Swedish TDs

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Rage_Quit_Inc #1 Posted 12 March 2018 - 02:53 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5211 battles
  • [RQI] RQI

Ok going finally start this line, are there any pigs on this line that I can FXP past to save any pain? looks pretty good 8 and up even with the current MM I would value so experienced input.

Thanks in advance

XxKuzkina_MatxX #2 Posted 12 March 2018 - 02:58 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 49711 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE
I advise against going to this line but of course it's up to you. Tier 6 and below are trash. Tier 7, the DPM is meh but overall it's ok. Tier 8 very good sniper. Tier 9 suffers from an unexplained drop in accuracy. Tier 10 is the ultimate bush wanker.

Edited by XxKuzkina_MatxX, 12 March 2018 - 02:59 PM.

Rage_Quit_Inc #3 Posted 12 March 2018 - 03:01 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5211 battles
  • [RQI] RQI

ok then, tier 9 is hated by the RNG gods you say? and yeah I can see what you mean by the tier 10 good DPM but has to stay back I cant image you could really do anything close to mid in these TDs

Ok sod it Russian Meds it is then! can go wrong with them

Edited by Rage_Quit_Inc, 12 March 2018 - 03:02 PM.

Geno1isme #4 Posted 12 March 2018 - 03:04 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 42710 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

T5 is "special" as on the top-gun it only has HEAT available (premium version just gives you 140mm instead of 120mm of penetration) with high alpha but bad accuracy and horrible shell velocity.

T6 has horrible DPM and isn't really good at anything

T7 has backmounted gun, but pretty mobile and can be surprisingly effective

And all (including T8) have complete paper armor.

At T8 things change quite a bit. You get extreme penetration, camo, high accuracy and decent mobility, but need to get used to siege mechanic and accept it's limitations. T9+10 get some trollish armor (not very think, but extremely angled + spaced sidearmor) on top.

jack_timber #5 Posted 12 March 2018 - 03:05 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 33432 battles

IKV at T5 firing HE can be fun...

But the better tanks start at T8, siege mode takes getting used to. Personally I prefer UDES over 103b, then again managed to block some 4.9k damage with 103b

As has been stated great snipers and most excellent camo so use it to your advantage.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #6 Posted 12 March 2018 - 03:07 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 49711 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE

View PostRage_Quit_Inc, on 12 March 2018 - 04:01 PM, said:

ok then, tier 9 is hated by the RNG gods you say? and yeah I can see what you mean by the tier 10 good DPM but has to stay back I cant image you could really do anything close to mid in these TDs

Tier 9 got 0.29 dispersion, which is not bad at all by the game standards, but tier 8 and tier 10 have 0.24 which is just awesome. Close to mid range you can do stuff as long as your enemy's gun is 120 mm or less and doesn't shoot heat. Tier 8 is a dedicated sniper, no armor whatsoever.

About the Russians...despite their popularity and reputation as capable tanks. How about a Patton? Good tanks along the line and very comfortable to play.

Edited by XxKuzkina_MatxX, 12 March 2018 - 03:18 PM.

Rage_Quit_Inc #7 Posted 12 March 2018 - 03:16 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5211 battles
  • [RQI] RQI
Yeah but by the sounds of it you have to stay WAY WAY back and not sure I want to have games doing that, I might as well play Arty

XxKuzkina_MatxX #8 Posted 12 March 2018 - 03:21 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 49711 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE

View PostRage_Quit_Inc, on 12 March 2018 - 04:16 PM, said:

Yeah but by the sounds of it you have to stay WAY WAY back and not sure I want to have games doing that, I might as well play Arty

They are useful when you are feeling lazy or sleepy. You tunnel vision and click, guaranteed satisfaction :)

SuperDuperOtter #9 Posted 12 March 2018 - 03:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15097 battles
  • [_7TH_] _7TH_

I'd recommand to FXP the T7.

