A complete joke!

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

DeadElviS #1 Posted 10 March 2018 - 12:27 AM

Private

• Player
  • 7681 battles
  • [-7AB-] -7AB-

Well what a total waste of time this game has become, take the latest mission for example Veteran- place top 5 and win, i have a couple of tier VIII tanks and that's it, so tonight i played way over 20 games and nothing, WHY - because every game i was in with tier 9-10 what am i meant to do against their HP damage? They're doing 2-3-4 thousand damage where as I'm lucky to get over a thousand.

I fully admit that I'm not very good at the game because I have a life outside of this game so I'm not on it every day, but give me a chance!

The matchmaking is just a complete farce where generally most people that are tier 9-10 are playing with premium rounds (yes i know you can buy them for credits but they cost a lot) so what chance do I stand, answer- none.

I'm slowly going off this game which is a shame as I've played it since 2011, but what's the point in playing something that you lose 90% of your games because of bad matchmaking and premium pay to win players, and at the end of an evening I feel that I've had a miserable few hours getting frustrated over something beyond my control.

Enforcer1975 #2 Posted 10 March 2018 - 12:32 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20760 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Short version: git gud

Long version: If you are not good enough to fight +1+2 tiered enemies in higher tier tanks then you need to go lower where the power difference isn't that punishing when you make a mistake and learn how to play from there. Also....why do you face off against higher tiered opponents in the first place? You have 7-10 tanks from the same tier to fight. Do you camp that far in the back that those are the only tanks who get to you in endgame?

Block Quote

I fully admit that I'm not very good at the game because I have a life outside of this game so I'm not on it every day, but give me a chance!

Many players have a life...but they still try to do their best or at least improve. Becoming a better player doesn't really need much effort, being very bad or very good does.  

Edited by Enforcer1975, 10 March 2018 - 12:35 AM.

DeadElviS #3 Posted 10 March 2018 - 12:35 AM

Private

• Player
  • 7681 battles
  • [-7AB-] -7AB-

View PostEnforcer1975, on 09 March 2018 - 11:32 PM, said:

Short version: git gud

Long version: If you are not good enough to fight +1+2 tiered enemies in higher tier tanks then you need to go lower where the power difference isn't that punishing when you make a mistake and learn how to play from there. Also....why do you face off against higher tiered opponents in the first place? You have at 7-10 tanks from the same tier to fight. Do you camp that far in the back that those are the only tanks who get to you in endgame? 

I don't have a choice in the tier i play against, it used to be at one time if you was in tier 8 you could play tier, or 7-8 or 8-9 but nowadays all i seem to be up against 8-10 all the time.

Balc0ra #4 Posted 10 March 2018 - 12:36 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66609 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

44% WR... there is not much the MM can do then to help out. If you face good players, you will lose as I suspect your impact even as top tier is not enough. And if they give you bad players to face when you have good players on your team. You need to be aggressive when the steam roll starts to get a top 5. If you can't get either one of those. Then what can the MM do for you? As I doubt being top tier all the time will help will it? As you barely have a 2nd class on most of your tier 8's. So how many times do you see top 5 on that tier?. The reason why they have top 5 or top 10, and not just a win. Is so that they don't reward bad play all the time. As the T-34-85M missions did. As then even afk players in base got it as long as they won a game now and then. If you can dish out enough damage, or stay alive long enough. Then farm track assist damage vs tier X HT's etc. Might be enough if they kill it fast enough.

And it's not like you will miss out if you don't do all of them. You only need 5 out of 8 days to get the vet reward pack. The others are damage, damage blocked etc. I'm sure you can do those.

Edited by Balc0ra, 10 March 2018 - 12:37 AM.

Enforcer1975 #5 Posted 10 March 2018 - 12:38 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20760 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDeadElviS, on 10 March 2018 - 12:35 AM, said:

I don't have a choice in the tier i play against, it used to be at one time if you was in tier 8 you could play tier, or 7-8 or 8-9 but nowadays all i seem to be up against 8-10 all the time.

You met higher tiered tanks before didn't you? Sure MM sucks a bit but it's actually easier for average and below players because it's not possible to be the only tier 8 in a tier 10 game anymore. As i said, you have 7-10 same tiered tanks depending on MM.

600 average damage in average tier 7.88 in the last 24h isn't really good. Get the damage up ( but not useless damage ) and everything goes up automatically. 

Edited by Enforcer1975, 10 March 2018 - 12:39 AM.

