italian autoreloaders: i know developers will never read this, but wat if...

autoreloader Italy

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

CamperKaempfer #1 Posted 10 March 2018 - 07:27 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 22764 battles

EDIT: with hte recent buffs much of this post is now obsolete, so i'll sum up what isn't:

currently, when you fire a round the time it takes to reload it into the magazine overlaps the intra-clip reload. my method would lengthen the reload because you'd have to finish the intra-clip before reloading the round, but you wouldn't worry so much about finishing your reload before firing. it would be both a nerf (adding 2 or 2.5 seconds to each shell's reload) and a buff (not restarting reloading from scratch whenever you fire, cutting down your rate of fire to varying degrees)

the end

what if the reload of a shell isn't interrupted upon firing, but instead just halted during the 2.5 intra-clip reload and then continued after a shell is chambered, but not from scratch.

for example: your drum is full, you fire a shell and it immediately starts reloading and will take about 8 seconds. also immediately a new shell is being chambered and it will take 2.5 seconds. the way it currently works, if 2 seconds are left for the reload, and 6 have passed, firing will cause it start over and take 8 seconds (not just the 2 more that were left) if you don't decide to fire again before then.

i'm suggesting it didn't start over, and instead stopped during the 2.5 seconds it takes for the drum to rotate into position, and then resume reloading from whatever point it was interrupted.

so, you fire, reload starts, you fire again when 4 seconds are left, reload stops and waits 2.5 seconds for the drum to chamber a new round, then catches up andtakes4 more seconds to complete

the reason i'm proposing this is that the current way the italian autoloaders are useless. you won't fire if a shell is almost completely reloaded, wasting all the time it's been reloading and increasing it even more, since every shell your magazine is stripped of, the longer the reload will be.

tell me what you think

Edited by CamperKaempfer, 02 May 2018 - 10:35 AM.

Gremlin182 #2 Posted 10 March 2018 - 07:33 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 46613 battles

I like the flexibility of the system, Its an autoloader I can use as a single shot or as an auto.

So assume 4 shots in the drum I can fire one let it reload fire another let it reload then at a time of my choosing unload the clip and run away.

The enemy will never be sure how many rounds I have left its a great system.

I would like the ability to change ammo type on a shell by shell basis but it seems that's not happening.

CamperKaempfer #3 Posted 10 March 2018 - 07:37 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 22764 battles

View PostGremlin182, on 10 March 2018 - 07:33 PM, said:

I like the flexibility of the system, Its an autoloader I can use as a single shot or as an auto.

So assume 4 shots in the drum I can fire one let it reload fire another let it reload then at a time of my choosing unload the clip and run away.

The enemy will never be sure how many rounds I have left its a great system.

I would like the ability to change ammo type on a shell by shell basis but it seems that's not happening.

the problem is when you've fire all 4 shells the reload time will be so long that the enemy will be able to tear you apart with a much higher dpm. of course i can be wrong. i'm hte only one who seems to think like this so i'm having my strong doubts about my opinion on this

WindSplitter1 #4 Posted 10 March 2018 - 07:54 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 15455 battles
  • [KROLL] KROLL

Autoreloaders have a lot of flexibility and what you suggested could make it the preferrable choice for everyone who is comfortable with paper tonks.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not a "gmae balens" lover. Problem is that some folks don't like autoloaders.

An autoloader that can reload while shooting its drum, makes it hard for the enemy to know whether he is running into a vehicle without shells on a drum or one that just finished loading the last slot.

The way WG designed it, gives it an equilibrium and more options to use it.

RamRaid90 #5 Posted 10 March 2018 - 08:03 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20550 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostWindSplitter1, on 10 March 2018 - 06:54 PM, said:

An autoloader that can reload while shooting its drum, makes it hard for the enemy to know whether he is running into a vehicle without shells on a drum or one that just finished loading the last slot.

Pretty much this. Unless you''ve taken all four shells from the tank, you've got absolutely no idea what you're running into.

