tank replayability

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

HassenderZerhacker #1 Posted 11 March 2018 - 03:03 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 25595 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

One sad thing about WoT is low tank replayability once the tier has been cleared.

There are some tanks that are fun to play, be it in tiers 3, 4, 5 ... 6.. 7 , especially when they don't need premmo to do well. I like to play luchs, leo, pz IV H, Tiger I, VK 30.01 P, KV-1, KV-2, T-80, O-I, etc. but given my limited time, it's more "useful" in terms of crew training and credits to play tier 8 prems or tanks that still need XP to move the line to the next tier.

For the Tiger I, I took the challenge to three mark it. it's done and since then the thrill wore off and the tank just sits in the garage, the crew serves in my Löwe.

But it's a sad state of affairs. I would like to find some interest in playing these tanks again.

The "hall of fame" doesn't provide much of an incentive. 50 battles and the only result is a ranking nobody looks at.

Some time ago, there was that top tankers event, where emblems could be earned in each nation in tiers 7-10.

this was a good challenge and a good reason to play good lower tier tanks again.

but that was a one-off.

so I have been thinking about what could motivate people to take out their lower tier tanks for a spin.

I know I would play them more often if they were as useful as premium tanks, especially regarding crew training. so there could be an idea, to give tanks with gunmarks crew training bonuses, for example 10%, 30% and 50%.

another thing could be to continuously run monthly tier/nation contests similarly to the top tankers event, giving tank emblems as a reward, with the emblems becoming more elaborate if the player wins more of the same emblem over and over again.

what do you think?

do you face the same problem of wanting to play a tank that is more fun but ending up grinding these x3 bonuses and premium time on other tanks because they need XP or because they train crews better ?

vasilinhorulezz #2 Posted 11 March 2018 - 03:16 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22780 battles

Personally, I feel that some tiers are kinda useless,

tier 9 is an example, they are good tanks, and there are some quite fun tanks, but they don't grind credits, nor can be used in clan stuff, so there is no point in keeping them after the grind,

tier 7 is also an example, although they get a decent income, so you can somewhat use them for credit making, but still not really a useful tier.

But still, low tier tanks use is mostly to get credits to sustain your tier 10s, nothing else (and sealclub of course).

They could maybe do some tier specific missions, or make tier 8 and 10 clan wars a 5/10 spread, so 5 tier 10s and 10 tier 9s, or 5 tier 8 and 10 tier 7, respectively.

Loken_ #3 Posted 11 March 2018 - 03:22 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5603 battles

View Postvasilinhorulezz, on 11 March 2018 - 02:16 PM, said:

tier 9 is an example, they are good tanks, and there are some quite fun tanks, but they don't grind credits, nor can be used in clan stuff, so there is no point in keeping them after the grind,

Tier 9 is literally the only actually fun tier in the game to play.

NoPoet406 #4 Posted 11 March 2018 - 03:55 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 2408 battles
  • [USAW] USAW

I have never had ambitions to go above tier 7, maybe tier 8 tops, as I like to see progression while playing a game but instead I see tanks that make a loss every game, 30-second reloads and tanks that only carry 20 rounds. That sounds like a lot of fun then.

The fast and frenetic action of a low tier game appeals, as the game feels more like an actual game instead of a Worthless Death Simulator. It's always fun to see the seal clubbers in tier 3 games hiding in a bush doing nothing until a player with 300 WN8 hunts them down and kills them. And due to the low XP and credits required, you can fulfil your dream of being a tank collector instead of having to grind a single crap tank for three months.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users