• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

camalbitboy #1 Posted 11 March 2018 - 09:02 PM

Private

• Player
  • 26717 battles
  • [SABOT] SABOT

Hi,

I was wondering if there are any plans to review the auto tk/team damage system, and the reporting process as tbh it just doesn't work well enough. People have worked out what the limits are and just game the system now.

Just today I got TK'd by a 48k game player that hid in a bush for most of the game, then decided the most useful thing he could do was rush over and kill me to stop me getting a top gun I assume. He didn't even change colour, let alone get a ban.

http://wotreplays.eu...-ch_tillon_12_t

This isn't the first time this has happened, I see it fairly frequently, and tbh I'm getting sick of it.

Please review this process, its not fit for purpose.

AliceUnchained #2 Posted 11 March 2018 - 09:04 PM

General

• Player
  • 38414 battles
  • [322] 322
Obviously a single situation where the outcome wasn't the one you expected/demanded, means the system doesn't work and warrants a complete overhaul. Thank you for wasting a slot on the first page with a useless thread.

Pansenmann #3 Posted 11 March 2018 - 09:13 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 34360 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Which one do you mean, the VK or the UDES? (not bothering to watch the replay)

normally just 1 damaging shot doesnt turn you blue, let alone ban you, even if it's a kill.

unless you are a repeated offender in a short timeframe and have a bad damage ratio vs. friendlies.

or set a friendly tank on fire which got no fire ext. :)

Edited by Pansenmann, 11 March 2018 - 09:14 PM.

PervyPastryPuffer #4 Posted 11 March 2018 - 09:26 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 31180 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

For first offense:

1st TK hit, offender turns blue.

2nd TK hit, instant ban for 2 hours.

After first ban, if within the same week:

1st TK hit, blue, 50.000 credits penalty.

2nd TK hit, one week ban.

After second ban, if within the same month:

1st TK hit, blue, 500.000 credits penalty with pop-up warning in chat: 'Any further team damage will result in a permanent suspension of your account.'

2nd TK hit, permanent ban, along with IP connection ban to any and ALL official Wargaming.net services and games, including the forums.

...THIS, this is how it should be. I'd love to see anyone DARE to teamkill anyone anymore.

Long story short, you should not remain outside of blue stats after you've landed even a single hit on your ally, accidental or not. If you hit an ally twice by accident it's your own damn fault, learn to aim.

AliceUnchained #5 Posted 11 March 2018 - 09:36 PM

General

• Player
  • 38414 battles
  • [322] 322

View PostTankyouverymuch2, on 11 March 2018 - 09:26 PM, said:

...THIS, this is how it should be. I'd love to see anyone DARE to teamkill anyone anymore.

Ok with me, provided all those special cases insisting on driving in front of you and/or squeeze in between you and the target, oblivious to everyone and everything around them, get banned along with. 

Pansenmann #6 Posted 11 March 2018 - 09:38 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 34360 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

For first offense:

1st TK hit, blue, 500.000 credits penalty with pop-up warning in chat: 'Any further team damage will result in a permanent suspension of your account.'

2nd TK hit, permanent ban, along with IP connection ban to any and ALL official Wargaming.net services and games, including the forums.

Long story short, you should not remain outside of blue stats after you've landed even a single hit on your ally, accidental or not. If you hit an ally twice by accident it's your own damn fault, learn to aim.

this would remove a lot of players quite fast :)

also, how do you deal with teamkill that happen when the reticle was highlighting an enemy tank when the shot was fired?

Having no FF would be very bad, I can play Blitz if I want this.

Edited by Pansenmann, 11 March 2018 - 09:39 PM.

Renesco #7 Posted 11 March 2018 - 09:47 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 21321 battles
  • [SOBAD] SOBAD

afaik it works like this:

shoot an ally twice = turn blue

shoot an ally three times = banned for a while

It happened to me yesterday actually, I was in KV2 derp and just as I pressed the BUTTAN some really erratic guy dived in front of me and got a 152mm explosive shell to the back of the turret reducing him to 8%, then he turned around and shot me 3 times and went inert as he'd obviously been banned. I was actually watching for a forum thread because I can only imagine the rage he was spewing since I had my chat off, but I would say he was mad as hell.

