• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

IfICouldfly #1 Posted 13 March 2018 - 03:44 PM

Private

• Player
  • 31011 battles
  • [P_BTD] P_BTD

Hi all,

I don't know if anyone else has the problem, but World of Tanks seems really tiresome for my eyes. 

I used to play other games, or simply just sit in front of the screen and surf quite a lot, but nothing makes my eyes so tired and painful

like a few hours of playing this game. 

So in trying to find a solution, I'm thinking of buying glasses that have anti reflective coating and that block harmful part of the blue light.

Gunnars or something similar probably. Has anyone tried such glasses? I surfed and searched for more info, but I've found that some say it's just a hoax and that they don't really work. Others of course say that they are well spent money.

SiliconSidewinder #2 Posted 13 March 2018 - 03:48 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 27456 battles

I would try working with the color settings of your monitor first.

lowering the intensity for example might help a long way.

Homer_J #3 Posted 13 March 2018 - 03:57 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28291 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I use a two pint / 1 litre tankard.  That way I have to get up less often for refills.

Nishi_Kinuyo #4 Posted 13 March 2018 - 05:54 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 7656 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

I'd say that changing the settings on your monitor is a good first step instead.

Not to mention that its a free one.

For example; brightness and contrast can be lowered, and maybe have a look about increasing framerate as well (probably with lower graphics settings and/or resolution). And going on a far stretch, maybe adjusting the colour temperature might help as well.

Also, gaming glasses, do those come with RGB leds lights like the mice and keyboards? :girl:

Edited by Nishi_Kinuyo, 13 March 2018 - 05:56 PM.

gunslingerXXX #5 Posted 13 March 2018 - 07:22 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10956 battles
And don't put your monitor in a dark place. I know it looks better in the dark, but a simple light next to the monitor can make a big difference.

IfICouldfly #6 Posted 13 March 2018 - 08:48 PM

Private

• Player
  • 31011 battles
  • [P_BTD] P_BTD

I made modifications to monitor settings ages ago.

Currently my backlight is at 45, contrast at 70, and brightness at 35.

I'm not much educated in terms of monitors and those kind of settings, so feel free to tell that those adjustments are wrong if they are :)

I never play in the dark, It's always in good light.

My graphic settings in-game are low, since my comp config is not especially strong. 

SuedKAT #7 Posted 14 March 2018 - 03:55 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I've never used glasses like that, but I've used f.lux in the past, it adjusts your screen to better suit the time of day. 

https://justgetflux.com/

We got it installed on all our workstations at work since we are operating 24 hours a day and 365 days a year, think it was something the union and some health and safety people demanded a while back (read several years).

Edited by SuedKAT, 14 March 2018 - 03:59 AM.

Nishi_Kinuyo #8 Posted 14 March 2018 - 12:36 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 7656 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostSuedKAT, on 14 March 2018 - 03:55 AM, said:

I've never used glasses like that, but I've used f.lux in the past, it adjusts your screen to better suit the time of day. 

https://justgetflux.com/

We got it installed on all our workstations at work since we are operating 24 hours a day and 365 days a year, think it was something the union and some health and safety people demanded a while back (read several years).

Hm... interesting... just wonder how applicable it is to my own monitor though, it being a CRT and such (specificaly, that blue light emission).

Also, most monitors should have multiple temperature presets built in into it; mine has 9300K (monitor max), 8200K, 7500K, 5000K (monitor min), and user-preset, although each can be adjusted individually in steps of 50K. (K stands for Kelvin, btw.)

Edited by Nishi_Kinuyo, 14 March 2018 - 12:39 PM.

SoupFork #9 Posted 15 March 2018 - 10:52 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5677 battles

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 13 March 2018 - 07:22 PM, said:

And don't put your monitor in a dark place. I know it looks better in the dark, but a simple light next to the monitor can make a big difference.

Not next to it, behind it. if it's next to it, there's another light source to stare at. What you want to do is reduce the contrast between the monitor screen and whatever is behind it.

I have places a few small LED lights (warm yellow) behind my screen that light up the wall behind the monitor. Just a bit. Not so much that you get distracted but enough to relief a lot of eye strain.

Cyclonite_ #10 Posted 15 March 2018 - 11:10 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 26450 battles
Yes definitely get gaming glasses. I am disabled with severely low energy and had been getting headaches for years from playing wot, even to the point of when I closed my eyes in bed I would get flashing lights all across my vision (not sharp migraine ones just low level). I switched to playing wows and the problems went away. When I returned to wot they immediately reappeared. So I researched computer glasses and gaming glasses (they are slightly different). I bought Cyxus clip-on lenses for my prescription glasses and never got another headache, even playig for 8 hours at a time, and the flashing lights in my vision disappeared too. I find it a little harder to focus on the screen and see details but well worth it. I'd recommend them for everybody using a computer, at work or home, watching a tv etc. The variety of glasses frames for people who don't wear clip-ons is huge and they look really cool.

SuedKAT #11 Posted 15 March 2018 - 05:20 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 14 March 2018 - 12:36 PM, said:

Hm... interesting... just wonder how applicable it is to my own monitor though, it being a CRT and such (specificaly, that blue light emission).

Also, most monitors should have multiple temperature presets built in into it; mine has 9300K (monitor max), 8200K, 7500K, 5000K (monitor min), and user-preset, although each can be adjusted individually in steps of 50K. (K stands for Kelvin, btw.)

Should work on a CRT as well, got a Compaq MV720 and some ViewSonic CRT that it works just fine on and I've tried it on multiple Dell CRT's in the past as well. Yeah I guess you get the same effect to some extent if you adjust the monitors presets as well, but I must admit I configure my monitor once and then leave it on my favorite settings, I find an application a lot more convenient to utilize for things like this, plus I can always alter the code a bit my self if I so desire :)

IfICouldfly #12 Posted 16 March 2018 - 09:04 AM

Private

• Player
  • 31011 battles
  • [P_BTD] P_BTD

Thank you guys for your answers :)

I have so much work last 2 days I haven't even installed flux even though I've downloaded it. I did lower my color temperature and that did help a bit.

I'll try with it and see how it goes. Maybe later try with those LED lights behind the monitor too, even if it doesn't work it still sounds like it just looks great :D 

And then those cyxus clip ons do't seem to expensive to try :) 

Jigabachi #13 Posted 16 March 2018 - 12:04 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17923 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I only get those problems when I hang behind the PC for too long. Sooo... maybe you should just get out more.

SuedKAT #14 Posted 16 March 2018 - 01:17 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostJigabachi, on 16 March 2018 - 12:04 PM, said:

I only get those problems when I hang behind the PC for too long. Sooo... maybe you should just get out more.

Last time I crushed my dad in some Empire Earth as well as C&C Generals it didn't take long for him to a.) complain that I was unfair and that he wanted to play something else b.) his eyes hurt, so it gets worse with age I think. I can spend 18 hours in front of the screen without any issues, my dad needs a rest after 1-2 hours.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users