• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

PervyPastryPuffer #21 Posted 12 March 2018 - 11:48 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 31205 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View Postcamalbitboy, on 12 March 2018 - 12:13 AM, said:

I'm not crying in the forums, I'm trying to start a discussion on a way to improve the game. 

I wasn't replying to you... And I wasn't implying you were crying, Balc0ra said I'd cry.

Slyspy #22 Posted 12 March 2018 - 11:51 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14202 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Not an issue in my experience. 

Rage_Quit_Inc #23 Posted 12 March 2018 - 11:58 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5211 battles
  • [RQI] RQI
no have had it a few times and got to admit at the start I was guilty of it as well due to frustration (mostly at me being terrible at the game) but people Team damaging me not so much anymore, one thing I have seen more of is people driving in front of my gun and any changes you are suggesting would see me banned for the trolling of others, that's the point ANY system will be abused

camalbitboy #24 Posted 12 March 2018 - 01:10 PM

Private

• Player
  • 26768 battles
  • [SABOT] SABOT

View PostHomer_J, on 12 March 2018 - 08:53 AM, said:

So what do you want to happen in respect to the replay you posted?

Well that guy I'd like to see get a ban as it was blatant and not remotely an accident.

Geno1isme #25 Posted 12 March 2018 - 02:46 PM

General

• Player
  • 43376 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

View PostTankyouverymuch2, on 11 March 2018 - 10:26 PM, said:

For first offense:

1st TK hit, offender turns blue.

2nd TK hit, instant ban for 2 hours.

Is that "hits" or "teamkills" now? If you mean hits it's way to punishing as HE splash, fires, low-tier autoloaders or even minor ramming damage can easily net you multiple hits with effective pulling the trigger once. And if it's only about kills then of course it's next to useless.

2nd TK hit, permanent ban, along with IP connection ban to any and ALL official Wargaming.net services and games, including the forums.

When do people finally learn that IPs are dynamically assigned and/or shared and therfore not usable to identify individual customers?

So definite no, horrible suggestion.

Balc0ra #26 Posted 12 March 2018 - 02:58 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66618 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostTankyouverymuch2, on 11 March 2018 - 11:36 PM, said:

That would only make me blue... rightly so, because I wasn't paying attention where my team is. I certainly wouldn't cry about it on the forums, how low can a person fall...?

If you had a derp or a single fire gun sure. But.. not if you drove a Pz 1c if it was stricter. As that fires more then one shell pr burst. And it's more then one hit if someone drives in front of you sight. As I said. It has a leeway for a reason. And you turn blue for less then. Maybe not you, but there would be more crying about it. And how low? I mean have you seen our forum?

Imo should be based on a mix of tier and alpha vs hits alone. As that would be an easier solution. As a 183 can do over 3K damage before he turns blue, A tier X LT can do 900 ish before he turns blue. Or a Hetzer that can go above 1000 if he uses HEAT. A pz 1c can't even do 60 damage before he turns blue in the same match. So "return fire" can variate. It should be even less if it's on the same target. As two hits on two different targets might be a mishap. two on the same one is def not.

And platoons ofc. They can do 9 hits in total before they all turn blue. Imagine that on a 183 platoon. Then anyone that in that platoon that fires on the same target should be instantly blue once it passes two hits. They have way to much leeway.

Geno1isme #27 Posted 12 March 2018 - 03:31 PM

General

• Player
  • 43376 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT
Also WG has recently stated that they'll eventually disable team damage later this year, so don't waste too much energy on this topic.

Edweird #28 Posted 12 March 2018 - 04:48 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9800 battles

View PostRenesco, on 11 March 2018 - 08:47 PM, said:

afaik it works like this:

shoot an ally twice = turn blue

shoot an ally three times = banned for a while

It happened to me yesterday actually, I was in KV2 derp and just as I pressed the BUTTAN some really erratic guy dived in front of me and got a 152mm explosive shell to the back of the turret reducing him to 8%, then he turned around and shot me 3 times and went inert as he'd obviously been banned. I was actually watching for a forum thread because I can only imagine the rage he was spewing since I had my chat off, but I would say he was mad as hell.

I like this

Homer_J #29 Posted 12 March 2018 - 05:17 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29197 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postcamalbitboy, on 12 March 2018 - 12:10 PM, said:

Well that guy I'd like to see get a ban as it was blatant and not remotely an accident.

And how do you propose the system should be able to tell an accident from an on purpose?

AliceUnchained #30 Posted 12 March 2018 - 09:06 PM

General

• Player
  • 38414 battles
  • [322] 322

View PostBP_OMowe, on 11 March 2018 - 10:18 PM, said:

Give over, it's well known how the automated system can be circumvented and abused. This was just yet another example of it.

In the end, any system can be circumvented. The question is, do we really want a system so rigorous and unforgiving that basically any accidental damage ends in a suspension? Yes, the current system isn't perfect. But all this crying about a few situations here and there really does not, and should not, be considered meaningful.

camalbitboy #31 Posted 12 March 2018 - 11:10 PM

Private

• Player
  • 26768 battles
  • [SABOT] SABOT

View PostHomer_J, on 12 March 2018 - 04:17 PM, said:

And how do you propose the system should be able to tell an accident from an on purpose?

Well that's why I'm asking for ideas. At the very least if multiple people (4-5?) in a battle report a player that has team killed, that should carry more weight than it does currently. At the moment a player can only be reported for one violation per day regardless of how many people report him.

