Incoming with 1.0: premium for bonds?

• Please log in to reply
252 replies to this topic

Simeon85 #201 Posted 15 March 2018 - 11:09 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 1141 battles

View PostSpurtung, on 14 March 2018 - 05:00 PM, said:

It's not such a non-issue as you might think. Several RU clans were dissolved because of this, there are clear signs of spots in clans being sold in the EU server, so WG is only doing some preventive work about it. So this could very well be WG "dealing with" and "clamping down on"

It's minor issue and disciplinary one for WG to deal with. Punishing 99% of clans and players that didn't do it is grossly unfair and is no justification to start giving away hard earned reward tanks to anyone. 

Block Quote

Bonds aren't old. Sure, some people would choose that way now, but they wouldn't be able to have 3 or 4 already like some already do.

Earning 10k bonds is easy, sure, for the right crowd. A CW campaign, for some players, is also easy. Incidentally, these 2 groups tend to be one and the same, so what you're really championing for is for the status quo to remain as is, forcing people to do CW even if they don't want to.

If bonds had been around since the CW system had been around and tanks had been available for bonds then I'd imagine many players would have all of them by now, especially if they are going to go for like 6k.

No, earning bonds is easy full stop compared to a CW campaign.

Even for a clan FAME I'd reckon a campaign is far from easy, sure they win lots of games so pick up the points so their guys might be able to play a lot less games to get the tanks, but that is a handful of clans that can do that, and even then their FCs and leaders still have to do all the organising etc. 

The majority of clans who are not competing for the higher spots, they are basically playing to get their members as many tanks as possible on the personal fame table, that means lots and lots of games, lots of waiting around, lots of landing tournaments, lots of organisation for the FCs and leaders, bickering, shouting, boredom and for the players wanting the tank it means being around almost every day for virtually every game possible.

Earning bonds at your own pace, whenever you want to, at whatever time you want to, solo, with no pressures, that is is much much easier than a campaign, regardless of who you are or how good you are. 

They are not one and the same because the two tasks just do not compare in the slightest. 

Block Quote

50 or 60 tier 10 battles without the right results would still get you nothing. It's not a simple case of "if/then". So yes, the "earning" part of it sure is still there. I dare you to play 50 battles a day for 3 months, even, and then  do a review on what your idea of "earning" is.

That's not true, even middling performances in all tier 10 games can net you 7-8 bonds.

And considering the 48%ers that got to rank 15 on ranked and previous seasons got into the top leaderboards, you don;t have to be that good to get bonds through ranked either.

It's just time, sure it might be a grind, but a grind always being top tier and playing whatever tank you want is hardly hard by anyones definition. 

I don;t have time to play 50-60 games a day, but some people do and they clearly chose to do that, thus they must enjoy doing it, so why would doing that make it hard to get 6k bonds.

It simply is not hard, might take a while, might not, depending on missions and ranked but all you need to do is play some games fairly averagely and you'll get a CW reward tanks, seems totally legit compared to doing it through a hard, stressful and demanding CW campaign. 

Block Quote

So you mean to say I can make a case that there's more battles needed on average per player to get good results on ranked therefore they should actually deserve more for their actual measurable effort? Because if you're gonna talk about pressure, intensity or whatever abstract concept (in the sense you don't feel other's as you feel your own), then you're going to make a rather poor argument for your cause. I could equally argue all the grinding behind getting a good crew in a certain tank that, considering my average XP, translates in more time spent on the game than you.

Don't go into the subjective realm, please. If it's easy for you to grind bonds, cool, go for it, but don't make it look like it's a walk on the park.

Abstract concepts? LMAO, they are not abstract, it's just the reality of a CW campaign, nothing abstract about it. Your ignorance of the subject does not suddenly make it abstract.

Nor does 'more games' make something harder, getting bonds is easy compared to a CW campaign, It's just time, you can do it whenever you want, in whatever tank you want, playing however many games you want, under no pressure to do anything else or play at certain times, all solo, with no waiting around. Just chose a tank, click to battle, earn some bonds, and you'll eventually get a CW reward tank. 

