Premium ammo gold ammo problem

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
77 replies to this topic

grzechu23 #1 Posted 11 March 2018 - 12:42 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11293 battles

Hello there,

I beleive that many of you ranked players also came up with that serious issue of premium ammo being not stronk enough. 

I don't understand why some tracks hit with my HEAT can do 0 damage, or front hit totally bounce off, that thing just basically detonates and melts through armor, some angled boi shouldn't be able to stop that. They are talking about some spaced armor and stuff, that makes HEAT rounds useless, but come on how badly useless they can be ? Yea there is like 10+cm of empty space between side skirt, track or track wheels and tank hull, but what is that supposed to do ? instantly cool down that melted copper ? I don't think so. 

Same goes to APCR for real who would win, One perfectly made heavy and pointy long rod like projectile, or some angly boi ? 

That thing should just go in at any angle any time, not just be stopped by some pathetic small angle. 

Also module damage of these things is too damn low, why I cant ignite on one engine/fuel tank hit or blow up ammo same way with HEAT, or disable the engine or turret with one APCR round ?

Really WG its most expensive ammo in game, it should be working like it. 

jabster #2 Posted 11 March 2018 - 12:46 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12598 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View Postgrzechu23, on 11 March 2018 - 11:42 AM, said:

Hello there,

I beleive that many of you ranked players also came up with that serious issue of premium ammo being not stronk enough. 

I don't understand why some tracks hit with my HEAT can do 0 damage, or front hit totally bounce off, that thing just basically detonates and melts through armor, some angled boi shouldn't be able to stop that. They are talking about some spaced armor and stuff, that makes HEAT rounds useless, but come on how badly useless they can be ? Yea there is like 10+cm of empty space between side skirt, track or track wheels and tank hull, but what is that supposed to do ? instantly cool down that melted copper ? I don't think so. 

Same goes to APCR for real who would win, One perfectly made heavy and pointy long rod like projectile, or some angly boi ? 

That thing should just go in at any angle any time, not just be stopped by some pathetic small angle. 

Also module damage of these things is too damn low, why I cant ignite on one engine/fuel tank hit or blow up ammo same way with HEAT, or disable the engine or turret with one APCR round ?

C-, must try harder.

AliceUnchained #3 Posted 11 March 2018 - 12:47 PM

General

• Player
  • 38414 battles
  • [322] 322

View Postgrzechu23, on 11 March 2018 - 12:42 PM, said:

melts through armor

Sigh... HEAT doesn't melt through armor... Get yourself properly educated before creating these kind of stupid threads.

They are talking about some spaced armor and stuff, that makes HEAT rounds useless, but come on how badly useless they can be ? Yea there is like 10+cm of empty space between side skirt, track or track wheels and tank hull, but what is that supposed to do ? instantly cool down that melted copper ? I don't think so. 

What you think is totally irrelevant, as well as completely wrong. That spaced armor pre-detonates the shaped charge which greatly decreases its effectiveness. If you do not know at all what you're talking about, remain silent please.

When talking about WW II era subcaliber projectiles, actually no they shouldn't. Those were less effective on highly oblique impact angles compared to full caliber AP type projectiles, mainly due to t/D ratio. Of course with sufficient initial penetration performance it could still penetrate, but the subcaliber projectile generally had to 'dig' through more armor than full caliber.

Again, please stop talking about subjects you know nothing about. Boi.

Edited by AliceUnchained, 11 March 2018 - 01:01 PM.

duijm #4 Posted 11 March 2018 - 12:47 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 44752 battles
  • [RANGX] RANGX
Oh boy....no p2win? :amazed:

Richthoffen #5 Posted 11 March 2018 - 01:22 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 27748 battles
  • [MS-] MS-
i was expecting a dinger topic...:confused:

vasilinhorulezz #6 Posted 11 March 2018 - 01:26 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22813 battles

That's a new one.

People mostly complain that premium ammo is too strong.:amazed:

Edited by vasilinhorulezz, 11 March 2018 - 01:27 PM.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #7 Posted 11 March 2018 - 01:51 PM

Major

• Player
  • 30520 battles

You think wrong. The whole point of that copper jet is it's focused onto a single point. Hitting a spaced armour plate focuses it at that point and once through that it disperses into a cloud and loses a huge amount of it's penetration ability.

AvengerOrion #8 Posted 11 March 2018 - 02:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26223 battles

I chose you qpranger!

Dammit, why is his pokeball empty?

Thuis001 #9 Posted 11 March 2018 - 02:17 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 5981 battles
  • [-SBN-] -SBN-

View PostAvengerOrion, on 11 March 2018 - 02:12 PM, said:

I chose you qpranger!

Dammit, why is his pokeball empty?

are you sure you got the right pokéball there?

