Jump to content


WG - please release Type 62 and / or 13 57F

Lights premium

  • Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Ziurawka #1 Posted 10 March 2018 - 01:44 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 20022 battles
  • 396
  • [NLUFA] NLUFA
  • Member since:
    08-02-2015

Hi guys, as in the topic - what do you think?

The machines are hardly overpowered, albeit good players usually push them to their limits.

If you compare the stats they are not better than  T71 Disco Action, but maybe I'm wrong here.

For me, as a mainly LT player, the main reason to buy one of them or both would be to have a credit grinder other than Type 64. 

But maybe they're damaging to the matchmaker (cause they don't see the tier X crap) like the PMM tanks so they won't be released ever?

 

 



ogremage #2 Posted 10 March 2018 - 02:30 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 31642 battles
  • 1,348
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA
  • Member since:
    06-26-2011
I disagree with withholding tanks from sale. If they are OP then nerf and compensate. If they are not OP then let everyone buy them.

8126Jakobsson #3 Posted 10 March 2018 - 02:45 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 61160 battles
  • 2,586
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014
Yes, if only to make Cobra shut up about it. Please.

Ziurawka #4 Posted 10 March 2018 - 03:04 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 20022 battles
  • 396
  • [NLUFA] NLUFA
  • Member since:
    08-02-2015

View Post8126Jakobsson, on 10 March 2018 - 02:45 PM, said:

Yes, if only to make Cobra shut up about it. Please.

 

I guess I'm gonna be another one who won't shut up about it ...

We want those machines way more than any even or odd stuff ;)



WindSplitter1 #5 Posted 10 March 2018 - 07:17 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 14306 battles
  • 1,730
  • [RYNO] RYNO
  • Member since:
    02-07-2016

View Post8126Jakobsson, on 10 March 2018 - 01:45 PM, said:

Yes, if only to make Cobra shut up about it. Please.

 

Cobra6 isn't the only one who wants them. Plenty others, including me are #ShutUpAndTakeMyMoney about both.

 

Also, WG stated the Light Tanks are fine. Were that true, they would have been sold in the Grand Finals in '17.

So, no. Light Tanks aren't fine.

 

No need to nerf or to compensate as either tanks are perfectly balanced.

 

Type 62 is Chinese and Chinese = Bad module health.

AMX 13 57 only has one thing going for it: the gun. It's a 12t with an ugly looking camo.

 

Both vehicles are slow.

 

It should be the Type 62 on permanent sale and not the Type 64. Since it is the former that trains a crew for the Tier X.



Brodie_ #6 Posted 10 March 2018 - 09:54 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 76115 battles
  • 449
  • Member since:
    10-21-2013
They are overpowered now due to the changes with scout tanks.
So I believe that they said that they would not sell them again.

Though I would not be at all surprised, to see them both appear on the advent calendar next Christmas!

Please prove me wrong Wargaming...

Balc0ra #7 Posted 10 March 2018 - 10:44 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 62839 battles
  • 14,441
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostWindSplitter1, on 10 March 2018 - 07:17 PM, said:

Also, WG stated the Light Tanks are fine. Were that true, they would have been sold in the Grand Finals in '17.

So, no. Light Tanks aren't fine.

 

Normal lights are "fine". But 13 57 was removed from sale along with the Bulldog GF. As both where a tad to strong when top tier according to WG, and would not be sold again anytime soon. Tho much has changed since then, inc WG staff. Then again so is the Type 64 when top tier, and that's still in the tech tree for gold. Type 62 not even as good as the old WZ-131. The only good thing about it now is the old DPM. And is IMO not even close to "OP". But... I suspect WG have not done much with it of late for a reason, besides the marathon reward that one time after they moved it up a tier. It's a tank that's taken over for the Hype 59 if you will. No one ask for the 59 anymore. They do for the 62. I would be surprised if WG sold it again this year vs milking that hype for contests like they did the 59.

D4wiD3K #8 Posted 10 March 2018 - 10:59 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 659 battles
  • 276
  • Member since:
    08-11-2012

Type 62 isn't overpowered and could easily be sold. 13 57 is ridiculous to say the least and shouldn't be sold. Anyone saying a tank with this kind of performance should be sold just wants to buy the overpowered machine themselves. 

 


Edited by D4wiD3K, 10 March 2018 - 11:02 PM.


