Level Design Improvements: My Sweet Fjords

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

sasa_milic #41 Posted 15 March 2018 - 11:36 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 64924 battles

View PostCommunity, on 14 March 2018 - 04:48 PM, said:

We showcase why and what we improved on this summertime map.
<a href="https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/wot-10-maps-fjords/">The full text of the news item</a>

Now "World of Bots" will looks much better, yeah, exactly, that was a problem with this stupid rigged game ...

Game is full with bots and 40% winrate players in tier 10 tanks !!!

Bordhaw #42 Posted 15 March 2018 - 11:47 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 15106 battles

Block Quote

Level Design Improvements: My Sweet Edited 

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to swearing. 

Edited by VMX, 16 March 2018 - 01:10 PM.

HELL0WORLD #43 Posted 16 March 2018 - 12:09 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10047 battles

First, I dislike maps and map designs which provide more help for campers to hide in the bush doing nothing but wait and shoot or spot, giving no chance to the enemy to defend against it. Easier is to avoid certain places completely. This leads the gameplay to places where camping is less effective. It just isnt worth to try to go places where you are instantly spotted and shot by group of camping TDs. New Fjords seems to help this sort of gameplay to come into reality.

Flat area in the middle and bushes around it, really, who would ever go there ?

Edited by HELL0WORLD, 16 March 2018 - 12:28 PM.

ding_donk #44 Posted 16 March 2018 - 02:07 PM

Private

• Player
  • 47294 battles
Indeed, removing the terrain irregularity and adding an open no-go zone in the middle is super silly, and certainly nothing close enough to call it "an improvement". They already suggested this approach for other maps with the same negative feedback of the community and now we are seeing the same idea being suggested again. 

Kandly #45 Posted 16 March 2018 - 02:10 PM

Player

• Player
  • 1020 battles

Hi guys,

I'm sorry to see that some of you are unhappy with the reworked Fjords. Your concerns have been noted - and rest assured that we will monitor your feedback and pay very close attention to how the map will perform on the live server. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and suggestions!

Igor_BL #46 Posted 16 March 2018 - 03:17 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42337 battles

I hope that you are aware that maps are core of the problems we have in everyday randoms.

We need bigger, more balanced maps. And more maps in rotation. More really good maps.

Not Pilsen, Paris or maps like those.

TwistedDrake #47 Posted 16 March 2018 - 03:30 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 1868 battles

View PostKandly, on 16 March 2018 - 02:10 PM, said:

Hi guys,

I'm sorry to see that some of you are unhappy with the reworked Fjords. Your concerns have been noted - and rest assured that we will monitor your feedback and pay very close attention to how the map will perform on the live server. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and suggestions!

I would love to see a map with death topographic at one point, since I am sure you have that knocking around for all maps. 

SlyMeerkat #48 Posted 16 March 2018 - 10:52 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18606 battles
  • [-RLD-] -RLD-

View PostKandly, on 16 March 2018 - 01:10 PM, said:

Hi guys,

I dont know why you bother because no matter what you do, there will always be whiners, even if there is nothing wrong and you made it perfect :)

TheMetalBrosINC #49 Posted 17 March 2018 - 07:31 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 23910 battles
  • [PA_RS] PA_RS

View PostKandly, on 16 March 2018 - 02:10 PM, said:

Hi guys,

it has been a concern from many players... as well some of your Community contributors on youtube mentioned it more than once .... what you said here is not smart approach because it only cost you more time and resources .... editing things after they turn out to be a failure isnt the way to do it...

View PostSlyMeerkat, on 16 March 2018 - 10:52 PM, said:

I dont know why you bother because no matter what you do, there will always be whiners, even if there is nothing wrong and you made it perfect :)

how interesting that you can assume we are idiots and only whiners but not simply looking at comments and realise what we said, keep on your "righteous"  follow on WoT works

Somnorila #50 Posted 17 March 2018 - 07:52 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 57840 battles

View PostCobra6, on 14 March 2018 - 05:27 PM, said:

So you basically made the whole middle of the map one big open NO GO zone and called it an improvement? I really don't know what kind of bizarro universe you are occupying but big open fields are generally just a waste of map space, certainly if they are in the middle of it as you can not go there at all with any tank unless you want to go back to the garage swiftly.

Just look at Steppes or Campinovka, that field is completely unusable for the majority of the battle and only in the last stages can fast tanks use it to cross the map, this is bad as it's wasted space that could be occopied better with either buildings, bushes or terrain cover but NOT be made into corridors.

Also you've flattened out the map significantly which is bad for general gameplay, it means that everything can go hull-down everywhere which is bad. Gun depression is a balancing factor in tanks and if an Is-3 can go hull down everywhere you're just creating more drawn out boring slugging fests.

Cobra 6

Maybe maybe not. I would wait to try at least a few battles on it with different classes until reaching a conclusion. My feeling, same as your example with Malinovka, is that an open field is good for spotting and sniping. But remains to be seen if it works as spotters need to live more than 2 minutes and snipers need to find targets to shoot and not behind hills or rocks or any other cover. 