It's laughable to claim its hard or the 'effort' deserves rewards earned in much harder circumstances. 

Geno1isme #202 Posted 15 March 2018 - 12:50 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 51203 battles

View PostSpurtung, on 14 March 2018 - 06:00 PM, said:

Not in more games, but way more in actual pressured time, a lot more effort, waiting around, intensity etc.  Ranked mode is easy mode compared to a campaign.

So you mean to say I can make a case that there's more battles needed on average per player to get good results on ranked therefore they should actually deserve more for their actual measurable effort? Because if you're gonna talk about pressure, intensity or whatever abstract concept (in the sense you don't feel other's as you feel your own), then you're going to make a rather poor argument for your cause. I could equally argue all the grinding behind getting a good crew in a certain tank that, considering my average XP, translates in more time spent on the game than you.

Don't go into the subjective realm, please. If it's easy for you to grind bonds, cool, go for it, but don't make it look like it's a walk on the park.

Earning bonds is just a matter of farming them over time. "Skill" or the time/resources invested just allows one to farm them faster.

CW campaign means you have to play almost every evening in a given timeframe at exactly predetermined times. In tanks that might not be your primary choice, following tactics you may not agree with or even fully understand. Where a loss cannot simply be compensated by starting another match, if you're kicked out of a landing tournament in the later primetimes then you're done for the evening. And in the end you may still end up empty-handed no matter how much you invested.

Comparing the ranked grindmode to this is simply ridiculous.

View PostSpurtung, on 14 March 2018 - 06:00 PM, said:

I dare you to play 50 battles a day for 3 months, even, and then  do a review on what your idea of "earning" is.

Why would anybody in their right mind play 50+ battles a day over more than a single weekend? That's just killing braincells for no reason. Why should anybody be rewarded for being cruel to braincells?

Ph3lan #203 Posted 15 March 2018 - 03:23 PM

Community Operations Lead WoT EU

• WG Staff
  • 19172 battles
  • [WG] WG

Hey guys!

To clear thinks up about this topic: The possibility of acquiring tanks with bonds is indeed something that we are considering, however for now this is only an option and is not something that is coming in the 1.0 Update. Even if this option becomes reality at some point, we are nowhere near the point to talk about price points, so any prices floating around are completely theoretical (just like the option itself).

Also, we are definitely not considering selling bonds for money. (you can quote me on this one :) ). 

- Ph3lan

brumbarr #204 Posted 15 March 2018 - 03:25 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 46750 battles
  • [JBAIT] JBAIT

View PostPh3lan, on 15 March 2018 - 03:23 PM, said:

Hey guys!

To clear thinks up about this topic: The possibility of acquiring tanks with bonds is indeed something that we are considering, however for now this is only an option and is not something that is coming in the 1.0 Update. Even if this option becomes reality at some point, we are nowhere near the point to talk about price points, so any prices floating around are completely theoretical (just like the option itself).

Also, we are definitely not considering selling bonds for money. (you can quote me on this one :) ). 

- Ph3lan

But the main questions is:

Are you planning to sell CW reward tanks for bonds? Or just other tanks?

Simeon85 #205 Posted 15 March 2018 - 03:26 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 1141 battles

View Postbrumbarr, on 15 March 2018 - 03:25 PM, said:

But the main questions is:

Are you planning to sell CW reward tanks for bonds? Or just other tanks?

This, worrying he didn't say anything about this. 

jabster #206 Posted 15 March 2018 - 03:28 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12930 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostPh3lan, on 15 March 2018 - 02:23 PM, said:

Hey guys!

- Ph3lan

The problem is that what WG say and what they end up doing aren’t the same thing. Have a look at what the ex-CM Ectar said about pre-order tanks and CW tanks. I’m sure you’re sincere in what you say but it basically means nothing.

Rage_Quit_Inc #207 Posted 15 March 2018 - 03:29 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5211 battles
  • [RQI] RQI

Hey guys!

