Does it get easier?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Gamwstavros69 #1 Posted 10 March 2018 - 08:04 PM

Private

• Player
  • 404 battles

Hello commanders im a new player here, i currently grind the IS line up to IS7, but im also gribnding china TD, lt100 light and 140 lines to complete campaign missions as they are a very good source of income. Im currently struggling with this game a lot, not so much with money or with stock tanks but with the maps and match maker.. There are many times that maps offer no alternatives to fighting much better vehicles head on, i've tried HE with very limited sucess and watching vids and streams is not helping me any more. Is armor seems to be very unreliable and yes im wiggling hulldowning and following the heavies and fighting close as much as I can. I cannot make this tank work no matter what i try.

Should I switch to a new line? Should I free exp to IS3 ? (hope not) Any other advice? ANY advice is helpful because currently I suck and I don't seem to improve, I think im in need of guidance.

8126Jakobsson #2 Posted 10 March 2018 - 08:09 PM

Major

• Player
  • 61991 battles
I can only advice to just play and gather personal game experience. You seem to be on to a good start with wanting to get better so play play play and you'll get the hang of it. 

RamRaid90 #3 Posted 10 March 2018 - 08:12 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20268 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

IS is a great tank, but it's not a face hugging brawler. None of that line are.

The armour is mythical and may hold up occasionally vs same tier opponents.

Play them as frontline mediums and you'll have a much better time. They can easily force a push even vs +2 tier meds.

vasilinhorulezz #4 Posted 10 March 2018 - 08:56 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22505 battles

View PostRamRaid90, on 10 March 2018 - 08:12 PM, said:

IS is a great tank, but it's not a face hugging brawler. None of that line are.

The armour is mythical and may hold up occasionally vs same tier opponents.

Play them as frontline mediums and you'll have a much better time. They can easily force a push even vs +2 tier meds.

Also, probably try the 100mm gun, the D25T has horrific gun handling.

vasilinhorulezz #5 Posted 10 March 2018 - 09:02 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22505 battles

Also play tiers you feel more comfortable.

High tiers are way more demanding, both in tactical game-play and economy,

play lower tiers till you get a good grasp of the basics, spotting, armor angling, weakspots,

they will help you with learning the game and will grind you credits.

Gamwstavros69 #6 Posted 10 March 2018 - 09:04 PM

Private

• Player
  • 404 battles

View Postvasilinhorulezz, on 10 March 2018 - 09:02 PM, said:

Also play tiers you feel more comfortable.

High tiers are way more demanding, both in tactical game-play and economy,

play lower tiers till you get a good grasp of the basics, spotting, armor angling, weakspots,

they will help you with learning the game and will grind you credits.

I have found that higher tiers have more streamlined gameplay, and my teammates dont realy yolodie or  basecamp as much

vasilinhorulezz #7 Posted 10 March 2018 - 09:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22505 battles

View PostGamwstavros69, on 10 March 2018 - 09:04 PM, said:

I have found that higher tiers have more streamlined gameplay, and my teammates dont realy yolodie or  basecamp as much

You're right in the first part, yolo scouts aren't common in high tiers, but red line huggin?

You'll be amazed by how often you'll see it.

Stick to tiers you feel comfortable to, 

to keep your economy in check,

the higher the tier the more credits you'll bleed,

in tier 9 and 10 you'll barely make any profit, even at good games.

Jigabachi #8 Posted 10 March 2018 - 09:12 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17852 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

What will you do with all those tX tanks when you have them? Rushing up there is not the goal of the game. It's quite the opposite - it's the absolute worst thing you can do in this game. Take your time to learn and climb up the tiers when you are ready. Find a few tanks you like. Don't stress yourself. And your teammates.

edit: "New player"... yeah, sure. It's a reroll. :sceptic:

Edited by Jigabachi, 10 March 2018 - 09:14 PM.

D4wiD3K #9 Posted 10 March 2018 - 09:16 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 659 battles

View Postvasilinhorulezz, on 10 March 2018 - 07:56 PM, said:

Also, probably try the 100mm gun, the D25T has horrific gun handling.

Every time someone suggests using the 100mm I just wonder why are they playing the line at all. 390 alpha at tier 7 is extremely good and it also helps against higher tiers. Using the 100mm gun is just a bad choice because you'll basically turn your IS into a limpdick version of T-34-1.