These vehicles seem exciting and I can't wait to try them.

arthurwellsley #6 Posted 10 March 2018 - 08:10 PM

Major

• Player
  • 51256 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

View PostCamperKaempfer, on 10 March 2018 - 06:27 PM, said:

what if the reload of a shell isn't interrupted upon firing, but instead just halted during the 2.5 intra-clip reload and then continued after a shell is chambered, but not from scratch.

for example: your drum is full, you fire a shell and it immediately starts reloading and will take about 8 seconds. also immediately a new shell is being chambered and it will take 2.5 seconds. the way it currently works, if 2 seconds are left for the reload, and 6 have passed, firing will cause it start over and take 8 seconds (not just the 2 more that were left) if you don't decide to fire again before then.

i'm suggesting it didn't start over, and instead stopped during the 2.5 seconds it takes for the drum to rotate into position, and then resume reloading from whatever point it was interrupted.

so, you fire, reload starts, you fire again when 4 seconds are left, reload stops and waits 2.5 seconds for the drum to chamber a new round, then catches up andtakes4 more seconds to complete

the reason i'm proposing this is that the current way the italian autoloaders are useless. you won't fire if a shell is almost completely reloaded, wasting all the time it's been reloading and increasing it even more, since every shell your magazine is stripped of, the longer the reload will be.

tell me what you think

The problem with this and the Italians in general is one game skill is to know your own re-load timer, and the re-load timers of the enemies you might meet so that you can make a judgement about when to move to shoot them and when to not move. Not knowing the timing of where an Italian vehicle is at in it's cycle is going to make that player knowledge redundant. You could almost say it's a dumbing down of the game, because only the more crafty players will use an enemy re-load time to their advantage.

MeNoobTank #7 Posted 10 March 2018 - 08:28 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10430 battles
  • [R3L4X] R3L4X
I want autoreloaders on other nations too. What about Leopard PTA and Leopard 1 ?

HaZardeur #8 Posted 10 March 2018 - 08:40 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 33257 battles

View PostCamperKaempfer, on 10 March 2018 - 07:37 PM, said:

the problem is when you've fire all 4 shells the reload time will be so long that the enemy will be able to tear you apart with a much higher dpm. of course i can be wrong. i'm hte only one who seems to think like this so i'm having my strong doubts about my opinion on this

In theory you are right but this is WoT were 95% of the players cant count to 3 and so they wait to rush till you reloaded again.

CamperKaempfer #9 Posted 10 March 2018 - 09:48 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 22764 battles

View PostMeNoobTank, on 10 March 2018 - 08:28 PM, said:

I want autoreloaders on other nations too. What about Leopard PTA and Leopard 1 ?

i've you're asking whether it will be implemented, my guess is no, my honest answer is that i don't know because i'm not a developer

if you're asking whether it's a good idea, i don't know. i think they want to make it an italian specialty. personally, i have nothing against other nations having it but there's not much you can do with my indefference

CamperKaempfer #10 Posted 10 March 2018 - 09:49 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 22764 battles

View Postarthurwellsley, on 10 March 2018 - 08:10 PM, said:

The problem with this and the Italians in general is one game skill is to know your own re-load timer, and the re-load timers of the enemies you might meet so that you can make a judgement about when to move to shoot them and when to not move. Not knowing the timing of where an Italian vehicle is at in it's cycle is going to make that player knowledge redundant. You could almost say it's a dumbing down of the game, because only the more crafty players will use an enemy re-load time to their advantage.

well here's the thing, if you've firde all 3 or 4 shells the reload time will be so long that the enemy will be able to tear you apart with a much higher dpm. of course i can be wrong. i'm hte only one who seems to think like this so i'm having my strong doubts about my opinion on this

Nishi_Kinuyo #11 Posted 10 March 2018 - 09:50 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 7455 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostMeNoobTank, on 10 March 2018 - 08:28 PM, said:

Those don't even have autoloaders to begin with.

One of the few tanks in-game which realistically should be an autoreloader is the Type 5 Chi-Ri.

