Finally

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

AvalancheZ257 #1 Posted 17 March 2018 - 05:37 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 3973 battles
  • [3WCST] 3WCST

A lot of people have the personal goal of achieving a certain % Winrate, or get to a certain league in Ranked, or even having a certain amount of Tier X's. But for me, it was something different (and probably quite stupid, in hindsight). I started the game off with an Excelsior and for a while it was great, bouncing pretty much anything. But then came along the T67's with their nifty little guns, usually penetrating my turret. So I'd just wiggle the turret and the tank, and things were going great again. Until they started loading gold. Endless gold. It wasn't fun being turned into a pincushion by T67's every game because all they had to do was dab the "2" key and then melt through all the armour I was lugging around. In the end, I got so mad I set my own personal goal of getting my first Tier X tank before firing my first premium shell. 

Not sure if you can even check the stats for this, but I got my first Tier X tank before I fired a single premium round. If a "ammo efficiency" or some metric like that exists, I'm sure it will say 0% gold rounds fired (for now). 

It wasn't easy, with all the Type 4-5/Maus/Defenders and now Obj. 268 V4's but I never really saw the point in loading gold at all. Massive costs for a shell that will likely miss or ricochet anyway if you don't hit a weakspot (which standard rounds would go through).

I'm proud of my achievement, because I got a mastery on all tanks in the line I went up (except for the Tier X, which I just got, and before Tier III, because getting a mastery there is more about luck than anything). I got those mastery's using nothing but AP (with a bit of HE and cheap HESH on the side). 

So now I can finally load gold and melt through all those armour plates that have been tormenting me for months. Especially since I just got the T-34-3 and without HEAT shells you're just not going to pen anything. 

Finally bought the Super Conqueror! 17 03 2018.jpg

Pandabird #2 Posted 17 March 2018 - 05:44 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33973 battles
  • [KOFF] KOFF
We all have silly goals, mine is reaching 300 ace badges and have all my tanks at 50% wr or higher :p if/when i reach this goal will serve no actual purpose, but until then it's a fun challenge.

But congrats on achieving yours^^

Edited by Pandabird, 17 March 2018 - 05:47 PM.

LordMuffin #3 Posted 17 March 2018 - 06:16 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 48529 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
Well all have different goals.
My first was to get all my tanks aced and above 50% WR (except T1 and T2, which are either impossible or very easy depending on which week you try).

Then my 2nd goal was to 3-mark the Centurion MK 1 (before all the buffs).
And then it went on.
Currently it is to 3-mark every tank, starting at T5 (including every prem tank I own) (except arty and most TDs), I am currently on T7 with 2 or 3 more to go.
Then it is T8.

But I have had a break for ~1 month now, Sue to release of patch 9.22.
Will check the 1.0 patch out, but am unsure if I will proceed.

_b_ #4 Posted 17 March 2018 - 06:40 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 55426 battles

Four tanks away from having all tier xs...except from arty that is.

Kept or rebought most from tier five and up...so goal is once grind is done to start on their crews and get each up to three or more skills.....and perhaps also increase wr.

Makotti #5 Posted 17 March 2018 - 06:48 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 14580 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
My goal was to get T55A. Well, now I got it somehow my gaming is more relaxed, no stress for objectives and I can play what tanks I like, not what I need for missions. Affected my WR too, got it finally to 50% even if I'm not fond of useless statistics.

TungstenHitman #6 Posted 17 March 2018 - 07:25 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 24220 battles

Good for you buddy. Nice to pick off miles stones and person goals. My goals changed as I started to like this game and learned about how to play it. The bar went higher the more I improved and better I became. It sort of went in this order more or less, and now I have completed them all.

1. Putting an Ace on Tanks I really like, my keepers, Done(changes with a new tank of course)

2. Getting a Top Gun, Done(though a very early game goal since can be done at lower tiers)

3. Getting a Radley Walters, Done

4. 3 marking a tank, Done.

