Jump to content


Patch day plans.


  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Axelfoley666 #1 Posted 17 March 2018 - 12:43 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 23048 battles
  • 628
  • [TWD] TWD
  • Member since:
    04-17-2012

My plans are for patch day, mow the lawn, Total War: Rome 2 and read and laugh at all the rants on this forum. I will probably wait till the following day to play WoT and enjoy the free day of premium being offered for the many server restarts, the extra server down time and ensuing chaos.

 

It's patch day, do not be surprised when it all goes to crap. You KNOW it is gonna happen.



xx984 #2 Posted 17 March 2018 - 01:10 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 56430 battles
  • 2,617
  • [SHEKL] SHEKL
  • Member since:
    08-11-2013
Never noticed a difference previously when playing on patch day so I will continue to do so..

SuedKAT #3 Posted 17 March 2018 - 01:14 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 12154 battles
  • 6,615
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-21-2014

View Postxx984, on 17 March 2018 - 01:10 PM, said:

Never noticed a difference previously when playing on patch day so I will continue to do so..

 

Apart from server crashes neither have I to be honest, according to tracking sites more people are playing and with 1.0 that most likely will be even more true, but can't say I've noticed any difference in gameplay. Still I won't most likely be playing, quite busy doing other stuff at the moment.

Loken_ #4 Posted 17 March 2018 - 01:15 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 5603 battles
  • 44
  • Member since:
    04-17-2011
This isn't like some triple A MMO expansion launch. It's a graphical update for a niche audience game that has been on the decline for quite a while.

xx984 #5 Posted 17 March 2018 - 01:17 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 56430 battles
  • 2,617
  • [SHEKL] SHEKL
  • Member since:
    08-11-2013

View PostSuedKAT, on 17 March 2018 - 12:14 PM, said:

 

Apart from server crashes neither have I to be honest, according to tracking sites more people are playing and with 1.0 that most likely will be even more true, but can't say I've noticed any difference in gameplay. Still I won't most likely be playing, quite busy doing other stuff at the moment.

 

if anything 1.0 will make it easier. Everyone will be looking at the fancy graphics and will be easy farms :hiding:

CmdRatScabies #6 Posted 17 March 2018 - 01:23 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 37626 battles
  • 4,508
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    10-12-2015
I wonder how many tryhards have been learning the HD maps on Test.  Quite a few I bet.

xx984 #7 Posted 17 March 2018 - 01:27 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 56430 battles
  • 2,617
  • [SHEKL] SHEKL
  • Member since:
    08-11-2013

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 17 March 2018 - 12:23 PM, said:

I wonder how many tryhards have been learning the HD maps on Test.  Quite a few I bet.

 

good idea. I know what I'm downloading when I get home :hiding:

Hardass #8 Posted 17 March 2018 - 01:30 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 33374 battles
  • 1,204
  • Member since:
    08-03-2010

working night shift and sleeping during the day so will be the following weekend for me at least all the patch day wannabe's will have left the game by then.

 



Axelfoley666 #9 Posted 17 March 2018 - 01:33 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 23048 battles
  • 628
  • [TWD] TWD
  • Member since:
    04-17-2012
4TankersAndDog has been doing videos on his YouTube channel for the 1.0 maps.

jabster #10 Posted 17 March 2018 - 01:36 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12598 battles
  • 24,096
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 17 March 2018 - 12:23 PM, said:

I wonder how many tryhards have been learning the HD maps on Test.  Quite a few I bet.

 

Well I’ve been playing Crysis Warhead and besides working out where my cross hair is I’ve also lost my hovercraft.



CircleOfSorrow #11 Posted 17 March 2018 - 01:44 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 29236 battles
  • 2,136
  • Member since:
    12-26-2012

View Postjabster, on 17 March 2018 - 12:36 PM, said:

 

Well I’ve been playing Crysis Warhead and besides working out where my cross hair is I’ve also lost my hovercraft.

