:36 PM, said:

The aiming reticule of the gun/turret, not the camera reticule, suddenly starts moving up-down on its own (several millimeters), independent of where I'm moving the camera reticule.

This can happen, when I'm moving, standing still and traversing my gun or simply not touching the mouse and keyboard.

Because the gun sight's behavior is depended on what it aims at. It follows the terrain etc. The camera sight does not. So it will jump and follow the terrain as the gun as to "adjust" to follow or hit that spot when you are moving, or when you are standing still and objects moves in front, or disappears from your sights. As then you are aiming at something closer or further back, and the gun adjusts for it.

Or... it's a mouse with a bad mouse pad or even dust or hair on your laser that can make the mouse move, even if you are not moving it. If it affects both, even if you might not notice the camera one moving.

Edited by Balc0ra, 08 March 2018 - 09:06 PM.

K_A #5 Posted 08 March 2018 - 09:09 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13641 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Do you by any chance have serverside reticle on? That can and usually does cause some jerking with the gun reticle.

Eraser2 #6 Posted 08 March 2018 - 09:09 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5008 battles

Thank you too, Balc0ra, for the input.

I know what you mean about the regular gun sight movement but this one is jerky even if you stand still and look at the sky, without touching anything.

Since I changed the mouse, I will also change the mousepad.

Somehow I hope the new engine will make this problem magically disappear, but I doubt it.

Eraser2 #7 Posted 08 March 2018 - 09:11 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5008 battles

View PostK_A, on 08 March 2018 - 09:09 PM, said:

Do you by any chance have serverside reticle on? That can and usually does cause some jerking with the gun reticle.

Always had it disabled by default.

Tried a few days ago to play with it enabled and it was kind of weird, so I redisabled it.

Bordhaw #8 Posted 08 March 2018 - 09:21 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 11536 battles

View PostEraser2, on 08 March 2018 - 07:36 PM, said:

Hello,

I have been experiencing a weird issue in World of Tanks which started about 3-4 weeks ago.

I can have a whole day with this issue, or just one batlle, or just a few seconds, it's really random.

The end result is a slight headache (as the screen moves very little too) and missing shots.

This issue is only present in World of Tanks.

I play other games, like shooters as well, where there is no such issue.

I have been unable to solve this either on my own, or with the help of WoT support.

Have any of you guys and girls experienced this issue?

Maybe give us some information like - PC stats, FPS, ping, firewall etc...

Eraser2 #9 Posted 08 March 2018 - 09:37 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5008 battles

I am on a ASUS RoG G751JY laptop, i7-4710HQ, 8 GB RAM, GTX 980m 4GB.

I have around 57 ping, and as for FPS, I cannot get more than 60 due to the crappy ASUS RoG laptop display.

As for firewall, I only have Windows Defender on.

Don't know what other specs I can provide you with.

P.S. - I have Windows 8 64 bit

Edited by Eraser2, 08 March 2018 - 09:38 PM.

Eraser2 #10 Posted 09 March 2018 - 09:14 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5008 battles

Well Wargaming just closed my ticket for the 4th time stating that it is just on my end and that there is nothing wrong with the game itself.

I even shampooed my mouse mat lol, still no changes, same old jerky movements of the gun reticule.

I guess it's just my luck being stuck with such a dubious anomaly.

Anyway I want to thank you guys for all of your feedback and suggestions.

Mike_Mckay #11 Posted 09 March 2018 - 09:17 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20283 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-
I have

It also seemed to be much more prevalent whilst I had a severe chest infection and cough last month too....... :)

Eraser2 #12 Posted 09 March 2018 - 09:30 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5008 battles

Sorry to hear about your health issues Mike, hope you're okay now.

What I hope with this thread is to raise awareness of the issue with Wargaming, since the support said that this is an isolated case, as no else reported it before.

Edited by Eraser2, 09 March 2018 - 09:30 PM.

vasilinhorulezz #13 Posted 09 March 2018 - 09:45 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22813 battles

Make sure that your connection is stable, maybe?

Also run game in safe mode, or try a repair from the launcher?

Eraser2 #14 Posted 09 March 2018 - 09:53 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5008 battles

View Postvasilinhorulezz, on 09 March 2018 - 09:45 PM, said:

Make sure that your connection is stable, maybe?

Also run game in safe mode, or try a repair from the launcher?

Thank you for your suggestions, mate.

The internet connection is quite stable, no issues there.

Tried troubleshooting the game from the launcher too and then running it in safe mode, and with reset graphics settings - same issue unfortunately.

DracheimFlug #15 Posted 09 March 2018 - 11:00 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 8957 battles

View PostEraser2, on 09 March 2018 - 09:14 PM, said:

Well Wargaming just closed my ticket for the 4th time stating that it is just on my end and that there is nothing wrong with the game itself.

I even shampooed my mouse mat lol, still no changes, same old jerky movements of the gun reticule.

I guess it's just my luck being stuck with such a dubious anomaly.

Anyway I want to thank you guys for all of your feedback and suggestions.

It isn't an anomaly. It is a 'feature.' As Balc0ra said in one of the posts above, the game tries to predict what you are aiming at. It is really annoying and can be really frustrating. Would love to hear tips from some of the skilled players on how to compensate for it.... 

Nishi_Kinuyo #16 Posted 09 March 2018 - 11:49 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 7724 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostDracheimFlug, on 09 March 2018 - 11:00 PM, said:

It isn't an anomaly. It is a 'feature.' As Balc0ra said in one of the posts above, the game tries to predict what you are aiming at. It is really annoying and can be really frustrating. Would love to hear tips from some of the skilled players on how to compensate for it.... 

You compesate for it in four easy steps:

Step 1: Git.

Step 2: Gud.

Step 3: ???

Step 4: Profit.

:P

Anyhow, I never really noticed it, and I got server reticule on.

Maybe I should start paying attention to it and see if it happens due to that.

If it turns out to be a mouse-related issue, then I'm fairly certain that I won't suffer from it since I use a mechanical (ball) mouse.

Edited by Nishi_Kinuyo, 09 March 2018 - 11:50 PM.

DIREWOLF75 #17 Posted 10 March 2018 - 01:05 AM

Private

• Player
  • 8352 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 08 March 2018 - 09:05 PM, said:

Because the gun sight's behavior is depended on what it aims at. It follows the terrain etc. The camera sight does not. So it will jump and follow the terrain as the gun as to "adjust" to follow or hit that spot when you are moving, or when you are standing still and objects moves in front, or disappears from your sights. As then you are aiming at something closer or further back, and the gun adjusts for it.

Or... it's a mouse with a bad mouse pad or even dust or hair on your laser that can make the mouse move, even if you are not moving it. If it affects both, even if you might not notice the camera one moving.

There's also another stupid thing that moves the sight around drastically.   Switching between view modes can also screw up targeting dreadfully bad sometimes, usually when the arcade view has problems with terrain of some sort and tries to change to a "free" viewpoint.   Really annoying switching for a moment to check/correct your position, switch back less than a second later and suddenly your aimpoint is maximum depression or elevation instead of straight forward towards a target.

Also tagged with aiming, reticule, movement, issue, bug

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users