5. Completing two sets of PM with honors, every class, Done(and honestly I don't have the drive to want to play another 2 sets of SPG missions, unlikely I ever will find this desire either)

6. Getting a Pools Medal, Done

There have been some really rare Epic medals I picked up along the way like a Fadins and a De Langlades, Tamadas etc which were nice boxes to tick though I never actually set out for any of the other ones, they were not my goal. So I've achieved all my goals now and if I never played this game again I'm happy I got out of it what I wanted and of course all the fun along the way. I'm actually a "I play for fun" player now at this stage. When I win these medals again it's always nice and adds that extra bit of spice when the chance presents itself. I don't win them too often but it's just history repeating itself so it never sets the pulse racing like the first time I won one of the above so I don't really mind if another player kills that 10th tank when I was on 9 kills or kills that 8th tank when I was on 7 kills anymore. 

xx984 #7 Posted 17 March 2018 - 07:38 PM

Major

• Player
  • 56430 battles
  • [SHEKL] SHEKL
Interesting one. And has actrually given me an idea. Going to try and 3 mark some tanks with standard only.

Spurtung #8 Posted 18 March 2018 - 02:56 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 65982 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP
We're in presence of the very definition of masochism.

Balc0ra #9 Posted 18 March 2018 - 03:04 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 67397 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
So you played the Excelsior for over 300 games with only AP with sub 100 pen in the current meta? Can't have been easy, but hat of if you did and still managed to keep the WR above 50%. Mine has trained 4 HT crews past a 2nd skill. And I did 3 MOE it to not long ago. It's a fantastic little tank. But not that great with 91 pen vs O-I's and AT-8's etc. I have to admit. I run a 50/50 AP/gold load on that. Not even ashamed to say it. It's one of few tanks I do have that on. 86 pen Matilda IV is one to.

malachi6 #10 Posted 18 March 2018 - 12:11 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 50462 battles

View PostAvalancheZ257, on 17 March 2018 - 05:37 PM, said:

A lot of people have the personal goal of achieving a certain % Winrate, or get to a certain league in Ranked, or even having a certain amount of Tier X's. But for me, it was something different (and probably quite stupid, in hindsight). I started the game off with an Excelsior and for a while it was great, bouncing pretty much anything. But then came along the T67's with their nifty little guns, usually penetrating my turret. So I'd just wiggle the turret and the tank, and things were going great again. Until they started loading gold. Endless gold. It wasn't fun being turned into a pincushion by T67's every game because all they had to do was dab the "2" key and then melt through all the armour I was lugging around. In the end, I got so mad I set my own personal goal of getting my first Tier X tank before firing my first premium shell. 

Not sure if you can even check the stats for this, but I got my first Tier X tank before I fired a single premium round. If a "ammo efficiency" or some metric like that exists, I'm sure it will say 0% gold rounds fired (for now). 

It wasn't easy, with all the Type 4-5/Maus/Defenders and now Obj. 268 V4's but I never really saw the point in loading gold at all. Massive costs for a shell that will likely miss or ricochet anyway if you don't hit a weakspot (which standard rounds would go through).

I'm proud of my achievement, because I got a mastery on all tanks in the line I went up (except for the Tier X, which I just got, and before Tier III, because getting a mastery there is more about luck than anything). I got those mastery's using nothing but AP (with a bit of HE and cheap HESH on the side). 

So now I can finally load gold and melt through all those armour plates that have been tormenting me for months. Especially since I just got the T-34-3 and without HEAT shells you're just not going to pen anything. 

You say that premium ammo is pointless as it will miss or bounce.  Now you say you are going to spam it?  Seems oxymoronic to me.

Nishi_Kinuyo #11 Posted 18 March 2018 - 12:34 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 7872 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

Some of my goals are to have good average stats in my favourite tanks that I've been playing for years.

Not as easy as it sounds, unfortunately, since trying to increase DPG with several hundred battles played in a given tank means you must perform quite a bit above the listed average.

Took me a bit over 500 battles to get my Chi-Nu's DPG up to its hitpoints (Fire For Effect every match on average, if you will), 3-marking it in the process being a bonus.

Other tanks I want to do that with are the Chi-To and the Chi-Ri; again, both with several hundred battles in them already.