- Ph3lan

WARGAMING NOT SEELING BONDS FOR CASH IST OFFICIAL!  quote -Ph3lan

seriously it good to see WG staff getting involved in these chats more needed !

brumbarr #208 Posted 15 March 2018 - 03:30 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 46750 battles
  • [JBAIT] JBAIT

View Postjabster, on 15 March 2018 - 03:28 PM, said:

The problem is that what WG say and what they end up doing aren’t the same thing. Have a look at what the ex-CM Ectar said about pre-order tanks and CW tanks. I’m sure you’re sincere in what you say but it basically means nothing.

What did he say? Wasnt around for that.

Spurtung #209 Posted 15 March 2018 - 04:58 PM

General

• Player
  • 90036 battles
  • [HAPPS] HAPPS

View PostSimeon85, on 15 March 2018 - 12:09 PM, said:

Earning bonds at your own pace, whenever you want to, at whatever time you want to, solo, with no pressures, that is is much much easier than a campaign, regardless of who you are or how good you are. 

Block Quote

50 or 60 tier 10 battles without the right results would still get you nothing. It's not a simple case of "if/then". So yes, the "earning" part of it sure is still there. I dare you to play 50 battles a day for 3 months, even, and then  do a review on what your idea of "earning" is.

That's not true, even middling performances in all tier 10 games can net you 7-8 bonds.

And considering the 48%ers that got to rank 15 on ranked and previous seasons got into the top leaderboards, you don;t have to be that good to get bonds through ranked either.

It's just time, sure it might be a grind, but a grind always being top tier and playing whatever tank you want is hardly hard by anyones definition. 

I don;t have time to play 50-60 games a day, but some people do and they clearly chose to do that, thus they must enjoy doing it, so why would doing that make it hard to get 6k bonds.

It simply is not hard, might take a while, might not, depending on missions and ranked but all you need to do is play some games fairly averagely and you'll get a CW reward tanks, seems totally legit compared to doing it through a hard, stressful and demanding CW campaign. 

Block Quote

Abstract concepts? LMAO, they are not abstract, it's just the reality of a CW campaign, nothing abstract about it. Your ignorance of the subject does not suddenly make it abstract.

Nor does 'more games' make something harder, getting bonds is easy compared to a CW campaign, It's just time, you can do it whenever you want, in whatever tank you want, playing however many games you want, under no pressure to do anything else or play at certain times, all solo, with no waiting around. Just chose a tank, click to battle, earn some bonds, and you'll eventually get a CW reward tank. 

It's laughable to claim its hard or the 'effort' deserves rewards earned in much harder circumstances. 

1. Nobody can win the amount of bonds available in ranked whenever they feel like it. It was an event with certain days and schedules.

So if you have free mornings, tough luck, no ranked for you. You can't speak for pressure or stress regarding anyone but yourself. Easy for you? Congrats, but don't mistake that with the rest of the players.

2. I'm not discussing how many bonds you get by playing tier 10. I'm challenging you to even play 60 battles daily for 4 months, regardless of tier. Then if you do that with tier 10s only, at the end come discuss what "earning" means.

3. Perhaps "abstract" was a poor word choice. Make that "subjective".

brumbarr #210 Posted 15 March 2018 - 05:03 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 46750 battles
  • [JBAIT] JBAIT

View PostSpurtung, on 15 March 2018 - 04:58 PM, said:

1. Nobody can win the amount of bonds available in ranked whenever they feel like it. It was an event with certain days and schedules.

So if you have free mornings, tough luck, no ranked for you. You can't speak for pressure or stress regarding anyone but yourself. Easy for you? Congrats, but don't mistake that with the rest of the players.

2. I'm not discussing how many bonds you get by playing tier 10. I'm challenging you to even play 60 battles daily for 4 months, regardless of tier. Then if you do that with tier 10s only, at the end come discuss what "earning" means.

3. Perhaps "abstract" was a poor word choice. Make that "subjective".

There are a lot of ways to gain bonds:

- ranked battles, about once every 3 months

- random battle medals

- random tierX battles

-grand battles

- missions with bonds as reward

So there is no timepressure as there are a lot of options.

Whereas a campaign only has 1 option:

Play a month of campaign and then grind 4k bonds.

