• [T-D-U] T-D-U

Block Quote

We levelled the central field 

gg

Afdass #22 Posted 14 March 2018 - 10:45 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12991 battles

Still blows my mind some of the reasons behind this rework.

Artys couldn't shoot to the zone 1? If the heavies let the enemy push into TD line of fire is all good. 

No cover on zone 6? Really?

You forgot the tell the artys on zone 11 were never able to shot zone 4, while the enemy artys could just shat on everyone from A/B/C lines into zone 4. But this doesn't matter for the thing. This was probably the only issue with the map. 

BangAverage #23 Posted 15 March 2018 - 01:49 AM

Private

• Player
  • 937 battles

Another map flattened so the already biased russian tanks now don't need to bother about gun depression...Balanced again say the devs. Op armour, outrageous russian soft stats, over match mechanic's that favour russian guns, For example so many low tier tanks have 25mm side armour meaning western tanks cant pen with 75mm guns but the russian 76mm can and the 40mm many higher tier tanks have cant be overmatched by guns with a calibre of 120mm but those pesky russians can with 122m. Then there's the pro russian ready to go tanks like the 430 already equipped with top gun while tanks like the Centurion 7/1 have an extra 130k xp to grind with its 230 dpm gun before it even unlocks the top gun not to mention needing to grind tracks also where many many russians don't require that at all. Although there are half a doz more glaringly obvious russian bias's in the game the last one i'll mention is on paper they have poor view range but situational awareness can be given to the driver or loader where most other nations this is a commander skill. This means that on paper russians have poor vision but in reality with spread out skills the magic 445 is easily attainable by many russki tanks.

Apologies for the russian bias rant but it's glaringly obvious to all and now they flattened the maps the one true weakness of the russian lines, gun depression has pretty much been made irrelevant. So all in all balance has been restored "game working as intended".

ps, new maps do look good, but i'd have preferred old graphics with many new maps...at least give us lots of new map content in future, get that right at least.

View Postimendars, on 14 March 2018 - 08:42 PM, said:

Edit: Eh never mind

this quote sums up map changes completely :)

Edited by Jbnn, 16 March 2018 - 11:19 AM.

imendars #24 Posted 15 March 2018 - 07:44 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 12707 battles

View PostBangAverage, on 15 March 2018 - 03:57 AM, said:

this quote sums up map changes completely :)

I asked to certain someone why he is SO negative. But than i figured out that talking to a wall is more beneficial...

From what i see i really like the changes, compared to the old map.

I want to see how it works out. :)

Pjovejas #25 Posted 15 March 2018 - 08:26 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 17342 battles
  • [LTUSP] LTUSP

I'm not a good player, but still... 

Block Quote

We levelled the central field and added cover and vegetation around the edges for camouflage.

For me it sounds just like "we made anothe "Malinovka style dead space". As someone already pointed out. Why devs call this improvement?

Block Quote

Added easy entry to the central hill. Both teams can use this to tip the scales in their favor

On paper it looks like the right side have a way better and faster way to reach it. So it is in favor for one side.

Block Quote

Capturing the central hill is risky but the juice can be worth the squeeze.

In screenshot it looks like low flat hill with no cover. Where tank can be spoted from everywhere. So no use if scout goes up there. Can someone, who tested this in practise confirm that?

And russian bias not even mentioned here...

Duvelske #26 Posted 15 March 2018 - 08:29 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 17597 battles
  • [TE5LA] TE5LA

View Post_Kapi_, on 14 March 2018 - 05:19 PM, said:

What about camping teams on the 9/0 lines in clan battles, this is by far the worst map to attack in Clan Wars and Advance.

Its easy to fix, just change cap positions on these battle types

TheMetalBrosINC #27 Posted 15 March 2018 - 08:41 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 23901 battles
  • [PA_RS] PA_RS

what is the point of posting all of these on forums when wargaming never listen to anything we say in forums??? iam getting tired of seeing people complain on forums and wargaming ignore these issues... 

if you dont care then dont even make dedicated forums for your game please

Homer_J #28 Posted 15 March 2018 - 08:46 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 32768 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostTheMetalBrosINC, on 15 March 2018 - 07:41 AM, said:

what is the point of posting all of these on forums when wargaming never listen to anything we say in forums??? iam getting tired of seeing people complain on forums and wargaming ignore these issues... 

if you dont care then dont even make dedicated forums for your game please

I don't think you thought that one through.

There's no point suggesting things on the forum so I'll make a suggestion. :sceptic:

Edited by Homer_J, 15 March 2018 - 08:47 AM.

Steeltank141 #29 Posted 15 March 2018 - 09:22 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 18684 battles
  • [4STAR] 4STAR
The middle is just a dead trap. Questions why? Go to www.nocoversogetfeckedbyarty.com

TheMetalBrosINC #30 Posted 15 March 2018 - 09:49 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 23901 battles
  • [PA_RS] PA_RS

View PostHomer_J, on 15 March 2018 - 08:46 AM, said:

I don't think you thought that one through.

There's no point suggesting things on the forum so I'll make a suggestion. :sceptic:

well then commenting on these changes are pretty useless then because wargaming will do what ever it wants...even after all of these years i thought they listen .... turn out they dont. thanks for reminding me of the most important aspect of this company

Edited by TheMetalBrosINC, 15 March 2018 - 09:49 AM.

Aikl #31 Posted 15 March 2018 - 10:18 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 26948 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

They kept the peninsula. Woo flopping doo.

View Postkamikaze_90, on 14 March 2018 - 06:50 PM, said:

"Arty was playable on one side only, so we decided to make it unplayable on both sides"  :facepalm:
Seriously, why not just remove arties?