Homer_J #32 Posted 12 March 2018 - 11:20 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29197 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postcamalbitboy, on 12 March 2018 - 10:10 PM, said:

Well that's why I'm asking for ideas. At the very least if multiple people (4-5?) in a battle report a player that has team killed, that should carry more weight than it does currently. At the moment a player can only be reported for one violation per day regardless of how many people report him.

You have no idea how the report system works.

As for 4-5 people reporting a teamkiller, what happens when you get trolled and then the troll starts yelling "raport, raport" like they do?  It's very unlikely that 4 or 5 players even saw what happened.

The current system isn't perfect but without spending a fortune on staff I don't see how it can be improved.

Balc0ra #33 Posted 12 March 2018 - 11:20 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66618 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Postcamalbitboy, on 12 March 2018 - 11:10 PM, said:

Thing is that 4-5 reports in one game.. and that game only might not do much if he never does it again. As I said the current system is based on repeat offenders. Those that do it often enough. If you farm 4-5 reports a few matches pr day. WG will notice. Less so if it's only that one game, and nothing prior or after it.

If WG went after those one hit wonders. Even you would be on your second ban by now. As would we all. Thus why they go for those that farm reports often. And that's just it. You don't know if he does it often or not. Or if he is a one hit wonder, and that was his first TK or even TD in over 10 000 games. Or if this was his 10th.

Then again... I got TK today and he turned blue on 2 hits, not 3. As I was not in cap. Showing he is a repeat offender. It's those the system want.

Edited by Balc0ra, 12 March 2018 - 11:22 PM.

psychobear #34 Posted 12 March 2018 - 11:21 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19072 battles
  • [7EVEN] 7EVEN

For first offense:

1st TK hit, offender turns blue.

2nd TK hit, instant ban for 2 hours.

After first ban, if within the same week:

1st TK hit, blue, 50.000 credits penalty.

2nd TK hit, one week ban.

After second ban, if within the same month:

1st TK hit, blue, 500.000 credits penalty with pop-up warning in chat: 'Any further team damage will result in a permanent suspension of your account.'

2nd TK hit, permanent ban, along with IP connection ban to any and ALL official Wargaming.net services and games, including the forums.

...THIS, this is how it should be. I'd love to see anyone DARE to teamkill anyone anymore.

Long story short, you should not remain outside of blue stats after you've landed even a single hit on your ally, accidental or not. If you hit an ally twice by accident it's your own damn fault, learn to aim.

Man, i would so love this to get implemented - in 6 months tops it would neatly remove all artillery from the game :trollface:

camalbitboy #35 Posted 13 March 2018 - 09:14 AM

Private

• Player
  • 26768 battles
  • [SABOT] SABOT

View PostHomer_J, on 12 March 2018 - 10:20 PM, said:

You have no idea how the report system works.

As for 4-5 people reporting a teamkiller, what happens when you get trolled and then the troll starts yelling "raport, raport" like they do?  It's very unlikely that 4 or 5 players even saw what happened.

The current system isn't perfect but without spending a fortune on staff I don't see how it can be improved.

I love that just because you have no idea how the report system works you assume that I don't.

https://worldoftanks.com/en/content/guide/general/complaint_system/

Complaint processing scheme

Multiple complaints against a user for a day are considered as one. Support does not receive entries of the following in the system: "Player John Doe accused Jane Doe of bullying his favourite Tiger.” The review process is statistical and based on the number of complaints on the players account. Complaints are the basis for viewing a user’s logs and handing out sanctions as needed.

Simply put, the complaint review is based on daily, consolidated statistics. Support opens a daily complaint list and by sorting this list will sanction the highest offending players first and continue down the list. Support checks the validity of complaints against a user based on their chat logs. As a result of this operation only users that have been found to be in violation are appropriatly sanctioned and false reports recieve no action.

Multiple complaints against a user for a day are considered as one. Support does not receive entries of the following in the system: "Player John Doe accused Jane Doe of bullying his favourite Tiger.” The review process is statistical and based on the number of complaints on the players account. Complaints are the basis for viewing a user’s logs and handing out sanctions as needed.

Simply put, the complaint review is based on daily, consolidated statistics. Support opens a daily complaint list and by sorting this list will sanction the highest offending players first and continue down the list. Support checks the validity of complaints against a user based on their chat logs. As a result of this operation only users that have been found to be in violation are appropriatly sanctioned and false reports recieve no action.

Now this is found on the NA server, but seeing as how they haven't published details on the EU server its valid to use this information as the basis of a discussion.

I'm also seeking clarity if "Multiple complaints against a user for a day are considered as one." means multiple complaints from the same user are counted as one, or if all complaints per day are counted as one.  

unhappy_bunny #36 Posted 13 March 2018 - 12:38 PM

Major

• Player
  • 18411 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

View PostDel059, on 12 March 2018 - 01:13 AM, said:

​Maybe they were annoyed at being in the bottom tier medium and as you were the only tank to agree to 'Report these [edited]' as requested by the Leo, they thought you were an elitist [edited]?

View Postcamalbitboy, on 12 March 2018 - 09:09 AM, said:

I was wondering if it was that but seeing as how he was afk for over half the game, being reported is perfectly valid and doesn't justify team kill, plus as he was afk I doubted he even read the chat that far back.

My guess is that just before you killed the enemy arty, you drove across his front, which may have prevented him taking the shot on the arty. Doesn't excuse him TK'ing you, but could explain why he did.

As for being afk, you will never know the reason why. He could have just been sitting there, or he could have had a problem (disconnect or something). 

Also tagged with Team Kill, Reporting, Ban

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users