Spoiler

NUKLEAR_SLUG #12 Posted 10 March 2018 - 10:29 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27510 battles

View PostCamperKaempfer, on 10 March 2018 - 09:49 PM, said:

well here's the thing, if you've firde all 3 or 4 shells the reload time will be so long that the enemy will be able to tear you apart with a much higher dpm. of course i can be wrong. i'm hte only one who seems to think like this so i'm having my strong doubts about my opinion on this

Yes, they will. This is how autoloaders work. This is how autoloaders have always worked. This is why you don't go anywhere alone as an autoloader because people that can count will murder you.

However the Italians are different in that unless they actually see you unload your entire clip then it's very hard for them to know just how many you have left in your clip because you'll have been reloading at the same time.

Balc0ra #13 Posted 10 March 2018 - 10:50 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64316 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostCamperKaempfer, on 10 March 2018 - 09:49 PM, said:

As they do with the T69 etc. And why you get more flexibility if you use 1 shot at the time and wait for that reload, and don't use the burst until you know you can take him and have time to reload. Because then the DPM drops even more. Your suggestion would negate that purpose if you will. As the idea about it's skill is when to use the burst, and when to use the short reload function.

LordMuffin #14 Posted 10 March 2018 - 10:53 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 48074 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
Definitely a no.
It would be to good.

CamperKaempfer #15 Posted 10 March 2018 - 11:31 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 22764 battles

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 10 March 2018 - 09:50 PM, said:

Those don't even have autoloaders to begin with.

One of the few tanks in-game which realistically should be an autoreloader is the Type 5 Chi-Ri.

Spoiler

you mean without counting oscillating turrets?

Nishi_Kinuyo #16 Posted 11 March 2018 - 11:43 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 7455 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostCamperKaempfer, on 10 March 2018 - 11:31 PM, said:

you mean without counting oscillating turrets?

The oscillating turret ones, as in predominantly the AMX series can only be reloaded outside of combat with the crew standing ontop of the tank because that's where the access hatches are to put new shells into the drums.

No way for those to ever count as an autoreloader.

Spoiler

Edited by Nishi_Kinuyo, 11 March 2018 - 11:59 AM.

CamperKaempfer #17 Posted 11 March 2018 - 01:40 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 22764 battles

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 11 March 2018 - 11:43 AM, said:

The oscillating turret ones, as in predominantly the AMX series can only be reloaded outside of combat with the crew standing ontop of the tank because that's where the access hatches are to put new shells into the drums.

No way for those to ever count as an autoreloader.

Spoiler

but they reload automatically. what does the crew standing on top have to do with anything?

Nishi_Kinuyo #18 Posted 11 March 2018 - 03:31 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 7455 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostCamperKaempfer, on 11 March 2018 - 01:40 PM, said:

but they reload automatically. what does the crew standing on top have to do with anything?

Are you an anime protagonist or something?

You're being rather dense.

CamperKaempfer #19 Posted 11 March 2018 - 04:45 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 22764 battles

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 11 March 2018 - 03:31 PM, said:

Are you an anime protagonist or something?

You're being rather dense.

i think we must be talking about different things. those tanks reload automatically jsut like the chi ri does. the fact that the crew needs to leave the tank to reload the drum is irrelevant to it eing an autoloader. every source confirms that they are autoloaders. so i dont' know what you mean with that turret statement, or anime chracters for that matter. i don't know much about them

Edited by CamperKaempfer, 11 March 2018 - 05:05 PM.

Nishi_Kinuyo #20 Posted 11 March 2018 - 05:43 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 7455 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostCamperKaempfer, on 11 March 2018 - 04:45 PM, said:

i think we must be talking about different things. those tanks reload automatically jsut like the chi ri does. the fact that the crew needs to leave the tank to reload the drum is irrelevant to it eing an autoloader. every source confirms that they are autoloaders. so i dont' know what you mean with that turret statement, or anime chracters for that matter. i don't know much about them

:facepalm:

What I am saying is that the AMX 13t can't be an autoreloader (the Italian mechanic) because it cannot be reloaded from within the turret.

The Chi-Ri, on the other hand, like I showed by means of a photograph, has two trays to hold shells which can easily be reloaded from within the bloody huge turret it has.

Also tagged with autoreloader, Italy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users