wn8 is a lie RUSH RATING

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

HundeWurst #1 Posted 09 March 2018 - 02:13 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 67602 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

OK boys, we all know that in 3 more days this season is over. Here are just some quick feelings about this season:

The mode is unfair:

Due to the more recent balancing gold ammo spam becomes mendatory in ranked battles. I cannot imagine that a lot of free2play players are in the high ranks.... Playing free2play mode in ranked seems like the most stupid idea there ever was. Even SirFoch played full gold Type 5 in ranked.... That should mean something.

The same old things I have said multiple times still are there:

Ranked is not about skill but more about grinding something. More time = higher placement. Skill just speeds things up a bit. This has nothing to do with a skillbased mode. Its designed to burn credits to make people buy WG products.

The Chevron gain system is still total bull$hit. Instead of playing for the win people play for the top 5 experience wise, which is often something completly different then to play for the win.

The current implementation promotes the worst possible gameplay - some examples:

Even though often capping the base would secure a victory nobody does it since capping does not make you gain chevrons.

Pushing in a united force never happens.... You die early, you dont gain or even lose a chevron....

Ranked showed to the maximum extend how terribly bad, even hideous, 2 asects of the game are:

Tier 10 tank balancing is the biggest lie there is. Its all over the place, the entire tier is completly broken and just sad and stupid.

Map design is terrible, super unbalanced and flat out bad.

Its short, hardly anything is explained, but why even bother with explaining anything? WG does not care. They are already planning the next obj. 268 V4 buff instead - as we all know.

PS: Ranked made me hate 50% till 55% winrate players. They think they are good but in reality they are not. THey dont make the biggest mistakes any more but dont understand to pressure and push the enemy at all. They might have learnt that its a good idea to go hulldown in your SC, but they dont understand that it makes no sense to just go hulldown but lose the game because they dont advance further.

K_A #2 Posted 09 March 2018 - 02:26 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13567 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

WG tested both chevron neutral and chevron positive distributions in the beta seasons and apparently they thought chevron positive was better. Of course the downside is that anyone with enough credits and time could just grind their way up the ladders with determination and patience..

I haven't really played ranked so I wouldn't know how much that sort of thing affects the gameplay, for me WG still haven't managed to make the game mode enticing enough to seriously participate in.

One solution would to have ranked in a different tier/tier spread, but choosing which tier other than 10 would be tricky and controversial no matter what they ended up with.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #3 Posted 09 March 2018 - 02:49 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 44999 battles

About a dozen or so topics were created about this season of ranked battles and they basically said the same so i am pretty sure this one's redundant. Also i am sure your superior pushing and pressuring tactics and your general "goodness" are best illustrated by this...

Edited by XxKuzkina_MatxX, 09 March 2018 - 02:50 AM.

BonjiOrongji #4 Posted 09 March 2018 - 03:09 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 39472 battles
  • [RMBLE] RMBLE

i have the feeling the ranked mode is exactly what WG wants it to be  ... luring ppl in a mode to waste time and credits in return for a price, bonds and gold  in this case

ogremage #5 Posted 09 March 2018 - 04:46 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31667 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA

I liked this season.

The chevron positive system means nearly everyone can grind to Rank 15 and more. But the chevron neutral system in Beta Season 2 felt very random and if you were unlucky with teams then it was very difficult to progress - the sample size small after all.

I disliked a few things this season:

• XP distribution often if not always felt unfair. Sometimes I did nearly nothing but magically stumbled unto one or two chevrons. Sometimes I really carried but got no chevron as it was spotting & area control & initiating pushes. Either tweak the formula or move to some ELO system where XP doesn't even matter.
  • Selfish & toxic gameplay. The amount of times I have been team shot & blocked on purpose in ranked has very much exceeded random battles. Perhaps because the stakes are higher or the players feel like they are "better". I have had people block me when leaving spawn in an LT and then shoot me because they think I slowed them down. Being shot for making a killing shot on the enemy they thought they had the "right" to kill. And so forth. Stronger penalties for team damage are needed. Turning off team damage will not help as it will just turn into a blocking & pushing fest.

Premium ammo spam is kind of annoying but I've learned to accept that this is how WG earns money and they have to earn money somehow - after all they have to pay the horde of developers and for the servers. They are a business.

Tank dis-balances and the fact that only a few t10 tanks were really competitive is also something that cannot easily be solved, the tanks cannot be balanced for every scenario and making them all balanced for t10 ranked battles would make some of them dis-balanced for randoms.

I think t9 ranked battles should be done too, it's a nice tier.

Spurtung #6 Posted 09 March 2018 - 04:49 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 60179 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 09 March 2018 - 03:49 AM, said:

About a dozen or so topics were created about this season of ranked battles and they basically said the same so i am pretty sure this one's redundant. Also i am sure your superior pushing and pressuring tactics and your general "goodness" are best illustrated by this...

