Jump to content


WG, retire ENSK


  • Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

HassenderZerhacker #1 Posted 15 March 2018 - 04:47 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 23545 battles
  • 1,960
  • [1DPG] 1DPG
  • Member since:
    09-09-2015
ENSK is one of (the?) shittiest map around, retire it or limit it to tier 4.

Edited by HassenderZerhacker, 15 March 2018 - 04:48 PM.


ApocalypseSquad #2 Posted 15 March 2018 - 04:51 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 26142 battles
  • 1,981
  • Member since:
    07-31-2011
But...but... it's one of the most popular maps in WOT. - or so says the wiki....

unhappy_bunny #3 Posted 15 March 2018 - 04:51 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 17409 battles
  • 2,142
  • [-OC-] -OC-
  • Member since:
    08-01-2012

Could you explain why you think this? 

 

 


Edited by unhappy_bunny, 15 March 2018 - 04:53 PM.


Steve8066 #4 Posted 15 March 2018 - 04:53 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 9616 battles
  • 549
  • Member since:
    10-06-2015

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 15 March 2018 - 04:47 PM, said:

ENSK is one of (the?) shittiest map around, retire it or limit it to tier 4.

 

disagree, but if you were saying get rid of Encounter on Mines as its unbalanced as hell, id agree.

Jam_in_a_Tank #5 Posted 15 March 2018 - 05:04 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 14885 battles
  • 266
  • Member since:
    12-04-2015

+1

 

being saying that for the last 2 years in forum, 100 meter map,3 minutes battles in tier X is just sad



Balc0ra #6 Posted 15 March 2018 - 05:04 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 62814 battles
  • 14,430
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

Ensk is far from the worst map. It's just not a good high tier map either. But in general it's solid enough. Sure you can say it's great for slow super heavies or TD's that can get to the front faster. But issue I have with it on the 2 line on a tier 8-10 game vs a tier 5 game is tank size. One team will stay clear of the 1 and 3 lane road always, and not flank it. And will focus their E100's, Type 5's and T95's etc on the two narrow bottle neck corridors on F2 for trading. Making use of 2 guns at the time out of the 10 that are there, as no one can even aim over them.

 

The second the other team pushes around, they usually lose as they get boxed in, and still only use some of the guns vs all 10. That's why that map is super silly on high tiers IMO. On mines the map size and tank speeds on high tiers is the issue. Ensk worked on tier 2 and 3 even back in the day, so IDK why they removed it there. That and mines are still good low to mid tier maps, and that's where they should stay. Tier 6 should be the highest IMO on those two.


Edited by Balc0ra, 15 March 2018 - 05:05 PM.


HassenderZerhacker #7 Posted 15 March 2018 - 05:14 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 23545 battles
  • 1,960
  • [1DPG] 1DPG
  • Member since:
    09-09-2015

View PostJam_in_a_Tank, on 15 March 2018 - 05:04 PM, said:

+1

 

being saying that for the last 2 years in forum, 100 meter map,3 minutes battles in tier X is just sad

 

needs repeating until they do something.

 



SuedKAT #8 Posted 15 March 2018 - 05:27 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 12154 battles
  • 6,152
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-21-2014
It's one of those maps that have great opportunities for one type of tank and sucks for everything else, can't say I hate it but it's on the same level as Abbey and Hidden Village. I second Balc0ra, lowering it to tier 6 max would solve most of the issues this map have.

Afdass #9 Posted 15 March 2018 - 06:31 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 12328 battles
  • 627
  • Member since:
    07-26-2016
Increase the map size to 1000m and maybe it would be better map to play. Most of the tank can spot the whole map from their base the way it is now lel.

Aikl #10 Posted 15 March 2018 - 06:56 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 25141 battles
  • 4,036
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011

View PostApocalypseSquad, on 15 March 2018 - 03:51 PM, said:

But...but... it's one of the most popular maps in WOT. - or so says the wiki....

 

I trust that Wiki less than a used car dealer with a cheap suit. It says a lot of nonsense, like that the CDC is a good tank. Well, not anymore.



