FINISHED - Type 64 giveaway - fishbob101 wins it.

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

D4wiD3K #1 Posted 17 March 2018 - 08:15 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 659 battles

My good buddy Per_Saukko_EU tuned in for the WG stream late and had apparently joined a "you must have said something over the past 15min" giveaway for Type 64. He was kindly reminded of his participation when his name appeared as the winner of the giveaway. As he already owns the tank, has plenty of gold sitting on his account from the Christmas event and the Skorpion G from the replay contest has yet to arrive, he is in a position where he has little need for this mighty tank. If only Kandly stopped shoving him tanks and joined his platoon instead... could do with a Defender or Type 62 as an apology for the burden of all the free tanks though. Anyway... Per decided to ask me, his dear friend, to make a giveaway of the code.

Per wrote the following text for me to post. These are not my own words so please do not throw rocks at me for Per's thoughts. We are not the same person after all.

Type 64 is an outstanding tank. It used to be a cutesy premium tank for one of the most useless lines of the game for a long time until the light tank changes around a year ago. Suddenly it effectively went from tier 7 to tier 6(because it lost its scout matchmaking) and became able to mount Vertical Stabilizer and these changes turned your average light tank into a powerhouse. It's one of the absolutely most powerful tier 6 tanks and although tier 6 premiums aren't exact gold mines, it does make you credits. It's a fantastic tank for completing the first 2-3 sets of light tank missions and it's also a great TB/SH tank. This is not a Matilda IV of T-25 but a genuinely powerful tank that sees play in multiple formats. Because of this I'd much rather have this code go into good use than give it to someone who already owns the tank and gets a few credits and a garage slot off it.

Not kidding, it's a good tank:

Rules:

1. I must consider you a borderline acceptable being, even human. It also helps if you actually need the tank and are not just a greedy [edited](see Jumping_Turtle's clan tag for further details of the missing term) trying to deny someone else a powerful tank because you are a [edited]. Being my friend will not increase your chances here if I deem you less needing/deserving of the tank than someone else.
  2. You must not own the tank and you must play a battle with it within 48 hours of receiving to convince me that you used the code. I cannot actually enforce this rule but your reputation is at the stake. Again the objective here is that the tank is going to be put into use rather than re-sold or turned into credits.
  3. The winner will send both Actinid and Kandly his/her thanks through forum PM after receiving the reward. These people organized the giveaway and I won it without even knowingly taking part. The credit should go to them as well as the Wargaming EU office, not me. I am only forwarding the tank to someone who needs it because I don't.
  4. Answer the questions below.

These rules are there primarily to prevent people from joining who either don't need the tank and just want to receive a few credits or sell the code, or those who are joining with alt accounts. To allow the members of MadMen to join the contest the use of an alt account is allowed if the main is banned.

Now to the giveaway. This is going to be quite simple. Answer the following questions:

1. Who are you? I don't need your cup size here(it may help though) but I just want to have a general picture of what kind of a person you are.
  2. How did you end up in this thread? 
  3. Why do you need the tank? 
  4. Why should YOU of all people receive the tank over the others who also need it?

Your answers can be short or long, it doesn't matter. If you have to make jokes, make sure they are distasteful enough. I'll choose the person who I feel should get the tank. This isn't an exact science and nobody should feel offended if they miss out. The winner will be decided on Monday or Tuesday.Thanks for reading and good luck writing your life stories and lies!

The winner has been declared and it's fishbob101 who has received the code in a private message.

Edited by D4wiD3K, 19 March 2018 - 11:17 AM.

Baldrickk #2 Posted 17 March 2018 - 08:27 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 30507 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-
1) You know me
2) I saw it and clicked it
3) I have it so I don't
4) I just wanted to join in

D4wiD3K #3 Posted 17 March 2018 - 08:32 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 659 battles

View PostBaldrickk, on 17 March 2018 - 07:27 PM, said:

1) You know me
2) I saw it and clicked it
3) I have it so I don't
4) I just wanted to join in

I have good news! Of the current participants, you're winning!