Spoiler

Savage AF.

ogremage #7 Posted 09 March 2018 - 04:52 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31667 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA

View PostWunderWurst, on 09 March 2018 - 01:13 AM, said:

PS: Ranked made me hate 50% till 55% winrate players. They think they are good but in reality they are not. THey dont make the biggest mistakes any more but dont understand to pressure and push the enemy at all. They might have learnt that its a good idea to go hulldown in your SC, but they dont understand that it makes no sense to just go hulldown but lose the game because they dont advance further.

I think often "you purples" just want the greens to sacrifice themselves so that you can keep HP and win the game and get the chevrons, while they just die early-/mid-game and get nothing.

And I don't often see "you purples" initiating the pushes in this game mode, often just selfish gameplay instead.

Which is what this mode promotes so I guess it's to be expected.

Interesting, that this game mode has made me fear purple super-unicums a bit less. They still die when you focus them. You can still pen their tanks if you shoot them right. Yes, they will do a fantastic job of macro- and micro-positioning and using their team's hitpoints as theirs, but when you meet 5 of them on every enemy team then they get a lot less scary over time (compared to randoms where just one of them walking over your team in a flank you are not present is a big problem).

Edited by ogremage, 09 March 2018 - 06:49 AM.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #8 Posted 09 March 2018 - 05:01 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 44999 battles

View PostSpurtung, on 09 March 2018 - 05:49 AM, said:

Savage AF.

Thank you!

omglaserspewpew #9 Posted 09 March 2018 - 06:45 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 32105 battles
  • [3VS27] 3VS27

View PostWunderWurst, on 09 March 2018 - 02:13 AM, said:

But, but ... if I do that and kemp bush liek a pro, I will be top spot in losing team and get a chevron, right?

Right?

Archaean #10 Posted 09 March 2018 - 07:15 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14948 battles
  • [S4LT] S4LT

Every time I try to push hill on Karelia I get left alone by my dear comrades and left to die there. Meanwhile my dear comrades are farming the ones I spotted during my short lived life. I truly salute them for their helpfulness.

Things like that don't only happen on Karelia but there are other many examples that promote that scummy game play. 

Keyhand #11 Posted 09 March 2018 - 07:21 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 57372 battles
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN

plusplus

veso_vn #12 Posted 09 March 2018 - 07:45 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 18615 battles
I`m sick to play against type 5 

monthey_ #13 Posted 09 March 2018 - 08:16 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34107 battles
  • [MAROC] MAROC
Season 3 was still better than the previous ones, the best change was you almost stopped creating Ranked threads upon Ranked threads :P 

8126Jakobsson #14 Posted 09 March 2018 - 08:45 AM

Major

• Player
  • 61208 battles

This was my first season participating. They presented the rewards and I accepted. Fair deal. But without that I wouldn't touch the game mode and a mode that can't stand on it's own doesn't have a bright future. I see it as a resource trade/grind; credits and time for bonds and some other various stuff, with its popularity being solely dependent on the trade-off. I wasn't hating playing it though, so there's that. :P 

____Green____ #15 Posted 09 March 2018 - 08:58 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 15061 battles
  • [L-G-N] L-G-N

I make Line 2 push on prohorovka, shoot enemy tanks in central sector from back staying hull down. I am grinding dmg 4k+ from flank by using ridge and keep enemy in hard crossfire, make 3 frags and I finish battle in 13th place and my teammates who helped me with that push get the same... WTF? Key moment of this battle was early line 2 push.

Playing artillery - same *edited*. Shoot oneshots, keep in 24/7 stun enemy tanks on some flank or hold back some agresive push, make 4k dmg and get no exp and stay on gray. Key moment of the battle, was keeping in stun and holding back enemy push. After this battle I even got a msg from teammate who finished top1 "Awesome job, MVP"

Playing is7 or Sconq on full HE, make 1.2k dmg, 1k assist and finish in first place. GG DaFQ? No key moment at all, just holding down LMB and switching W; S; W; S; W; S

Defending flank on WZ 5A, in first few minutes make 3.5k dmg alone against few pushing enemys and get killed, in same time team pushes other flank, get behind and win battle. I finish 12th by exp. DFQ? Key moment was holding back those pushing tanks.

1-12  EZPZ

12-14 gambling

14-15 IS7; WZ 5A and 50% HE

15+ gambling

Edited by NickMustaine, 11 March 2018 - 02:10 PM.
inappropriate language

jabster #16 Posted 09 March 2018 - 09:02 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12516 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View Post8126Jakobsson, on 09 March 2018 - 07:45 AM, said:

This was my first season participating. They presented the rewards and I accepted. Fair deal. But without that I wouldn't touch the game mode and a mode that can't stand on it's own doesn't have a bright future. I see it as a resource trade/grind; credits and time for bonds and some other various stuff, with its popularity being solely dependent on the trade-off. I wasn't hating playing it though, so there's that. :P 

Any mode that you have to offer that type of incentive to play, well maybe WG should rethink whether it’s a good mode in the first place.

uglycousin #17 Posted 09 March 2018 - 09:04 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 42641 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 09 March 2018 - 03:49 AM, said:

Buddy, before this gets out of hand, this was endgame. Me and WunderWurst were frontline all game risking our HP and now we were waiting for the last enemy camper to be spotted on the other side of the map. Almost half the team was there already, no point driving further while trying to squeeze any bit of damage possible in order to not finish bottom 5 due to some weird XP distributing. We both gained chevrons that game fyi. I got two and WunderWurst was top 5 XP wise.