AvalancheZ257 #12 Posted 18 March 2018 - 05:50 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 3973 battles
  • [3WCST] 3WCST

View PostBalc0ra, on 18 March 2018 - 03:04 AM, said:

So you played the Excelsior for over 300 games with only AP with sub 100 pen in the current meta? Can't have been easy, but hat of if you did and still managed to keep the WR above 50%. Mine has trained 4 HT crews past a 2nd skill. And I did 3 MOE it to not long ago. It's a fantastic little tank. But not that great with 91 pen vs O-I's and AT-8's etc. I have to admit. I run a 50/50 AP/gold load on that. Not even ashamed to say it. It's one of few tanks I do have that on. 86 pen Matilda IV is one to.

Absolutely. 91 pen had me tearing my hair out sometimes, but preferential MM means that there's always some tanks I can pen with the Excelsior. But yes, I kept a 53% (sometimes 52%, depends) winrate in that tank with just AP and got to 84% before the second MoE at one point. Still haven't loaded gold in that yet. Great little tank, but really suffers against the KV-series unless you can face-hug them. 

I have fired some gold in my T-34-3 now though. I had to specifically leave that in my garage for a few days till I got my first Tier X tank before I could load gold in it, and playing the T-34-3 without HEAT is nearly impossible in Tier IX games. 

AvalancheZ257 #13 Posted 18 March 2018 - 05:52 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 3973 battles
  • [3WCST] 3WCST

View Postmalachi6, on 18 March 2018 - 12:11 PM, said:

You say that premium ammo is pointless as it will miss or bounce.  Now you say you are going to spam it?  Seems oxymoronic to me.

It was pointless from an economical point of view, especially when your grinding up your first tank line to Tier X. But now I have several high tier premiums to cover my credit costs I can sit back, press "2" and relax when I want to have fun. 

Hearing "we dinged them" for the millionth time won't be so annoying now that I can press "2" and turn the next shot into a "Weeee GOT 'em!". 

Balc0ra #14 Posted 18 March 2018 - 11:32 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 67397 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostAvalancheZ257, on 18 March 2018 - 05:50 PM, said:

Absolutely. 91 pen had me tearing my hair out sometimes, but preferential MM means that there's always some tanks I can pen with the Excelsior. But yes, I kept a 53% (sometimes 52%, depends) winrate in that tank with just AP and got to 84% before the second MoE at one point. Still haven't loaded gold in that yet. Great little tank, but really suffers against the KV-series unless you can face-hug them.

Yeah some HT's you face will troll you hard if you low roll etc. Even if you have the KV-1 side. I would never have seen the 3rd MOE considering how much you need with AP only. I can tell you that much.

8126Jakobsson #15 Posted 19 March 2018 - 10:50 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 68886 battles
My goal is to ace a sold tank that I can't get back. I like a good challenge. 

TheR3dBaron #16 Posted 19 March 2018 - 11:10 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 34714 battles
  • [REMY] REMY

You should never rush to tier 10 is the first advice you get in this game. On the upside, your stats have been going up recently :medal: Now that you achieved your goal, what are you going to try next?

Personally, I'd like to get the senior technical engineer badge, but I'm having problems keeping up with the tempo WG is releasing new tanks. For this year this probably means researching every tech tree, except the Russians.

- One German left (arty :amazed:).

- One Chinese TD left.

- 5 French (3 new heavies + 2 arty)

- Italian tech tree.

Next year, it will be the Russian TD lines, new heavies, some mediums and entire arty line unfortunately.

Sirebellus #17 Posted 19 March 2018 - 12:06 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19821 battles
I'm not gud enough to be setting targets for MoE's, WN8 levels or grinding every tank line up to T10

But I have set myself the goal of getting my WR up to over 50% by concentrating on playing well in a few tanks...
So my current 'target' to get to 50& is to win 121 more games than I lose, and over the past 3 months my WR has been almost 53%, which means if I keep that rate up I should achieve my target in just over 2,000 games time - I play about 100 games a week so I should get there in August !  

Draz_H #18 Posted 19 March 2018 - 01:18 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14692 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
My goal is to get 15 kills in a Tier X tank with 0 premium shells so I can send it to QB. It's getting harder and harder with all these new tanks... :hiding:

Also tagged with Finally

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users