Also this is probably one of the more funny topics arround. Now please don't feed the troll and stay out of the dungeons folks

vasilinhorulezz #10 Posted 11 March 2018 - 02:19 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22813 battles
What if I wanna feed the troll?

clanmcwood #11 Posted 11 March 2018 - 02:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22152 battles
  • [-VIC-] -VIC-

View PostAliceUnchained, on 11 March 2018 - 11:47 AM, said:

Sigh... HEAT doesn't melt through armor... Get yourself properly educated before creating these kind of stupid threads.

What you think is totally irrelevant, as well as completely wrong. That spaced armor pre-detonates the shaped charge which greatly decreases its effectiveness. If you do not know at all what you're talking about, remain silent please.

When talking about WW II era subcaliber projectiles, actually no they shouldn't. Those were less effective on highly oblique impact angles compared to full caliber AP type projectiles, mainly due to t/D ratio. Of course with sufficient initial penetration performance it could still penetrate, but the subcaliber projectile generally had to 'dig' through more armor than full caliber.

Again, please stop talking about subjects you know nothing about. Boi.

Well i DO know what I'm taking about as I was an Artificer Weapons in the British army for 22 years and HEAT DOES melt through armour high explosive anti tank is a shaped charge with a conical shape that creates a jet of super heated plasma that does indeed melt through armour this is why space armour negates HEAT rounds 

The reason spaced armour is effective against it is teh air gap allowing massive heat dissipation of teh plasma away from the armour plate so the point of impact in relation to teh inner armour plate protecting the crew

so I'm fact you need to remain silent until you know what you are talking about 

Edited by clanmcwood, 11 March 2018 - 02:28 PM.

dimethylcadmium #12 Posted 11 March 2018 - 02:21 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 7642 battles
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A
HEAT weak....you learn something every day! Maybe i should shoot AP at Type 4's instead

RamRaid90 #13 Posted 11 March 2018 - 02:23 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 22415 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

View Postclanmcwood, on 11 March 2018 - 01:21 PM, said:

Well i DO know what I'm taking about as I was an Artificer Weapons in teh British army for 22 years and HEAT DOES melt through armour high explosive anti tank is a shaped charge with a conical shape that creates a jet of super heated plasma that does indeed melt through armour hens why space armour negates HEAT rounds 

The reason spaced armour is effective against it is teh air gap allowing massive heat dissipation of teh plasma away from the armour plate so the point of impact in relation to teh inner armour plate protecting the crew

so I'm fact you need to remain silent until you know what you are talking about 

Fairly sure you work in IT?

clanmcwood #14 Posted 11 March 2018 - 02:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22152 battles
  • [-VIC-] -VIC-

View Postgrzechu23, on 11 March 2018 - 11:42 AM, said:

Hello there,

10cm of spaced armour would indeed negate HEAT rounds as well as HESH rounds as well 

Jigabachi #15 Posted 11 March 2018 - 02:24 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

OP is either trolling or one of the dumbest people who ever posted something here...

I'll simply call him a troll and report the thread for trolling.

Edited by Jigabachi, 11 March 2018 - 02:24 PM.

clanmcwood #16 Posted 11 March 2018 - 02:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22152 battles
  • [-VIC-] -VIC-

View PostRamRaid90, on 11 March 2018 - 01:23 PM, said:

Fairly sure you work in IT?

Funny that after I came out of the Army i actually got another Job... strange but true

Edited by clanmcwood, 11 March 2018 - 02:27 PM.

clanmcwood #17 Posted 11 March 2018 - 02:26 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22152 battles
  • [-VIC-] -VIC-

View Postdimethylcadmium, on 11 March 2018 - 01:21 PM, said:

HEAT weak....you learn something every day! Maybe i should shoot AP at Type 4's instead

HAHA HEAT is VERY good against those pesky Germans , against those Ruskies... not so much

fighting_falcon93 #18 Posted 11 March 2018 - 02:33 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 32010 battles
Yeah sure why not give premium ammo 999 mm of penetration :facepalm:

clanmcwood #19 Posted 11 March 2018 - 02:33 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22152 battles
  • [-VIC-] -VIC-
I made a thread Long ago about the HESH rounds and the stupid penetration value as HESH doesn't penetrate the tank at all and in fact HESH can be effective on armour unto 400mm with easy as it uses the shock wave to fracture a scab of metal off inside the turret and that pinballs around mincing the crew and tank from the inside but obviously we dont want an equivalent value of 400mm pen on the 183 as that WOULD be busted (even though it would be fun!) but as to the OP I think Gold ammo is good teh way it is value wise, these are some exceptions tank by tank where they are weak or too strong but that needs to be in the vehicle specific threads.

dimethylcadmium #20 Posted 11 March 2018 - 02:43 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 7642 battles
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A

View Postclanmcwood, on 11 March 2018 - 02:26 PM, said:

HAHA HEAT is VERY good against those pesky Germans , against those Ruskies... not so much

What do you mean? I almost never shoot HEAT at Soviet tanks, i can usually pen them with AP or perma-track them with HE (Obj.257) if they're sidescraping.

Also tagged with Premium ammo, gold ammo, problem

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users