DeadElviS #6 Posted 10 March 2018 - 12:43 AM

Private

• Player
  • 7681 battles
  • [-7AB-] -7AB-

View PostBalc0ra, on 09 March 2018 - 11:36 PM, said:

44% WR... there is not much the MM can do then to help out. If you face good players, you will lose as I suspect your impact even as top tier is not enough. And if they give you bad players to face when you have good players on your team. You need to be aggressive when the steam roll starts to get a top 5. If you can't get either one of those. Then what can the MM do for you? As I doubt being top tier all the time will help will it? As you barely have a 2nd class on most of your tier 8's. So how many times do you see top 5 on that tier?. The reason why they have top 5 or top 10, and not just a win. Is so that they don't reward bad play all the time. As the T-34-85M missions did. As then even afk players in base got it as long as they won a game now and then. If you can dish out enough damage, or stay alive long enough. Then farm track assist damage vs tier X HT's etc. Might be enough if they kill it fast enough.

And it's not like you will miss out if you don't do all of them. You only need 5 out of 8 days to get the vet reward pack. The others are damage, damage blocked etc. I'm sure you can do those.

Thank you for your reply and the way you explained it made a lot of sense, I just feel very disappointed at the many bad games I have had recently.

jabster #7 Posted 10 March 2018 - 12:50 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12555 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
How do you get -15 posts?

DeadElviS #8 Posted 10 March 2018 - 12:51 AM

Private

• Player
  • 7681 battles
  • [-7AB-] -7AB-

View Postjabster, on 09 March 2018 - 11:50 PM, said:

Not a clue :teethhappy:

arthurwellsley #9 Posted 10 March 2018 - 12:51 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 51970 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

View PostDeadElviS, on 09 March 2018 - 11:27 PM, said:

Well what a total waste of time this game has become, take the latest mission for example Veteran- place top 5 and win, i have a couple of tier VIII tanks and that's it, so tonight i played way over 20 games and nothing, WHY - because every game i was in with tier 9-10 what am i meant to do against their HP damage? They're doing 2-3-4 thousand damage where as I'm lucky to get over a thousand.

The matchmaking is just a complete farce where generally most people that are tier 9-10 are playing with premium rounds (yes i know you can buy them for credits but they cost a lot) so what chance do I stand, answer- none.

I'm slowly going off this game which is a shame as I've played it since 2011, but what's the point in playing something that you lose 90% of your games because of bad matchmaking and premium pay to win players, and at the end of an evening I feel that I've had a miserable few hours getting frustrated over something beyond my control.

It is difficult to know how to put this delicately.

OP you have a mere 4,786 battles which is not a massive amount.

It is still possible for you to improve your gameplay.

Part of the difficulty in your team winning in a high tier battle is that you are just not pulling your weight and so the other 14 have to carry you to victory against 15, that makes it hard for them, and clearly frustrating for you.

So what can you do to improve matters?

Think about your own gameplay.

Are you angling your tank correctly as you fight with an enemy?

Are you reading the line ups correctly during the 30 second count down so you can anticipate which enemy tank will go where?

Which map are you playing?

Are the line ups such you should go to the normal places, or do the lineups dictate a more radical approach?

As you advance can your allies support you?

Have you over extended?

Are you alone?

Do you see an ally in a one to one? Can you get across to him to make it a two on one in your teams favour? Can you cross safely?

Is it worth absorbing a shot at a ally to save them from dying and keeping their gun in the game?

read the minimap as the game progresses, is it time to advance or retreat to save the other flank/base?

Do more damage in your tier VIII tanks before dying!

You should at least aim to do the same damage as your tanks HP every match before dying.

There is loads more, it's a complex game.

tl:dr

git gud

FluffyRedFox #10 Posted 10 March 2018 - 12:55 AM

General

• Player
  • 23421 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postjabster, on 10 March 2018 - 12:50 AM, said:

Ah so it wasn't just me getting that iyE1aE1.png?1

RamRaid90 #11 Posted 10 March 2018 - 12:56 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 22102 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

View PostDeadElviS, on 09 March 2018 - 11:27 PM, said:

having "a life" outside of the game has nothing to do with your abilities in it.

You suck, thats the be all and end all. Either learn ow the game works and benefit or stop playing.

This "I have a life" is just a crapbobs excuse for why he sucks.

Guess what: I work 60-70 hours a week. I have a wife and two children. Yet I still manage to not be completely crapat a simple game. So why can't you?

And If you can't be  nothing but a burden in every battle that someone else has to carry your stupid [edited]then WHY FOR THE LOVE OF THE LORD DO YOU CONTINUE TO PLAY?!

Sitting behind the neaarest rock to spawn and dying last with zero damage done cannot be fun for anyone.