Mike_Mckay #9 Posted 10 March 2018 - 11:31 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 16788 battles
  • 1,009
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-
  • Member since:
    09-02-2015

View PostD4wiD3K, on 10 March 2018 - 09:59 PM, said:

Type 62 isn't overpowered and could easily be sold. 13 57 is ridiculous to say the least and shouldn't be sold. Anyone saying a tank with this kind of performance should be sold just wants to buy the overpowered machine themselves.

 

 

I have to admit I personally think that a tank should either be deemed too OP for the game and they should ALL be removed or deemed "ok" and be available to everyone


Classing a tank as being "too OP to be sold" but then letting people who already have them keep them is possibly the worst of all possible choices

clanmcwood #10 Posted 10 March 2018 - 11:40 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 22105 battles
  • 1,294
  • [-VIC-] -VIC-
  • Member since:
    02-29-2012

View Postogremage, on 10 March 2018 - 01:30 PM, said:

I disagree with withholding tanks from sale. If they are OP then nerf and compensate. If they are not OP then let everyone buy them.

 

THIS especially the 34 85M breaking Skirmishes atm

 



Aikl #11 Posted 11 March 2018 - 12:06 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 25141 battles
  • 4,042
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011

View PostMike_Mckay, on 10 March 2018 - 10:31 PM, said:

 

I have to admit I personally think that a tank should either be deemed too OP for the game and they should ALL be removed or deemed "ok" and be available to everyone


Classing a tank as being "too OP to be sold" but then letting people who already have them keep them is possibly the worst of all possible choices

 

Problem is, it would hurt sales if recalling premium tanks was a thing. Funny thing is that the Defender probably hurt sales massively as well. No one really wants to get a 'classic' premium with its quirks when you know the Defender does everything better.

Patriot/Liberte/Skorpion G were probably as far as they should've gone powercreep-wise in the first place. Well, they were overpowered a year ago (new tank-factor?), now they're above-average. Overperforming, but that is common for most premiums (no stock grind, played a lot per player, better crews, potentially more premium ammo etc.).



Mike_Mckay #12 Posted 11 March 2018 - 12:50 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 16788 battles
  • 1,009
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-
  • Member since:
    09-02-2015

View PostAikl, on 10 March 2018 - 11:06 PM, said:

 

Problem is, it would hurt sales if recalling premium tanks was a thing. Funny thing is that the Defender probably hurt sales massively as well. No one really wants to get a 'classic' premium with its quirks when you know the Defender does everything better.

Patriot/Liberte/Skorpion G were probably as far as they should've gone powercreep-wise in the first place. Well, they were overpowered a year ago (new tank-factor?), now they're above-average. Overperforming, but that is common for most premiums (no stock grind, played a lot per player, better crews, potentially more premium ammo etc.).

 

I did wonder if the thinking behind that was that they had identified that most of the spenders had bought all the premiums they wanted so to have OP ones and to some extent make their existing ones redundant would get them digging deep into their wallets again

On console they did it a different way with the black versions of one premium for each nation all of which have something like 75% premium vehicle bonus then after the uproar they said they would never be on sale again


I suspect with things like that they know what will happen and know it will be a one shot sale until the next "never to be sold again" monstrosity gets sold


EDIT: Just checked and yep, the black editions get 75% XP boost but the same silver bonus as their normal variants which is 10% XP bonus for the standard vs 75% XP bonuse for the black T34. So quite a huge bump when combined with a premium account and awesome for crew training

Edited by Mike_Mckay, 11 March 2018 - 12:59 AM.


Long_Range_Sniper #13 Posted 11 March 2018 - 01:01 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 29462 battles
  • 7,544
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    04-04-2011

View PostZiurawka, on 10 March 2018 - 12:44 PM, said:

The machines are hardly overpowered

 

13 57F.....hardly OP?

 

14 second clip reload, one second between shots and eight in the clip.

 

2000 DPM and 195 pen with prem rounds at tier 7 with only +2 MM...........

 

Out of all the tanks in WoT I think the 13 57 GF is the one with the least chance of ever being seen again for sale.

 

Spoiler
 


Tankyouverymuch2 #14 Posted 11 March 2018 - 01:06 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 28440 battles
  • 587
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013
B-But...if WG sells the Type 62 again, it will be even less special since the last time they sold it, and the time before, and at the time after I won it for free in that one marathon a long long time ago... :arta:

Mr_Burrows #15 Posted 11 March 2018 - 08:52 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 43193 battles
  • 1,640
  • Member since:
    02-17-2012

Buy a Type 64 and be happy. I have 201 games in mine so far, and 66% WR  :izmena:

 

But yes, I am with OP here. I want the 1357. Seems like a hilarious tank, and WG's argumentation about "OP" is bonkers.  just look at what tanks they released in the reworked russkie tech tree... 



