know its repost but still

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

WindSplitter1 #1 Posted 16 March 2018 - 11:34 PM

Major

• Player
  • 16025 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

I've been wanting this vehicle for a very long time but wasn't sure because of the poor pen and worse-than-arty precision.

In one hand there's that. In the other, it falls on the category of "proper tank". Tried it on test server. Had no probs with it.

And it since CN Light line opens up for the Mediums, it could be a good trainer for the pseudo Type 69

Is it really that thrash?

Don't care about the Hype 59 or the hype about it being taken off. But I'd like a final consult before thrashing or getting it.

SovietBias #2 Posted 17 March 2018 - 12:42 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37407 battles

I really like it. The 1812 battles betray me. I would not say it is trash, except maybe if you are grinding a new crew, but that is valid for most tanks.

Pen is dated at 175mm - no question about that - but in return you get decent mobility and, despite long aim time, decent dispersion, enough to make it good at taking snapshots. Turret armor and recent gun depression buff make your life easier when you need to expose and ensure you can fight the relevant positions. Don't try to snipe with it though, especially with HEAT rounds.

With 390 alpha you trade really well and you don't feel that much powerless when in tier 9 match, as opposed to almost every other tier 8 medium out there. Of course, you need to make liberal use of HEAT rounds and remember, no matter what, USSR tanks will troll you endlessly.

I believe the last buff was on the side armor, which went from 50mm to 80mm IIRC, meaning you won’t get overmatched by 150+ cal. guns anymore and lets you bully lower tiers, old type59 style. The tank is especially prone to ammo racks and fires when shot from the side, as you'd expect.

It taught me a lot about positioning (a lot of shots went to the moon back then, with 3.5(?) gun depression), forcing me to plan engagements ahead and learn to constantly check for support, since the DPM is not good enough to hold someone rushing you. Versatile enough to let you pull out some great games, once again, rewarding good map and battle reading ability. The reload time and decent camo means you'll learn to master the shoot-become unspotted-shoot cycle in no time.

Credit wise, there are better options with cheaper average ammo cost. Last but not least, it has premium MM, which is a big plus in my book.

I must warn you though, sometimes you get a terrible match where you miss the ELC EVEN for the third time, your HEAT is absorbed by a Batchat 25 T AP, you perfectly aimed shot hits the ground next to a T30 that proceeds to ammorack you with a snapshot, making you wish you haven't bought this tank.

Loken_ #3 Posted 17 March 2018 - 01:34 AM

Private

• Player
  • 5603 battles
It's playable if you fire loads of HEAT but then you barely make any credits with it. (You'll still make a net profit though.)

Edited by Loken_, 17 March 2018 - 01:34 AM.

xtrem3x #4 Posted 17 March 2018 - 02:24 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32296 battles
  • [EFE-X] EFE-X

It's not as bad as people say it is.

Compared to other premiums it's not really that good either

Titaniumas #5 Posted 17 March 2018 - 02:41 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 36083 battles
  • [PTS] PTS

It is one of the worst tanks in the game. Definitely one of the worst premiums.

Ofc it doesnt dethrone the Kv5 as worst premium tank in the game, but it comes close.

There is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON to buy it over the 112. There is NO REASON. The 112 has amazing side armor (120mm vs 80!!) and more frontal too (120 vs 100), the 112 turrett is also massively better at 240mm vs 200. And it has more hps, the fact that it is slower only means that with the T34-3 you die tired.

Bouncing 2k damage is not unusual in the 112, while in the T34-3 you simply DONT bounce, you cant, there is nothing that can bounce you. And EVERYTHING ammoracks you/sets you on fire.

Ammoracks are common in the 112 too, dont get me wrong, but before ammoracking you they need to pen, and your armor is there. In the T34-3 there is no such thing as armor.

Also the 112 has special MM too.

DO NOT BUY THE T34-3, you have been warned. It is BARELY decent shooting only Heat, but then the 112 becomes AMAZING, shooting full premium. and with GLD,VS and Rammer and consumables, there is NO WAY a T34-3 can kill a 112, since the 112 is also slightly faster in reloading.

I have the 112, and I have also tested the T34-3, stay away from it. The only premium worth buying is the Skorpion, since you cannot buy the Defender anymore.

Pansenmann #6 Posted 17 March 2018 - 02:47 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 34137 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostWindSplitter1, on 16 March 2018 - 11:34 PM, said:

I've been wanting this vehicle for a very long time but wasn't sure because of the poor pen and worse-than-arty precision.

In one hand there's that. In the other, it falls on the category of "proper tank". Tried it on test server. Had no probs with it.

And it since CN Light line opens up for the Mediums, it could be a good trainer for the pseudo Type 69

Is it really that thrash?

Don't care about the Hype 59 or the hype about it being taken off. But I'd like a final consult before thrashing or getting it.

I don't have the time to put it in short words.

The T-34-3 got now the same armor layout as Type 59 which is good and bad at the same time :)

Since the HD upgrade the T-34-3 can be a real beast.

Be aware of ammorack damage from your right side.

see picture I made to remind people of weakness of Type 59:

you have to work the turret. AP penetration is a bit less, but overall mobility seems to be

a slightly bit better, but maybe that's just observation bias.