Edited by RamRaid90, 10 March 2018 - 01:15 AM.

clixor #12 Posted 10 March 2018 - 12:56 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 51845 battles

View Postarthurwellsley, on 10 March 2018 - 12:51 AM, said:

There is loads more, it's a complex game.

It;s not complex if you at least learn from your mistakes. But if you just RRRRR every single battle and keep blaming teams for your performance than ofcourse someone will never improve.

Pvt_Duffer #13 Posted 10 March 2018 - 01:09 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 16658 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
No punchline: Joke Incomplete.

TheComfyChair #14 Posted 10 March 2018 - 02:35 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 7848 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postfishbob101, on 10 March 2018 - 12:55 AM, said:

Ah so it wasn't just me getting that iyE1aE1.png?1

Or me :amazed:

Enforcer1975 #15 Posted 10 March 2018 - 03:44 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20760 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postclixor, on 10 March 2018 - 12:56 AM, said:

It;s not complex if you at least learn from your mistakes. But if you just RRRRR every single battle and keep blaming teams for your performance than ofcourse someone will never improve.

It would be nice if they actually pressed that key when they need to and not to run away when they are the last tank and are being hunted down / do useless damage. 

Take a guess who did damage while fighting at the front and which one did useless damage after the "coast was clear" and was camping base with our T95 and JT 8.8. I even made it easy.

clixor #16 Posted 10 March 2018 - 10:11 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 51845 battles

View PostEnforcer1975, on 10 March 2018 - 03:44 AM, said:

It would be nice if they actually pressed that key when they need to and not to run away when they are the last tank and are being hunted down / do useless damage. 

Take a guess who did damage while fighting at the front and which one did useless damage after the "coast was clear" and was camping base with our T95 and JT 8.8. I even made it easy.

I get you but you can't really judge a battle or a players performance from only a single post battle result. And all things considered, almost 3k dmg (even if it was easy dmg) is not bad for a 46% player. Also, i think getting to grips with your own limitations is the first step to improvement. So, if a certain player realizes he is way to aggressive and dies every single battle as the first of his team doing 0 dmg, and then adjusts by being more cautious that is a good thing. Sadly what you then see is that they then only camp base. But hopefully they get to a certain middleground at some point.

MaxxyNL #17 Posted 10 March 2018 - 12:57 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11349 battles

View PostDeadElviS, on 10 March 2018 - 12:27 AM, said:

Well what a total waste of time this game has become, take the latest mission for example Veteran- place top 5 and win, i have a couple of tier VIII tanks and that's it, so tonight i played way over 20 games and nothing, WHY - because every game i was in with tier 9-10 what am i meant to do against their HP damage?

I only needed 1 game with a T8 scout tank to complete the Veteran mission (in a 8-10 battle). Not that difficult to do. :honoring:

Enforcer1975 #18 Posted 10 March 2018 - 01:01 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20760 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postclixor, on 10 March 2018 - 10:11 AM, said:

I get you but you can't really judge a battle or a players performance from only a single post battle result. And all things considered, almost 3k dmg (even if it was easy dmg) is not bad for a 46% player. Also, i think getting to grips with your own limitations is the first step to improvement. So, if a certain player realizes he is way to aggressive and dies every single battle as the first of his team doing 0 dmg, and then adjusts by being more cautious that is a good thing. Sadly what you then see is that they then only camp base. But hopefully they get to a certain middleground at some point.

Oh no....a player playing it safe is completely different to what this guy did. A good player usually doesn't stick to one spot near the base flag for almost 4 minutes as a top tier while his tier 8s are fighting in the brawling areas and trying to create an opening. Out of our 5 tier 9s only the Obj. 257 and the T49 were at the front with the other tier 8s while two were camping in the back...the T95 is slow i agree but no tank is too slow to not at least try to get into position while he can still help his team. Both TDs both with 47% players basically stayed there until the game was over. Look at that Cent...i'm sure you agree that's not how a top tier med should be played. Most of the support we got was from the gap at B2 as you can clearly see that both TDs only did one shot worth of damage. Also his average damage in the Cent 7/1 ist 860 with a 41% WR....he has tier 6 levels of damage in his tier 9 tanks with the T30 as the only one getting just above 1k. 

Edited by Enforcer1975, 10 March 2018 - 02:14 PM.

Fighto #19 Posted 10 March 2018 - 01:06 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 35189 battles
  • [TAC] TAC

I'll sell you the real 7th armd :) One of my dirty re rolls is the commander

https://en.wot-life....7ARMD-500046670

My price

JocMeister #20 Posted 10 March 2018 - 01:08 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 23616 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
I did it in my 2nd game today in a T-44. TX game. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users