let them spot

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

Rage_Quit_Inc #1 Posted 12 March 2018 - 03:27 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5211 battles
  • [RQI] RQI

All im not a light tank driver, I tried them but im not very good in them (I have no will power to NOT fire when im in that forward bush) but here is my plea to every single one of you.

In spawn if you have light tanks and especially if they signal their intent on where they are going to spot ect...

LET THEM THROUGH try not to get in their way move to let them pass if you have to

If they get better vision it will more often than not win you the game, the best spotters can carry a team by not getting the most damage but keep them devil red dog lit like a chrimbo tree allowing you to wail on them with your gold spam!

Every battle im looking at the lights and more often than not the team with the better light drivers will win, this seems to be the constant regardless of MM or RNG so let them do their job especially at the beginning getting those early spots.

Ive seem heavies raging at lights for getting in the way or "bumping them" etc etc let them pass please :)

Thanks in advance!

Edweird #2 Posted 12 March 2018 - 03:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9619 battles

Well said, I love light tanks, as you say a light tank played well can pretty much carry the whole team.

Be nice to the little guys and we will help.

However, a light camping on the red line deserves all the abuse they get.

Edited by discontinued, 12 March 2018 - 03:35 PM.

Rage_Quit_Inc #3 Posted 12 March 2018 - 03:36 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5211 battles
  • [RQI] RQI

Its such a simple thing give the spotters right of way in spawn, I can literally mean the difference in getting to that forward bush or not but I see so many people get in their way then rage at them.

and yeah lights on (rearward) red line should be educated maybe, but not by me perhaps a light tank call centre Spotters Anonymous maybe :teethhappy:

Edweird #4 Posted 12 March 2018 - 03:42 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9619 battles
Yes seconds can make the difference between winning or losing getting to that hill or spotting place before the enemy light gets there.

People who block light tanks are making a victory less likely.

But then again some heavy drivers do not seem to be the sharpest tools in the box.

Edited by discontinued, 12 March 2018 - 03:43 PM.

Dr_ownape #5 Posted 12 March 2018 - 04:00 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 43443 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

its been an issue since ever but there is a simple way to avoid them all. look where you are inrelation to where you need to be then:

decide who will be afk for those initial 10 sec to avoid them not moving

decide who will turn straightaway into your path without pressing W

decide who will drive their slowass heavy straight on without care for others (mines is a good example for this)

decide which TDs will reverse into your path as they are trying to redline ASAP

decide which SPGs will think them getting to their favoured clicking position within 15 sec is soo inportant as they won't be loaded for another 30 sec anyway.

do all that then you are golden

see easy

Rage_Quit_Inc #6 Posted 12 March 2018 - 04:04 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5211 battles
  • [RQI] RQI

View PostDr_ownape, on 12 March 2018 - 03:00 PM, said:

its been an issue since ever but there is a simple way to avoid them all. look where you are inrelation to where you need to be then:

decide who will drive their slowass heavy straight on without care for others (mines is a good example for this)

decide which SPGs will think them getting to their favoured clicking position within 15 sec is soo inportant as they won't be loaded for another 30 sec anyway.

see easy

Ahhh so from the lights point of view just have extra sensory perception? :trollface: is that purchasable with gold?

you see that's why Im making this thread to try and educate those who may not even consider this a problem, the problem is and I realise this, is that the people I want to educate won't come on here as most on here WANT to improve

Edited by Rage_Quit_Inc, 12 March 2018 - 04:04 PM.

Coldspell #7 Posted 12 March 2018 - 04:14 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 19394 battles
My personal favourite are the guys who Park behind an unspotted LT then start firing......Ive lost hp and powerful spotting positions to this in the past.

Snake_Keeper #8 Posted 12 March 2018 - 04:25 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8980 battles
Personally my problem isn't getting out of spawn fast, problem is people not taking positions to take advantage of the spotting provided. Instead they all go to their corners on autopilot.

vasilinhorulezz #9 Posted 12 March 2018 - 04:29 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22813 battles

Not that I want to disagree, 

but you also must realize that a Maus, has 20kp/h top speed,

if you block him and make him stop,

he will also fail to get to a useful position in time to be effective.

And it is important for him to go as fast as possible, because he won't be able to

fight for that position anymore.

Steve8066 #10 Posted 12 March 2018 - 04:31 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12432 battles
the problem i see with lights is when more than 1 in a battle. 1 will indicate where hes going, so the 2nd and sometimes 3rd will go to the same place. Why bother? you might as well stay in spawn point. If 1 says where hes going, pick somewhere else.

TheR3dBaron #11 Posted 12 March 2018 - 04:44 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 34341 battles
  • [REMY] REMY

View PostDr_ownape, on 12 March 2018 - 04:00 PM, said:

These are the most annoying, you are supposed to go spot for them, and they back up into you.

Igor_BL #12 Posted 12 March 2018 - 04:47 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39598 battles
  • [GX] GX

View PostDr_ownape, on 12 March 2018 - 04:00 PM, said:

see easy

those two irritate me so much lately.

TD blocks LTs and fast meds on start, and then he sits in bush 20m from spawn and spend there next 5 minutes pinging on map for spot.