250swb #16 Posted 11 March 2018 - 09:06 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 20804 battles
  • 4,598
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-23-2015
I have to note that taking 'member since' dates into account both the Type-62 and 13-57F have been on sale during that time for most of those complaining. Claiming injustice by WG is tantamount to complaining you didn't buy the winning lottery ticket. 

Mr_Burrows #17 Posted 11 March 2018 - 09:35 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 43193 battles
  • 1,640
  • Member since:
    02-17-2012

View Post250swb, on 11 March 2018 - 09:06 AM, said:

I have to note that taking 'member since' dates into account both the Type-62 and 13-57F have been on sale during that time for most of those complaining. Claiming injustice by WG is tantamount to complaining you didn't buy the winning lottery ticket. 

 

So your point is "haha!" or something like that? 
Oh well. 



Ziurawka #18 Posted 11 March 2018 - 10:00 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 20022 battles
  • 396
  • [NLUFA] NLUFA
  • Member since:
    08-02-2015

View PostLong_Range_Sniper, on 11 March 2018 - 01:01 AM, said:

 

13 57F.....hardly OP?

 

14 second clip reload, one second between shots and eight in the clip.

 

2000 DPM and 195 pen with prem rounds at tier 7 with only +2 MM...........

 

Out of all the tanks in WoT I think the 13 57 GF is the one with the least chance of ever being seen again for sale.

 

Spoiler

 

I'm just saying it's not looking OP in comparison to T71 - it has more or less the same clip potential. 

Besides T71 actually accelerates unlike 13 57. The frenchie has been released as a terrible tank (seeing tier X) which is why I haven't bought it.

I guess whoever bought it was good enough to utilize it's potential even back then - which probably explains the curves. 

 

As for Type 62 - I actually like WZ 131 better on paper, I just want to stop playing the Type 64 cause it's getting boring at times :)



D4wiD3K #19 Posted 11 March 2018 - 10:21 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 659 battles
  • 276
  • Member since:
    08-11-2012

View PostZiurawka, on 11 March 2018 - 09:00 AM, said:

 

I'm just saying it's not looking OP in comparison to T71 - it has more or less the same clip potential. 

Besides T71 actually accelerates unlike 13 57. The frenchie has been released as a terrible tank (seeing tier X) which is why I haven't bought it.

I guess whoever bought it was good enough to utilize it's potential even back then - which probably explains the curves. 

As for Type 62 - I actually like WZ 131 better on paper, I just want to stop playing the Type 64 cause it's getting boring at times :)

 

Nah, 13 57 really is overpowered.

 

It does accelerate pretty well, it's not the fastest light tank around but it's still significantly faster than the mediums of the same tier and it has the best camo of tier 7 LTs. 

 

Because the intraclip reload is 1s you can always get the optimal amount of damage out if you know the enemy reloads. If an IS fires its gun you know you have the time to shoot him for full clip(720 damage) and leave. If a medium fires its gun you "only" shoot him like 6 times(5 seconds, 480 damage) and hide. The reload is also extremely comfy(around 15sec) which allows you to reload in almost any situation. The gun also has shell speed and remarkably good gun handling. The only real annoyance is the ammo capacity, and the penetration can be a bit low at times but it's manageable.

 

I barely play mine simply because I find the ELC EVEN more fun. You'd think it never gets old to 1-clip tier 6 mediums but it does. It's one of those tanks that you don't want to spawn as top tier in because tier 5-6 tanks just don't have health. So most of the time you're placed into fights with tier 8-9 tanks and have to play super carefully and when you finally get your top tier game you just farm everything without much of an effort. In a way it feels almost like playing a broken heavy tank. Your best matchmaking is a full tier 7 game because there's enough damage to farm while you still have the best tank of the battle.

 

It's just one of those tanks that shouldn't have become what it is. I didn't even find the old 13 57 bad(it was actually my best performing LT back then) and used it for the missions back then. Then WG went full retard and both buffed its gun handling and gave it Vertical Stabilizer on top of basically moving it down a tier. Now it's a tank that combines all the good stuff from light tanks(mobility, camo, view range) with firepower better than many TDs of the same tier.



fwhaatpiraat #20 Posted 11 March 2018 - 10:49 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 44139 battles
  • 343
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013
Type 62 << pre-nerf wz-131. That thing was a beast..

Edited by fwhaatpiraat, 11 March 2018 - 10:51 AM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users