Not every map is supposed to cater to every vehicle type. That includes arties. Arty, being the epitome of no-risk/high-reward gameplay that punishes anything but camping, is probably useful on more maps than e.g. lights are. 

Hokum15 #32 Posted 15 March 2018 - 10:50 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 37071 battles
  • [HO_PO] HO_PO
"We levelled the central field and added cover and vegetation around the edges for camouflage. As a result, tanks fighting from a distance will be more effective and light tanks will be able to scout more efficiently."

But the image  looks like, 

Paketeman #33 Posted 15 March 2018 - 11:59 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 58496 battles
  • [NEURO] NEURO
As always, you end up making changes trying to fix problems that are caused by the stupidity of the players and not because of the map. As it happened when removing old maps to be unbalanced, when the only unbalanced is the intelligence of the players of this game , who only know how to go forward until they meet the enemy, but do not know how to take the battle to an advantageous position.

People cry a lot about the artillery, but what makes them so effective sometimes is the cowardly style of play, in which nobody wants to take a shot and they all stay in places where they can not shoot. Add to that people who do not let antitanks work properly. Light people who do not know how to use their range of vision and have to go 10 meters from the enemy, in order to prevent them from reaching because they know they are going to be spoted.And of course, the lights who can not resist the temptation of shoot when they are spoting.As already said, the problem is these players who do not enjoy a good game, and the only thing they conceive is to be the one that hurt the most, favoring this style of game in the that nobody risks anything for anyone other than himself

IncandescentGerbil #34 Posted 15 March 2018 - 12:21 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35775 battles

Still persisting with the "improvements" angle, eh? 

Nah, you are making things worse. Prettier, but worse. It would be nice to have a map where the whole playing area is usable. And to hell with TDs and arty.

Edited by IncandescentGerbil, 15 March 2018 - 12:22 PM.

Saykecske #35 Posted 15 March 2018 - 02:27 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 12818 battles
  • [THAF] THAF
Finally, some good update...

cobalt_killer #36 Posted 15 March 2018 - 02:47 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 6015 battles

What I don't understand is how you think its an improvement...

1) Arty - North team can shoot heavy brawling area, South team can't. Solution; attempt to make arty have less of an impact by blocking off access to north team, rather than opening it up to the southern teams arty.

2) Lack of hiding spots. Yes the field was quite hilly and heavily bushed making light tanks less workable. Solution; make a camp-fest area which halts progress - This area should be more like karelias swamp, small areas of hard cover and patchey bushes with a reward for "running the gauntlet" that you can spot enemy team in a peek-a-boo style effort to support your TD's.

3) "The new Hill" - with access from the southern side?? This should not only have some bush cover on top but also access from the north, with southern access rotated  to the east. Therefore lights can brawl/fight over the top (lighthouse anyone?) and to the victor go the spoils - a lovely high-spot with good view onto the enemy camping areas.

4)  Heavy Brawling  / Peninsula camp-off -  Why is the peninsula still there? this needs to be removed to stop TD's camping here, or at least make it more beneficial to the overall map rather than a point which is usefull near the end-game and pointless at the start. You could even manipulate the heavy brawl area / roads in & out so once the corner is won it is possible for tds to defend the base / attack heavies trying to progress while not making it a large open span for heavies to cross under fire.

___

In my opinion the map would be improved by taking out/reducing the mountain ridges;

1) Between 4 and 10 opening up the North East corner giving it better firing arcs into the 'field'

2) Near the southern base, remove the southern end of the mountain to the north, turning it into a TD area & remove the southern peninsula (or turn it more into an arty zone not td zone by blocking views onto exit of heavy brawl area.

3) Remove/reduce the mountain between 2 and north base. giving better approach to the Northern base from the heavy area / mid road.

_Dunc_ #37 Posted 15 March 2018 - 06:50 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38791 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

The real problem here isn't Fjords, or even Pilsen, Kharkov, Sacred Facehug, or Pacmangrad... it's the fact they're left in rotation for so long.

Basically, map lifecycles are thus;

New map enters game.

1) Total chaos ensues as nobody is totally sure where to be. This lasts a couple of months

2) Everything settles down into a meta which works

3) Some changes are mad according to heatmaps, tank balance changes, or random whim of someone at Minsk. Return to step 1.

4) Map is left for years in rotation

5) WG decides it needs changing because everyone's bored of it, and significantly borks it in the process.

6) Shortly after, map is removed for reasons never fully explained...

It's steps 4 and 5 which are the issue.

The really stupid thing is that they could simply tart up the old maps and put them back into random battle rotation just to shake things up a bit - honestly, North West wasn't liked at the point of removal, but the rubbish we've had since would make it seem a masterpiece of design...

Plus, the meta is now so different, chances are it would play differently enough so that even the old veterans would have to relearn it.,

vV_TIO_Vv #38 Posted 15 March 2018 - 07:42 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 18144 battles

Why don't you just remove all maps and just have respond of Paris and Malinovka.. you could get atleast 9 map 'variations' Paris snow desert summer, then have like a fiery version with building on fire in snow desert and summer themes... Then something similar with malinovka.... 12 maps completed...

I think I understand the flattening of maps. It is because the new games engine cannot cope with large differences in elivation and instead of fixing the engine. It's easier to flatten maps so all Russian tanks can fight on them.

mrtvimarijan #39 Posted 15 March 2018 - 08:18 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 39910 battles

I don't believe wg can make a single gameplay change that can benefit this game... and gameplay is far from perfect.

The only question is, are they doing these changes on purpose, or just being drunk&incompetent.

8126Jakobsson #40 Posted 15 March 2018 - 08:43 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 79665 battles
They listened to "My sweet prince" by Placebo (as you can tell by this announcement title), got super depressed and flattened the map in order to ease up on depression. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users