I'd recommand to NOT FXP the Tier 9, as the Strv 103-0 and Strv 103B are realy set appart game play wise. There is nothing like them. And grind through the Tier 9 to get the Tier 10 is the best way to learn how to play the Strv 103B.

doriansky1 #10 Posted 12 March 2018 - 03:37 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 29143 battles
  • [SKIL1] SKIL1
  • Tier 5, Ikv 103 : dement gun depression, super cammo rating. Too bad you cannot fire HE, since the top gun has HEAT and premium HEAT
  • Tier 6, Ikv 65 II : very good cammo, good mobility, good gun handling, punchy gun. Crap DPM.
  • Tier 7,Ikv 90 B : The same things as tier 6 (except the DPM which is much better).....but for some reason this was a pain in the ***. Don't know why.
  • Tier 8, UDES : Best tier 8 sniper. Super sneaky. Super mobile. No armor at all.

So far all these tanks are HE-able, so beware.

• Tier 9, Strv 103-0: Best tier 9 sniper. Can bully any tank with calibre less than 120 mm, as long as he does not fire HEAT. For example E50 or SuperConqueror cannot pen you because they have small caliber and cannot fire HEAT.  But any tank with 122mm or above will pen.
  • Tier 10: started to play with this recently, so far i cannot say i am able to play it at full potential. DPM is one of the best in the game + best gun handling. Lower plate can be overmatched by big guns. 

I don't think you have to free XP any tank on this line....just have some patience at tier 7. Keep your free XP for modules (for example keep free XP to research UDES modules).

Edited by doriansky1, 12 March 2018 - 03:38 PM.

Rage_Quit_Inc #11 Posted 12 March 2018 - 03:42 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5211 battles
  • [RQI] RQI

View Postdoriansky1, on 12 March 2018 - 02:37 PM, said:

• Tier 5, Ikv 103 : dement gun depression, super cammo rating. Too bad you cannot fire HE, since the top gun has HEAT and premium HEAT
  • Tier 6, Ikv 65 II : very good cammo, good mobility, good gun handling, punchy gun. Crap DPM.
  • Tier 7,Ikv 90 B : The same things as tier 6 (except the DPM which is much better).....but for some reason this was a pain in the ***. Don't know why.
  • Tier 8, UDES : Best tier 8 sniper. Super sneaky. Super mobile. No armor at all.

So far all these tanks are HE-able, so beware.

• Tier 9, Strv 103-0: Best tier 9 sniper. Can bully any tank with calibre less than 120 mm, as long as he does not fire HEAT. For example E50 or SuperConqueror cannot pen you because they have small caliber and cannot fire HEAT.  But any tank with 122mm or above will pen.
  • Tier 10: started to play with this recently, so far i cannot say i am able to play it at full potential. DPM is one of the best in the game + best gun handling. Lower plate can be overmatched by big guns.

I don't think you have to free XP any tank on this line....just have some patience at tier 7. Keep your free XP for modules (for example keep free XP to research UDES modules).

Ok cheers I think I will slow play this grind then still could be fun

TungstenHitman #12 Posted 12 March 2018 - 04:25 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22218 battles

View PostRage_Quit_Inc, on 12 March 2018 - 02:01 PM, said:

So this is a thread to say your not bothering with them? Right.... good luck with your Russian meds then, and yet you also say you are going to take on these TD's after all. Well it's been a while since I went down that path ultimately stopping half way towards the tier10 and never going back so I'm not sure if any were nerfed or buffed but as recall.

T5 - trash, can't turn, narrow gun arch, terrible aim time and a derp which combines to make sure you cant hit anything other than some other static bush camper with pen that may or may not go through armor... with may not winning most the time but hey. No HE option either, a Hetzer it ain't! This would be the one to freeXP passed imo, it will be cheaper than any higher tier freeXP options which by comparison, will all be better than this barge.

T6 - High camo, LOVELY gun really nice gun, fast aim time, enough standard AP pen to punch through most things you face and amazing accuracy with little to no dispersion when moving gun. Great gun dep but the Swedes from here onward are all paper boxes and this really is box both in armor and shape, I really liked it though... was good at what it does. Noticably poor dpm, almost ammo racked feeling you just won't believe how long it takes to reload an average alpha shell but you just play to that and it's a capable killer, don't forget, while it has poor dpm, pretty much every shot WILL hit its target so.. pretty reliable little box and a fairly mobile little box too.