Either way i'm glad that they are looking to more aspects than just close combat. I enjoy the most battles at mid to long ranges. Brawls are nice too but sporadically between small number of tanks and not to represent the bulk of the battle.

SlyMeerkat #51 Posted 17 March 2018 - 10:11 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18606 battles
  • [-RLD-] -RLD-

View PostTheMetalBrosINC, on 17 March 2018 - 06:34 AM, said:

how interesting that you can assume we are idiots and only whiners but not simply looking at comments and realise what we said, keep on your "righteous"  follow on WoT works

Didnt say anyone was an idiot and yes i do read comments but it just seems that most of the time, no matter what is it done, there is always some sort of complaint..... I can understand some of them but most are just minor and this isnt all related to this post either, its what i have seen in previous threads as well

HELL0WORLD #52 Posted 17 March 2018 - 10:38 AM

Private

• Player
  • 10047 battles

Also there is few other issues, here is one, maps like Abbey, isnt very interesting, I play heavies and there is basically only 2 ways to travel from north to south leading to a huge collision in the middle, Mostly right side is crowded with bush hiding TDs or sniping UDES which makes the travel there useless, so then there is only one way to go. How boring. Map itself fits better to low tier games where you advance quickly to higher tiers and away from these small maps to "bigger" ones.

The pattern is obvious, bigger tier, bigger maps, this makes game more interesting and achieve more variations in gameplay not just quickly ending to group chaos deleting dozen of tanks immediately.

Why the games must end mostly in 5 minutes and why tanks always have to meet at the same spot in every game?

The map design is free, you can do what ever you desire, then why you stuff 30 tanks in a tiny little place with 2 spots where tanks meet and fight ?

8126Jakobsson #53 Posted 17 March 2018 - 10:56 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 79861 battles

View PostHELL0WORLD, on 17 March 2018 - 10:38 AM, said:

Also there is few other issues, here is one, maps like Abbey, isnt very interesting, I play heavies and there is basically only 2 ways to travel from north to south leading to a huge collision in the middle, Mostly right side is crowded with bush hiding TDs or sniping UDES which makes the travel there useless, so then there is only one way to go. How boring. Map itself fits better to low tier games where you advance quickly to higher tiers and away from these small maps to "bigger" ones.

The pattern is obvious, bigger tier, bigger maps, this makes game more interesting and achieve more variations in gameplay not just quickly ending to group chaos deleting dozen of tanks immediately.

Why the games must end mostly in 5 minutes and why tanks always have to meet at the same spot in every game?

The map design is free, you can do what ever you desire, then why you stuff 30 tanks in a tiny little place with 2 spots where tanks meet and fight ?

​This quote about Kharkov changes should explain some of your wonderings: "further simplified to decrease the number of possible flanking routes and make it a bit easier to read"

amcuculmare #54 Posted 17 March 2018 - 11:37 AM

Private

• Player
  • 17805 battles
  • [BLAUR] BLAUR

Improvements? You call those changes improvements?? Really? The map is dumbed down af and even more corridorish than before.

You removed all climbs used by lights and meds and you put roads in place of  them. Effing roads!! So every drooling cash cow can see where he can go and where not.

Your position in the middle of the map that you say it controls the map, is in fact a good place to go if you want to suicide, because you have no covers at all.

Now arty and TD.s are even more useless than before on this map.

Stop dumbing down the game ffs.

mrtvimarijan #55 Posted 19 March 2018 - 03:48 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 39910 battles

View PostKandly, on 16 March 2018 - 01:10 PM, said:

Hi guys,

After years of neglect, and really borderline imbecile decisions regarding gameplay....

Igor_BL #56 Posted 21 March 2018 - 05:02 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42337 battles

I played Prokhorovka, Erlenber, Overlord. Abbey and Fjords for now.

First 4 are ok, look much better.
I played Erlenberg defence, and it was weird, but really nice map. Not sure how will it be from the other side.

(i also loved old Erlenberg, but new one looks really good)

but Fjords... Whole mid is open field? plain stupid change, in my opinion.

For now, i like all the changes, on almost all maps. Prokho bushes looks really nice, and there are lot more of those...

but Fjords changes are just stupid. also, not a fan you removed escape "doors" on abbey for scouts, but ok...

Kissa_ei_kuulu_pakkaseen #57 Posted 27 March 2018 - 06:48 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 8908 battles
  • [RSOP] RSOP

Gj turning this map into [edited]camp fest again...

Mav75 #58 Posted 28 March 2018 - 08:20 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35013 battles

The changes to Fjords and Erlenberg have been negative.

I reserve the option to add to these negative changes.

trispect #59 Posted 28 March 2018 - 08:50 AM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 33305 battles
So, now only options to play this map is going north or going south and the middle is now just a no-go killzone. How is this improving the map?

8126Jakobsson #60 Posted 30 March 2018 - 02:22 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 79861 battles

Let's go over the map tactic with sensei daki 

https://clips.twitch...unnyDancingBaby

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users