 

Is that a decent shooter?  I've been itching to add one to my library for a while.  I'll probably end up playing through Fallout 4 again though.

 

As for my launch day plans;  I think it is on my birthday, so I'm going to buy the new Italian prem medium and play the heck out of that.  I was going to save a gril crew for it, but the constant warnings to use my xmas rewards had me worried after I lost last years compensation gril.



8126Jakobsson #12 Posted 17 March 2018 - 01:51 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 68898 battles
  • 3,655
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014

View Postxx984, on 17 March 2018 - 01:17 PM, said:

 

if anything 1.0 will make it easier. Everyone will be looking at the fancy graphics and will be easy farms :hiding:

 

​I will probably drive around and feel lost. Seen a bit of Anfield stream and just watching have been enough to throw me off. I wonder how many times I'm going to try driving past the borders. A lot, I bet. 

jabster #13 Posted 17 March 2018 - 02:00 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12598 battles
  • 24,096
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostCircleOfSorrow, on 17 March 2018 - 12:44 PM, said:

 

Is that a decent shooter?  I've been itching to add one to my library for a while.  I'll probably end up playing through Fallout 4 again though.

 

 

It’s not quite in the more stealthy/tactical approach of FarCry or Crysis but still a good FPS. I picked it up for £1.99 on Steam and you can’t argue at that price.



undutchable80 #14 Posted 17 March 2018 - 02:05 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 8267 battles
  • 2,131
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    10-30-2014

View Post8126Jakobsson, on 17 March 2018 - 01:51 PM, said:

 

​I will probably drive around and feel lost. Seen a bit of Anfield stream and just watching have been enough to throw me off. I wonder how many times I'm going to try driving past the borders. A lot, I bet. 

 

Play arty on patch day. Get a feeling for the new lay-out whilst raining death from above on tankers taking in the scenery. :P

 

I will still be on holiday so I will read the forum to get a feel how things are going with the new update  :B



Jigabachi #15 Posted 17 March 2018 - 02:10 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17948 battles
  • 19,594
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011
Might test it a week or so later, when all the chaos settled again.

IncandescentGerbil #16 Posted 17 March 2018 - 02:29 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 35775 battles
  • 1,453
  • Member since:
    11-24-2015
Need a strategy for ultimate noob bashing. Where are the new players likely to congregate do you think?

gunslingerXXX #17 Posted 17 March 2018 - 06:48 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 11403 battles
  • 2,256
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
  • Member since:
    11-16-2014

Work, take care of kids, crash on couch and read what happened with the patch on the forum.

 

I do look forward to the HD maps though, even at low settings it looks quite good!


Edited by gunslingerXXX, 17 March 2018 - 06:48 PM.


Nishi_Kinuyo #18 Posted 17 March 2018 - 08:51 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 7872 battles
  • 4,558
  • [GUP] GUP
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011
I dunno, probably get a daily container or two on WoWS, play some WoWP...

K_A #19 Posted 17 March 2018 - 09:04 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 13660 battles
  • 4,665
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    04-18-2013
I still have my hardcore Subnautica playthrough to go through (literally shat in my pants by running into a ghost leviathan under the floating island last time I played), and also I just redownloaded Medieval II: Total War and just started a new playthrough of the Britannia campaign, gonna take over the whole British isles as the Vikings! :izmena:

Edited by K_A, 17 March 2018 - 09:05 PM.


Steve8066 #20 Posted 17 March 2018 - 09:04 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 12967 battles
  • 884
  • Member since:
    10-06-2015

View PostAxelfoley666, on 17 March 2018 - 12:43 PM, said:

My plans are for patch day, mow the lawn, Total War: Rome 2 and read and laugh at all the rants on this forum. I will probably wait till the following day to play WoT and enjoy the free day of premium being offered for the many server restarts, the extra server down time and ensuing chaos.

 

It's patch day, do not be surprised when it all goes to crap. You KNOW it is gonna happen.

 

im more interested in the comments the redesigned maps are gonna get, not sure they will be what WG expect.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users