T7- So much potential, lovely mobility, high camo again, they all have high camo now and getting increasingly more with each tier. This TD tick all the boxes for a true bush camper that can get around the map fast and unseen, much better dpm, great standard pen once again(another common to the TDs from tier6 onward), fast shell velocity, really nice BUT... made total trash by that awful aim time and accuracy. Noticeably awful, to the point that taking an early shot and thinking the shell velocity will negate the problem, no it won't you will just knock cheese off the moon instead. For a TD this is just unforgivable and hard to work around, having to turn down moving targets as that aiming circle winds in painfully slow and the target eases in behind cover and gone, made worse by the poor alpha per shot. By comparison, at tier7, the Jpanther is everything this is not, fast aim time, accurate, big alpha, bouncy front, very nice TD maybe the best T7 TD certainly the best I played but maybe the buffed Brit is now better I don't know.

T8 Lovely tank, the best bush sniper at tier8 with standard pen that will rip through the front of even some of the most OP armor tanks, your'e talking 288 on tap, at this tier, you have an IS6 with 175pen just to put things into perspective, same for many mediums and lights so you have over 100 more pen along with a 1.2 second aim time, insane accuracy and lighting fast shell velocities. binocs and net remain active when in siege mode, yes, that is correct lol, you can traverse the entire tank around and not lose the binocs and net lol.. so, when you get this tank on an open map it's absolutely a thing of beauty and little can escape. Made of butter and unlike it's bigger brothers, it doesn't bounce shots eat will eat everything shot at apart from some shots which may bounce off your gun which to be fair, is a big gun and takes up a lot of the middle from rear to front so its not unheard of.

T9 Tank feels sluggish, heavy and lazy after the tier8 but it straight up gets a big dpm buff and even more lols pen. Not much else changes, same playstyle but you just around the map a bit slower and laugh as the same alpha gun reloads even faster going from 0-5k dmg in what feels like seconds my own record topping out at 8k. It enters and exits siege mode faster(I think) and this makes all the difference when spotted to just fold up your deck chair and run drop behind a hill. It also has incredibly bouncy armor well beyond what the cigarette paper thickness and over-matching would suggest. You need to work that armor a little bit though by lowering or raising the nose, you can learn how to present it without sacrificing gun dep or elevation, can find that sweet spot before engaging targets, a learned thing. 

T10, Never finished out the grind, lost interest in that playstyle and moved over to mediums instead, and the happier for it. You see, these are all one trick ponies and once out of their preferred environment, are complete trash, bad beyond levels you can imagine. So they are all or nothing, on one map the boss on another the whipping boy and nothing in between.   

Edited by TungstenHitman, 12 March 2018 - 04:26 PM.

Edweird #13 Posted 12 March 2018 - 04:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9666 battles

View PostRage_Quit_Inc, on 12 March 2018 - 01:53 PM, said:

Ok going finally start this line, are there any pigs on this line that I can FXP past to save any pain? looks pretty good 8 and up even with the current MM I would value so experienced input.

Thanks in advance

I hear nothing but negative comments about the Swedish td line.

I got to the tier 5 and gave up as the aim time is glacial.

Warzey #14 Posted 12 March 2018 - 04:32 PM

Warrant Officer

• WGL PRO Player
  • 57073 battles
When I was grinding Swedish TD line I started with T6. From my experience T7 is absolutely terrible and Udes with stock gun is pretty bad. Rest of the line is all right, you don't even have to drop free exp to upgrade T9. 

Mimos_A #15 Posted 12 March 2018 - 04:58 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24177 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L
It's a pretty painless grind. The tier 5 is a bit funky, but still okay. I played it up close hiding behind stuff, wait for it opponents to fire and then donk someone in the face for 350. You really depend on some meatshields to take hits by playing it this way though. The tier 7 can be frustrating as pretty much every time you get hit you lose you engine, if not just die outright. UDES with the stock gun is awful, with the top gun it's a good tank. The strv 103 - 0 is a bit iffy at times. It's good when there's not a lot that can overmatch you and you can play aggressive in it, when you have to play it long range it felt like I was missing way too many shots. The 103-b is a beast, though it can be frustrating when the enemy team is nothing but big guns.

All in all I've been playing all of them except the tier 7 and the UDES pretty aggressive. In most situations you have either the alpha, the dpm, the penetration or the camo to push the tempo. It's a waste to just sit in the back trying to snipe.