Spurtung #13 Posted 12 March 2018 - 05:00 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 63703 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostDr_ownape, on 12 March 2018 - 05:00 PM, said:

see easy

It really is that disgusting when a tank that won't move more than 150m from spawn is in such a hurry to build the nest they'll block just about anyone.

TungstenHitman #14 Posted 12 March 2018 - 05:00 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22178 battles

You can't blame players for this though, most tanks and tank classes need to get a move on asap or either lose precious time reaching areas of the map where they can be much more effective and hard to shift. This is just as true for a slow heavy as it is for light tank as it is for a TD and even an SPG to an extent. Now that is a very fair point, and each tank and class will be of little use to the other unless they get to these positions as fast. The light tank can scout like a boss BUT, if his teammates are not yet in position you won't get anyone shooting, equally, if the other tanks get to these preferred positions and the light tank is not scouting, they have nothing to shoot at. Heavies may be fighting their own separate battles not so much reliant on scouting but getting to their preferred positions on that map as soon as possible is no less important and battle winning.

Also consider, that many players are only viewing their own tank up close and might not play with a pulled back view of the tank so cannot know there is a zippy light tank racing at them. One could argue that a big slow heavy is fairly predictable in its course and speed so why a highly agile and fast light tank cannot react to that and simply drive around him is a fair point. I think the blame lies with WG devs imo. There is an almost troll distribution of tanks at the start of a battle whereby the big and slow tanks along with SPG are placed at the front and sides while the lights and meds are locked into the middle, this is a recipe for disaster and can set off some friendly fire given how important and crucial these early moments of a battle are.

Edited by TungstenHitman, 12 March 2018 - 05:01 PM.

Igor_BL #15 Posted 12 March 2018 - 05:15 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39598 battles
  • [GX] GX

It is more important to let LT move, then TD.

TD can wait 2-3-4 seconds. That time for the LT geting into positions for early spot or bush is crucial.
It is not crucial for TDs.

I always look where my LTs around me, and let them go first.

People dont do that even in CW/SH. You have to explain before every game "Let the LT to pass".

Sirebellus #16 Posted 12 March 2018 - 05:42 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19137 battles

I'm normally so bored in the last few seconds of the 30 second countdown that my finger is already firmly jamming down the W, A, S or D key (or some combination thereof)... I must say I had never really thought of this as much of an issue and moaned to myself about the LT's running into me...

I can see though that on certain maps (Lakeville being the most obvious one) that the LT needs to get to 'that bush' before the enemy can possibly spot him, so I will wait a couple of seconds before moving from now on and see how that works - cos I hate playing light tanks -. no patience to just sit and spot, see the enemy, shoot the enemy is my playstyle

jack_timber #17 Posted 12 March 2018 - 06:10 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 33432 battles

It's usually like Picadilly Circus in the rush hour on spawn, those on the left want to go right and vice versa. Those in the middle can't make their minds up.

I reckon traficators, indicator, winkers are the answer, mind you German tanks wouldn't use them, have you seen the drivers of Mercs and BMWs using them reckon they must be an optional extra.

The Brits of course would use them but spend 2 minutes letting everyone away first, after you old chap, no after you...

Italian tanks would have to be fitted with a horn, Russians would just barge right through regardless and the Swedes would still be in the sauna.

Steve8066 #18 Posted 12 March 2018 - 06:22 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12432 battles

View Postjack_timber, on 12 March 2018 - 06:10 PM, said:

It's usually like Picadilly Circus in the rush hour on spawn, those on the left want to go right and vice versa. Those in the middle can't make their minds up.

I reckon traficators, indicator, winkers are the answer, mind you German tanks wouldn't use them, have you seen the drivers of Mercs and BMWs using them reckon they must be an optional extra.

The Brits of course would use them but spend 2 minutes letting everyone away first, after you old chap, no after you...

Italian tanks would have to be fitted with a horn, Russians would just barge right through regardless and the Swedes would still be in the sauna.

and French would be straight into reverse.

Coldspell #19 Posted 12 March 2018 - 06:24 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 19394 battles

View Postjack_timber, on 12 March 2018 - 05:10 PM, said:

I dread seeing a brit redge, I think a lot of them read the signs in miles per hour when they are kilometres per hour.

Usually doing close to twice the speed limit with no idea which Lane they should be in.

Or maybe they are just terrified of the Irish and want to get back to civilization in a hurry. 

Spurtung #20 Posted 12 March 2018 - 06:28 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 63703 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostSirebellus, on 12 March 2018 - 06:42 PM, said:

I'm normally so bored in the last few seconds of the 30 second countdown that my finger is already firmly jamming down the W, A, S or D key (or some combination thereof)... I must say I had never really thought of this as much of an issue and moaned to myself about the LT's running into me...

I can see though that on certain maps (Lakeville being the most obvious one) that the LT needs to get to 'that bush' before the enemy can possibly spot him, so I will wait a couple of seconds before moving from now on and see how that works - cos I hate playing light tanks -. no patience to just sit and spot, see the enemy, shoot the enemy is my playstyle

Quick question, why do you think those 30 seconds exist?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users