Teamkilling Trolling

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

MaxiWooWoo #1 Posted 15 March 2018 - 09:04 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1341 battles
  • [-7AB-] -7AB-

I'm going to keep this one short, this game is really good at time, but why allow friendly fire? I see no need to add it in because you get trolls taht go around teamkilling and nothing happens to them! I was in a game earlier in my FV4202 and there was this teir X T57 who shot me and killed me.

The reason for this is because he pushed me out in the open to get shot, so I then got shot by an E 100 taking 833 damage of me. I then proceded to push him out in the open, he killed the E 100 and then killed me. I then got extremly angry at this, slamming my desk and other things like screaming in a round-about way. I think team members should simply bounce the shot instead.

I am aware people will say, "Why did you push him out" but that is not about this topic. I realise taht people may say that it's not realistic, but don't get me started on realism as this game is in no way realtistic.

Please help this topic get higher so the issue will be addressed as this is not the first time this has happend.

(apologies for any speling mistakes)

Balc0ra #2 Posted 15 March 2018 - 09:06 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64344 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

And that fixes your team mates, or you from pushing a friendly tank into the enemy line of fire how? As if it was disabled. You would still get him killed, screwing your team equally much as him shooting you. So what's your point?

Edited by Balc0ra, 15 March 2018 - 09:07 PM.

wremise #3 Posted 15 March 2018 - 09:07 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 47564 battles
  • [P4NTA] P4NTA
that moment then you disable friendly fire, is that moment then trolles will block you all the time.

TungstenHitman #4 Posted 15 March 2018 - 09:10 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 20670 battles
No, as mentioned before, no team damage will result in unfair battles where groups of brawling tanks will have to suffer up to 6 SPG carpet bombing them non stop without consequence, this is not good for the game. Also, removing the consideration one must take when shooting at a target engaged in combat with a teammate, which can have winning and losing consequences as the battle plays on, would only serve to make the game very dull and a full shirt drooler mode. Basically you can just plow into your teammates, autoaim all the time and drive across your teammates line of fire without consequence or even giving doing such a thing any logical consideration and visa versa.

slitth #5 Posted 15 March 2018 - 09:10 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11931 battles

View Postwremise, on 15 March 2018 - 08:07 PM, said:

that moment then you disable friendly fire, is that moment then trolles will block you all the time.

They already do that now to provoke friendly fire.

Sadly the best way for them to troll it to provoke a ban, do to players losing there temper/cool.

MaxiWooWoo #6 Posted 15 March 2018 - 09:12 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1341 battles
  • [-7AB-] -7AB-

View PostTungstenHitman, on 15 March 2018 - 09:10 PM, said:

No, as mentioned before, no team damage will result in unfair battles where groups of brawling tanks will have to suffer up to 6 SPG carpet bombing them non stop without consequence, this is not good for the game. Also, removing the consideration one must take when shooting at a target engaged in combat with a teammate, which can have winning and losing consequences as the battle plays on, would only serve to make the game very dull and a full shirt drooler mode. Basically you can just plow into your teammates, autoaim all the time and drive across your teammates line of fire without consequence or even giving doing such a thing any logical consideration and visa versa.

I agree with your point, however, could there not be another way WG could deal with this, i just feel that doing damage to your teammate is just to much.

Edited by MaxiWooWoo, 15 March 2018 - 09:13 PM.

MaxiWooWoo #7 Posted 15 March 2018 - 09:15 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1341 battles
  • [-7AB-] -7AB-

View PostBalc0ra, on 15 March 2018 - 09:06 PM, said:

And that fixes your team mates, or you from pushing a friendly tank into the enemy line of fire how? As if it was disabled. You would still get him killed, screwing your team equally much as him shooting you. So what's your point?

I agree that i shouldn't have pushed him out, however, my point is about taking teamkilling away from the game and i'm not sure what you mean when you say, "You would still get him killed, screwing your team equally much as him shooting you. So what's your point?"

MaxiWooWoo #8 Posted 15 March 2018 - 09:17 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1341 battles
  • [-7AB-] -7AB-

View Postwremise, on 15 March 2018 - 09:07 PM, said:

Well, if this happens, it can't be hard for wargaming to come up with an idea, like having an Overwatch system where you re-watch games that have (amount) reports on them, or half the damage done to teammates.