Edited by D4wiD3K, 17 March 2018 - 08:32 PM.

K_A #4 Posted 17 March 2018 - 08:40 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13651 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

1. I am a Finn like Per, so we have something in common!

2. I saw giveaway in the thread title and I like free stuff like buckets so I clicked it!

3. Well, like Baldrickk I too have it, so I don't really need it.

4. Because I shoot so much gold ammo (clan rules and everything...) that I could use the credits to supply some more gold ammo on my tanks.

PS. I'm not really participating, but I sometimes feel so inferior when looking at other people's post counts so I thought I'd post something anyway :harp:

Edited by K_A, 17 March 2018 - 08:43 PM.

Rataplan #5 Posted 17 March 2018 - 08:52 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16709 battles
  • [USAW] USAW

1) It was a rather nice day, early September 1978. Then all of a sudden my mother started having her contractions announcing my forthcoming arrival on this planet (although she had been aware of this fact for about eight months already). A couple of hours later I was born, i weighed 3,24 kg for a rather short 49cm. Later on in life my length would catch up, my weight not that much (still a skinny bloke, i'm affraid). My mother and father were very happy that day, my older brother a whole lot less having to share their attention with someone else.

Now skip to the short version before people start drooling on their keyboards and have to spend more money then the price of a type 64:

My nickname is referring to the most stupid dog in the western hemisphere which means I don't take myself too serious. This helps according to people who know me to be quite a nice bloke. I therefore think I'm passing on the right side of borderline acceptable as a huiman being.

2) I saw the thread and I don't own the tank.

3) My life wouldn't become miserable when I didn't own this tank so in a strict sense I can't claim I really need it. I would like to own it though since I plan to play more light tanks (not much experience there, none above tier 5). I've heard the type 64 is a rather nice light tank and it would be a good starting point with the bonus of not having to grind to tier six (I stopped grinding the german lights at the leopard when it was the highest light tier in the line, which was in the late Middle Ages).

4) I don't have a clue, but I'm sure you will decide wisely/ in a completely drunk state / with the help of a game of darts (just scrap which doesn't fit)

edit: forgot the beginning of answer 2 :sceptic:

Edited by Rataplan, 17 March 2018 - 08:59 PM.

shikaka9 #6 Posted 17 March 2018 - 08:54 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 62204 battles
  • [SWM] SWM

1. Shikaka - the white bat. Number 1 enemy of Ace Ventura

2. by scrollin down

3. i want to be one shooted with it by stalin's balance and of course to burn some artz

4. i promise not to fail with it and make it shine *david bowie - heroes starts to play* if not *REM - everybody hurts playlist song no.2*

VarzA #7 Posted 17 March 2018 - 08:56 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22624 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

View PostD4wiD3K, on 17 March 2018 - 08:15 PM, said:

1. Who are you? I don't need your cup size here(it may help though) but I just want to have a general picture of what kind of a person you are.
  4. Why should YOU of all people receive the tank over the others who also need it?

Your answers can be short or long, it doesn't matter. If you have to make jokes, make sure they are distasteful enough. I'll choose the person who I feel should get the tank. This isn't an exact science and nobody should feel offended if they miss out. The winner will be decided on Monday or Tuesday. Thanks for reading and good luck writing your life stories and lies!

1. Started in beta, made bad decisions, ended up on NA, came back here .... i want to get better overall.

2. I saw the thread up.

3. I plan to finish all chinese tanks, finished 5A (my first t10 tank) and 113 (2nd t10 tank), still have to do the mediums and lights, i love chinese tanks. (i am so sorry to the taiwanese ppl reading this)

4. There are probably better ppl than me (i don't own it), but if i get it i promise not to trade it in for something else, and to keep it. I would need the tank, but i don't really need it.

