Is the grind worth it?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

NoobySkooby #1 Posted 15 March 2018 - 12:40 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6839 battles

Recently I have done the grind for two tanks in particular, and to me they are both not very good, first one was the Churchill BP, which after one or two games in it i thoroughly leave it alone, the second one was the IS3, again only had the chance to play one game in it and was not impressed, hopefully it will grow on me.

As a buyer of premiums for the free XP, I now find myself wondering what to grind for next, as i take note of a lot of what people say on various forums and what they say in game. twice now I have missed out on the Comet, which most say is a crap tank, as for grinding for any higher tier than a 8, I have given up completely, as the nearest I am to a tier nine would be grinding the O HO, ready for that final dream of a tier nine tank, tier ten may as well be situated on the dark side of the moon for I am never going to see it.

Do I need a break from the game as I have seemingly totally lost my way with regards what to grind for, anyone else ever had this feeling?

MrClark56 #2 Posted 15 March 2018 - 12:54 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 5693 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

the IS3 grind is worth it if you like heavy tanks. stock it is not good, i have 13 % WR in mine, but then you will see it will get better.

Grinding tanks from Tier 9 takes more time and a lot of effort as T9-T10 gameplay is ruthless, you meet very good players with thousands of battles under ther belts that eat you alive if you are not careful.

but maybe you should keep to low tier 5-6 to learn more about the games and how to deal more damage. at higher tiers with your current capabilities you will be eaten alive..

failing_koala #3 Posted 15 March 2018 - 12:59 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 25125 battles
IS-3 is worth the grind BL-9 does the trick.

Dava_117 #4 Posted 15 March 2018 - 01:08 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17567 battles
  • [B-BAS] B-BAS

The BL-9 is one of the worst gun I played. Fully aimed it miss a lot or tend to hit exactly where it can't pen. Snapshotting is the same, but at least you can expect it.

Really KV-2 derp feel more accurate!

Solstad1069 #5 Posted 15 March 2018 - 01:09 PM

Major

• Player
  • 38841 battles

Your goal should be to grind your way to several tier 5 and 6 tanks. Both different tank types and from different nations.

Build the crew and get experience. Then you decide what tanks are worth grinding further up. 

Low to mid tier grinding is quick, but high tier grinding is much harder.

There is no point moving up the tiers if you cant do damage in the mid tiers. 

Edited by Solstad1069, 15 March 2018 - 01:11 PM.

Geno1isme #6 Posted 15 March 2018 - 01:09 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 40053 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

Don't take this wrong, but first you should really learn how to play the game.

While I generelly say that "hitrate" is the most useless value in the game, your 18% in that stat are beyond horribly bad. Do you maybe play with a touchpad or some other weird controller setup?

Just buying all premium tanks in the game won't teach you how to play it ...

Edited by Geno1isme, 15 March 2018 - 01:10 PM.

Szatanshow #7 Posted 15 March 2018 - 01:11 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 23169 battles
The last time i tried to grind Wg have change the tier X to something i dont want so i stop bothering with grind

Ragnaguard #8 Posted 15 March 2018 - 01:13 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 52298 battles
  • [MOUFA] MOUFA

One of the best aspects that you get while grinding, is the fact that you get to slowly learn the game.

So my advice would be: put aside (not sell) but put aside ALL your premiums that are above t 5.

And start playing.... yes try different tanks, try them out (NEVER judge them while stock)... find the ones u like, the ones that fit ur playstyle.... then seek for similar ones once u get the hang of it go up a tier....

Do not spend more money until u start to like the game!

And join a clan! u will find clans that u do not like, and clans that u like (and by clans i mean the people in it). The clan's most experienced players ussually  will share tips and their experience while playing so will grow more fond of what the heck is going on! ;-) 

Have fun m8! 

NoobySkooby #9 Posted 15 March 2018 - 04:43 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6839 battles

View PostGeno1isme, on 15 March 2018 - 01:09 PM, said:

Don't take this wrong, but first you should really learn how to play the game.

While I generelly say that "hitrate" is the most useless value in the game, your 18% in that stat are beyond horribly bad. Do you maybe play with a touchpad or some other weird controller setup?

Just buying all premium tanks in the game won't teach you how to play it ...

The premium buy is usually for the free XP which i love to see rack up,  although I do admit I have gone way, way overboard, so much so that I should be keel hauled:trollface:

Maybe I ought to have shares in WG, lol

As for  Clans i have just left one as I sort of fell out with th e leader which is never a good thing, although I did learn plenty and there are some real nice folk out there, not sure yet if I am ready to join another.

Cannes76 #10 Posted 15 March 2018 - 06:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 62440 battles
  • [3V] 3V
IS-3 is an excellent tank. If you're having a hard time in it, then you are probably not ready for anything resembling high tier gameplay.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users