I use the same 6th skill crew of WZ-120 on both Type 59 and T-34-3.

by far I am not a good player, but with an exceptionally good crew those tonks can be really fun

aswell being a pita galore.

PS: have some replays

http://wotreplays.eu/site/4234203

with video

http://wotreplays.eu/site/3895891#fisherman_s_bay-pansenmann-t-34-3

http://wotreplays.eu/site/3835168#karelia-pansenmann-t-34-3

Edited by Pansenmann, 17 March 2018 - 02:49 AM.

PauI #7 Posted 17 March 2018 - 07:20 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 25734 battles
It is avarage and does not make credits...hell my type64 makes more...but maybe in my case is the issue that i do not know tobl play armor tanks as my most played tanks are always fast paper tanks
I would probably exchange it for wz111 if i could

250swb #8 Posted 17 March 2018 - 09:23 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 22676 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostTitaniumas, on 17 March 2018 - 01:41 AM, said:

In case you've forgotten, you don't have one and 'testing' doesn't count.

And that is one of the fundamental problems with the T-34-3, it has lived it's life largely as an unloved dog which is now so embedded in the folklore even players who don't have one in the garage are experts. But it's not bad, it has preferential MM so lack of pen becomes less of a problem, and even if you shoot an entire battle with premium ammo you should still make a profit. The gun can troll, but in both directions, rush being fully aimed and it can miss the side of a Mauschen from feet away, but can unexpectedly lob shells across a map and hit if you let it fully aim then add a bit for luck. But the recent buff made it a brawler so a lot of the existing criticism becomes redundant, it's now a tough nut for a medium tank, play it like that and ignore too much finesse and it doesn't disappoint.

SnowRelic #9 Posted 18 March 2018 - 02:23 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22820 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostTitaniumas, on 17 March 2018 - 02:41 AM, said:

There is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON to buy it over the 112. There is NO REASON.

Okay. Let's see you put up a few replays with you training your Chinese medium crew in the 112.

Titaniumas #10 Posted 18 March 2018 - 03:24 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 36083 battles
  • [PTS] PTS

"Testing doesnt count". Ok, ignored. Not in the mood to be trolled. The only thing you said is "its a tough nut as a medium". With 11 seconds reload. A medium. Who cares if its bottom in all stats of all tier8 premiums. Who cares if its worse than the 112 in everything except speed.

To SnowRelic : if a tank is bad, is bad. "oh but you can train your crew in it". Ok, throw your money out the window.

Kurat666 #11 Posted 18 March 2018 - 03:50 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 29536 battles
  • [WEBAN] WEBAN

View PostTitaniumas, on 18 March 2018 - 04:24 PM, said:

"Testing doesnt count". Ok, ignored. Not in the mood to be trolled. The only thing you said is "its a tough nut as a medium". With 11 seconds reload. A medium. Who cares if its bottom in all stats of all tier8 premiums. Who cares if its worse than the 112 in everything except speed.

To SnowRelic : if a tank is bad, is bad. "oh but you can train your crew in it". Ok, throw your money out the window.

112 is a heavy tank btw..... Special MM, 390 alpha in tier 8, plus recent buffs makes it actually pretty decent. The buff that had the strongest impact, was the gun depression buff. -5 is godlike when compared to -3,5 it had before. It can count as a buff to aim time, because you can start to aim instantly - before you needed to adjust to every little bump, so you could bring your gun down on target...

Search_Warrant #12 Posted 18 March 2018 - 03:51 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 27201 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD
112 sucks at hulldown. the cupolas are massive for a heavy. sure as hell aint no IS-3 cupola thats near impossible to hit. T-34-3 cupolas are tiny and often get optics destroyed before it even hits the cupola. i enjoy T-34-3 more.

D4wiD3K #13 Posted 18 March 2018 - 03:51 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 659 battles

View PostTitaniumas, on 17 March 2018 - 01:41 AM, said:

Ofc it doesnt dethrone the Kv5 as worst premium tank in the game, but it comes close.

T-34-3 and KV-5 are perfectly fine tanks. As someone who has 1000+ battles and 3 gun marks on both of them I can recommend them to anyone who can reap the rewards of preferential matchmaking.

My observation has been that the players who mostly whine about these tanks simply fail to utilize their preferential matchmaking and play too passively instead of seizing the opportunity of never being bottom tier(as opposed to usually being bottom tier with normal matchmaking tanks). With KV-5 there are also the "im hevy tank i go trade with e75 and whine cuz i cant pen it" players, but the common thing is that the players who fail at these tanks simply don't understand how to take advantage of good matchmaking.

These are tanks for aggressive players, support jerkoffs can enjoy camping and being support sheeps who rely on their tier 10 tanks to do the heavy lifting on their normal matchmaking tanks with 200 penetration and 240 alpha in a constant stream of tier 10 battles and tell everyone how STA-2 is a good tank(which it is not) because it has "awesome" 212 penetration.

Edited by D4wiD3K, 18 March 2018 - 04:01 PM.

SovietBias #14 Posted 18 March 2018 - 04:07 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37407 battles

View PostTitaniumas, on 18 March 2018 - 02:24 PM, said:

You are wrong. Open tanks.gg, compare 112 and T-34-3 and check gun handling stats. There is a massive difference.

Also tagged with know, its, repost, but, still

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users