PS: I don't have many premiums, and i promise to put a taiwanese flag on it .... i assume there is one in the customization.

Edited by VarzA, 17 March 2018 - 09:01 PM.

FluffyRedFox #8 Posted 17 March 2018 - 08:57 PM

General

• Player
  • 23894 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Rules:

1. I must consider you a borderline acceptable being, even human.

Edited 

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to swearing. 

Edited by VMX, 20 March 2018 - 01:49 PM.

Pandabird #9 Posted 17 March 2018 - 09:11 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33973 battles
  • [KOFF] KOFF
If you need numbers, i'd 34 it for you.

Jokes aside, i don't need it and neither do i want it as i already own it.

I'm on the same wavelength here, thinking this particular tank truly deserves an owner. Someone who hasn't had the chance to try it out, yet seems capable of handling it. Are you an aspiring light tank ace? Get over here ffs, this is your chance to try something truly great.

D4wiD3K #10 Posted 17 March 2018 - 09:11 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 659 battles

View Postfishbob101, on 17 March 2018 - 07:57 PM, said:

I'm in a kind mood today so even TD players are allowed to participate.

View PostEndranii_PL, on 17 March 2018 - 08:00 PM, said:

1. I'm the voice.

2.No idea m8.

3.I don't need it?

4.Who said I want it?

You should stop posting here and apply for the voice actor of Mufasa in The Lion King instead. I promise to watch it if you get the role.

Edited by D4wiD3K, 17 March 2018 - 09:16 PM.

SiliconSidewinder #11 Posted 17 March 2018 - 09:13 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 27883 battles

1: Well I am SiliconSidewinder, and have been floating around on the forums a lot some time ago.

What you need to know about me? well I like to make a lot of silly jokes, but at the same time I am a very serious person.

I have never done damage to another player on purpose and try to be "gallant" in battle, though my temper might get the better of me from time to time.

2: I was so tired I stoped playing and looked for the most recent threads instead.

3: need is the wrong word, but my father is Taiwanese and as this is a Taiwanese tank, so I am naturally interested.

4: well basically the same reason as above, I know I could write a more entertaning story here, but I'd like to be honest with you so you can get a clean unbiased pick.

byond that I think it's great your friend is giving the tank away! good luck to the both of you.

psychobear #12 Posted 17 March 2018 - 11:18 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19103 battles
  • [7EVEN] 7EVEN

1. I like finns, you guys rule.

2. I have the tank, so not interested in the giveaway.

3. Just chimed in to show appreciation for this thread.

4. GG.

arthurwellsley #13 Posted 17 March 2018 - 11:25 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 52133 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
  1. I am Spartacus, no wait that went wrong, ah I have it now =  I am Per for we are all forum banned!
  2. The Dingers told me about it
  3. I don't I already own it.
  4. I visited Finland and liked it.

Denisian #14 Posted 17 March 2018 - 11:31 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 7230 battles
  • [VIVUS] VIVUS

It's a good thing what you/he is doing, but I think that it kind of feels like begging and people have to walk the fine line between modesty and Edited. I guess it will be deserved if you give it to someone who has invested a decent amount of time both in the game and forum anyway. I've only got a Chaffee and don't even know the difference between Type 62 and 64 so there's that.. feelsBadMan

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks. 

Edited by VMX, 20 March 2018 - 01:59 PM.

CircleOfSorrow #15 Posted 17 March 2018 - 11:38 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29236 battles
It's nice that you guys are making an effort to find a deserving recipient.

GG

Omeron_1 #16 Posted 17 March 2018 - 11:42 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 11423 battles
Bought superpershing, regret it to this day, my only premium, im cute, i try and improve. Bunnies are cute,i love em.