Steve8066 #8 Posted 11 March 2018 - 09:48 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12525 battles

For first offense:

1st offence ban is 1 hour not 2.

camalbitboy #9 Posted 11 March 2018 - 09:52 PM

Private

• Player
  • 26717 battles
  • [SABOT] SABOT

View PostAliceUnchained, on 11 March 2018 - 08:04 PM, said:

Obviously a single situation where the outcome wasn't the one you expected/demanded, means the system doesn't work and warrants a complete overhaul. Thank you for wasting a slot on the first page with a useless thread.

Yeah so totally missing the bit where I say "This isn't the first time this has happened, I see it fairly frequently, and tbh I'm getting sick of it." totally wasting the first response on this thread.....

BP_OMowe #10 Posted 11 March 2018 - 10:18 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 24764 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

View PostAliceUnchained, on 11 March 2018 - 09:04 PM, said:

Give over, it's well known how the automated system can be circumvented and abused. This was just yet another example of it.

Jigabachi #11 Posted 11 March 2018 - 10:35 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17946 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

They could easily put up some harsher rules for repeat offenders, but the one odd teamkill will always exist.

Well... unless WG really remove teamdamage all together.

Balc0ra #12 Posted 11 March 2018 - 10:45 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66549 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Something tells me you would be the first to complain about it and cry in a topic here then. When the friendly light did cross your shells path and you lost 500 000K for that tier X you are saving for, and got banned when you shot him in anger due to it. As that system leaves no windows for mistakes. And a majority of my TD is because people always go in front of a gun, not behind it. And not because I willingly aimed at them.

View Postcamalbitboy, on 11 March 2018 - 09:52 PM, said:

Yeah so totally missing the bit where I say "This isn't the first time this has happened, I see it fairly frequently, and tbh I'm getting sick of it." totally wasting the first response on this thread.....

So what? You want everyone to get banned for a TK, even if they did 1 or 3 shots to do it? Regardless if they did 1 point of damage or 2000?. If you can honestly tell me you never would have been banned if the system was like that so far in the game, you would be lying. And you to would be here to complain about you getting banned instantly for "nothing".

People abuse the 3 hit system now. How do you think trolls would behave if it was on less? There are ways for you to turn blue in most tanks without you even firing. The Usdes/S1 abuse would be right back and the trolls would ban everyone just by looking at them. There is a leeway for a reason.

camalbitboy #13 Posted 11 March 2018 - 11:00 PM

Private

• Player
  • 26717 battles
  • [SABOT] SABOT

View PostBalc0ra, on 11 March 2018 - 09:45 PM, said:

Something tells me you would be the first to complain about it and cry in a topic here then. When the friendly light did cross your shells path and you lost 500 000K for that tier X you are saving for, and got banned when you shot him in anger due to it. As that system leaves no windows for mistakes. And a majority of my TD is because people always go in front of a gun, not behind it. And not because I willingly aimed at them.

So what? You want everyone to get banned for a TK, even if they did 1 or 3 shots to do it? Regardless if they did 1 point of damage or 2000?. If you can honestly tell me you never would have been banned if the system was like that so far in the game, you would be lying. And you to would be here to complain about you getting banned instantly for "nothing".

People abuse the 3 hit system now. How do you think trolls would behave if it was on less? There are ways for you to turn blue in most tanks without you even firing. The Usdes/S1 abuse would be right back and the trolls would ban everyone just by looking at them. There is a leeway for a reason.

No I am not looking for insta bans for single TK instances, where did I say that? I am looking for an improvement to the current processes. I am trying to open up debate and discussion on how this could be improved. All you are doing is trolling fella. Get back in your cave until you can make a constructive comment. Oh and as for "And a majority of my TD is because people always go in front of a gun, not behind it. And not because I willingly aimed at them."  I call bull on that. You have 60k games and only 443 Battle Buddy awards. I have 21k games and 231 battle buddys. Given you have 3 times my matches and only twice my BB awards I'd suggest that you are either careless or like a bit of team damage from time to time, and so are invested in them not improving this aspect of the game.

One improvement I can think of straight away is that I'm hoping that they move away from the report system where it doesn't matter how many times in a day, or by how many people, you get reported for the same thing, it still only counts as 1 strike. I'd like to see that instances where 1/3rd or half the team reports someone it counts for more.

A lot of the time when people get reported for team damage it could well be accidental, and yet they get treated the same as to when you get some idiot intentionally shooting team mates and most of the team recognise its intentional and comment on it. That can't be right.