Edited by MaxiWooWoo, 15 March 2018 - 09:17 PM.

Balc0ra #9 Posted 15 March 2018 - 09:17 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64344 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostMaxiWooWoo, on 15 March 2018 - 09:12 PM, said:

I agree with your point, however, could there not be another way WG could deal with this, i just feel that doing at least full damage is just to much.

Thing is that turning team damage off, or limiting it more won't prevent trolls, or you as shown above from pushing or blocking friendly tanks from enemy fire. As that was the issue here. Not his gun.

Next time save your desk and go the other way when trolls push you in the open. You going back to return the favor is not helping either tbh. And if team damage was off, he would have slammed his desk when you got him killed. So again... I fail to see your point in this situation.

Then again, even if it was on a less forgiving system. He would still fire that one shot that got you killed. As you took most of the damage from the enemy tank, not him.

MaxiWooWoo #10 Posted 15 March 2018 - 09:22 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1341 battles
  • [-7AB-] -7AB-

View PostBalc0ra, on 15 March 2018 - 09:17 PM, said:

Thing is that turning team damage off, or limiting it more won't prevent trolls, or you as shown above from pushing or blocking friendly tanks from enemy fire. As that was the issue here. Not his gun.

Next time save your desk and go the other way when trolls push you in the open. You going back to return the favor is not helping either tbh. And if team damage was off, he would have slammed his desk when you got him killed. So again... I fail to see your point in this situation.

Then again, even if it was on a less forgiving system. He would still fire that one shot that got you killed. As you took most of the damage from the enemy tank, not him.

I have to say that I agree with you fully, for the most part, I mean what i did was wrong and I understand and I know that ramming tanks can't really be stopped. I just think that a better system could be put in place, as usually in my games, i die more often by teamkilling over people ramming me, and sometimes the ramming isn't on purpose. I'm not to sure really what i'm trying to say, but I know that one thing, and that is in my opinion this should change.

slitth #11 Posted 15 March 2018 - 09:23 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11931 battles

I do not think that removing or keeping team damage will solve any problems.

There is need for a stable and effective reporting system that reviews players conduct and not just damage or any other stats.

That they only way to get rid of trolls and such behaviour.

The only problem is such a system has yet to be invented

TungstenHitman #12 Posted 15 March 2018 - 09:35 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 20670 battles

View PostMaxiWooWoo, on 15 March 2018 - 08:12 PM, said:

I agree with your point, however, could there not be another way WG could deal with this, i just feel that doing damage to your teammate is just to much.

Look I would agree with many points most players would make about team damage, it's not ideal and a flawed system but I don't think there's an easy answer to improve it and to be fair to WG, it's probably as fair a system as it can be given such almost infinite variables of how FF is delivered, sometimes it purely accidental, sometimes careless, sometimes its the 50/50 shot and goes the wrong way, sometimes its a careless teammate that drives onto the shot, sometimes its a potato PC and/or network issues and of course sometimes its purposeful type of FF for whatever reason be it salty or trolling so to be fair there's really no system that could decipher and identify what exactly the reasons were. I mean, I got team killed on 94.7% of a third MoE, and that was pretty "omg!! why!?" but he took the 50/50 shot and caught me instead lol... I still wouldn't want a game with no FF, would be really lame and boring. I think such moments make the game really interesting and you have to weigh up the risk and worth in doing so. 

The reality is that getting trolled in this game is not that common tbh.  Yes it happens and will continue to happen and yes we will all get salty on the back of several rough results of insta-melt teams of special ppl but again, this isn't that common, or else we would all be blue or banned all the time lol, and I just don't see it too often. :)

Balc0ra #13 Posted 15 March 2018 - 09:38 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64344 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostMaxiWooWoo, on 15 March 2018 - 09:22 PM, said:

I have to say that I agree with you fully, for the most part, I mean what i did was wrong and I understand and I know that ramming tanks can't really be stopped. I just think that a better system could be put in place, as usually in my games, i die more often by teamkilling over people ramming me, and sometimes the ramming isn't on purpose. I'm not to sure really what i'm trying to say, but I know that one thing, and that is in my opinion this should change.