Renesco #17 Posted 17 March 2018 - 11:49 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 21403 battles
  • [SOBAD] SOBAD

1) I'm 35 year old tank enthusiast from Ireland, and it's Paddy's day so have a heart. I suffer each day with my awful children and I need to increase my stress even further by playing tanks until I reach a stress-singularity

2) I was enticed by a Type 64 which I've wanted for a long time. I recently done the first set of personal missions and really wanted a premium light tank to do them in

3) I'm mediocre in light tanks (but I do have my moments SP1Cand T71CMCD) and have wanted a Type 64 for a long time for personal missions and the like, I also don't own a premium tank beyond tier 6 (edit: I have a single tier 6 tank, the Tiger 131 which I bought because I've been to Bovington tank museum twice to see it in person)

4) I don't really know, maybe I'm not deserving, but if it's any consolation I'll use it a lot, I keep all my premiums and have used some since day one like my beta tester M4A2E4 which has seen about 9 years of use, and I still have my original free tetrarch and t1e6 from back in the day

I also once headbutted a deer at 120kph driving a motorbike down the motorway at 1am and I was fine, which makes me an ideal candidate for this tank I would argue

Edited by Renesco, 17 March 2018 - 11:55 PM.

Thuis001 #18 Posted 17 March 2018 - 11:51 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 5981 battles
  • [-SBN-] -SBN-

1. I started playing this game about 3 years ago, then took a 2 year break coming back in around April-may last year. Then I started to learn the mechanics and improve a lot (I'm almost at 1k WN8 and a decent WR) I try a lot of different tanks and tactics and get along with most tanks. Heck, I liked the Churchill I. I'm not an [edited], never shooting players on my team, even if they deserve it. Neither do I teamkill arty or stuff like that.

2. I saw it in the "recently posted" tab on the right and deciced to give it a shot, heck you never know XD.

3. I am currently working on the light tank missions so having this little bugger would be really usefull. Besides that it would perhaps help me get better with light tanks in general (did quite well in the Chaffee, but it's succesor just doesn't seem to work that well)

4. Heck I don't know, I would like to have the tank as it seems pretty powerfull, and I hope I will be able to improve my light tank gameplay with this tank in general. Besides that I like mobile tanks with a good gun and some depression.

SpartanmarkV #19 Posted 18 March 2018 - 12:13 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 8716 battles
  • [-RLD-] -RLD-
    ANWSERS
    1. A human being and Light tank main
    2. Found it
    3. I have it already and actually have no idea why i would need it
    4. dont give it to me

D4wiD3K #20 Posted 18 March 2018 - 01:42 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 659 battles

View PostDenisian, on 17 March 2018 - 10:31 PM, said:

It's a good thing what you/he is doing, but I think that it kind of feels like begging and people have to walk the fine line between modesty and Edited. I guess it will be deserved if you give it to someone who has invested a decent amount of time both in the game and forum anyway. I've only got a Chaffee and don't even know the difference between Type 62 and 64 so there's that.. feelsBadMan

I don't quite understand why would any Edited be needed. Noone was asked to say anything at all related to me(or Per) and the only players I will directly rule out are players I simply find the biggest bags of [edited]. I am not writing down a list but it is agonizingly short and does not include players I have regularly disagreed with in one or more occasions. Even jabster would have a chance at winning it even though I'm fully well aware of that he disapproves of Per and his friends like me.

This is meant to be a lightweight community event where Per tries to make someone happy with the Type 64 code that he doesn't need which he accidentally won. It's a very good tank and it would be a shame to waste it, nothing more nothing less. In the perfect world I'll find an active forumite who seems like a good guy, can write a good post and has few to no premiums and whom I expect to enjoy the playing style of the tank. Ideally the person would also be a hot single Asian female with a high sex drive who can also cook. In real world this is probably not going to happen and some compromises have to be made but at the very minimum it'll be an interesting opportunity to get to know something about various forumites(new and old) in their own words. We'll see in a couple of days.

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks. 

Edited by VMX, 20 March 2018 - 02:09 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users