Cannes76 #11 Posted 15 March 2018 - 06:57 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 62497 battles
  • 1,478
  • [3V] 3V
  • Member since:
    04-16-2011
Mines should be the first map to go.

suvicze #12 Posted 15 March 2018 - 07:06 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 19297 battles
  • 641
  • [CS-TB] CS-TB
  • Member since:
    08-07-2010

View PostCannes76, on 15 March 2018 - 06:57 PM, said:

Mines should be the first map to go.

 

Nah not really. both maps have pretty much the same problem that they are way too small for high tier battles. I admit that mines is worse off because it is also extremely unbalanced in encounter mod. One side has both clear advantage in cap which they can just rush at the start and pretty much win because enemy cant reset without sacrificing most of their heath and also have the advantage of being faster in hill race because enemy meds and lights have to go through water which slows them considerably.

Dava_117 #13 Posted 15 March 2018 - 07:41 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 17598 battles
  • 2,193
  • [B-BAS] B-BAS
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014
I like Ensk. Sure on high tier is too small, but as it has been said, limit it to tier 6-7 at most and you solve all the problems. :)

Edited by Dava_117, 15 March 2018 - 07:42 PM.


Aine #14 Posted 15 March 2018 - 08:42 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 18069 battles
  • 498
  • [MCARD] MCARD
  • Member since:
    08-22-2010
Get rid of Paris and bring back original Dragon Ridge!

WindSplitter1 #15 Posted 16 March 2018 - 12:26 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 14302 battles
  • 1,723
  • [RYNO] RYNO
  • Member since:
    02-07-2016
Remove Ensk.

TheComfyChair #16 Posted 16 March 2018 - 12:36 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 6106 battles
  • 515
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    03-20-2017
Ensk is the equivalent of a quickie round the back of a pub....enjoyable,but not something you want to repeat. Apologies for my crude analogy but I am not a fan of Ensk. :hiding:

Steve8066 #17 Posted 16 March 2018 - 12:41 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 9616 battles
  • 549
  • Member since:
    10-06-2015

View PostCannes76, on 15 March 2018 - 06:57 PM, said:

Mines should be the first map to go.

 

you dont need to remove Mines, just stop encounter on it until its balanced fairly, and have it Tier 7 max

discontinued #18 Posted 16 March 2018 - 12:53 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 5434 battles
  • 638
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-22-2017
I kinda like all the maps even Paris.Well maybe not Paris, as I hardly play heavies.

Why don't we get the tier 1 map at higher tiers I imagine tier 10 games iwould last 30 seconds in a slow match.

Edited by discontinued, 16 March 2018 - 12:56 AM.


mantazzo #19 Posted 16 March 2018 - 01:10 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 6177 battles
  • 136
  • [LTUKP] LTUKP
  • Member since:
    05-23-2011

I think it needs a "Widepark" treatment - limit to tier 6. Anything above tier 6 is... Too much, I think.

 

Mines in Encounter need some rework too - standard isn't that bad in high tiers...



_Anarchistic_ #20 Posted 16 March 2018 - 01:11 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 34798 battles
  • 1,027
  • [SKIL3] SKIL3
  • Member since:
    01-07-2015

View PostBalc0ra, on 15 March 2018 - 05:04 PM, said:

Ensk is far from the worst map. It's just not a good high tier map either. But in general it's solid enough. Sure you can say it's great for slow super heavies or TD's that can get to the front faster. But issue I have with it on the 2 line on a tier 8-10 game vs a tier 5 game is tank size. One team will stay clear of the 1 and 3 lane road always, and not flank it. And will focus their E100's, Type 5's and T95's etc on the two narrow bottle neck corridors on F2 for trading. Making use of 2 guns at the time out of the 10 that are there, as no one can even aim over them.

 

The second the other team pushes around, they usually lose as they get boxed in, and still only use some of the guns vs all 10. That's why that map is super silly on high tiers IMO. On mines the map size and tank speeds on high tiers is the issue. Ensk worked on tier 2 and 3 even back in the day, so IDK why they removed it there. That and mines are still good low to mid tier maps, and that's where they should stay. Tier 6 should be the highest IMO on those two.

 

​only real imbalance I can see is north spawn can storm south thru the field and cap behind buildings in south cap circle, far too many field rush cap wins for my taste




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users