Edited by Mimos_A, 12 March 2018 - 05:05 PM.

fighting_falcon93 #16 Posted 12 March 2018 - 05:30 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 31229 battles

So many negative comments about the Swedish TDs. Of course, we get something unique, people complain that it's boring, we get something cloned, people complain that it's boring. Sometimes I actually do feel sorry for WG, it can't be easy.

The Swedish TD branch is one of my most beloved TD branches in the game. If you know how to play TDs, you will love this branch. And to those of you already thinking it, no, playing a TD in the correct way does not mean to play with yourself on the redline. It means following the battle from a distance, preferebly outside spotting range, and pump out as much damage as you can, effectively helping your team to win.

I have grinded the branch from tier 1 to tier 10, so here's my opinion of it:

Tier I - V: This is in my opinion the most painfull part. You get to play low tiers with stupidly low HP and massive amounts of RNG, and on top of that you get derp guns that have so slow shells that a Pigeon would fly to the target faster.

Tier VI - VII: These two tanks might not be beautiful, but they are atleast proper TDs that can snipe and pen their targets. I'd say that the fun starts here.

Tier VIII: This is where the real fun and uniqeness starts. This tank is the perfect tier 8 sniper and if you play it properly, you will have a lot of fun with it. Brawling maps gets a bit frustrating, but it's workable aswell as long as the enemy team isn't too agressive.

Tier IX: A bit disappointing because of the accuracy, but IMHO still not worth to skip. The tank itself is fun to play, just that you will feel the difference in accuracy. Sure, you get a bit more armor, but that will only work untill people load their skill ammo, so don't rely on it.

Tier X: This is the beauty and crown of the branch. It has everything you can ever expect a sniper to have. IMHO one of the most fun tanks in the entire game and definitely worth the grind.

GLHF :great:

Balc0ra #17 Posted 12 March 2018 - 06:04 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66298 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Tier 7 is the only one tbh.

Tier 5 as pointed out has HEAT only. So in a support role it can troll you vs tracks etc at medium to long range. But close up it can be good fun if you have support.

Tier 6 is sneaky for it's size. DPM is bad tho. But the camo and mobility combo can workout great at times. Tho it's IMO the most situational tank in the line. Fun, but still situational.

Tier 7 is like a bad E25 tbh. It's camo is good, mobility is fine. But DPM is terrible vs other targets you face if they get to close. Still more then the Challenger. But if it had the same alpha as it. It would actually be workable vs the pen etc. Stock grind is horrible on it unless you get top tier games all the time. But you won't. So that's where you need free XP on it tbh. DPM is even less then.

Tie 8 is great once you get the top gun. But unlike the others, the gun is not 100% locked to the hull. It has some left to right movement + elevation. So if you auto lock on something driving over a ridge line, you can get away with it by not using siege mode if you want to back off faster etc if you only gonna do the 1 hit anyway.

Edited by Balc0ra, 12 March 2018 - 06:06 PM.

malachi6 #18 Posted 12 March 2018 - 07:34 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 49930 battles
Tier 5 is actually very good if you use it as an ambush tank up close.  That gun depression is awesome.

Edited by malachi6, 12 March 2018 - 07:38 PM.

SyJoMa #19 Posted 12 March 2018 - 07:58 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 24985 battles
If I would go though the line again I'd free XP till tier 6, grind it and maybe free XP the VII tier.

Some say VI tier is bad but I think it's the best VI TD there is. And one of the most fun tanks to play, will buy it back at some point. If someone says it sucks they've propably tried to snipe with it - I just go frontline and abuse that gun dep ;) Result: 1200 dpg and 60+% winrate (way over my usual).

VIII-X are all quite nice. 

FatigueGalaxy #20 Posted 12 March 2018 - 08:00 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 19273 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

Tier 5 is fine but it doesn't suit everybody. As long as you are ok with 120 mm or 140 mm penetration, it's a good TD. Tier 7 battles suck sometimes if there are too many heavies but it's really easy to get great results in thing think. Fast, great camo, 300 alpha on tier 5 TD - you land few shots and you have great battle. If you have premium, you can probably grind through it in one day. It's worth trying out even for its uniqueness.

IMO, don't skip anything above tier 4 - train your crew. It's a line of fast, paper TDs with decent/good guns. Easy grind, all the way up to tier 8 (you have use free XP here to get upgraded gun).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users