PervyPastryPuffer #14 Posted 11 March 2018 - 11:28 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 31180 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

For first offense:

View PostSteve8066, on 11 March 2018 - 09:48 PM, said:

Do you now understand how your reply is wrong? I made a proposal, not a guide to how it works now, you didn't even read past the first two lines or you would've realized what I'm talking about... :facepalm:

TacticusMK2 #15 Posted 11 March 2018 - 11:33 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17560 battles
  • [DUAL] DUAL

View PostSteve8066, on 11 March 2018 - 09:48 PM, said:

lol

For first offense:

I'm all in for harsher punishments. But i'm not sure if i agree on those kinda harsh bans. It can happen by accident. 

PervyPastryPuffer #16 Posted 11 March 2018 - 11:36 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 31180 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostBalc0ra, on 11 March 2018 - 10:45 PM, said:

That would only make me blue... rightly so, because I wasn't paying attention where my team is. I certainly wouldn't cry about it on the forums, how low can a person fall...?

No windows for mistakes is necessary for dealing with teamkillers/trolls, if they are allowed to shoot you even once without turning blue, they've effectively snuck out from underneath the banhammer, escaping unscathed while the tomato they've enraged begins shooting them back until he's banned, the troll wins, tomato comes crying to forum, and in the worst-case scenario, stops playing the game altogether, while the troll seeks out another victim...

If you want a fair-play environment, you have to make punishments strict, there is no other way.

View PostTacticusMK2, on 11 March 2018 - 11:33 PM, said:

I'm all in for harsher punishments. But i'm not sure if i agree on those kinda harsh bans. It can happen by accident. 

It could leave a bit of room for error by enforcing the ban on the 3rd hit, but you have to turn blue from the first hit. The person who got shot by the troll (now blue guy) can deal with him.......

*lightbulb* What if it was an accident, you're blue and sorry, but the guy you shot is mad af and kills you... :ohmy: This needs more thought.

camalbitboy #17 Posted 12 March 2018 - 12:13 AM

Private

• Player
  • 26717 battles
  • [SABOT] SABOT

View PostTankyouverymuch2, on 11 March 2018 - 10:36 PM, said:

That would only make me blue... rightly so, because I wasn't paying attention where my team is. I certainly wouldn't cry about it on the forums, how low can a person fall...?

No windows for mistakes is necessary for dealing with teamkillers/trolls, if they are allowed to shoot you even once without turning blue, they've effectively snuck out from underneath the banhammer, escaping unscathed while the tomato they've enraged begins shooting them back until he's banned, the troll wins, tomato comes crying to forum, and in the worst-case scenario, stops playing the game altogether, while the troll seeks out another victim...

If you want a fair-play environment, you have to make punishments strict, there is no other way.

I'm not crying in the forums, I'm trying to start a discussion on a way to improve the game. 

Edited by camalbitboy, 12 March 2018 - 12:14 AM.

Del059 #18 Posted 12 March 2018 - 01:13 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 31296 battles

View Postcamalbitboy, on 11 March 2018 - 09:02 PM, said:

Hi,

I was wondering if there are any plans to review the auto tk/team damage system, and the reporting process as tbh it just doesn't work well enough. People have worked out what the limits are and just game the system now.

Just today I got TK'd by a 48k game player that hid in a bush for most of the game, then decided the most useful thing he could do was rush over and kill me to stop me getting a top gun I assume. He didn't even change colour, let alone get a ban.

http://wotreplays.eu...-ch_tillon_12_t

This isn't the first time this has happened, I see it fairly frequently, and tbh I'm getting sick of it.

Please review this process, its not fit for purpose.

​Maybe they were annoyed at being in the bottom tier medium and as you were the only tank to agree to 'Report these [edited]' as requested by the Leo, they thought you were an elitist [edited]?

camalbitboy #19 Posted 12 March 2018 - 09:09 AM

Private

• Player
  • 26717 battles
  • [SABOT] SABOT

View PostDel059, on 12 March 2018 - 12:13 AM, said:

​Maybe they were annoyed at being in the bottom tier medium and as you were the only tank to agree to 'Report these [edited]' as requested by the Leo, they thought you were an elitist [edited]?

I was wondering if it was that but seeing as how he was afk for over half the game, being reported is perfectly valid and doesn't justify team kill, plus as he was afk I doubted he even read the chat that far back.

Homer_J #20 Posted 12 March 2018 - 09:53 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29038 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postcamalbitboy, on 11 March 2018 - 10:00 PM, said:

No I am not looking for insta bans for single TK instances, where did I say that?

So what do you want to happen in respect to the replay you posted?

Also tagged with Team Kill, Reporting, Ban

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users