You took my screenshot out of context just so you might insinuate WunderWurst ranked up by camping? Just *edited*please.

Edited by NickMustaine, 11 March 2018 - 02:13 PM.
Inappropriate language

adameitas #18 Posted 09 March 2018 - 09:11 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 60551 battles
  • [KITTY] KITTY

View Postogremage, on 09 March 2018 - 03:46 AM, said:

I liked this season.

The chevron positive system means nearly everyone can grind to Rank 15 and more. But the chevron neutral system in Beta Season 2 felt very random and if you were unlucky with teams then it was very difficult to progress - the sample size small after all.

I disliked a few things this season:

• XP distribution often if not always felt unfair. Sometimes I did nearly nothing but magically stumbled unto one or two chevrons. Sometimes I really carried but got no chevron as it was spotting & area control & initiating pushes. Either tweak the formula or move to some ELO system where XP doesn't even matter.
  • Selfish & toxic gameplay. The amount of times I have been team shot & blocked on purpose in ranked has very much exceeded random battles. Perhaps because the stakes are higher or the players feel like they are "better". I have had people block me when leaving spawn in an LT and then shoot me because they think I slowed them down. Being shot for making a killing shot on the enemy they thought they had the "right" to kill. And so forth. Stronger penalties for team damage are needed. Turning off team damage will not help as it will just turn into a blocking & pushing fest.

Premium ammo spam is kind of annoying but I've learned to accept that this is how WG earns money and they have to earn money somehow - after all they have to pay the horde of developers and for the servers. They are a business.

Tank dis-balances and the fact that only a few t10 tanks were really competitive is also something that cannot easily be solved, the tanks cannot be balanced for every scenario and making them all balanced for t10 ranked battles would make some of them dis-balanced for randoms.

I think t9 ranked battles should be done too, it's a nice tier.

hmm i must say i like t9 idea. That tier has far less broken tanks. On the other hand it wouldnt change that horrible gameplay anyway.. still all on full gold mode in higher ranks, noone spots, noone covers, noone flank..

uglycousin #19 Posted 09 March 2018 - 09:12 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 42641 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

View PostWunderWurst, on 09 March 2018 - 03:13 AM, said:

OK boys, we all know that in 3 more days this season is over. Here are just some quick feelings about this season:

The mode is unfair:

Due to the more recent balancing gold ammo spam becomes mendatory in ranked battles. I cannot imagine that a lot of free2play players are in the high ranks.... Playing free2play mode in ranked seems like the most stupid idea there ever was. Even SirFoch played full gold Type 5 in ranked.... That should mean something.

The same old things I have said multiple times still are there:

Ranked is not about skill but more about grinding something. More time = higher placement. Skill just speeds things up a bit. This has nothing to do with a skillbased mode. Its designed to burn credits to make people buy WG products.

The Chevron gain system is still total bull$hit. Instead of playing for the win people play for the top 5 experience wise, which is often something completly different then to play for the win.

The current implementation promotes the worst possible gameplay - some examples:

Even though often capping the base would secure a victory nobody does it since capping does not make you gain chevrons.

Pushing in a united force never happens.... You die early, you dont gain or even lose a chevron....

Ranked showed to the maximum extend how terribly bad, even hideous, 2 asects of the game are:

Tier 10 tank balancing is the biggest lie there is. Its all over the place, the entire tier is completly broken and just sad and stupid.

Map design is terrible, super unbalanced and flat out bad.

Its short, hardly anything is explained, but why even bother with explaining anything? WG does not care. They are already planning the next obj. 268 V4 buff instead - as we all know.

Was waiting for this topic. :)

View PostWunderWurst, on 09 March 2018 - 03:13 AM, said:

As an overall sub 55% winrate player I can confirm this feeling. I missed some key moments just by my lack of skill.

View Postogremage, on 09 March 2018 - 05:52 AM, said:

Interesting, that this game mode has made me fear purple super-unicums a bit less. They still die when you focus them. You can still pen their tanks if you shoot them right. Yes, they will do a fantastic job of macro- and micro-positioning and using their team's hitpoints as theirs, but when you meet 5 of them on every enemy team then they get a lot less scary over time (compared to randoms where just one of them walking over your team in a flank you are not present is a big problem).

This also.

250swb #20 Posted 09 March 2018 - 09:19 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 20814 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postuglycousin, on 09 March 2018 - 08:12 AM, said:

As an overall sub 55% winrate player I can confirm this feeling. I missed some key moments just by my lack of skill.

Fear not, yourself and many other players may now be on his official hate list, but it's a dichotomy because he'll 'love' you when you are the tomato on the other team. But I don't think blaming a game mode for making him hate people is particularly balanced.

Edited by 250swb, 09 March 2018 - 09:25 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users