If you play WOT console for a bit, you would see how creative trolls are there to get their team mates killed, as they don't have team damage. But still there are ways to block and push etc friendlies into the line of fire. And drowning is still a thing if you are pushed.

I do feel team damage should still be here in this game for a few different reasons based on how it is on console. They have creative ways of getting missions done with that system. Tho they have 5 man platoons vs 3 as we have. Once I saw 4 super heavies bully and block the last enemy tank in... and he could do nothing. All so that their 5th platoon member in arty could farm him for his mission. 

IMO the team damage system still needs some minor tweaks based on alpha and tier. As on tier 4, a Matilda can do 150 damage before it turns blue. A Hetzer can do over 1K. But we still need it somewhat. But even so, in your situation, it would not change much. As since you did feed the troll. You would still have a pushing match until one of you died.

Next time just leave him alone, so he has to face that E100 alone when he reloads, vs focusing on you. Simple as that.

slitth #14 Posted 15 March 2018 - 09:46 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11931 battles

To keep the game insteing most team damage should stay.

But crushing-, fire- and low speed ramming team damage could be removed.

This would remove bans caused by helping players that flipped on their side and unlucky shots that light an ally on fire.

TungstenHitman #15 Posted 15 March 2018 - 10:04 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 20670 battles

View Postslitth, on 15 March 2018 - 08:46 PM, said:

But crushing-, and low speed ramming team damage could be removed.

These two, totally agree and for the better. I must I get annoyed when I lose 40-60 hp at the very start of a battle just by gently nudging an 0-l expert or something which is often unavoidable with the troll tank spawn distribution. I have often won an epic battle on just 10 hp so when I lose several times that before I even see an enemy tank.. if I go on to get destroyed at some part in that battle I can't help but wonder. I mean, we've all seen it, when you shoot an enemy tank or get shot and luckily survive with just 1% hp left... that little FF nudge is that 1% hp gone, and a  needless loss. Damage tracks from the crash too... can just cost you later on, maybe you might not have been tracked when you got shot had it not been for that track damage picked up at the start of battle.

Captain_Kremen0 #16 Posted 15 March 2018 - 10:08 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36801 battles
IMO team damage is one of the things that keeps the console wankers away

HeidenSieker #17 Posted 15 March 2018 - 10:11 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles

View PostMaxiWooWoo, on 15 March 2018 - 09:04 PM, said:

I'm going to keep this one short, this game is really good at time, but why allow friendly fire? I see no need to add it in because you get trolls taht go around teamkilling and nothing happens to them! I was in a game earlier in my FV4202 and there was this teir X T57 who shot me and killed me.

The reason for this is because he pushed me out in the open to get shot, so I then got shot by an E 100 taking 833 damage of me. I then proceded to push him out in the open, he killed the E 100 and then killed me. I then got extremly angry at this, slamming my desk and other things like screaming in a round-about way. I think team members should simply bounce the shot instead.

You just have to report him and leave it at that. You might find your team members report him, too. In some circumstances, enemy team members report people on your team who abuse by "pushing". I saw someone on the enemy team pushing another enemy, so I used the report mechanism then (last night!)! I also posted the replay to a well-known replay repository, but I'm afraid I can't send you the link as that's "naming & shaming"....

Consett_Steel #18 Posted 15 March 2018 - 10:38 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17312 battles

View PostMaxiWooWoo, on 15 March 2018 - 08:12 PM, said:

Have you never been fighting an enemy and positioned yourself so that his team mates have a hard time supporting him, because they risk TKing their ally? Doesn't happen too often perhaps but I think removing team damage dumbs down the game too much. 

Pvt_Duffer #19 Posted 15 March 2018 - 10:42 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 16653 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostMaxiWooWoo, on 15 March 2018 - 08:04 PM, said:

I'm going to keep this one short, 

This is short.

Don't shoot green tanks.

Now it's too long.

Enforcer1975 #20 Posted 15 March 2018 - 11:03 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20515 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Well assuming the guy who trolled you was using xvm and saw your stats he thought you might be more useful as cover....not that i agree with them doing that but maybe that's something to think about. 

Also tagged with Teamkilling, Trolling

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users