Dont forget our reward tank costed us 4k bonds, so you only need to earn 2k more.

Edited by brumbarr, 15 March 2018 - 05:04 PM.

LordMuffin #211 Posted 15 March 2018 - 05:08 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 61263 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
If you gain 7 bonds/T10 battle on average, and tank cost 7k bonds, you need 1k battles for 1 tank.
Which isn't a ridiculous amount.
With 20 battles/day it would take 50 days, or almost 2 months.

This feels like a rather good time spend / reward ratio.

Spurtung #212 Posted 15 March 2018 - 05:09 PM

General

• Player
  • 90036 battles
  • [HAPPS] HAPPS

View Postbrumbarr, on 15 March 2018 - 06:03 PM, said:

Dont forget our reward tank costed us 4k bonds, so you only need to earn 2k more.

About that, I wonder how many eligible CW players couldn't cough up the 4k needed for their reward.

brumbarr #213 Posted 15 March 2018 - 06:14 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 46750 battles
  • [JBAIT] JBAIT

View PostSpurtung, on 15 March 2018 - 05:09 PM, said:

About that, I wonder how many eligible CW players couldn't cough up the 4k needed for their reward.

If nothing was changed, my guess would be a lot. But WG realised their mistake and lenghtened the tank pickign period by 3 weeks.

And my theory is that they realised that wasnt enough, so the bond event we got was partly to get those people the bonds they needed without having to change the campaign rules.

jabster #214 Posted 15 March 2018 - 06:56 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12930 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View Postbrumbarr, on 15 March 2018 - 02:30 PM, said:

What did he say? Wasnt around for that.

If you have a look at some of his posts it’s the same implied they are there for clan wars, we aren’t going to sell them, they were only for pre-order etc., etc. Again I don’t think he was personally intentionally lying but WG’s word in this context means very little.

brumbarr #215 Posted 15 March 2018 - 06:59 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 46750 battles
  • [JBAIT] JBAIT

View Postjabster, on 15 March 2018 - 06:56 PM, said:

If you have a look at some of his posts it’s the same implied they are there for clan wars, we aren’t going to sell them, they were only for pre-order etc., etc. Again I don’t think he was personally intentionally lying but WG’s word in this context means very little.

But that promiss hasnt been broken yet, so i dont see the point?

_EXODUZ_ #216 Posted 15 March 2018 - 07:03 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42689 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Postbrumbarr, on 15 March 2018 - 06:59 PM, said:

But that promiss hasnt been broken yet, so i dont see the point?

Jabster's comment is more about pre-order tanks, not CW rewards.

truoste #217 Posted 15 March 2018 - 08:36 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 44389 battles

Hey guys!

- Ph3lan

Come on man, there is no need to be rude like that. I was nursing a semi here as i though that I could finally get myself OP(J)907. 

Ps. Yeah I do not care if it was cw reward and many would be offended, I will likely never have time to actually participate in cw. 

Edited by truoste, 15 March 2018 - 08:39 PM.

nickdragon13 #218 Posted 15 March 2018 - 08:38 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 39842 battles
Has any WG employer refered anything about this?Making premium tanks for purchable for bonds..Personally I would really like this to be implemented.Hope they consider it if they havent yet.They got nothing to lose.Its a great way to force players to play more...

brumbarr #219 Posted 15 March 2018 - 08:50 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 46750 battles
  • [JBAIT] JBAIT

View Postnickdragon13, on 15 March 2018 - 08:38 PM, said:

Has any WG employer refered anything about this?Making premium tanks for purchable for bonds..Personally I would really like this to be implemented.Hope they consider it if they havent yet.They got nothing to lose.Its a great way to force players to play more...

Dont think they will ever sell premium tanks for bonds, just reward tanks. ( premium that dont make credits)

Jumping_Turtle #220 Posted 16 March 2018 - 12:02 AM

General

• Player
  • 81495 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View Postnickdragon13, on 15 March 2018 - 08:38 PM, said:

https://worldoftanks...s/2018-preview/

And we don’t plan to stop here—we’re considering making customization items and vehicles available with Bonds

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users