Gamwstavros69 #10 Posted 10 March 2018 - 09:19 PM

Private

• Player
  • 404 battles

View PostJigabachi, on 10 March 2018 - 09:12 PM, said:

What will you do with all those tX tanks when you have them? Rushing up there is not the goal of the game. It's quite the opposite - it's the absolute worst thing you can do in this game. Take your time to learn and climb up the tiers when you are ready. Find a few tanks you like. Don't stress yourself. And your teammates.

edit: "New player"... yeah, sure. It's a reroll. :sceptic:

Im not rushing anything im stating my targets, i dont see myself geting any tier 10s earlier than 5 months. Also this is my first account because some friends talked me into starting wot.

PzTeufel #11 Posted 10 March 2018 - 09:20 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 5548 battles

Gamwstavros, the best you can do is to uninstall this game. Your quality of life will get better. 

And at least, dont pay anything to these russian criminals. 

VarzA #12 Posted 10 March 2018 - 09:22 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18081 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

View PostGamwstavros69, on 10 March 2018 - 08:04 PM, said:

Hello commanders im a new player here, i currently grind the IS line up to IS7, but im also gribnding china TD, lt100 light and 140 lines to complete campaign missions as they are a very good source of income. Im currently struggling with this game a lot, not so much with money or with stock tanks but with the maps and match maker.. There are many times that maps offer no alternatives to fighting much better vehicles head on, i've tried HE with very limited sucess and watching vids and streams is not helping me any more. Is armor seems to be very unreliable and yes im wiggling hulldowning and following the heavies and fighting close as much as I can. I cannot make this tank work no matter what i try.

Should I switch to a new line? Should I free exp to IS3 ? (hope not) Any other advice? ANY advice is helpful because currently I suck and I don't seem to improve, I think im in need of guidance.

In short it does get better.

You learn the maps, you learn the spots, but once you learn them you also learn why they are good .... so you can adapt to new maps, or even 1.0 .

The best skills are :

- map awareness

- and knowing when to run like a coward; a tank that survives after running away is a tank that does more damage, maybe enough to swing the fight

vasilinhorulezz #13 Posted 10 March 2018 - 09:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22505 battles

View PostD4wiD3K, on 10 March 2018 - 09:16 PM, said:

Every time someone suggests using the 100mm I just wonder why are they playing the line at all. 390 alpha at tier 7 is extremely good and it also helps against higher tiers. Using the 100mm gun is just a bad choice because you'll basically turn your IS into a limpdick version of T-34-1.

I actually played the IS again, to unlock the IS-M, and I remembered why I disliked the tank so mucj,

it was that 122mm gun, 

your aim cyrcle while moving is bigger than your screen, aims for a century, and when it's ready to fire you miss your target by a mile,

at least the 100mm has a tendency to hit what it aims at.

Brodie_ #14 Posted 10 March 2018 - 09:30 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 77024 battles

Try watching some of the more able YouTuber's & Twitch streamers.

Doing that & understanding their plays & tactics helped me loads!

Check out;

Quickybaby,
Circonflexes,
& The Mighty Jingles!

There are many more.

But I suggest that you watch on youtube:
How to bush! By QB
& the, How not to suck video's by Jingles to get a feel.

Check out QB's and Circon's Twitch steams as well!

Good luck!

P.S. Yes it does get easier...

Edited by Brodie_, 10 March 2018 - 09:33 PM.

discontinued #15 Posted 10 March 2018 - 09:31 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6091 battles
  • [-VOID] -VOID

Essentially yes it does get easier.As you will learn how to play better the more battles you have under your belt.

1 tip try not to play 20 tanks at a time play 1 or 2 in order to get a real feel for them.

It usually takes me 50 -100 battles to learn a tank.sometimes more.

Just stick with it, it does get easier-you will get better.

Also work out which class of tanks you enjoy the most.

I'm still learning and realising there's a lot more fore me to learn.

I was having real problems getting to grips with a tier 10 and some kind souls on the forum looked at a couple of replays and geve me some really good advice.

If you want to post some replays some kind soul may be able to give you some pointers.

P.s

Button 2 also helps

Edited by discontinued, 10 March 2018 - 09:40 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users